Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I don't have a problem sleeping.
I had a lot of health issues with my Mom/Dad, mainly last month, and there were a couple of nights I couldn't turn my brain off :sigh:

We have extra tix for a concert tomorrow, and don't know if we have anyone to sell them to :( Damn the economy!!! :angry:

shari schultz said:

you are not a major loser. I am just self-absorbed these days.

I have been in my own meltdown and it culminated last night when a Asst. Store Mngr. I like and respect came up and started talking. I pretty much let him know how unhappy I was with "stuff" and by the end I had tears coming to my eyes and had to walk away from him.

I went for a walk this morning to try to clear my head a little bit. Did you ever just have someone you automatically have bad feelings about? I am a good judge of character. I am not the only person in the store to have these feelings. I know of many others. This person walked towards me yesterday and I back away
I just keep telling myself that at least I have a job and it has pretty good benefits for it........trying to look at a bright side. / therapy session :sigh:

Have a good time on your Joshua Tree trip :drool:

:hug: my issues are because I'm :coocoo: not because I have issues at work. I hope it gets better at work for you.

The past week and a half has been a pain in the tush. I am so ready for it to be over and have an evening out tomorrow night. I'm sure all chaos will break loose on Sunday afternoon when we have to deal with the washer and dryer that I'm buying.

The most annoying thing about the week though is that I have been to Target 3 seperate times this week and each time I get home only to realize that the 1 thing that I really need to get is the thing that I have forgotten. Last night I went to that part of the store thinking I needed something but then was like....hmm no I don't need anything here. :mad: I must also say that having a Target minutes from my house now is a very dangerous thing.

*wonders how wet it is in Boston at Fenwayand how wet certain people are
~ Uecker just announced postponement............double header Saturday.

Enjoyed teasing co-worker about being a jinx when she goes to Brewer games. She went to 2 FLA games when she was on vacation and they lost. She had tickets for the 3rd game but didn't go........they won. The other night she went to the game and they lost and now Miller Park is cursed from her presence as they lost yesterday too.

So I survived the week. Off tomorrow and Sunday.
It is Pancake and Syrup custard day at Kopps tomorrow :drool:
Going to go lay down and watch Sopranos.........migraine combined with tingly/numby toes, foot and ankle/lower leg at times= early night.

:crazy: back from Joshua Tree. It was just about 5 hours each way. I drove the entire time. Roxy got a little overheated midway through the park so she wasn't too happy. My sister said Roxy never eats, drinks, or pees on road trips. We put an entire bottle of water in her bowl and she drank it all in one sitting so we had to buy more. Poor thing was panting so bad. She perked up on the way home and is currently running around the house so all is well.........Joshua Tree was beautiful, as always. I've always wanted to climb Skull Rock, so I did...in flip flops. :eek: I think my favorite part of the trip was getting out of the car for the first time and realizing that it was completely silent. There wasn't a single person or car anywhere in sight. My sister's first words were "oh my god, I'm scared........" :| I love it there. Hopefully it won't take me 2 years and 2 months to get back again.

^pictures? Climbing in flip flops :crack:

I am gonna go out on a limb and predict a

anim_broom.gif

of the Brewers by the Red Sox

:|

no pics tonight. My sister's boyfriend took his laptop. Their ancient computer I'm using now doesn't recognize the card reader so........pics later this week. I knew I should have just uploaded them last night. :(

I will take pics whenever I can get them :)

:sigh: the weekend went to fast. Today is a 4 hour (yes, 4 hours) day for markdowns :crack:
I get out at noon but am staying at the mall to pick up another part of mom's birthday gift til 1............I suppose I should actually begin getting ready.

full moon :crack:
Gonna go hide under covers.
Sunny and 78 predicted here Memorial Day.
Once Mother Nature finds out I am off I am sure that things will change.

shari schultz said:
^pictures? Climbing in flip flops :crack:

I am gonna go out on a limb and predict a

anim_broom.gif

of the Brewers by the Red Sox

:|

:D

:evil:

We were there on Sunday, and the Sox were going straight through the Brewers' bullpen early. Gange was in the dugout for most of the game, and then they walked him across the field to the bullpen between the sixth and the seventh, I think. There was *ahem* a smattering of boos. Before long a cheer of "We want Gagne" *clap clap clapclapclap* echoed through the *ahem* friendly confines of Fenway Park. They kept showing what pitchers were available, and most people in our section agreed that they'd call someone up from Nashville or yell, "Hey, you with the pretzels!" before they put him in. Alas, after a rousing rendition of Sweet Caroline melted into Wild Thing and Jonathan Papelbon jogged out to the mound, the next three batters and the series was put to rest, and I got to sing along with Dirty Water in Fenway. The one thing that would have made the game better would have been Gange going out there.

Kariann said:
Is it possible to be in love with a new washer and dryer? Ours has been dead for awhile so it's so nice to have another one.

I truly believe it is, as my washer sucks so much I would probably want to hug any new one that took its place.

Schmeg said:

:D

:evil:

We were there on Sunday, and the Sox were going straight through the Brewers' bullpen early. Gange was in the dugout for most of the game, and then they walked him across the field to the bullpen between the sixth and the seventh, I think. There was *ahem* a smattering of boos. Before long a cheer of "We want Gagne" *clap clap clapclapclap* echoed through the *ahem* friendly confines of Fenway Park. They kept showing what pitchers were available, and most people in our section agreed that they'd call someone up from Nashville or yell, "Hey, you with the pretzels!" before they put him in. Alas, after a rousing rendition of Sweet Caroline melted into Wild Thing and Jonathan Papelbon jogged out to the mound, the next three batters and the series was put to rest, and I got to sing along with Dirty Water in Fenway. The one thing that would have made the game better would have been Gange going out there.

Sorry no Gagne. Only a smattering of boos, *ahem* huh? ;)
I think the guy with the pretzels may have been an improvement if they had called on him.

Yes it is possible to be in love with a washer and dryer :yes:

1. Co-worker on a power trip :censored: ; if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. This motto may or may not last. I am betting not, the buffer-zone is gone.

2. J's brother visited me at work. I hadn't seen him in like forever. I feel old. It was nice to see him, though.

3. The broken leg gods are haunting the store and I am cowering. One gal did her ankle in (as she was getting ready for vacation) and a guy did his fibula in and it is painful to watch him walk. Just in a splint, as the other brace was not supportive enough, and very swollen, for goodness sakes ice and elevate and maybe walk with one crutch. It was very uncomfy watching him walk.
I am just shaking in my boots, er tennies, and being very careful. PTSD? Yep, I got it, 2 years later.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
1. Co-worker on a power trip :censored: ; if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. This motto may or may not last. I am betting not, the buffer-zone is gone.

2. J's brother visited me at work. I hadn't seen him in like forever. I feel old. It was nice to see him, though.

3. The broken leg gods are haunting the store and I am cowering. One gal did her ankle in (as she was getting ready for vacation) and a guy did his fibula in and it is painful to watch him walk. Just in a splint, as the other brace was not supportive enough, and very swollen, for goodness sakes ice and elevate and maybe walk with one crutch. It was very uncomfy watching him walk.
I am just shaking in my boots, er tennies, and being very careful. PTSD? Yep, I got it, 2 years later.

1. Coworkers on power trips suck, and can make the day long and difficult.

2. Cool! But not feeling old.

3. BE CAREFUL!!! You've aleady met the broken leg gods...maybe you have immunity.

4. Yes, a smattering of boos, mostly because everyone was in shock that Jocoby Ellsbury got caught stealing for the first time since he was, like, born.

5. I think I would be a better choice than Gagne at this point because I can't actually throw the ball all the way to home plate so no one would hit any of my pitches...unlike him, who likes to throw the ball all the way to home plate in a nice, hitter-friendly zone.

You know, I didn't really believe in InternetSpeak until I just found some links for skating groups on Facebook...
ahha ok so my arena is right across from our grocerystore so0 after skating my mom will make me run in for like milk and eggs or w.e right and one of the ladies i work with comes up to me and there liek are you trying to be a hooker and i was like umm noo! ahha i wear this to skating!
well i was at the rink when this happened.
but i live where amish people KINDA are. its not too hick like.
but i was at the rink and a huge amish group was there and i was going for practice after they were done with thier 'felid trip' and they all stared at me and my short skirt.
amish people are really conservitive. i bet a lot was going through thier minds. haha
:lol: Where they KINDA are?

Sorry, I have not slept well this week.

:sad: :scream: I haven't been online for 48 hours :crack:

The laptop is back and works fine......other than they locked something so now the internet doesn't work. My sister and I have both been on the tech support phone and they don't know what the error message that we have means :| The computer says it's connected when plugged directly into the modem. It also recognizes the wireless connections. Yet when we click on the internet it says it can't show the page :blahblah: The internet worked just fine last week; it was the screen that broke. So someone somewhere did something to it other than just fix the broken screen because the whole thing is acting funny. I have to take it to Staples tomorrow. :crack:

The boyfriend was home, and passed out, all day and night yesterday and this morning so I wasn't able to get into their room to use the computer. It sucked ass :mad:

I'm $500 away from my Mac laptop. :help: I can't wait to have my own computer again.....and something a little more reliable. The laptop isn't even a year old and it's the 2nd time my sister has had to send it in.

:drool: next week at this time I will be at home in MN using my ancient computer and sleeping in my own bed. I'll be home for 4 whole days this time. I cannot wait! On Wed I have an appt to get my hair done. Since it's by one of my favorite lakes, I'm going to swing by there to wander around. The rest of the week is up in the air other than I really want to go to all of my lakes and spend some time with my grandpa and great aunt. I don't even think I'm going to let my friends know I'm in town, other than 1 friend that has a birthday. I just need to be at the lake or at home for a few days and relax........

:grumpy:

I just sent an email to 4 of my former coworkers from rotten job #1. Two of them escaped the same time I did and now happily work for a competitor. I know the name of a supervisor that started right after I quit. I just received an out of office auto response from this guy. So that means someone recently quit out of the other 2 that still work for the company because ex-employee emails always get routed to the supervisor for a few months after. :hmm: I wonder which one quit and why. I just saw them both in Feb right before I left. I emailed a few other people that I know are still there to find out the scoop on who left. I still get updated on office drama, over 1 year later, so I'm surprised I didn't hear about this one. Damn. :mad: Due to my lovely internet situation I won't be able to communicate with anyone. I can read my email on my cell phone but it's too much of a pain in the ass to type of an email.....especially one so important as office gossip! I won't be able to respond to anyone until I get home from work tomorrow night, which would be after midnight MN time.

:crack: I took 4 days off next week to go home. The way our schedule works, it will be 2 "weekends" back to back so I won't lose any hours. However, I wanted to leave the day before so I requested to work the am shift instead of my usual pm shift. So today my Chef tells me he's going to give it to me off and I can use PTO time. I tell him I don't have any PTO yet but he's convinced I do because this week is my 3 month anniversary :)yikes: :crazy: ) Later on he tells me he checked with HR and I'll have PTO soon but I can borrow from that time and pay it back later. So he gets me all set up to have the day off and then he did the schedule for another team and realized they're short staffed on that very day he just gave me off. So.....next Tuesday I have to get my lazy ass up at 4:30 AM :happy: and work in the warm, suffocating breads kitchen for 8 hours with the lead baker. He's a trip so it won't be too bad but it'll just be the 2 of us so I'll have to do all the crap work :barf: Fun stuff.

In other fun and excited work news....my sister stopped by the resort today to drop something off that I had forgotten at home. I gave her a tour of the resort and she met my Chef....who is quite the character. He's a riot. It's been a long time since I've had a nice boss. He was sooooooo excited to have a visitor. He showed her around and used a lot of technical terms that she had no clue what he meant. It was a fun time. So now she'll have a visual to my countless Chef stories I tell her and she'll understand why I talk funny when I talk about him. He's from Germany or Austria or someplace like that.

I took the laptop to Staples today and spoke with the store manager about the computer. At first I got the 16 year old boy who barely knew how to open my computer up but thankfully the manager was there to help. He told me that if the HP tech support didn't know what our error messages meant then he was really hesitant to do a $50 diagnostic test on it because there would be no guarantee he could fix it. So instead he talked me into paying $60 to back up all our files and then clear the entire computer to start over. HP is sending us a recovery cd. I feel like my sister just wasted $60. All she really wanted backed up was iTunes. I still am really confused on how to do that even though I've read the apple website countless times. I don't know why they made it so difficult. Anyways......so she probably doesn't even have $60 worth of music purchased from itunes. It was a complete impulse phone call for both of us but I've thought about it all day and I really don't think I needed to leave it with them. But it's her computer and her money and it really needs to be fixed because our current internet situation is driving me mad. I can't stand that I cannot get online until 11 PM and only on days where the bf is at work. It should be back home tomorrow and hopefully the cd from HP will be here before we all go on our vacations next week. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom