Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
To say the least, in my neck of the woods, anyway. My parents flew in Friday night. Their plane landed at 10:07 pm. The tornado hit the east side of town at 10:30 pm, while we were slooowwwlllyyy driving in torrential rain and straight-line winds on the west side. I credit windshield washer fluid with Rain-X for getting us home safe.

:crack:

Tornado ravages Northeastside | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

:yikes:

I almost didn't leave Minneapolis on time yesterday due to the weather. It was sunny and perfectly clear when I got to the airport and an hour later they were making announcements that flights could possibly be delayed. It got pitch black out and then poured buckets for a good 20 minutes and then it was light and sunny again. :heart: Spring weather :heart:

:yippie:

the laptop is finally fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

however :|

we have to call the phone co tomorrow and have them send a wireless connection setup cd because they can't find the original. So.......I have to be plugged into the modem which is located in their little office area attached to the bedroom. so i'm still stuck coming back here. Almost there........

I started working at 6 am again today :sad: I need to be positive about it because if I want to get a 2nd job, which I really should do for right now, working my main job in the mornings gives me more options. But I really miss my night shift and the work. The work is so different from the day. I did get switched to yet another are of the shop, which is a new area, because the main person is leaving. That will now be my dept to maintain so I am looking forward to that challenge but I don't feel like I learned how to do enough stuff at night to prove myself. My Chef told me today he feels I'm holding back and haven't shown him what I really have. Agreed. No one will let me do any of the hard stuff other than the night crew. :yawn: I hate getting up before 10 am. :(

To say the least, in my neck of the woods, anyway. My parents flew in Friday night. Their plane landed at 10:07 pm. The tornado hit the east side of town at 10:30 pm, while we were slooowwwlllyyy driving in torrential rain and straight-line winds on the west side. I credit windshield washer fluid with Rain-X for getting us home safe.

Schmeg! I was thinking of you guys Friday evening and wondered if you were affected. We just got heavy rain, wind, thunder, and lightning up here! Glad you're okay!

I started working at 6 am again today :sad: I need to be positive about it because if I want to get a 2nd job, which I really should do for right now, working my main job in the mornings gives me more options. But I really miss my night shift and the work. The work is so different from the day. I did get switched to yet another are of the shop, which is a new area, because the main person is leaving. That will now be my dept to maintain so I am looking forward to that challenge but I don't feel like I learned how to do enough stuff at night to prove myself. My Chef told me today he feels I'm holding back and haven't shown him what I really have. Agreed. No one will let me do any of the hard stuff other than the night crew. :yawn: I hate getting up before 10 am. :(

Starting work at 6:00 a.m. is brutal! I hope it all works out. :hug:

H
O
L
Y

C
R
A
P
!
!
!
!

I thought about you guys, too when the weather channel mentioned the airport and the Indy area being hit by storms.........
Glad ya'll are ok :hug:

What a greeting from Mother Nature for your parents.

Congratulations on the new responsibility! Show 'em your stuff ~ you go girl :)

I bought a weather alert radio and ever since the severe weather has missed us or has fallen apart before it gets to us..............Me likey :up:

We are supposed to get 1 to 2 inches of rain tomorrow.

my hairdryer just stopped working.............um, only half of my hair is dry :der:
*hoping that it just overheated and will come back on after it cools down*

I

R
E
I
T
E
R
A
T
E

W
H
A
T

W
A
S

S
A
I
D

A
B
O
V
E

A
B
O
U
T

W
E
A
T
H
E
R

The above is my first attempt at vertical typing.

I have sick mini fahs :(

My house does not smell good :(

nice job with the vertical typing :up:
Sorry about the sick mini fahs, not exactly a spring fresh smell?
I have to get ready for work and don't want to :sigh:.......I haven't felt this was in a long time. Maybe forever, this is different. I have never worked for someone I didnt' like, respect and trust.............this one has all three of those qualities

I bought a weather alert radio and ever since the severe weather has missed us or has fallen apart before it gets to us..............Me likey :up:

We are supposed to get 1 to 2 inches of rain tomorrow.

I'm going to get one of those if they are so effective! WE had MORE severe thunderstorms last night, and more are planned for tonight! :happy: I have enjoyed being awake since 2:30 am, really!

speaking of weather........it's close to 100 degrees outside with creepy blowing winds. Being outside right now is like standing in front of a heater that you can't turn off. :barf:

My sister hasn't called the phone co for a wireless cd for the fixed laptop :happy: So I'm still stuck with my limited computer schedule. The boyfriend hasn't gone back to work yet from his vacation. Once he does, this room will be free all night long. But for now.......

I had to work in breads today and will have to do that again tomorrow. :madwife: My Chef supposedly hired someone to work in breads that will start soon. I hope so because I can't stand the idea of having to be pulled over there on a regular basis.

I think that's all I have............

I had 1 class in college with Lamar Odom, who is playing in Game 1 of the NBA Finals tonight. Literally, ONE class. He showed up for the first day of Spring '98 Philosophy 101...and that was it.

^ :lol:

Dedicated student, huh?

At first I thought you were talking about the one guy that looks 40 but is really 20 (something like that), but then I realized he was in college not too long ago and is injured this season.

eta: Greg Oden, that's his name :reject:

I get them mixed up, too, but I have only actually spent 50 minutes in the same room as one. :reject:

Actually, I think he was late, so it wasn't even 50 minutes...

OMG I have sooooooooo much to do AND be up well before the crackass of dawn. :crack: There's still a load and a half of laundry to dry, a suitcase to pack full of the wet and/or drying laundry...I should have done laundry yesterday. This four-day week thing makes Friday come REALLY fast.

BUT...eventually I will sleep, then work for 10 hours, then fly east, and I get to hang out in RI for almost THREE days! :yippie:

So did you sleep or were you too excited? Enjoy RI............say hey to the Ghosthunters if you see them :p
Have a really good time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom