Randooooooooom in the Spring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a bad day. I want to go out. It's so beautiful out but who wants to go out alone? I'd rather sit at home and feel sorry for myself then go out and see all sorts of people having fun :sad:

I called Amy to see if she wanted to go to the lake with me tonight but she didn't answer her phone. I left a voice mail but she hasn't returned my call so that must mean no. In another hour it will start to get dark and too late for a walk. :(

I just to my mom not too long ago. Here's my plan for my birthday since it's on a Saturday....I want to get up early and drive to a Stillwater-like town. Not Stillwater though since I go there so much in the summer. I told my mom that I want it to just be her, my brother (if he'll go) and my sister. My dad works until 3:00 on Saturdays. So my mom is a weirdo and feels the need to be done with whatever she does and home by 3:00 to meet him after work. Even though all he wants to do is take a nap and a shower before he goes anywhere so they never end up going out until at least 6:00. :| So my mom said she didn't "get it" about going for a drive. I asked if it was because of my dad and she got all defensive. I said I wanted to be back in time to go to dinner. I do not want to go to dinner with Alli, Todd, and Scott. I may ask them to come over later that night or go to one of the bars by my apartment but I don't want to go to dinner with them this year. I don't understand what she didn't "get." My sister thought it sounded like fun so I know she'll at least do something with me that day. I guess 31 isn't a big deal and I'm probably too old to make a big deal about my birthday anways.

I'm in a creepy mood and don't feel like logging into my journal so you'll just have to ignore my long boring posts.....

i'm bored.

i want to go out...i was waiting for jerod to call, he said he'd give me a call if he came up with another ticket to see killradio tonight in northampton, but i guess he never did as it's 7:30 now and the show started a half hour ago.

eh...whatever. i didn't really care that much about the show, otherwise i would have just bought a ticket instead of waiting around for a free one to fall into my lap. killradio are the openers, and i don't like them that much. they're alright. but the openers (i checked the site) are some annoying as hell electro-punk band.

i just wanted to go somewhere. i hate having nothing to do on nights when i don't have to work, and then having a bunch of things i'd like to do on nights when i do have to work :mad:

i'll be in maine next weekend!

My mom doesn't understand my need for an iPod. :sigh: I personally didn't either until I sat on an airplane clutching my CD player so it wouldn't skip and then had to finally give up because even that didn't work. Plus I can't take a CD player with me during a walk. It's too big and it skips. My portable CD player is only a few years old too so it shouldn't skip but it does.

I told her it has nothing to do with U2 because that iPod has been out for months and if I desperately wanted it because of U2 I would have bought one. I just think it would be something I would get a lot of use out of.

I don't want or need a single thing for my apartment. I don't want anyone to buy me clothes because they always by me the wrong size.

It's all I want and my family always buys whatever we all want for our birthdays so I dont' understand why I have to have the iPod conversation every day with her. All I want are gift cards to the Apple store...and there are several around town so no one would have to go out of their way to find one :mad:

I told her I know I'm going to have to put my own money towards it so all I want is a little something from them to help out. She'll get a gift card to the Apple store for me but it's going to be a long few weeks of having the conversation of why I really need this.

Last edited:
My beautiful U2 and I book that Kariann and Schmeg are sending me for my birthday is now in PA. It has been since 8:30 AM. I HATE the Fed Ex website. :mad: I deal with it at work every single day and they never update the damn thing.

:sigh: I should have deleted the tracking # so I don't obsessively look on Fed Ex's website. But I have nothing better to do with my time anyways :|

arw9797 said:
I called Amy to see if she wanted to go to the lake with me tonight but she didn't answer her phone. I left a voice mail but she hasn't returned my call so that must mean no. In another hour it will start to get dark and too late for a walk. :(

I would go for a walk in a heartbeat if I were there! It's been really nice here today too and wanted to go out and do something after work but had no idea what other than what I am probably going to do tomorrow and it's going to be nice again then. So I came home opened up all my windows and filled the room with a fabulous spring breeze and fresh air while I went through a bunch of crap to get rid of again. Not fun but productive....for some reason I do get more done when I can open up the windows and let the sun shine in.

arw9797 said:
My mom doesn't understand my need for an iPod. :sigh: I personally didn't either until I sat on an airplane clutching my CD player so it wouldn't skip and then had to finally give up because even that didn't work. Plus I can't take a CD player with me during a walk. It's too big and it skips. My portable CD player is only a few years old too so it shouldn't skip but it does.

I told her it has nothing to do with U2 because that iPod has been out for months and if I desperately wanted it because of U2 I would have bought one. I just think it would be something I would get a lot of use out of.

I don't want or need a single thing for my apartment. I don't want anyone to buy me clothes because they always by me the wrong size.

It's all I want and my family always buys whatever we all want for our birthdays so I dont' understand why I have to have the iPod conversation every day with her. All I want are gift cards to the Apple store...and there are several around town so no one would have to go out of their way to find one :mad:

I told her I know I'm going to have to put my own money towards it so all I want is a little something from them to help out. She'll get a gift card to the Apple store for me but it's going to be a long few weeks of having the conversation of why I really need this.

I had been thinking about getting an Ipod before the announcement of the U2 one even came out...mostly for the convenience of having during travelling and all that good stuff. I cant imagine not having it now. You really do need one. :yes:

arw9797 said:
My beautiful U2 and I book that Kariann and Schmeg are sending me for my birthday is now in PA. It has been since 8:30 AM. I HATE the Fed Ex website. :mad: I deal with it at work every single day and they never update the damn thing.

:sigh: I should have deleted the tracking # so I don't obsessively look on Fed Ex's website. But I have nothing better to do with my time anyways :|

And it shipped FedEx Home...which doesnt make it any better.

HOLY SHIT

i was sitting here at the computer, and a rather large (well, it was about the size of a quarter...that's on the rather large end for me...that's large as far as i'm concerned - i don't live in the desert or the south!) spider dropped down out of nowhere, 3 inches from my face, and landed on my keyboard, scared the hell out of me.

:eek:

it's dead now.

:breathe:

Last edited:
I'm going to Target...3rd Target of the weeknd :der:

Sometimes having a million and one Targets so close is bad. I just sorted through all of my pictures I got in the mail plus the ones I had ordered last Fall that I still haven't done anything with. I'm determined to have all of my pictures in albums by my birthday if I do actually have people over.

So off to Target #3 I go......

My pictures are FINALLY sorted.

I accidentally capsized a spider earlier and felt kinda bad while I watched it lie on its back and wiggle its legs so I flipped it back over.

I went for a walk with my mom around the track at the high school across the street and that was pretty lame, but it's SO nice out. Spring is getting organied!

I had an actual purpose for coming in here but I forgot what it was...:shifty:

Oh right, this is what I came in here for! My inner European is Irish! :D

irish.jpg

Sprited and boisterous!
You drink everyone under the table

:laugh:

I didn't skew the results to this at all, I swear!!

:D

Edit: Okay, can someone tell me what that picture is? It looks like a boxer-briefs model rinning around some green hills. What's that got to do with being Irish?

Last edited:
it looks like someone (from the waist down) wearing a funky skirt, standing on some hill.

i dno't know what it's got to do with being irish...maybe it's running around ireland?

Schmeg said:
Oh right, this is what I came in here for! My inner European is Irish! :D

irish.jpg

Sprited and boisterous!
You drink everyone under the table

:laugh:

I didn't skew the results to this at all, I swear!!

:D

Edit: Okay, can someone tell me what that picture is? It looks like a boxer-briefs model rinning around some green hills. What's that got to do with being Irish?

That is an irish dancer.

oh, and spiders :yikes:

ok so I went to Target. No cute album :scream: I can't believe I didn't buy another one :mad: I was frustrated and decided that I didn't need to rush into picking one out just to have it so I left and went to Kohls.

I really didn't think they'd be open on a Saturday night at 8:00 but they were. I tried on a million things and only bought a picture frame. I didn't like any of the clothes. I think that place has gotten really cheap in the quality of clothes they sell.

The frame I bought is for the one picture The Jim took of The Edge on stage. As of right now that's my favorite U2 picture because I was there and I know exactly when Jim took the pic. Sort of...I can't remember the song but I know Edge only walked around the cirlce completely once. And since he's on the other side of his normal side of the stage I know when it was taken. Until I personally take pictures with my camera, that's my favorite. And I don't care how much of a dork anyone thinks I am but that thing is going on my desk at work next to my picture of us at Joshua Tree looking grim in Oct and a picture of us at the HOF in front of the huge U2 banner.

:drool:

This is the picture. I think it's beautiful. Edge could be a lot smaller than he is in the picture and I'd still think it's the most beautiful picture. I want to cry thinking about that night. :sad:

34362%3C%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B7788264ot1lsi

arw9797 said:
:drool:

This is the picture. I think it's beautiful. Edge could be a lot smaller than he is in the picture and I'd still think it's the most beautiful picture. I want to cry thinking about that night. :sad:

34362%3C%3A723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B7788264ot1lsi
:D That's the one he was taking with you in mind and he was mad that Edge turned around before he could take it! He'd love to know you really like it!

Edit: Was it during Zoo Station? I can't remember at all when it was. :reject:

Last edited:
I've had way too much pop with caffeine in it today. :| I'll probably be up all night and I know I'm going to get an 8 AM wake up call from my mom to tell me she's picking me up at 9 to go to the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom