Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I will be going out of town on Thursday (family reunion in Virginia and won't be back until July 26), I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Kelly a wonderful trip to Ireland. "Traveling with The Mouse" should take very good care of you. Looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing pictures. :hug:

:cute:

have fun at your reunion!

Since I will be going out of town on Thursday (family reunion in Virginia and won't be back until July 26), I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Kelly a wonderful trip to Ireland. "Traveling with The Mouse" should take very good care of you. Looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing pictures. :hug:

Have a fun time!

90 degrees and humid as hell ='s Merry Christmas!
My hour long meeting turned into 2 hours 20 minutes. I get my old Trim team back :yippie:.

so I must have really done something in the last few days at work that impressed my boss because not only did he finally give me a raise and a promotion but he also gave me 5 whole full days on the next schedule! :love: I've been lucky to at least get 4 the last few schedules while most people have gotten 3. Only a few select people have gotten 5 days but they're jobs are set things they do each and when they're done, they're done. Sometimes it's not a full 8 hours for them. I only had to endure the rotten 3 day schedule once. I'm very excited to have 5 days in one week so let's hope I get 4-5 on the next schedule so I can get close to a full paycheck again. That would be lovely :yes:

:crazy: I spent way too much money today. I decided there was no way in hell I could go another month with my hair so I went to the mall for a trim. While at the salon I decided to get a wax done too. I honestly can't tell the difference in my eyebrows. :madwife: I asked to thin them out a little more but she didn't do it how I wanted. I could tell by the way that it didn't hurt that she wasn't taking enough off. Usually I feel like my whole head is being ripped off. Oh well. I just wanted a touch up so then when I'm in MN next month ( :drool: ) I can go to my regular salons for both items.

I also had to buy the sickie some meds and food. I didn't have enough $ to pay rent this month :reject: so there's no way I'm asking her for the money back that I spent on her today. Especially since she told me it wasn't a big deal if I didn't have the money this month and next month.

I also bought a gift for my Vegas friend that is letting us stay this weekend. Plus a gift for someone in MN next month. I figured as long as I saw it I might as well get it today. So......Amanda spent way too much today and will probably have an expensive weekend. :help: That reminds me....it's Wed today and I forgot to buy a lottery ticket. :angry: I'll have to go back out again.

We had an pitch-in today with the personal auto underwriters, and one of the supervisory-esque ladies made a banana pudding that no one ate. At 3:30 she sent out an e-mail to the whole floor telling them that the banana pudding wasn't touched and everyone should go eat it. At 4:30 she went cubie to cubie to tell people how delicious her banana pudding was and that we should all go try some, and even went as far as describing all the yummy ingredients she put in her glorious banana pudding. I think she was a little jealous of people gushing over D's spinach dip, J's pasta salad, K's chocolate pie, and S dying of happiness every time he went back for another one of my brownies, which he proclaimed perfectly undercooked as I attempted to convince him that they didn't come from a box with a picture of a doughboy on it.

In the morning, a company that gives loads to truckers called to tell us that one of our insured's made off with a load of pickles. That set the tone of the day. We had fun.

oh yeah the sickie isn't so sick anymore. She's driving me nuts about finishing cleaning. :mad: And she's in the living room not, not her bed. :madwife: She has a friend coming over tomorrow night to meet the girls so this person can animalsit this weekend. So of course the house has to be spotless. If someone would clean up after themselves this wouldn't happen each time we have visitors. And no that someone is not me! :angry:

Have a great time at your reunion :)

well she made something with bananas in it so what does she expect? :yuck:

That was OUR argument! Hmm, chocolate or BANANA??? Let me think about that for like half a second...

I just discovered that while I can read pm's, I cannot actually write new one or reply to existing ones. :grumpy:

so we have this shelf thingy in the middle of our hallway. I was in the process of cleaning the bathroom by putting all of our counter stuff in the hallway when I discovered the shelf. Well of course I knew it was there but now the top of my head and the shelf have met. :scream: I hit my head so hard that I fell backwards onto the floor. Now my entire head is throbbing. I told my sister I think I needed to go to the emergency room. :coocoo: I don't think I've hit my head that hard since I was a little kiddie. : ouch:

We had an pitch-in today with the personal auto underwriters, and one of the supervisory-esque ladies made a banana pudding that no one ate. At 3:30 she sent out an e-mail to the whole floor telling them that the banana pudding wasn't touched and everyone should go eat it. At 4:30 she went cubie to cubie to tell people how delicious her banana pudding was and that we should all go try some, and even went as far as describing all the yummy ingredients she put in her glorious banana pudding. I think she was a little jealous of people gushing over D's spinach dip, J's pasta salad, K's chocolate pie, and S dying of happiness every time he went back for another one of my brownies, which he proclaimed perfectly undercooked as I attempted to convince him that they didn't come from a box with a picture of a doughboy on it.

In the morning, a company that gives loads to truckers called to tell us that one of our insured's made off with a load of pickles. That set the tone of the day. We had fun.
Gooey brownies? :hyper: sounds fun and :drool:...........
2 banana things I like, bread and popsicles

so we have this shelf thingy in the middle of our hallway. I was in the process of cleaning the bathroom by putting all of our counter stuff in the hallway when I discovered the shelf. Well of course I knew it was there but now the top of my head and the shelf have met. :scream: I hit my head so hard that I fell backwards onto the floor. Now my entire head is throbbing. I told my sister I think I needed to go to the emergency room. :coocoo: I don't think I've hit my head that hard since I was a little kiddie. : ouch:
*cringe* you ok? *sends painkiller of some sort and ice*

and now for the next installment of As The Favre Turns................
Favre Speaks; Will Petition NFL
Reports say the Packers have filed a grievance with the NFL against the Minnesota Vikings for tampering with the Brett Favre situation, Favre will petition the NFL for reinstatement, but not right away, while he says in his interview on Fox News that he's tempted to show up at Packers' camp. Meanwhile, he's still scheduled for a Packers Hall of Fame event . Maybe he and Ted Thompson could just get counseling.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

i find it interesting that the packers have actually filed tampering charges - should make the opening day game even more contentious
oh good heavens. So I am pretty certain the whole retiring of his jersey is off for now and prolly awhile.

Favre and Aaron Rodgers were at the taping of the ESPY Awards today..........that had to be fun :happy:

2 banana things I like, bread and popsicles

I hate bananas with a passion. Besides meat, I don't think there's a food on this earth that I just wish would go away and never return. I refuse to cook with them unless I have to. We do a ton of bananas foster events at work and it just amazes me how many people will stand in line for it. Also for the chocolate dipped frozen bananas. I just cringe when I have to be the "Chef" working these events when I know it's banana related. :barf:

Last week my Chef made some new dessert for our fine dining restaurant. He always has us gather round and try stuff for feedback. I didn't know was going to have bananas it in. I took a bite and spit it out in the garbage right in front of him :eek: :reject: He was like "that good huh!?!?!" I told him bananas are the devil and never to give me anything with bananas in again! He then made me try it again but had me pick out the banana in the center to give him feedback on the rest of it :| It was 2 different chocolate mousses with some sort of crunchy crap in it. It was ok but I couldn't get over the fact that I almost ate a banana. He told me I was nuts. True. /arw's banana rant :barf: :yuck:

I like fresh bananas--but they must be still on the slightly green side, with not even a speck of brown. But banana-flavored stuff = :yuck: Except maybe popsicles or Slurpees.

Finally all packed, and I'm going to bed. Thanks for the kinds words, y'all.

1. I have a lump on my head :(

2. I must do something evil today..........shop for an outfit for a wedding :barf: I'm going to Kohls. I found one that's kind of far away but I'm going. There isn't one around here and I haven't been to one since I moved. I'm not exactly a Kohls shopper but for some strange reason I can always find something there when I'm desperate. Macy's and the Gap have failed me this summer :sad: :( Even Gap outlet. :sad:

3. I have to pack for Vegas!!!!!!!! :hyper: Vegas has been the big countdown for the last month or so. After Vegas, the next big thing is going home :hyper: for 10 whole days :hyper: one of which will be at the MN State Fair :hyper: so I'm really looking forward to it being Aug 13 already :yes: :hyper:

oh vey....ok so I found 2 shirts and capri's at Kohls. One of the shirts is for the wedding. It's a casual garden wedding so I just bought a nice black shirt to go with a white skirt I already have. The other 2 items were things I didn't need but I do need. They're a little more on the dressy side vs my normal casual side. I can wear them this weekend and then when I go home. Most of my clothes are sloppy so I was a little worried about what I'd wear if we go someplace nice on Sat night. Plus I'm sure my parents will want to go out when I'm home so I just felt I needed to have at least a few nicer things. I just feel sooooooooooo guilty for spending money especially since I'm going away this weekend and I really shouldn't. I was at the store wandering around with my extra items forever before I talked myself into buying them. I'll be happy I have them when I need them but for now I want to cry that I spent money :sad:

we have an elliptical in the living room that all 3 of us just ignore. Currently it's holding the pool table triangle thingy. The only time it gets used is when the little boys are here. They seem to enjoy playing on or around it. So I decided today to give it a try. :yikes: I made it a whole 90 seconds before turning it off. That thing is weird. I have to get back on it though. Maybe later I'll try for an even 2 minutes :reject:

omg! Could they be this stupid?
PACKERS THINK THEY HAVE THE GOODS ON THE VIKES
Posted by Mike Florio on July 17, 2008, 5:32 p.m. EDT
A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers are confident that they have sufficient proof to show that the “Minneapolis” Vikings (thanks, Greta) tampered with quarterback Brett Favre.

Another source has laid out for us some of the facts that the investigation could (emphasis: could) reveal.

For starters, it has been reported that the Packers believe that phone records will reveal that Favre has had multiple conversations with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. But we’re hearing that the Packers might already have the phone records. Since the Packers wouldn’t have had access to the phone records of Bevell or any other Vikings employee, the logical conclusion is that Favre was using a cell phone that has been bought and paid for by the Packers — and that the Packers have full access to the documents reflecting all calls made and received.

And we’re hearing unconfirmed rumors that the list of calls made and received by Favre on his Packer-provided cell phone contained other numbers. And that one of the numbers (again, unconfirmed) could belong to phone belonging to Brad Childress, head coach of the Vikings.

Because Childress and Favre have no prior relationship, any discussions between the two of them would be suspicious, to say the least. Especially if the communications occurred after a multiple days of multiple discussions between Favre and Bevell.

Meanwhile, the Vikings have been eerily silent regarding the situation. And that could be because they fear that their nuts are in a vise on this one.
I :lol:'s at this comment made:
Brett Favre…. Double 004…. QB….. Jeans Spokesperson…. Secret Agent

The name is Favre, Brett Favre….

He’s singlehandedly debacled the Vikings season.

Someone on a Packer fan forum photoshopped Brett into a Vikes uniform............it would make your head explode. It did mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom