Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya know, I would like to go on a roadtrip with my friendto see a local band that we both enjoy lots without having to take ponchos, a change of clothing, a weather alert radio, a flashlight, extra batteries etc.......I just want to take me. I was ok with going until the breaking news mentioned above...........now I am just kind of freaking out. Is it possible to have a touch of something close to PTSD? Just have to wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Oh yeah, gotta take the little teeny tiny tv/radio combo..................we used that last year to watch out for the severe weather and could see a radar of the area on the drive up and back.
Maybe it would be a good idea for the Oshkosh people to change the name of the event from Waterfest to something with a sunny, dry suggestion :hmm:

So the choices are go in the basement and possibly drown, or get to high ground and possibly be blow away to your death/struck by lightning?

Nice.

Oh BTW, they have changed that tonight. They have gone house to house and told the people that haven't evacuated, that they would come tell them or call them if something happens.
They finally saw the :coocoo: of their idea ( :applaud: )

ya know, I would like to go on a roadtrip with my friendto see a local band that we both enjoy lots without having to take ponchos, a change of clothing, a weather alert radio, a flashlight, extra batteries etc.......I just want to take me. I was ok with going until the breaking news mentioned above...........now I am just kind of freaking out. Is it possible to have a touch of something close to PTSD? :hmm:

The guys on the radio were just discussing the same thing! I guess it is possible, :hug: weather basketcases :hug:

e-mailed venue and they have only canceled 1 show in ten years so it looks like we will be heading up. Asked how they notify people in case of changes or cancellations and was told to tune to internet radio station sponsoring event *tuned to it now*

Have fun at your Pearl Jam concert, Kelly! Two words for how to deal with KOL, ear plugs ;)

e-mailed venue and they have only canceled 1 show in ten years so it looks like we will be heading up. Asked how they notify people in case of changes or cancellations and was told to tune to internet radio station sponsoring event *tuned to it now*

Have fun at your Pearl Jam concert, Kelly! Two words for how to deal with KOL, ear plugs ;)

I agree! They opened for U2 in Chicago 5/9/05, and we were right behind the stage. They hurt us bad!!! :ohmy:

Was at the 5/7 show and seats were upper level and right next to stage..........it still hurt *re-lives horrible flashback* :crack:

Still not completely sure we are going. Storms cover the road between Madison and Milwaukee, which is how J would get here. For added fun a tornado watch is in effect until 8....................where we would be going there is rain and some thunder but no sever storms (yet ?)

just sent "white flag" text to J. Told her to just stay home...............
The best part is that Oshkosh isn't in the tornado watch box...........So where we would be heading, it isn't as bad. Oh well.
Tornado sirens went off again *barf* want this weather to be gone! More coming this way :sigh: I hate the word rotation. Now it sounds like J is going thru it where she lives.
On a lighter note, now Johnny Depp has experienced a tornado warning cuz it went right over downtown where they are filming.......welcome to my world, Johnny.

J just called, she wants to go yet.....................so do I but my nervous nellie stage is kicking in :crack:

ok, I just canceled on J. Now it is moving into the area we would travel thru..........just too risky.
I hope she doesn't hate me for doing that.
Mother Nature :madwife:

Official announcement: Waterfest canceled for the night.........only the second time in its 10 year history

Sorry your show got cancelled, but it sounded dangerous, so I hope you're okay :hug:

Pearl Jam were great and I had a really fun time :) Kerry said she had fun too. She lasted about 2.5 songs with KOL and thought they were more boring than painful :lol: We were on the club level, so we just went and sat at a table outside until they were over.

Thanks kelly :) Glad your show was good (and that you both survived KOL)

June 28th at Summerfest is the next goal (apparently a lot of other peoples goal too, since this got canceled, but the more the merrier).

When I told my father that Tim Russert died he looked at me, cocked his head and said, "you mean Big Russ". I said "no I don't", very quietly and he turned his head slowly away from me and tried to take it in. Sunday ritual for my father is church and then Meet The Press.
I cannot imagine being the person to tell his wife and son this news over the phone
and I most certainly cannot imagine having to tell Big Russ
:sad:
I had so much respect for him.

I am just floored about Tim Russert

Me too. I'm totally speechless right now. I just got home from work about 10 minutes ago and opened up yahoo and gasped so loud when I saw the headline. I'm just in such disbelief right now. I'm watching MSNBC now and just want to cry.

I will miss him so much, especially this November. It just will not be the same without him.........

I'm just in such disbelief right now. I'm watching MSNBC now and just want to cry.

I will miss him so much, especially this November. It just will not be the same without him.........

I am crying on and off.

I am just floored about Tim Russert

I couldn't believe it when I turned on the radio and the DJ said that he was a little late giving the lounge tip due to hearing about Tim's passing. I was like "did I hear that right?". I had gotten into the habit of turning on Meet The Press when I would be getting ready on Sunday to go to Job 2. It's going to be odd not seeing his white boards during the election. From what everyone has been saying about him he must have been a really great guy.

So I've been spending my free time this week getting together a bunch of stuff to contribute to a yard sale tomorrow. I think I'm ready except I can't decide if I should take nickels for change since the lowest price I have on something at the moment is .25. :hmm:

went to the Diamondbacks game tonight. :yawn: They got their asses kicked. :tsk: The Twins, however, pulled one off in the 12th. I spent more time watching the scoreboard for that game than I did for the D-backs. It was fun going to a different stadium but the game was a snoozer.

it's currently 110 degrees out right now but according to yahoo weather it feels like it's "only" 103. :|

The doggie has a groomer appointment in 30 minutes and no one else is home so it looks like I'll get to be the one to take her. It's going to be a real treat trying to get her to go into the place once she realizes where we are. :happy: She's fine once she's in the room and then happy as can be, prancing around like she owns the place (because she knows how pretty she looks :cute: ), once she's done, but I've heard horror stories from my roommates about how uncooperative she can be once we're in the building. :help:

The Twins, however, pulled one off in the 12th.

yes, they did :der:
Avoided the sweep today, though.

It is stunningly gorgeous here, right now. 79, non-humid, sunny (not a cloud in the sky). :heart:

I have MSNBC on in the background (I have actually had it on the whole weekend; to watch anything but Tim Russert seems wrong) while I clean.
I have gone thru a lot of kleenex.................

I bought Big Russ & Me from itunes and put it on the ipod to listen to at work ~Tim does the reading. I am not ready to not hear that voice anymore :(

:love: my sister got home just as Roxy and I were about to leave so thankfully, I didn't have to take her alone. She fell to the ground and wouldn't move the 2nd we got to her groomers room. But now she looks pretty and has a cute little bandana around her neck :cute: :drool: Both the girls got new treats too.

I'm watching an encore presentation of Meet the Press from last Sunday. It's still so weird. I watched a bit of today's show online but I had to turn it off to leave with Roxy so I'll go back later.

And.....:uhoh: I forgot the Twins played WI last night :flirt:

Our air conditioning went out today and it feels like a sauna in my room. For once it was actually enjoyable to do laundry in the basement since it's way cooler down there. So now I have to add contacting the landlord to have someone come out to look at it into the long list of things I have to get done in 2 hours tomorrow morning which includes a doctor's appt. so it's basically and hour for all the other errands.

it's currently 110 degrees out right now but according to yahoo weather it feels like it's "only" 103. :|

QUOTE]

That's what it feels like with the air not working. I have the windows open and a fan on right now so it's not so stuffy but we're supposed to get some storms tonight and the rain always hits the large window so I'll have to shut at least one of them.

so I was going to do the movie thing alone today except there's nothing appealing out right now. I've seen Sex and the City. The only other one I thought I'd like is Indiana Jones but my sister's boyfriend already :shifty: has a copy so that leaves me with horror or children's movies. There's What Happens in Vegas, which a few coworkers saw and enjoyed, but that's not playing at a theater near me or at a time I'd want to see it. The only option I have is Narnia #2 but I haven't seen #1. I swear I read one of the books for a children's lit class in college because the storyline of 4 London kids and magic animals feels like something I had to read and write about. There's not a whole lot out right now that seems worth spending money on. What happen to the days when tons of movies were out for the summer? I felt like this last summer too. So now I have nothing to do today :angry:

Sorry 'bout the broken AC. Haven't used any so far this year, fans yes, air conditioning no.

Back to work today. Vacation went so fast. A month until the next one :up:, not that I am counting down or anything :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom