Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #931
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Hi Shari

Sorry to read about the knee and Brett...

Old 07-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #932
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Manny Being Manny was traded to the Dodgers. The last two months were very bad, but I will miss him.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:03 PM   #933
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:33 PM
yeah I just heard about Manny.......................they were talking about some sign he held up during a game about being traded for Favre????

Thanks fah I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.

Brett is supposedly winging his way to Green Bay as we speak.............he either plays with us or (don't let your head explode arw) MN or Chicago ~ those seem to be the rumors. (The flight is scheduled to land around 8 tonight: according to the news you can track the flight on their website............now they think he is Santa!)
Note to Aaron Rodgers: The flapping you hear above your head is vulture Favre. Take cover.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #934
ONE
love, blood, life

State Fair day I have eaten too much.............but it tasted soooooooooooo good. New favorite: Deep fried green beans.
I also had cheese on a stick...............ya gotta eat one thing at least on a stick. it is law.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #935
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
yeah I just heard about Manny.......................they were talking about some sign he held up during a game about being traded for Favre????

Thanks fah I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.

Brett is supposedly winging his way to Green Bay as we speak.............he either plays with us or (don't let your head explode arw) MN or Chicago ~ those seem to be the rumors. (The flight is scheduled to land around 8 tonight: according to the news you can track the flight on their website............now they think he is Santa!)
Note to Aaron Rodgers: The flapping you hear above your head is vulture Favre. Take cover.

I'm biting my nails waiting to hear what happens. I really don't think he's going to Chicago so......dammit. You have no idea how hard it would be to cheer on the man that was your enemy for so long.

So Shari....you gonna go out and buy a purple and gold jersey

I don't want Brett!!!!!!!!!!!

But on the other hand.....it might be fun with him around.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #936
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
State Fair day I have eaten too much.............but it tasted soooooooooooo good. New favorite: Deep fried green beans.
I also had cheese on a stick...............ya gotta eat one thing at least on a stick. it is law.
food on a stick

3 weeks from today for me!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #937
ONE
love, blood, life

found pic
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #938
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
I'm biting my nails waiting to hear what happens. I really don't think he's going to Chicago so......dammit. You have no idea how hard it would be to cheer on the man that was your enemy for so long.

So Shari....you gonna go out and buy a purple and gold jersey

I don't want Brett!!!!!!!!!!!

But on the other hand.....it might be fun with him around.
I won't be buying a purple and gold jersey..............I may be purchasing a Rodgers jersey.
The radio station is playing little snippets of War Games (the movie) when talking about the whole Favre issue

I don't want you to have Favre.................. He is ours ................I am still so friggin torn on this topic. I am pissed that the Packers seem to have tried to buy him off yesterday to stay retired. That was not fair. I am half in the fire Ted Thompson group, thanks to that.

how many former Packers would be on the Vikings? Sharper, Robert Ferguson, Darrell Bevell (coach) and a player to possibly be traded to you later? It is like the scottish play...........can't say the name.

Can you even imagine what the first game of the season would be like? Monday Night Football
Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #939
ONE
love, blood, life

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N70NB
Flight pushed back......................
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #940
ONE
love, blood, life

Flight on hold.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #941
ONE
love, blood, life

My head hit the pillow and I was gone for the night.

Radio is talking about the percentage of Cubs fans to Brewers fans at Miller Part yesterday. I just heard the audio from after the grand slam and WOW.............it is apalling. Estimates as high as 75% Good heavens *shakes head in shame*

A taste of what Tampa Bay sometimes goes thru when the Packers play down there. When N and I went to Myrtle Beach years ago we caught the connecting flight in Cinci and we went to the concourse and it was a sea of Green Bay Packer t-shirts and jerseys......... we thought we flew to Green Bay instead. Green Bay played North Carolina that weekend. It is always different when it is your team doing the invading.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #942
ONE
love, blood, life

Scary
Quote:
UPDATE: 3 victims were teens from the U.P.
Three teens from Michigan have been identified as the victims of a fatal shooting in Marinette County, where more than 100 law enforcement personnel are seeking their killer this morning.

The Marinette County Sheriff's Department identified the victims as Tiffany Pohlson, 17; Anthony D. Spigarelli, 18; and Bryan Mort, 19. Twenty-year-old Daniel Louis Gordon was also shot but survived with minor injuries, according to information released this morning by the sheriff's department.

A preliminary investigation revealed that the victims were shot about 5:30 p.m. Thursday while they were out among a group of nine young adults gathered near the East Kingsford railroad bridge, located on the Menominee River, approximately three miles west of the City of Niagara and 90 miles north of Green Bay. The Menominee River forms the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

More than 10 local and state law enforcement agencies, including the Wisconsin State Patrol and Michigan State Police, will start processing information at the secured crime scene and continue their search for the shooter.

The shooter is described as a white male, with possibly gray or blond hair and between 30 and 50 years of age. He is about 5-feet-10-inches tall and was wearing camouflage clothing and carrying an assault rifle. Authorities are asking that anyone seeing an individual fitting the description or with information on the shootings to call Marinette, Florence or Dickinson County Dispatches at 911.

Roadblocks are in place at Highway 141 and Highway N in the City of Niagara, west into the Town of Aurora in Florence County and Highway O from the County Bar north to Highway N. Roadblocks are also posted along portions of Timothy and Carpenter Roads in the Town of Niagara. Motorists are urged to avoid travel in the area.

All residences on Antonissen and Bennett Roads have been evacuated, sheriff's officials reported this morning.

Linda Kirby came to work this morning at the Country Bar in Niagara, Wis. amid a scene of "wall-to-wall police" as more than 100 officers continue their search for the gunman.

"I haven't seen any other people," she said. "They evacuated a lot of people. Everybody's on lock down. You're not allowed to leave. I'm surprised they let us get to work."

People evacuated from their homes last night stayed at the Country Bar for a time last night but have since located elsewhere while officers search for a shooter in camouflage clothing and carrying an assault rifle.

She said of the officers, "They're everywhere. They're standing on the side of the road with weapons, watching and scrutinizing everybody. They searched our vehicle on the way to work. (They asked,) 'Where are you coming from? Where are you going to'?"

The Country Bar opened for business at 7 a.m. but Kirby, a bartender there, is not anticipating many customers today.

"It's scary and the woods around here are so thick that he could be anywhere or he could be long gone," she said.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #943
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Radio is talking about the percentage of Cubs fans to Brewers fans at Miller Part yesterday. I just heard the audio from after the grand slam and WOW.............it is apalling. Estimates as high as 75% Good heavens *shakes head in shame*
"Wrigley Field North" Jim Edmunds for president!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #944
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I was going to leave over an hour ago but then I sat down to email one of my Chefs at school and now here I am still at home. I emailed her to give her an update on the life of a student 6 months later and ask for help about job ideas. Hopefully she'll have something to say. She was always my role model while in school and someday I'd like to be just like her and teach inquiring minds everything and anything about being a Pastry Chef. With all of the negativity at my work by my coworkers and their lack of entusiasm to be their best, I always channel her and another one of my Chefs, to help me rise above it.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #945
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=shari schultz;5333970]Thanks fah I spent some time chatting with a fellow recoverer of the dreaded tpfx. She has the same issues. Fun it is not. How close is the rock slide that happened today to you.............Hope all is well.QUOTE]

Thanks, all is well with us

That rock slide is about 20 minutes from my house We have friends who commute on that highway everyday and are just thankful that no one appears to have hurt or killed.

That's the highway that you have to take to get to Whistler where part of the 2010 Olympics are going to be staged.