Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to ask what Mother Nature has against me?
Last vacation began with a stalled front that led to hot, humid weather that led to tornadoes and then flooding......
The same thing (with the exception of the tornadoes) is predicted ...............Flash Flood watch thru Saturday evening...........my vacation begins Saturday at 5:30.........dejavu :|

I would die if I ever saw Brett Favre in the purple and gold. Just die. :no: The horrors...............:scream:
Found the pic..............look or avert your eyes.................

untitled-2.jpg

well I've discovered the Arcade and Space Invaders :help:

Also, I'm a tad concerned about my drive tomorrow night. We can't leave until about 5:30ish now because my sister was sick at home for 2 days. We were going to leave at 3ish. So now that means I will have to drive on dark desert 2 lane highways. I hate it. That's why I wanted to leave at 3 because it's about a 5 hour drive. It's just coming on 8:00 and it's not quite dark out yet so that means now tomorrow I'll have a good 2+ hours in the dark :scream: :sad: :angry:

well I've discovered the Arcade and Space Invaders :help:

Also, I'm a tad concerned about my drive tomorrow night. We can't leave until about 5:30ish now because my sister was sick at home for 2 days. We were going to leave at 3ish. So now that means I will have to drive on dark desert 2 lane highways. I hate it. That's why I wanted to leave at 3 because it's about a 5 hour drive. It's just coming on 8:00 and it's not quite dark out yet so that means now tomorrow I'll have a good 2+ hours in the dark :scream: :sad: :angry:

:yikes: Put the bright lights on and leave 'em on as much as you can.
Won't be getting home till 6-ish so I wanted to pop in to say have a fun (and safe) trip! :wave:

Thanks Shari!

My sister is leaving early :dance: but we need to go to the DMV and get her plates so we can legally drive her car so......we still might not be on the road anytime before 5 :(

Have a good weekend everyone!

That was OUR argument! Hmm, chocolate or BANANA??? Let me think about that for like half a second...

There was a lunchtime e-mail today that the banana pudding was back and everyone should eat some before it goes bad. It's in the fridge! In the same dish as before!! YUMMMM!!!!

...and commercial underwriting fell off their chairs laughing.

I was put in charge of getting my kickball team together for the Indiana Brew Master's Festival tomorrow, and happily sent out an e-mail about where to park, how to get to my house, etc. I just got a few e-mails back asking what time we should meet up. :der: That's what they get for putting me in charge!

Thanks Shari!

My sister is leaving early :dance: but we need to go to the DMV and get her plates so we can legally drive her car so......we still might not be on the road anytime before 5 :(

Have a good weekend everyone!
Again with the :yikes: smiley
The DMV, huh? Hope it moves faster than ours...............Just to get my state ID is a adventure!

There was a lunchtime e-mail today that the banana pudding was back and everyone should eat some before it goes bad. It's in the fridge! In the same dish as before!! YUMMMM!!!!

MMMMMM :yuck: ~ sounds so yummy :yuck:

Arcade ^ next to the word Blogs, if you haven't noticed it already

Forgetting to put the time in ~ priceless :lol::hug:

I found the arcade! And much time was wasted last night on Tetris (me) and Space Invaders (him). Yet we still managed to go to Fed Ex, Kroger, and the recycling bins (as Indiana sucks and doesn't have a real recycling program and it refused to throw away bottles and cartons)!

FedEx was because I had hired my dad to print out invitations to save a buttload of money- 2 boxes of Target invitations + shipping back and forth to and from RI was waaaay less than having an actual printer print the invites. Anyway, good old Dad, he finishes them up and sends them overnight, signature required, so when they arrived at my house at 11:15 yesterday, right back to FedEx they went. Now I have a big weekend project and not much weekend. :crack:

That sounds like something our department's secretary would do - only she would announce it in the staff meeting.

Batman Begins is just coming on so I can get lost in that.

Accompanying mom on her jury duty tomorrow.
Mom at courthouse.
Shari at museum; it just so happens Monday is free day for county residents :up:

we went to a Coach factory outlet store in Vegas. I got the most adorable black leather Coach purse for $68!!!!! It had 2 markdowns on it plus an additional 20%. I saved $155 off the regular price. :love:

i'm so tired. I had to drive the entire way today :madwife: I was lucky enough to talk my sister into driving for 2 hours on Friday night but she refused to drive today. :( It took almost an hour to get over Hoover Dam. I would have liked to have stopped to take some pics but it was way too busy plus it was raining a bit. Since Feb, I've learned that people from the desert do not understand how to drive in the rain. :tsk: Driving over the dam on Friday night in the dark was the single most frightening thing I've ever done. It was so creepy and I'll never do that again :no: I told my sister when we got home that I don't think I ever want to drive to Vegas again from Phoenix. It's a much nicer drive from LA.

The dog and cat are so cute. They missed us :love:

driving over Hoover Dam, um er, intimidating *weak frightened smile*, I can only imagine.
Good find on the Coach purse!

Well Off to the jury duty/museum ( :hyper: ) soon.

Museum free for residents on Mondays = good for the pocketbook but challenging when umpteen schools/camps/daycares use that day as field trip day :crack:. Wondering where some of the chaperones were................instead of looking at exhibits the children were playing hide and seek in the Rainforest section......:crack:
The butterfly section has a room where you can walk amongst different, beautiful butterflies..........it is a room I skip going into since my first inclination is to swat at things flying near me. I was in the next room and a woman walked up to another woman and said, "Pardon me, but did you know you have a butterfly on your butt?". Never ever thought I would hear those words strung together. The woman, yes swatted, and the beautiful blue butterfly flew into the corner of the room and then in what seemed to be a panic, repeatedly flew at people and towards the windows where it could see his friends all flying about. I hope he got put pback into his room with his friends.

Mom got chosen for a jury and then rejected by the lawyers. Tomorrow is day 2 and hopefully the last day. I will prolly head towards the mall and if I can find the free trolley head down towards the Art Museum.

Museum free for residents on Mondays = good for the pocketbook but challenging when umpteen schools/camps/daycares use that day as field trip day :crack:. Wondering where some of the chaperones were................instead of looking at exhibits the children were playing hide and seek in the Rainforest section......:crack:
The butterfly section has a room where you can walk amongst different, beautiful butterflies..........it is a room I skip going into since my first inclination is to swat at things flying near me. I was in the next room and a woman walked up to another woman and said, "Pardon me, but did you know you have a butterfly on your butt?". Never ever thought I would hear those words strung together. The woman, yes swatted, and the beautiful blue butterfly flew into the corner of the room and then in what seemed to be a panic, repeatedly flew at people and towards the windows where it could see his friends all flying about. I hope he got put pback into his room with his friends.

Mom got chosen for a jury and then rejected by the lawyers. Tomorrow is day 2 and hopefully the last day. I will prolly head towards the mall and if I can find the free trolley head down towards the Art Museum.

:yikes: about the butterfly.

how was jury duty day 2?

New Wednesday Tradition:
*Work
*Fresh Market
*Pilates
*Sushi from Fresh Market which is Actually Pretty Good

:nerd:

If only the work part wasn't there, and I could still afford Fresh Market, pilates, and sushi, life would be perfect!

:yikes: about the butterfly.

how was jury duty day 2?
Well mom didn't get chosen on day 2 and was in fact released around 11:30 in the morning. I was in the art museum :heart: I am still amazed that that piece of beautiful architecture is in my city
232323232%7Ffp43246%3Enu%3D3233%3E737%3E6%3A4%3E2324737795278ot1lsi

So relaxing to look out at this building and at the lake behind that.

:sad: I have to take my car in on Friday for a diagnostic test. It's $100 just for the test. :scream: My car also needs a flush and filter for the transmission. I've really been avoiding that one. That's $130 to do, which is actually about $50 cheaper than the quotes I got in Mpls. So right there Mr Visa, which I never ever use, is going to get $230 put on it. :scream: I'm scared to find out what's wrong with it and how much it will cost. Too many lights come on now that shouldn't be and my service advisor, Dad, said it's time to bring it in :( My dad has always been in charge of my cars so it's really hard now that I live away. He could probably take this into his shop and get it done for half the price. Certainly the test would be free. :sad: I have to drive my sister's new car ( :hyper: ) to work tomorrow because their truck is a Yukon, which is huge, and won't fit in the parking ramp at work. It might but I doubt it. I see a lot of huge trucks from guests outside in the regular parking lot, not the ramp. I can't park in the lot so I'll have to take the car while she drives the truck. :drool:

YouTube - Brise Soleil
Watch what the cool building does at 10 a.m. and at noon and then again when the museum closes :cool:
Thank you Santiago Calatrava :heart:
I finally bought a book about how the city and Santiago Calatrava and the builders worked together. They done good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom