Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shari schultz said:
I don't like drama at work.
3 salaried positions bumped down to hourly today
1 manager position eliminated (happy I never took the job, otherwise I would be unemployed as of the 17th)
re-alignment of other mngrs coming up ~Friday announcement
Happy, happy, joy, joy :crack:

Plus at JC Penney's associates were picketing and hanging signs on the signs at the mall entrances that read something about corporate greed................what the hell happened at Penney's

At the staff meeting yesterday, we were told that next year was going to be baaaaaad budget wise.

Things that are on the table as possibilites (besides the "no overtime" thing already in effect):

- hiring freeze
- no raises
- discontinuing the city's dispatch center and having the county handle all of our 911 calls

Good times :|

^also not fun.

I have sent out e-mails to co-workers (not on a regular schedule) this morning to keep them updated. When my company was bought by the other company, they bit off more than they could chew. Our customers even have said it..........they have noticed the changes.

The "good times" are why as much as I want to go somewhere for a vacation, I don't think I will. I just feel like I shouldn't be spending money. I am not exactly helping the economy.......my rebate check will go into the bank.

It has the potential for being a very unexpensive/boring summer. Really all I am truly planning on doing is 1 Bodeans concert (cheap, $10) and Irish Fest. Fun.

shari schultz said:

It has the potential for being a very unexpensive/boring summer. Really all I am truly planning on doing is 1 Bodeans concert (cheap, $10) and Irish Fest. Fun.

I have a wedding to go to on Aug 16. That means I'm going to miss my Irish fair by a week. Plus.......Gaelic Storm is NOT playing the MN fair this year :huh: So I think I may try to talk one of my friends into driving to Milwaukee for the concert on the 17th. :yes:

kellyahern said:

At the staff meeting yesterday, we were told that next year was going to be baaaaaad budget wise.

Things that are on the table as possibilites (besides the "no overtime" thing already in effect):

- hiring freeze
- no raises
- discontinuing the city's dispatch center and having the county handle all of our 911 calls

Good times :|

I am an underwriter for a trucker's insurance company. We are having a fuel crisis, it costs $1200 to fill a diesel tank so truckers are abandoning their rigs and not paying their bills, and I have been there the least amount of time, and my supervisor and the senior underwriter who have 12+ years of experience are both worried about their jobs. :happy: I finally find a friggin' job I enjoy with great people out here, and I'll be lucky if diesel stays under $5 a gallon!

On the good side, we're going to try a flex time schedule for the summer...

Also:
Gorgonzola cheese is the greatest thing ever invented. :drool:

arw, Gaelic Storm isn't playing your Irishfest? Odd. I asked off for the Irishfest weekend today:up:. Am hoping I get Friday, Saturday and Sunday.........with all the changes coming up nothing is being promised...........I will at least be going on the 16th........You would love the Milwaukee Irish Fest :hyper:

schmeg, I saw a news report about the truckers and the cost of diesel :yikes:. Yeah, you will be lucky if diesel stays under $5. I think I saw a sign here that read $4.35 for diesel.
Oh, and Gouda cheese is the greatest cheese ever invented :drool::wink:

Flipped on the tv and caught the Brewer vs Cub replay on WGN.
I saw Yovani Gallardo jump and land and his knee went..............off in a odd direction. I audibly yelped and grabbed my knee. Sympathy pains. Holy crap how did he not injure it????!! It was similar to what my knee did.
Gagne actually saved the game...........woot!

The Thunderbirds are listed as coming to Milwaukee in the Middle of July :up: FREE AIRSHOW :hyper: Asked off for that too. I don't ask off for much so I am hoping I get everything.

:( the only people allowed to wear Crocs are the shoe dept people.......huge promotion. Redrocks would love the giant Croc decals on the floor outside the shoe dept........they go all the way up the aisle and around the corner toward the display rack...........I wish I could take a picture. I thought of him immediately when I walked in and saw it..........my co-workers were wondering why I was giggling :giggle: I need to find shoes now :| So much for not spending $$$$$$$$ :sigh:

The JC Penney people are still picketing.............they have some help in some Kohl's associates too :scratch: Still don't know what is going on.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
schmeg, I saw a news report about the truckers and the cost of diesel :yikes:. Yeah, you will be lucky if diesel stays under $5. I think I saw a sign here that read $4.35 for diesel.
Oh, and Gouda cheese is the greatest cheese ever invented :drool::wink:

You have no idea the busy work I had to come up with today. :uhoh:

Actually cheese is just the greatest thing ever.

Anybody else watch The Office and see what appeared to be an Interference journal on Andy's computer screen tonight, or have I been on the blue crack too much lately?

Also I meant to go to bed 45 minutes ago but I came online to check one thing and then found out a friend from work had Myspace stalked me so I looked at her pictures and then came back here. Oops.

Dammit, I didn't know that changing my location would lose my sig. Someone in this house who takes partial credit for that rule is in trouble. :angry:

shari schultz said:
Flipped on the tv and caught the Brewer vs Cub replay on WGN.
I saw Yovani Gallardo jump and land and his knee went..............off in a odd direction. I audibly yelped and grabbed my knee. Sympathy pains. Holy crap how did he not injure it????!! It was similar to what my knee did.
Gagne actually saved the game...........woot!

Baseball players tend to stretch more than vacationers. :wink:

He SAVED the GAME?! :shocked: If I remember correctly, the Brewers were up a few runs the other night in the 7th inning and the roomie was nervous, and I told him not to worry because it was getting close to the Gagne inning. We are going to Boston for the Sox/Brewers game in a few weeks and I SOOOOO hope Gange pitches because I just want to hear all those Bostonians heckling him. If Cincy fans were merciless, Boston fans will be pure evil. :drool:

Maybe I will have to go to hulu.com and check out The Office episode.
~moment of silence for schmeg's old signature~
Yes, Gagne saved the game:shocked:. I would bet that you will see Gagne in Boston. Enjoy :evil: Everyone here is talking about the "knee that isn't meant to go that direction" ~ *twitch*

I am off today, yet heading towards work to see if any of the changes were announced..........Worked with a manager last night who was awfully interested in my work schedule :eyebrow: I left work thinking that he will be our manager. I can also see first hand the Penney's picketers on the mall road.

Home. No news.

Bought open toed sandals with straps across the back. Will see how these work. I am quickly becoming the shoe queen ~ I am not known for my love of shoe shopping. Before I killed my knee I was getting into kitten heels and have several pair that are just sitting in the closet. Have to purchase another pair of Asics too :( ~ mine have been worn to death and have very little support left.

Schmeg said:

Baseball players tend to stretch more than vacationers. :wink:

He SAVED the GAME?! :shocked: If I remember correctly, the Brewers were up a few runs the other night in the 7th inning and the roomie was nervous, and I told him not to worry because it was getting close to the Gagne inning. We are going to Boston for the Sox/Brewers game in a few weeks and I SOOOOO hope Gange pitches because I just want to hear all those Bostonians heckling him. If Cincy fans were merciless, Boston fans will be pure evil. :drool:

HOUSTON -- The relief expressed by Brewers right-hander Yovani Gallardo on Thursday was painfully short-lived. Gallardo has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that likely will require surgery and could end his season.....

stretch yes, but they are not that bendy *cringe*

I am soooo tired right now and I'm getting tired of waiting for CF to call me about tomorrow's plans which call for getting up super early.

We are losing S at work due to a move to the west coast so everything at work is going to be up to the 4 of us for awhile. My under the radar competitive nature is going to come out full force.

It cost me $55 to fill up my gas tank today. :mad: I'm just glad that I can go 2 weeks on a tank.

shari schultz said:

do it..............5, 4, 3, 2, 1....................:)

was it during the fake firing of Stanley?

Did you see it too??? I was afraid maybe I was just crazy since their Dunder-Mifflin desktops are kinds blue crack blue but those darker blue stripes made it look very Interland Journal-ish.

Hulu didn't work for me last night, and then I went to bed at like 10:30 because I was so freaking tired from a day of being abused on the phone by a bunch of Last Minute Larrys. "This policy that has been in a cancellation status for 32 days is cancelling on Monday!!111!! It's YOUR fault I didn't send you the documents you requested for three weeks before the policy set to cancel/I haven't paid my bill since February/the premium raised in October and I'm really upset about it now!!" :crack:

Kickball at 1:00 today. :drool:

andy.jpg

It looked bluer on my TV Thursday night.

I watched it last night on hulu..........yep that is what I saw.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday :|
Kickball should be theraputic :up:

shari schultz said:
I watched it last night on hulu..........yep that is what I saw.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday :|
Kickball should be theraputic :up:

It makes the weekend that much more enjoyable!!

Ready for kickball! Last week we won 11-1 and I wasn't there. I was pretty sure last spring and summer that I was the jinx. We'll see how this week goes!

Co-worker just called. I am feeling a little :sick:
Change in manager.
They gave the whole home store to the furniture/domestics/luggage manager...........I worked with him the other night, the one who was interested in my schedule, yep we got him. I was right.
My current manager kept one of her depts and got 4 others.
The manager who had the other 4 dept. that my current manager will get now has shoes.

:crack:

shari schultz said:
Co-worker just called. I am feeling a little :sick:
Change in manager.
They gave the whole home store to the furniture/domestics/luggage manager...........I worked with him the other night, the one who was interested in my schedule, yep we got him. I was right.
My current manager kept one of her depts and got 4 others.
The manager who had the other 4 dept. that my current manager will get now has shoes.

:crack:

:yikes:

After kicking a single at my first at-bat (kick?), I made it all the way to second for you to be a hard decision forced out at third. The other team kept yelling "She's out! She's out!" but I learned long ago to take no shit from the other team and waited for the ref to tell me to leave the base. She agonized, as it was very close, and the decision is supposed to go toward the runner if you couldn't tell. My next at-bat I fouled and then kicked one right to first base, where I was running. :| We lost an agonizing 3-2, so I am, in fact, the jinx.

ahhhhhhhh the sound of underwhelmed e-mails popping into my mailbox on a Sunday morning............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom