Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
i talked to her tonight. of course she acted like I was being a big baby about it. One of her friends at work is basically a dog sitter on the side anyways. She's always watching an animal plus they have another friend that has stayed here for the week while they've been out of town. Whatever....if my friend can't come out then I'm going home and not just because I don't want to be here alone for a week but because i'm not dealing with being away from my life in MN too well lately so I think having options to go home this summer more than once will help.

in other fun arw news........my Chef called me at home tonight to ask (tell) me about a charity event tomorrow night he wants me to work AFTER my regular shift. So basically he scheduled me from 6 am to 9 pm tomorrow on the plus side, I'll get time and a half after 2:30.
If you really want to go home for a few days while they are gone then I would go especially if you would have to wait until August otherwise. As much as I am itching to move away I know I would still want to come back here every few months with my family still here.

Long days are hard but the time and a half is wonderful! When we've been slammed and worked long days it doesn't seem that bad since it's something I enjoy doing. The longest I've done is 9 to 9 though.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
We had free tickets to the opening game for our AAA baseball team tonight but considering it was raining and cool out I decided not to go. During my baseball days I always preferred MLB vs AAA. My interest in the game has dwindled some in the last couple of years.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #78
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I just got home. I had a nice 15 hour and 15 minute day at work. I did get a free bottle of wine out of it. The event was actually really fun and I have tomorrow off since I did a double today
Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

YAY for free wine and a day off

Watched the movie Once this morning..........addicted to it and the music ~ soooooooooo good!

Need stuff from Walgreens and gonna use my gift card from Barnes and Noble to purchase Once.........excting day off, huh? I then plan on losing myself in the movie and the special features for the rest of the day.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #80
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm still in bed. What a lazy ass. But truth be told.......I would have rather gone to work and a had a day off next week instead. I have nothing to do today. I also have all of Sunday off but my sister and her boyfriend are going away tomorrow until Sunday so I basically have a weekend of nothingness by myself other than 8 hours of work tomorrow morning.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:34 PM
We were supposed to start the spring Kickball season today but it was canceled for standing water on the field. I was really excited, now I'm bummed!

This happened last year, too...the first two games were cancelled because the weather decided to go back to "mid-winter deep freeze" instead of spring so the spring playoffs happened the week after the summer opener.

kickball
Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

I have become obsessed with a shoe I found on the JC Penny clearence rack last night. It was a cute little ballet flat with green, brown, and pink flowers and it would have matched like all my clothes. Unfortunately the poor one sales girl onat 8:30 on a Friday night couldn't find the mate. Now I can't find them on JC Penny.com or zappos.com and my computer is currently refusing to open piperlime.com (sorry, Karen!). I might have to go back over to the Castleton mall on a Saturday (eek!!!) and find them so I can at least get the designer name...which I should have last night but they led me to these gorgeous gold sandals that were perfect for a dress I'd bought, and then I looked around a little and found them in black which were perfect with ANOTHER dress I'd bought, so i got them both.

Okay, I got Piperlime to work...maybe I'll find them!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Kerry and I saw "Avenue Q" today at the performing arts center.

Puppet sex is both hilarious and disturbing

I also got Pearl Jam tickets for June. I didn't even know they were touring again, just happened to see Pop Artist mention it in the Bang and the Clatter thread.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

so did you find the other shoe, schmeg?
Avenue Q sounds like it is a hoot..........they had some of the puppets on the cake decorating program on the food channel.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

I just went over to Backstreets to check out how tickets for the Harley Fest sold................the site crashed this morning and now tickets won't go on sale until Monday the 14th.
Any big concert associated with Harley seems to be cursed........poor Harley Davidson
One of the posts:
Quote:
Anyone that thinks Bruce & ESB will "only" draw 20,000 is pretty naive. Milwaukeans love their festivals - they have them all summer long - add in the thousands and thousands of outsiders coming for this event and they'll draw 50,000 by accident.
Ya know, I gotta agree......I was a first hand witness at the last Harley event...........
Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

5 people handling the ticket sales thru Budco for the Bruce/Harley thing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
^ 5 people?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

^ yeah, impressive. You think Harley would have learned from the last debacle

I work until 10:30 tonight I am off for the next 2 days, though Things are just so tense in my dept. that I am not looking forward to going. 10 minutes till I leave
Old 04-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

I must declare that I love Spring! It was beautiful out today and the weather has been perfect the last couple of days. I still have my windows open and am soaking up the fresh smell of the spring air!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Survived.