Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #886
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:36 PM
I should be cleaning but for some reason the heat (it is 80 degrees ~ I know it is nothing compared to where you are, arw) is getting to me............. My knee/ankle/foot has bugged me since the downtown visit earlier in the week. I loved checking things out downtown and would do it again in a heartbeat
I would like to ice the knee, but the ice is downstairs and the thought of stairs is all sorts of icky to me right now, so elevating on a pillow will have to do

kelly is in Ireland right now . Wonder what she is up to
How is the car, arw?

Old 07-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #887
ONE
love, blood, life

Commiserating with the elves...........
Sounds like last week was interesting
*afraid to go back*

Old 07-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #888
War Child

Local Time: 09:36 PM
I envy Kelly -- I went to Ireland 15 years ago and really want to get back before I'm too old to get around. Next year there maybe a family trip planned (including Mspurrl and our other sister ewings). I work for Disney and right now I could get that Ireland trip for 40% off, but can't do it during the time frame.

I would like to rent a car and just drive it like we did last time, but I think a guided tour for a large group would be better -- too many logistics to deal with otherwise.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #889
ONE
love, blood, life

Discount on travel too bad the time frame doesn't work for you
Ireland is a "someday" thing for me.............*wistfully said*

Um Ned, could you maybe pull Suppan out of the game before he gives up more runs? HMMMM PLEASE! 7 run inning *harumpf!*
Old 07-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #890
War Child

They have cut rates on trips to Tuscany, too -- another thing I'd like to do.

I just found this -- I had to laugh, 15 years ago and quite the perm ...

Old 07-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #891
ONE
love, blood, life

ok,
Ned Yost leaves Suppan in game and Suppan gives up 7 RUNS

Cecil Coooper pulls his pitcher out after 2 HITS given up. ~ BTW ~ '82 Brew Crew; I can still see him motioning for the ball to go down during the Angels/Brewers playoff game
Quote:
The Brewers reached their first (and so far only) World Series as they eliminated the Angels in five games, becoming the first team in major league history to come back from a two-games-to-none deficit and win a best-of-five postseason series. In the decisive Game Five, Jim Gantner and Charlie Moore scored on Cooper's seventh-inning bases-loaded single. In a gesture reminiscent of former teammate Carlton Fisk, who waved his arms to keep the ball fair in Game Six of the '75 Series, Cooper was motioning for the ball to get down. "I remember thinking, 'get down ball, get down.' The crowd was so loud I couldn't really hear myself saying anything, but I just wanted to keep waving so that ball would fall in there."

SUPPAN IS BACK IN
Old 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #892
ONE
love, blood, life

Ah, perms I used to get them regularly.............don't miss them at all.

So you got the gift of gab by kissing the Blarney Stone ? So how uncomfy is it getting into that position?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #893
War Child

I kissed it *twice*. This photo was because my then-boyfriend didn't get the shot the first time. I wasn't happy.

It's not easy -- the old guy holds you around the waist and tells you how to put your hands on the rails, and you work your way down that way. It's loooong way down (thankfully, they have some bars across the hole, but you just don't know how strong those things are!

I'm wondering if I could do it today -- it's also a good climb up the castle, too!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #894
ONE
love, blood, life

I honestly don't think my knee would tolerate the getting down on the ground thing..............can you just climb up the castle without doing the whole kissing thing? How are the stairs? Handrails? I officially feel/am old by asking those questions......
I'm not even going anytime soon and I am worried
Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #895
War Child

If I remember, the stairs up to the top of the castle were in a winding staircase and were stone. You can roam the grounds and castle -- they don't make you kiss the rock if you don't want to.

It was a wonderful trip -- I'm hoping Kelly is having a blast.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #896
ONE
love, blood, life

I am now watching the old Batman tv series.............. Batman vs. The Riddler in a boxing match................holy campiness Batman

I believe Joan Collins is in this episode, too.

Adam West once made a personal appearance in our store. I clearly remember him wearing white sandals and being kind of stand-offish. My Batman brush with greatness.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #897
ONE
love, blood, life

I am actually beginning to feel bad for Brett. He keeps saying he wants to play and according to a report he is now willing to compete for the quarterback job here in GB. Reportedly Brett planned to just show up at training camp but then he asked Ted Thompson if that would be ok. TT requested he not do that..............give him a couple days to work something out.
Now it is being reported that TT said he would be fired if Brett just showed up (don't know if he was joking or not)..........
What the hell is going on with my Packers?
I just want this all resolved
Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #898
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I asked Ted [Saturday], 'Am I welcome in the building if I report?' and Ted was just about shattered," said Favre in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Brett, you can't do that -- you'll get me fired.'
Quote:
I said, 'Let me compete, you'll know I'll win this job' and Ted said again, 'Brett, things have changed. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback.' It's pretty clear -- and this is what I told the commissioner -- that they want me to go away, stay retired. They would much rather see me in a Packers' uniform, paying me $12 million to be a backup -- which you know they really don't want -- rather than see in another uniform, no matter what they say. They'll drag this out, asking a king's ransom [in a trade], hoping it all goes away."

wow. I have no idea who to believe. The Packers said when this all started if you want to come back you will have to compete for the job with Aaron.................now this.

The trade to the Tampa Bucs is getting a lot of talk, again.

You know what? If this happens, I can't root against him.
Wouldn't be happy to be beaten by the Bucs, if it would happen, but could deal with it.

Had the same feeling today with Houston beating the Brewers...........I like Cecil Cooper too much *girly response to sports*.............wasn't happy that we lost, but since it was to Coooooooooop, I can deal with it.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #899
ONE
love, blood, life

Springsteen on 60 minutes

Aug 30, Lakefront, sitting outside of the venue (unless someone wants to spring for tickets for myself and J ), listening to the Boss and the E Street Band ~ oh yes.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #900
arw
Blue Crack Addict

The Brett Favre saga truly confuses me. All I have to say is if he's going to play again, I wouldn't be able to handle it if he's going to be in a purple and gold uniform. He'll always be the enemy! In other fun football news.....I finally remembered to look at this year's schedule today. I'm so excited about a Monday night football opener against the Packers! It will be weird that 1 game is out of the way right away since those 2 meetings are usually the long awaited games but I'm still excited about it. The next month however really bugs me. We play teams out of our division for 4 games straight after the Packer game.

If I'm still here in Dec, which I have a feeling I will be, my sister is going to try to request the freebie tickets to the Cardinals/Vikings game on Dec 14. I was really shocked to see they were actually playing each other here. The baseball teams met this season but in MN only. I'm dying for anything Minnesota so I'd love to see my Vikes here.