Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #871
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
Hey kelly! How excited are you? All packed?

Yep

Almost all packed

Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #872
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:42 PM
So..........got a e-mail from a co-worker with the subject line, "hell hath frozen over/f this"

Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #873
Blue Crack Supplier

^ That doesn't sound good.

This is my last night at home before the trip. This time tomorrow I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic, desperately trying to get some sleep (and failing I assume - I can never sleep on planes ).

Anyone have any good sleepy drug suggestions?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #874
ONE
love, blood, life

Exciting!!!!!!!
Simply Sleep from Tylenol PM is my saving grace. No pain meds in it just the sleepy stuff Works for me and I don't feel groggy afterwards

Vicodin worked for me on the way home from Hawaii, but I don't suggest you try what I did on my vacation to get it

How paranoid are you about having your ID and Passport? I would be double and triple checking my purse.......
Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #875
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post

This is my last night at home before the trip. This time tomorrow I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic, desperately trying to get some sleep (and failing I assume - I can never sleep on planes ).

Just got an e-mail from co-worker. She worked today and fool of a boss did not so that was good. However the air conditioning died. Co-worker took all her personal stuff home with her today. It sounds like she is quitting after the demos she is scheduled for. This co-worker is a elf and helps me unpack and process trim as it comes in.

I am now beyond upset at HIM (the fool). Quite upset. I told co-worker to go see Sr. Manager like I did when fool got me so upset. She doesn't need the job. She just likes the area she works in and others in the store. I don't want her to be miserable by staying but someone besides me has to let Sr. Manager know what is going on. Co-workers husband said she can quit whenever she wants.

To sleep I will be taking the aforementioned Simply Sleep.
All the crap he says, does is why he can't get promoted
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier

It sucks when good employees start leaving

Thanks for the sleep tip. I'll pick some up today before I leave (I have to get cat food anyway , I don't know how she went through 25 cans so fast).

I've put my passport in a zippered part of my purse, but I still check it like 3 times a day to make sure it's there
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #877
ONE
love, blood, life

^ yep, that would be me too.
Have a wonderful trip and take tons TONS of pictures! I want to see them
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #878
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey maybe by the time you come back Mr. Favre will be your quarterback..................
Old 07-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #879
Blue Crack Supplier

Heh I saw that today in the paper. What happened to Garcia?

Oh well, I'm just waiting for my ride to the airport (i.e. Dad) to arrive and then it times to go

See you guys next week.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #880
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post

Xanax and red wine ....

I haven't read the whole forum here, but is this your trip to Ireland with Disney?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #881
ONE
love, blood, life

^yes it is

Too bad travel costs $$$$$$$
Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #882
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
I have to take my car in on Friday for a diagnostic test. It's $100 just for the test. My car also needs a flush and filter for the transmission. I've really been avoiding that one. That's $130 to do, which is actually about $50 cheaper than the quotes I got in Mpls. So right there Mr Visa, which I never ever use, is going to get $230 put on it. I'm scared to find out what's wrong with it and how much it will cost. Too many lights come on now that shouldn't be and my service advisor, Dad, said it's time to bring it in My dad has always been in charge of my cars so it's really hard now that I live away. He could probably take this into his shop and get it done for half the price. Certainly the test would be free. I have to drive my sister's new car ( ) to work tomorrow because their truck is a Yukon, which is huge, and won't fit in the parking ramp at work. It might but I doubt it. I see a lot of huge trucks from guests outside in the regular parking lot, not the ramp. I can't park in the lot so I'll have to take the car while she drives the truck.

k so I waste all morning waiting for my noon appointment that I scheduled 2 days prior. I get there and ask for Robert, the person I spoke to on the phone. I meet him and he has no recollection of our call nor does he bother to look to see if he put me in the system. We get to my car and I explain once again the issue. He gives me the run around and I ask if I can talk to someone else because I'm not clear on what he's saying. I also now have dad on the phone because I feel like I'm about to get screwed over. It's my car but it's his car if ya know what I mean. He's serviced hundreds of cavaliers in his day and knows my car inside and out. So guy #2 comes out and tells me that the light that's on means I need an oil change. My dad and I both say no at the same time because we both know that my car does not have an oil indicator light on it. They check out a few other things while I hang up with my dad. Meanwhile, my sister on her way from work to pick me up at the dealer.

They tell me that I have to pay $100 for the test, which I already know because I called the other day to ask. They then tell me there's a chance the diagnostic won't be able to tell them anything because the light is now off and hasn't been on for 2 days. My dad said the computer in the car can hold a code for a few weeks. The dealer guys tell me that's incorrect and they do not want to charge me for a test until the light is on. So I ask if the light comes on at 5:30 in the morning on my way to work, can I call one of them to meet me at the dealer to test the car? At this point I've totally lost all patience with them and get in my car and leave. Never once did they bring up the other $130 service I needed. My sister was almost at the dealer when I called to tell her that I no longer needed a ride. She was not happy with me.

So then my dad calls back to see what's up. I told him I left and would go to Auto Zone, which he strongly disagreed with the other day. He tells me to go and see what they say. He then asks the name of the dealer.

An hour later he calls to see if the service manager called me. I did have a missed call and voicemail but didn't know that until he called. So my dad talked to service manager I didn't ask him to. Basically he told the dude that they lost $230 today and any future business unless he has something to offer us now. He told the guy I did not go in there looking for a discount or deal of any kind and knew up front how much the test would be and that he sent me to a dealer, not a freebie place, because he has more trust in a dealer. The service manager said he would call me and have me come back and they would do the test free of charge. My dad said that was nice of him but there would be no guarantee they could convince me to let them fix any potential problems even if they did the test for free. The guy said he understood but would call me anyways.

I called the dude back and got his voicemail. He's yet to call back. So tomorrow my sister and I will take it to Auto Zone or Checker like the dealer suggested to get a free test. Then when we find out what's wrong with it, I'll find a different Chevy dealer to take it to even though the one I went to today is really close to work at home. Too bad for them.

I'm still dumbfounded as to why they would turn away $100 test. They kept saying they were only looking after my best interest by not charging me for a test that might come up with no answers. I really don't get it. I wasted my whole morning and now I have to take it somewhere else.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #883
ONE
love, blood, life

^ wow what a delightful experience / sarcasm

Watching Brewer game. 9th inning, 2 outs, losing by 2........miracle coming up? C'mon the Cubbies lost today..............
Old 07-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #884
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I thought it was about time I pop in and say Hey to everyone. It's super busy OT time at work for the next month so it's pretty much work and sleep. We ended up not having to go in today. Yay! My parents started their usual antics so I can't wait to get out of here in a little bit and drive out CF's.

I was bad and used part of my OT money to buy a pair of shoes from work that I really shouldn't have but I fell for them when I shot them. It was kind of sad because I kept looking everyday to see when I could order them and we'd be reunited!

I'm pretty busy but it's basically boring busy.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #885
ONE
love, blood, life

A boring busy is not bad.
I have a co-worker who is going to be working at the advertising studio. She will be unpacking and setting up the ads according to direction; she is hoping that it will lead to photographing the mdse.......................I thought of you when she told me she got the job. I told her to be kind when it comes to packing up the Trim mdse and sending it to the stores............I know where she lives..........she just laughed.
Picture of the shoes?