Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:29 AM
Another one of my polar bears died. I remember when this guy was born in Providence; he was so cute and furry and the inside joke among the docents was that he was not bright. They were throwing watermelon chunks into his pool one day and he was just playing with them and one called, "Triton, honey, don't play with it!" I didn't even know he'd moved to Indianapolis; I would have visited him!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../NEWS/80410054

Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:29 AM
Gagne was good when he was with the Dodgers. Then I think he got hurt. My memory is hazy.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
My sister passed by a bad accident when she was out driving today. She said it was a head on collision and that when she drove by it looked like the ambulance had just gotten there. She saw someone on the ground having CPR performed on them
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

No, really, we don't want him back. Let's ship him off the the Yankees!
I'll get the bubble wrap and the tape
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #110
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
My sister passed by a bad accident when she was out driving today. She said it was a head on collision and that when she drove by it looked like the ambulance had just gotten there. She saw someone on the ground having CPR performed on them

my mother passed an accident on the way home from a trip on Monday. She thought it was a policeman lying on the ground......tons of police cars off to the side of the road.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Poor polar bear.......sounds like a really rotten way to go, too
Old 04-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
That is a shame about the polar bear
Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Gagne was good when he was with the Dodgers. Then I think he got hurt. My memory is hazy.
I guess he had surgery or something. I never got the full story; I just knew that every time the Red Sox were on tv out here and he was the closer, he would blow the save. Variations of "GagMe" were used in Red Sox Nation.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
That is scary. I've seen that before, too. It used to scare the crap out of me when I was driving 60 miles a day; I always felt like my turn was coming up.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

I have got "broken hearted hoover fixer sucker guy" going thru my brain and it won't leave
Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I went to a culinary store today after work to buy a few neccessites and I got a professional discount I heard rumors of such discounts available so I asked and they said if I had some sort of proof of employement (other than my chef's pants I had on) that I would get a 15% discount on every purchase. So I handed them my punch with my lovely mug shot on it and I saved $8.00
I found a cute little culinary store last week that I had no idea existed and thought of you. It was closed so I didn't have a chance to go in and check it out.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #117
ONE
love, blood, life

I would like to thank my co-workers for putting Rock Lobster by the B-52's in my head..............thanks ken and katie............I owe you...........
Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #118
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:29 AM
With this sort of medical breakthroughs I wonder how long our human race can survive!!!!!

An Israeli doctor says 'Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks.'

A German doctor says 'That is nothing, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.
A Russian doctor says 'In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.'

The Texas doctor, not to be outdone, says 'You guys are way behind, we recently took a man with no brains out of Texas, put him in the White House for eight years, and now half the country is looking for work.'
Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #119
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I have 2 days off after 7 days straight

HOWEVER..........as of Wednesday I'm on the night shift for a few weeks My inner clock will love the 2-10:30 shift but I think I'm going to miss getting off at 3ish each day.

I work 2 days of the new shift and then Passover starts. The hotel is booked solid for the holiday so everyone has to work 12 hour shifts the entire holiday. I'm scheduled 11-11 from Friday to Thursday. I get to work the AM shift on the following Friday so I can go home to graduate. I almost didn't get the weekend off because of the holiday. If I didn't have the excused abscence then I would be work almost 2 weeks straight without a day off and almost all of it would be 12 hour shifts. Tons and tons of OT to be had by all but it's going to an absolute nightmare each day. I'm kind of glad about the switch in hours now vs after the holiday because the morning shift is 5-5 I have a hard enough time getting up to be in at 6. Plus.....the morning people have to help serve breakfast and I'm not a friendly morning person at all

I have a headache thinking about what I just wrote. All I know is that every single cent of my OT money is going into my savings.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #120
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I've been in bed for almost 14 hours

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend 4 days in San Diego by the ocean in July or go someplace I've never been to which would cause me to go into sightseeing mode the whole time and not get a single moments rest. The flights to SD are really cheap from here and I get a very generous discount at hotels trough work so it would be a fairly cheap trip to go to SD. The only problem is the hotels available are the lower budget kind where I'd normally stay vs the nicer hotels that I normally couldn't afford if I didn't get the discount. I was hoping for the big fancy hotel with a gigantic pool. My sister doesn't seem to care where we go as long as the flight is under a certain amount. So now I have to decide.

Nicer hotels are available in LA but nowhere near the ocean. Plus if we go to LA then we'll have to call the family and let them know we are in town. It's not that I don't want to see them but I'll see them in MN in August and I also don't want to be tied down to a lot for this weekend.

I don't know what to do......