Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :yikes: That doesn't sound good.

This is my last night at home before the trip. This time tomorrow I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic, desperately trying to get some sleep (and failing I assume - I can never sleep on planes :reject: ).

Anyone have any good sleepy drug suggestions?

:hyper: Exciting!!!!!!!
Simply Sleep from Tylenol PM is my saving grace. No pain meds in it just the sleepy stuff :yawn: Works for me and I don't feel groggy afterwards :up:

Vicodin worked for me on the way home from Hawaii, but I don't suggest you try what I did on my vacation to get it ;)

How paranoid are you about having your ID and Passport? I would be double and triple checking my purse.......

This is my last night at home before the trip. This time tomorrow I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic, desperately trying to get some sleep (and failing I assume - I can never sleep on planes :reject: ).

Just got an e-mail from co-worker. She worked today and fool of a boss did not so that was good. However the air conditioning died. Co-worker took all her personal stuff home with her today. It sounds like she is quitting after the demos she is scheduled for. This co-worker is a elf and helps me unpack and process trim as it comes in.

I am now beyond upset at HIM (the fool). Quite upset. I told co-worker to go see Sr. Manager like I did when fool got me so upset. She doesn't need the job. She just likes the area she works in and others in the store. I don't want her to be miserable by staying but someone besides me has to let Sr. Manager know what is going on. Co-workers husband said she can quit whenever she wants.

To sleep I will be taking the aforementioned Simply Sleep.
All the crap he says, does is why he can't get promoted :mad:

It sucks when good employees start leaving :hug:

Thanks for the sleep tip. I'll pick some up today before I leave (I have to get cat food anyway :angry: , I don't know how she went through 25 cans so fast).

I've put my passport in a zippered part of my purse, but I still check it like 3 times a day to make sure it's there :lol:

^:lol: yep, that would be me too.
Have a wonderful trip and take tons TONS of pictures! I want to see them :)

Xanax and red wine .... :D

I haven't read the whole forum here, but is this your trip to Ireland with Disney?

:sad: I have to take my car in on Friday for a diagnostic test. It's $100 just for the test. :scream: My car also needs a flush and filter for the transmission. I've really been avoiding that one. That's $130 to do, which is actually about $50 cheaper than the quotes I got in Mpls. So right there Mr Visa, which I never ever use, is going to get $230 put on it. :scream: I'm scared to find out what's wrong with it and how much it will cost. Too many lights come on now that shouldn't be and my service advisor, Dad, said it's time to bring it in :( My dad has always been in charge of my cars so it's really hard now that I live away. He could probably take this into his shop and get it done for half the price. Certainly the test would be free. :sad: I have to drive my sister's new car ( :hyper: ) to work tomorrow because their truck is a Yukon, which is huge, and won't fit in the parking ramp at work. It might but I doubt it. I see a lot of huge trucks from guests outside in the regular parking lot, not the ramp. I can't park in the lot so I'll have to take the car while she drives the truck. :drool:

k so I waste all morning waiting for my noon appointment that I scheduled 2 days prior. I get there and ask for Robert, the person I spoke to on the phone. I meet him and he has no recollection of our call nor does he bother to look to see if he put me in the system. We get to my car and I explain once again the issue. He gives me the run around and I ask if I can talk to someone else because I'm not clear on what he's saying. I also now have dad on the phone because I feel like I'm about to get screwed over. It's my car but it's his car if ya know what I mean. He's serviced hundreds of cavaliers in his day and knows my car inside and out. So guy #2 comes out and tells me that the light that's on means I need an oil change. My dad and I both say no at the same time because we both know that my car does not have an oil indicator light on it. They check out a few other things while I hang up with my dad. Meanwhile, my sister on her way from work to pick me up at the dealer.

They tell me that I have to pay $100 for the test, which I already know because I called the other day to ask. They then tell me there's a chance the diagnostic won't be able to tell them anything because the light is now off and hasn't been on for 2 days. My dad said the computer in the car can hold a code for a few weeks. The dealer guys tell me that's incorrect and they do not want to charge me for a test until the light is on. So I ask if the light comes on at 5:30 in the morning on my way to work, can I call one of them to meet me at the dealer to test the car? :| At this point I've totally lost all patience with them and get in my car and leave. Never once did they bring up the other $130 service I needed. My sister was almost at the dealer when I called to tell her that I no longer needed a ride. She was not happy with me.

So then my dad calls back to see what's up. I told him I left and would go to Auto Zone, which he strongly disagreed with the other day. He tells me to go and see what they say. He then asks the name of the dealer.

An hour later he calls to see if the service manager called me. I did have a missed call and voicemail but didn't know that until he called. So my dad talked to service manager :reject: I didn't ask him to. Basically he told the dude that they lost $230 today and any future business unless he has something to offer us now. He told the guy I did not go in there looking for a discount or deal of any kind and knew up front how much the test would be and that he sent me to a dealer, not a freebie place, because he has more trust in a dealer. :blahblah: The service manager said he would call me and have me come back and they would do the test free of charge. :reject: My dad said that was nice of him but there would be no guarantee they could convince me to let them fix any potential problems even if they did the test for free. The guy said he understood but would call me anyways.

I called the dude back and got his voicemail. He's yet to call back. So tomorrow my sister and I will take it to Auto Zone or Checker like the dealer suggested to get a free test. Then when we find out what's wrong with it, I'll find a different Chevy dealer to take it to even though the one I went to today is really close to work at home. Too bad for them.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why they would turn away $100 test. They kept saying they were only looking after my best interest by not charging me for a test that might come up with no answers. I really don't get it. I wasted my whole morning and now I have to take it somewhere else. :madspit:

^:huh: wow what a delightful experience / sarcasm

Watching Brewer game. 9th inning, 2 outs, losing by 2........miracle coming up? C'mon the Cubbies lost today..............

Last edited:
I thought it was about time I pop in and say Hey to everyone. It's super busy OT time at work for the next month so it's pretty much work and sleep. We ended up not having to go in today. Yay! My parents started their usual antics so I can't wait to get out of here in a little bit and drive out CF's.

I was bad and used part of my OT money to buy a pair of shoes from work that I really shouldn't have but I fell for them when I shot them. It was kind of sad because I kept looking everyday to see when I could order them and we'd be reunited!

I'm pretty busy but it's basically boring busy.

A boring busy is not bad.
I have a co-worker who is going to be working at the advertising studio. She will be unpacking and setting up the ads according to direction; she is hoping that it will lead to photographing the mdse.......................I thought of you when she told me she got the job. I told her to be kind when it comes to packing up the Trim mdse and sending it to the stores............I know where she lives..........she just laughed.
Picture of the shoes?

I should be cleaning but for some reason the heat (it is 80 degrees ~ I know it is nothing compared to where you are, arw) is getting to me.............:huh: My knee/ankle/foot has bugged me since the downtown visit earlier in the week. I loved checking things out downtown and would do it again in a heartbeat :heart:
I would like to ice the knee, but the ice is downstairs and the thought of stairs is all sorts of icky to me right now, so elevating on a pillow will have to do :shrug:

kelly is in Ireland right now :drool:. Wonder what she is up to
How is the car, arw?

I envy Kelly -- I went to Ireland 15 years ago and really want to get back before I'm too old to get around. Next year there maybe a family trip planned (including Mspurrl and our other sister ewings). I work for Disney and right now I could get that Ireland trip for 40% off, but can't do it during the time frame.

I would like to rent a car and just drive it like we did last time, but I think a guided tour for a large group would be better -- too many logistics to deal with otherwise.

Discount on travel :drool: too bad the time frame doesn't work for you :(
Ireland is a "someday" thing for me.............*wistfully said*

Um Ned, could you maybe pull Suppan out of the game before he gives up more runs? HMMMM PLEASE! 7 run inning *harumpf!*

They have cut rates on trips to Tuscany, too -- another thing I'd like to do.

I just found this -- I had to laugh, 15 years ago and quite the perm ...

blarney.jpg

ok,
Ned Yost leaves Suppan in game and Suppan gives up 7 RUNS

Cecil Coooper pulls his pitcher out after 2 HITS given up. ~ :heart: BTW ~ '82 Brew Crew; I can still see him motioning for the ball to go down during the Angels/Brewers playoff game
The Brewers reached their first (and so far only) World Series as they eliminated the Angels in five games, becoming the first team in major league history to come back from a two-games-to-none deficit and win a best-of-five postseason series. In the decisive Game Five, Jim Gantner and Charlie Moore scored on Cooper's seventh-inning bases-loaded single. In a gesture reminiscent of former teammate Carlton Fisk, who waved his arms to keep the ball fair in Game Six of the '75 Series, Cooper was motioning for the ball to get down. "I remember thinking, 'get down ball, get down.' The crowd was so loud I couldn't really hear myself saying anything, but I just wanted to keep waving so that ball would fall in there."

:scream: SUPPAN IS BACK IN :scream:

Ah, perms :giggle: I used to get them regularly.............don't miss them at all.

So you got the gift of gab by kissing the Blarney Stone :wink: ? So how uncomfy is it getting into that position?

I kissed it *twice*. This photo was because my then-boyfriend didn't get the shot the first time. I wasn't happy.

It's not easy -- the old guy holds you around the waist and tells you how to put your hands on the rails, and you work your way down that way. It's loooong way down (thankfully, they have some bars across the hole, but you just don't know how strong those things are!

I'm wondering if I could do it today -- it's also a good climb up the castle, too!

:yikes:
I honestly don't think my knee would tolerate the getting down on the ground thing..............can you just climb up the castle without doing the whole kissing thing? How are the stairs? Handrails? I officially feel/am old by asking those questions......:reject:
I'm not even going anytime soon and I am worried :lol:

If I remember, the stairs up to the top of the castle were in a winding staircase and were stone. You can roam the grounds and castle -- they don't make you kiss the rock if you don't want to. :wink:

It was a wonderful trip -- I'm hoping Kelly is having a blast.

I am now watching the old Batman tv series..............:lol: Batman vs. The Riddler in a boxing match................holy campiness Batman :lol:

I believe Joan Collins is in this episode, too.

Adam West once made a personal appearance in our store. I clearly remember him wearing white sandals and being kind of stand-offish. My Batman brush with greatness.

I am actually beginning to feel bad for Brett. He keeps saying he wants to play and according to a report he is now willing to compete for the quarterback job here in GB. Reportedly Brett planned to just show up at training camp but then he asked Ted Thompson if that would be ok. TT requested he not do that..............give him a couple days to work something out.
Now it is being reported that TT said he would be fired if Brett just showed up (don't know if he was joking or not)..........
What the hell is going on with my Packers?
I just want this all resolved :sad:

I asked Ted [Saturday], 'Am I welcome in the building if I report?' and Ted was just about shattered," said Favre in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Brett, you can't do that -- you'll get me fired.'

I said, 'Let me compete, you'll know I'll win this job' and Ted said again, 'Brett, things have changed. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback.' It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired. They would much rather see me in a Packers' uniform, paying me $12 million to be a backup -- which you know they really don't want -- rather than see in another uniform, no matter what they say. They'll drag this out, asking a king's ransom [in a trade], hoping it all goes away."

wow. I have no idea who to believe. The Packers said when this all started if you want to come back you will have to compete for the job with Aaron.................now this.

The trade to the Tampa Bucs is getting a lot of talk, again.

You know what? If this happens, I can't root against him.
Wouldn't be happy to be beaten by the Bucs, if it would happen, but could deal with it.

Had the same feeling today with Houston beating the Brewers...........I like Cecil Cooper too much *girly response to sports*.............wasn't happy that we lost, but since it was to Coooooooooop, I can deal with it.

Springsteen on 60 minutes

Aug 30, Lakefront, sitting outside of the venue (unless someone wants to spring for tickets for myself and J :wink: ), listening to the Boss and the E Street Band ~ oh yes.

The Brett Favre saga truly confuses me. All I have to say is if he's going to play again, I wouldn't be able to handle it if he's going to be in a purple and gold uniform. :tsk: He'll always be the enemy! In other fun football news.....I finally remembered to look at this year's schedule today. I'm so excited about a Monday night football opener against the Packers! It will be weird that 1 game is out of the way right away since those 2 meetings are usually the long awaited games but I'm still excited about it. The next month however really bugs me. We play teams out of our division for 4 games straight after the Packer game. :|

If I'm still here in Dec, which I have a feeling I will be, my sister is going to try to request the freebie tickets to the Cardinals/Vikings game on Dec 14. I was really shocked to see they were actually playing each other here. The baseball teams met this season but in MN only. I'm dying for anything Minnesota so I'd love to see my Vikes here. :drool: :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom