Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| Manny Being Manny was traded to the Dodgers. The last two months were very bad, but I will miss him.

yeah I just heard about Manny.......................they were talking about some sign he held up during a game about being traded for Favre???? :confused:

Thanks fah :) I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.

Brett is supposedly winging his way to Green Bay as we speak.............he either plays with us or (don't let your head explode arw) MN or Chicago ~ those seem to be the rumors. (The flight is scheduled to land around 8 tonight: according to the news you can track the flight on their website............now they think he is Santa!)
Note to Aaron Rodgers: The flapping you hear above your head is vulture Favre. Take cover.

State Fair day :drool: I have eaten too much.............but it tasted soooooooooooo good. New favorite: Deep fried green beans.
I also had cheese on a stick...............ya gotta eat one thing at least on a stick. it is law.

yeah I just heard about Manny.......................they were talking about some sign he held up during a game about being traded for Favre???? :confused:

Thanks fah :) I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.

Brett is supposedly winging his way to Green Bay as we speak.............he either plays with us or (don't let your head explode arw) MN or Chicago ~ those seem to be the rumors. (The flight is scheduled to land around 8 tonight: according to the news you can track the flight on their website............now they think he is Santa!)
Note to Aaron Rodgers: The flapping you hear above your head is vulture Favre. Take cover.

I'm biting my nails waiting to hear what happens. I really don't think he's going to Chicago so......dammit. :angry: You have no idea how hard it would be to cheer on the man that was your enemy for so long.

So Shari....you gonna go out and buy a purple and gold jersey :flirt:

:scream: I don't want Brett!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

But on the other hand.....it might be fun with him around. :hmm:

1217477867.jpg

found pic

I'm biting my nails waiting to hear what happens. I really don't think he's going to Chicago so......dammit. :angry: You have no idea how hard it would be to cheer on the man that was your enemy for so long.

So Shari....you gonna go out and buy a purple and gold jersey :flirt:

:scream: I don't want Brett!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

But on the other hand.....it might be fun with him around. :hmm:

I won't be buying a purple and gold jersey..............I may be purchasing a Rodgers jersey.
The radio station is playing little snippets of War Games (the movie) when talking about the whole Favre issue :lol:

I don't want you to have Favre..................:shifty: He is ours ................I am still so friggin torn on this topic. I am pissed that the Packers seem to have tried to buy him off yesterday to stay retired. That was not fair. I am half in the fire Ted Thompson group, thanks to that.

:hmm: how many former Packers would be on the Vikings? Sharper, Robert Ferguson, Darrell Bevell (coach) and a player to possibly be traded to you later? It is like the scottish play...........can't say the name.

Can you even imagine what the first game of the season would be like? Monday Night Football :faint:

My head hit the pillow and I was gone for the night.

Radio is talking about the percentage of Cubs fans to Brewers fans at Miller Part yesterday. I just heard the audio from after the grand slam and WOW.............it is apalling. Estimates as high as 75% Good heavens *shakes head in shame*

A taste of what Tampa Bay sometimes goes thru when the Packers play down there. When N and I went to Myrtle Beach years ago we caught the connecting flight in Cinci and we went to the concourse and it was a sea of Green Bay Packer t-shirts and jerseys......... we thought we flew to Green Bay instead. Green Bay played North Carolina that weekend. It is always different when it is your team doing the invading.

:ohmy:Scary
UPDATE: 3 victims were teens from the U.P.
Three teens from Michigan have been identified as the victims of a fatal shooting in Marinette County, where more than 100 law enforcement personnel are seeking their killer this morning.

The Marinette County Sheriff's Department identified the victims as Tiffany Pohlson, 17; Anthony D. Spigarelli, 18; and Bryan Mort, 19. Twenty-year-old Daniel Louis Gordon was also shot but survived with minor injuries, according to information released this morning by the sheriff's department.

A preliminary investigation revealed that the victims were shot about 5:30 p.m. Thursday while they were out among a group of nine young adults gathered near the East Kingsford railroad bridge, located on the Menominee River, approximately three miles west of the City of Niagara and 90 miles north of Green Bay. The Menominee River forms the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

More than 10 local and state law enforcement agencies, including the Wisconsin State Patrol and Michigan State Police, will start processing information at the secured crime scene and continue their search for the shooter.

The shooter is described as a white male, with possibly gray or blond hair and between 30 and 50 years of age. He is about 5-feet-10-inches tall and was wearing camouflage clothing and carrying an assault rifle. Authorities are asking that anyone seeing an individual fitting the description or with information on the shootings to call Marinette, Florence or Dickinson County Dispatches at 911.

Roadblocks are in place at Highway 141 and Highway N in the City of Niagara, west into the Town of Aurora in Florence County and Highway O from the County Bar north to Highway N. Roadblocks are also posted along portions of Timothy and Carpenter Roads in the Town of Niagara. Motorists are urged to avoid travel in the area.

All residences on Antonissen and Bennett Roads have been evacuated, sheriff's officials reported this morning.

Linda Kirby came to work this morning at the Country Bar in Niagara, Wis. amid a scene of "wall-to-wall police" as more than 100 officers continue their search for the gunman.

"I haven't seen any other people," she said. "They evacuated a lot of people. Everybody's on lock down. You're not allowed to leave. I'm surprised they let us get to work."

People evacuated from their homes last night stayed at the Country Bar for a time last night but have since located elsewhere while officers search for a shooter in camouflage clothing and carrying an assault rifle.

She said of the officers, "They're everywhere. They're standing on the side of the road with weapons, watching and scrutinizing everybody. They searched our vehicle on the way to work. (They asked,) 'Where are you coming from? Where are you going to'?"

The Country Bar opened for business at 7 a.m. but Kirby, a bartender there, is not anticipating many customers today.

"It's scary and the woods around here are so thick that he could be anywhere or he could be long gone," she said.

:(

:angry: I was going to leave over an hour ago but then I sat down to email one of my Chefs at school and now here I am still at home. :grumpy: I emailed her to give her an update on the life of a student 6 months later and ask for help about job ideas. Hopefully she'll have something to say. She was always my role model while in school and someday I'd like to be just like her and teach inquiring minds everything and anything about being a Pastry Chef. With all of the negativity at my work by my coworkers and their lack of entusiasm to be their best, I always channel her and another one of my Chefs, to help me rise above it.

Thanks fah :) I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.QUOTE]

Thanks, all is well with us :hug:

That rock slide is about 20 minutes from my house :yikes: We have friends who commute on that highway everyday and are just thankful that no one appears to have hurt or killed.

That's the highway that you have to take to get to Whistler where part of the 2010 Olympics are going to be staged. :shifty:

my ears are plugged and sudafed is not helping with the dizziness. Normally no biggie but my sister and her boyfriend are driving to So Cal until Tuesday so I'm all alone. She's already pissed at me that I asked her to stop at the store on the way home becuase she wants to get on the road asap. This sucks ass. I really hope it goes away or I can get by Monday and find a dr to go to instead of having to go to urgent care. I think I have a large deductable at an urgent care. I just don't like the fact that I feel like crap all of a sudden and now I'll be alone.

:happy: so they left about an hour ago. My sister must have called our mom from the car because she called me. Hearing my mom's voice when I don't feel good always gets me all teary so of course I was a mess on the phone. So now she's probably going to call constantly all weekend. :der: I hate feeling like this. :sad:

so I've been up most of the night, sleeping for an hour here and there. I'm still not feeling well but I do feel better than I did earlier. Before my sister and the nurse left, he told me I needed to drink a lot of water because I'm probably dehydrated along with having plugged ears.

The dog has been wandering around most of the night and I can hear her tags jingling along. But about 15 minutes ago she started barking. I think she went into my sister's room and realized they're still not home and then wasn't sure where I was since she never comes in my room. So I let her outside to calm her down a bit and then I coulnd't get her back in. :angry: I had to put my shoes on and find a flashlight to get her to come in. Not exactly something I want to do at 3 am ever again. :tsk:

Today is going to be the first under 8 hour day that I've worked all week....that's only because it's at job 2. I reaaaaaaalllly should get ready and run a few errands before going in but I have a feeling that I'll end up being lazy and leave in order to be there on time.

it's amazing what drugs can do. I still feel like crap but I did find some of my allergy stuff I'm supposed to take daily so things like this don't happen. I don't have enough to do that so I save it for when I really need it. I guess now that i have health insurance again I need to get to a dr to get put back on daily meds. I haven't felt this crappy with plugged ears in a few years. :barf:

I am really wishing right now I had screwed TJ's over while I was working there between "real" jobs and started my current job in December. I would have had more than five days of vacation time and I could be in Lake Placid right now with my mom and my old Ice Dancing Posse. :sigh:

You know, it's REALLY hard to find a pretty song that is actually HAPPY. I am madly in love with The Park by Feist but after reading the lyrics, I'm pretty sure it's a break-up song. A local band wrote a song named after my neighborhood and it's about suicide.

Also, I need to find a few skating songs as I think I will have both a Basic Synchro class and a low-level sychro team this year.

I have been thinking a lot about music lately. :crazy:

You know, it's REALLY hard to find a pretty song that is actually HAPPY. I am madly in love with The Park by Feist but after reading the lyrics, I'm pretty sure it's a break-up song. A local band wrote a song named after my neighborhood and it's about suicide.

Also, I need to find a few skating songs as I think I will have both a Basic Synchro class and a low-level sychro team this year.

I have been thinking a lot about music lately. :crazy:

I went to see Batman today. I had planned on going to a movie today but then changed my mind this morning after last night's episode. I didn't want to stray too far from home and then get dizzy all over again. But my parents called me to see how I was feeling and they both said it's a good movie and talked me into going. It was ok. I haven't seen a lot of the Batman movies so I guess I didn't know what to expect. There was a lot more violence in it than I thought. At least I got out of the house for a bit. The dog and cat are both patiently waiting for their mommy's return and curled up in little balls on the floor. Pretty boring and unusual for both of them. Neither one will eat too much. It makes me wonder what they're like when we're all gone for a few days and a friend comes over to walk the dog and feed them both. My sister just called to say hi and asked how they were. She said if Lily isn't eating after 1 day than she's not going to until she gets back :(

speaking of my parents.....I'm really sensitive to anything Twin Cities right now because it's where I need to be. So my mom called me again today but later on to see how I am feeling and if I got out today. She told me they went to 2 art fairs and are going back to one of them tomorrow. :sad: Damn...I didn't think I'd miss home so much after 6 months. It really hit me sometime in mid June and I've been a mess ever since.

Back to work tomorrow so at leat I'll have something to do. It appears we're going to be back to 5 days a week now. For sure 4 days. I think part of my homesickness is from all of the time off from work. There's only so much one can do when it's 110+ outside each day.

Fried dough with sugar and cinnamon :drool:

Oh and
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V
He seems to be back........tonights family scrimmage night should be interesting.........wonder if he will go. I find it interesting that yesterday the reports started about how unhappy the coach was with the offense.............today Brett is *back*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom