Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of a movie, I decided on a museum. We live really close to both the art museum and science museum. I called my sister to find out how to get to the art museum since there is major construction on the road it's located on. While talking, she suggested I not go to the science museum because it's small and dull and not at all like the one in St Paul that I adore. :( So off to the art museum I was going to go. I went to their website to find out how much tickets are only to see that they are closed on Mondays! :madwife: I should have known that from my years of going to the theater; most theaters and museums are closed on Mondays. :grumpy: Then I looked to see if the Imax theater was playing the Grand Canyon movie since we're talking about going to the real Grand Canyon next month. It says there are "no events" today....whatever that means. Usually I spend one day off with my sister and one day alone. But yesterday she and her boyfriend were car shopping, not something I wanted to join them in. Also, today is his birthday so my mom sent me to the mall to buy his gifts. So I already got my wandering around a mall day off out of my system. A day off alone wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't living in the desert where it's 100+ degrees outside, forcing me to do something inside. When I first got here, days off consisted of wandering around the botanical garden or going to one of the mountains. Can't do that anymore.

:reject:

so I decided on Narnia afterall. It was a lot better than the reviews gave it and for the most part, I wasn't lost on the storyline. There were a few :hmm: moments but all in all I really liked it. As of tomorrow, Netflix will be sending the 1st movie to me.

I have a cold thanks to my sister (she got it first, so I'm blaming her).

:hug:

I hate summer colds way more than winter colds. But I guess it doesn't matter for you with where you live. I always hated being sick when it's 80+ degrees out. It's better to snuggle in at home when it's freezing outside but I guess you have summer all the time.

They won't be able to come out to fix the air until Friday. The weird thing is that yesterday no air was coming out of the vents at all yesterday but today there is air and it seems like it's kind of working now. I think I'm going to go ahead and let them come out and look at it since we don't have to pay for it and the fact that it hasn't really worked like it should upstairs since we started using it this Spring. It's supposed to be cooler in the mid 70's day and upper 50's/low 60's at night so it will be good open window/fan weather.

I liked the first Narnia movie, but have not seen the second one yet. It will be something I rent from Netflix.
Hope the cold goes away quickly, kelly, Spring/Summer colds are the worst.

First day back from vacation and I am ready for my next.
Summary: Some paperwork not complete, boss, office, Trim floorplan discussion (again), make signs, talk to ASM about whole floorplan issue, he agrees that it is not my job.
Will wait to see what happens now.
I suggested he ask boss how he feels about floorplan and if there would/should be any changes...........so that seems to be the approach he will take. :sigh:

Schedules are a whole other issue that we are having fun with.

Saw the Narnia movie this past Saturday, and liked it a lot. But I think I liked the first one more. I got all weepy every time Aslan was on the scene. :lol:

We got "Cloverfield" from the library, and it was surprisingly good. I don't know why it was calledl that, though.

It took me forever to figure out who was the voice of Aslan, which is funny because I own just about every single movie with Liam Neeson until probably about the late 90's. Once he did Star Wars he just never was able to get back to the acting he used to do. :tsk:

Good Morning Randooomers :wave:

Where has June gone?

School is finished next week - what am I going to do with the mini fahs :help:

I am still working a ton of overtime - 3 overtime shifts on my 4 days off this week :sad:

I took the mini fahs to see Prince Caspian in the theatre. I thought it was better than the first Narnia movie.

Oh I know! June is just flying by! Too fast, slow down, please.............
Good Luck with the mini fahs ~ family vacation?
Are you still so short of help? Is is ever gonna get better.... Overtime is a forbidden word and *experience* where I work..........I miss it :(
I believe I am working on the 4th of July so at least that is time and a half :shrug: I will take it :)

I really have to change my location and description under my name now that it finally stopped raining
No idea what to change it too

Boss came out today with my requests off..............Irishfest weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)...........I think he is trying to get on my good side.
"You know Irishfest starts on Thursday, right?" It looks like I will be getting those days off.........until i see the schedule I won't believe it.

He also verified Aug 30.............I told him that is *stalking Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band day*.............Harleyfest and Bruce at the lakefront, outside...............loud concert and winds blowing correctly = free concert...............:shifty:

The only good thing about no overtime is that now that I have to clock in and out (which I'm thrilled about :rolleyes: ), when eight hours comes around I just say "bye" and leave - so far anyway.

The cold was short lived - I think it just wanted me to spend some $ on Nyquil and then it went away.

fah, do you still work in emergency dispatch (I don't know what they call "911" in Canada :reject: )

Boss came out today with my requests off..............Irishfest weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)...........I think he is trying to get on my good side.
"You know Irishfest starts on Thursday, right?" It looks like I will be getting those days off.........until i see the schedule I won't believe it.

He also verified Aug 30.............I told him that is *stalking Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band day*.............Harleyfest and Bruce at the lakefront, outside...............loud concert and winds blowing correctly = free concert...............:shifty:

I reiterate, I won't believe it until I see it about having those days off

Co-worker who is on vacation during the 4th of July got scheduled that week........... not only that week, but that day! A group of co-workers and myself were talking to boss this past Monday.............boss mentioned that everyone has asked off for the 4th of July and I piped up that I didn't and boss made a comment that I better count on working then.
Schedule comes out and I am not scheduled on the 4th.........I don't know whether to :| , :lol: , or :some other emotion:. I told co-worker that I would work on the 4th all day .....................

The other funny (i.e. sad) thing is a co-worker who got no hours on the next schedule has NO HOURS on this new schedule...............................she is a part time regular guaranteed 20 hours.............unfreakin' real :lol: When she confronted him on Monday about this, he said he noticed the problem and thought it was odd..............she followed up with"and you thought I wouldn't notice or say anything?"
It is one of those days where I can laugh instead of cry...

Got home in time to see the end of Tim Russerts Memorial Service.
Cried. Mr. Russerts brother in law is quite talented on the guitar
When the Boss came on, I lost it
The double rainbow at the end of the service was comforting

I'm soooooooooooo pissed right now. The resort is DEAD this weekend. Completely dead so now I'm on a 3 1/2 day weekend. Only 1 1/2 days of that is unpaid. I have PTO to cover it but I'm planning a 10 day visit home in August so I wanted to save it. I'll barely have enough accumulated by then. I can borrow against it if I have to but I'd rather not. So now not only am I not getting the OT I was getting used to in the past few months but now I'm going to be under hours for the 2nd paycheck in a row. :angry: I guess it really is 2nd job time now. I'll spend the day tomorrow job hunting. Everyone at work is pissed because we were told 40 hours each week all summer long but now I guess it's going to be a little quieter though the end of this month than they thought. :mad:

My weekend was in the middle of this work week so I only worked 3 days in between weekends. :weird:

On the other hand.......I'm tired and could use a break. The hot weather is a little harder on my system than I thought it would be so I'm worn out.

Nap time.........

The only good thing about no overtime is that now that I have to clock in and out (which I'm thrilled about :rolleyes: ), when eight hours comes around I just say "bye" and leave - so far anyway.

The cold was short lived - I think it just wanted me to spend some $ on Nyquil and then it went away.

fah, do you still work in emergency dispatch (I don't know what they call "911" in Canada :reject: )

Yes, I still have the same job :)

Last month my employer congratulated me (and other full timers) on 20 years of full-time employment and gave me a $100 gift certificate for the restaurant of my choice :hyper:

I love the job but still hate being short staffed. We have 2 full time positions available and a year maternity leave position available ~ any takers :wink:

And in Canada they call 911, 911 :D

Two week holiday coming up in July :hyper: We are going to Oregon for 5 days, and then head back up to Vancouver Island for 8 days.

The recent personal highlight in my life is that I have discovered a new beer that I love - Brahma :drool:

I love the job but still hate being short staffed. We have 2 full time positions available and a year maternity leave position available ~ any takers :wink:

Well, now that you mention it, one of our city's possible solutions to the budget problem is to get rid of our 911 call center and let the county take it over :reject:

I don't think any of them can go to Canada though.

At least I know if I ever go to Canada and have an emergency, I know what to do now :)

Les Paul is in town and has a concert tomorrow night...................I want to go :scream: !!!!!! If only these things didn't cost $$$$$$$$.

Off today :D

Last month my employer congratulated me (and other full timers) on 20 years of full-time employment and gave me a $100 gift certificate for the restaurant of my choice :hyper:

Two week holiday coming up in July :hyper: We are going to Oregon for 5 days, and then head back up to Vancouver Island for 8 days.

The recent personal highlight in my life is that I have discovered a new beer that I love - Brahma :drool:

:applaud: on the lenth of service award...............I should be getting $150 gift card soon :love:

:hmm: moving to Canada for full time position :hmm:

Lily and I just cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom. I have a headache from inhaling everything and now she's hiding under the bed.

My sister's work does "take your dog to work" Fridays. Each person with a dog takes a turn brining their doggie in. It's Roxy's day today! :cute: It's so weird being here without her. I miss her but she's having a good day, from the pic my sister sent. I'll post it in a bit.

congrats on 20 years!

Tomorrow is my four month anniversary at my job.....I have a loooooooong way to go to make your accomplishment! :der:

it's blurry but here's our goofy dog at work sitting on her snoozy with her piggy.......

06-20-08_0950.jpg

:up:

:hmm: we lack competent dispatchers at my work, can we just import you?

So they came and fixed the air conditioning this morning and I finally have a decent amount of air cooling down the room up here. My mom however insists that there is something wrong with it in the basement and that the basement is too cool and is usually warmer. I've tried to explain that it's probably going to be cooler since the air is working properly and that it's always cool to start with. She claims that it's been warm down there all the time. We've spent the last 20 minutes arguing about it and I've finally told her fine she can deal with it all this time around.

With that venting over I would like to document that no matter if I'm 100% sure that I'm right about something I'm just going to let my mom believe whatever she wants. She's becoming very forgetful and is so stubborn in her thoughts that it makes me want to scream sometimes. There is an argument everyday.

Sorry to vent but I needed to get my frustration out and dealing with all this makes my life a bit more difficult than in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom