Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #856
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Batman Begins is just coming on so I can get lost in that.

Accompanying mom on her jury duty tomorrow.
Mom at courthouse.
Shari at museum; it just so happens Monday is free day for county residents

Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #857
arw
Blue Crack Addict

we went to a Coach factory outlet store in Vegas. I got the most adorable black leather Coach purse for $68!!!!! It had 2 markdowns on it plus an additional 20%. I saved $155 off the regular price.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #858
arw
Blue Crack Addict

i'm so tired. I had to drive the entire way today I was lucky enough to talk my sister into driving for 2 hours on Friday night but she refused to drive today. It took almost an hour to get over Hoover Dam. I would have liked to have stopped to take some pics but it was way too busy plus it was raining a bit. Since Feb, I've learned that people from the desert do not understand how to drive in the rain. Driving over the dam on Friday night in the dark was the single most frightening thing I've ever done. It was so creepy and I'll never do that again I told my sister when we got home that I don't think I ever want to drive to Vegas again from Phoenix. It's a much nicer drive from LA.

The dog and cat are so cute. They missed us
Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #859
ONE
love, blood, life

driving over Hoover Dam, um er, intimidating *weak frightened smile*, I can only imagine.
Good find on the Coach purse!

Well Off to the jury duty/museum ( ) soon.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #860
ONE
love, blood, life

Museum free for residents on Mondays = good for the pocketbook but challenging when umpteen schools/camps/daycares use that day as field trip day . Wondering where some of the chaperones were................instead of looking at exhibits the children were playing hide and seek in the Rainforest section......
The butterfly section has a room where you can walk amongst different, beautiful butterflies..........it is a room I skip going into since my first inclination is to swat at things flying near me. I was in the next room and a woman walked up to another woman and said, "Pardon me, but did you know you have a butterfly on your butt?". Never ever thought I would hear those words strung together. The woman, yes swatted, and the beautiful blue butterfly flew into the corner of the room and then in what seemed to be a panic, repeatedly flew at people and towards the windows where it could see his friends all flying about. I hope he got put pback into his room with his friends.

Mom got chosen for a jury and then rejected by the lawyers. Tomorrow is day 2 and hopefully the last day. I will prolly head towards the mall and if I can find the free trolley head down towards the Art Museum.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #861
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the arcarde is killing me. My eyes hurt.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #862
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
Museum free for residents on Mondays = good for the pocketbook but challenging when umpteen schools/camps/daycares use that day as field trip day . Wondering where some of the chaperones were................instead of looking at exhibits the children were playing hide and seek in the Rainforest section......
The butterfly section has a room where you can walk amongst different, beautiful butterflies..........it is a room I skip going into since my first inclination is to swat at things flying near me. I was in the next room and a woman walked up to another woman and said, "Pardon me, but did you know you have a butterfly on your butt?". Never ever thought I would hear those words strung together. The woman, yes swatted, and the beautiful blue butterfly flew into the corner of the room and then in what seemed to be a panic, repeatedly flew at people and towards the windows where it could see his friends all flying about. I hope he got put pback into his room with his friends.

Mom got chosen for a jury and then rejected by the lawyers. Tomorrow is day 2 and hopefully the last day. I will prolly head towards the mall and if I can find the free trolley head down towards the Art Museum.
about the butterfly.

how was jury duty day 2?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:42 PM
New Wednesday Tradition:
*Work
*Fresh Market
*Pilates
*Sushi from Fresh Market which is Actually Pretty Good

If only the work part wasn't there, and I could still afford Fresh Market, pilates, and sushi, life would be perfect!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #864
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
about the butterfly.

how was jury duty day 2?
Well mom didn't get chosen on day 2 and was in fact released around 11:30 in the morning. I was in the art museum I am still amazed that that piece of beautiful architecture is in my city

So relaxing to look out at this building and at the lake behind that.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #865
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 03:42 PM
^ That is a cool building
Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #866
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey kelly! How excited are you? All packed?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #867
arw
Blue Crack Addict

cool building!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #868
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I have to take my car in on Friday for a diagnostic test. It's $100 just for the test. My car also needs a flush and filter for the transmission. I've really been avoiding that one. That's $130 to do, which is actually about $50 cheaper than the quotes I got in Mpls. So right there Mr Visa, which I never ever use, is going to get $230 put on it. I'm scared to find out what's wrong with it and how much it will cost. Too many lights come on now that shouldn't be and my service advisor, Dad, said it's time to bring it in My dad has always been in charge of my cars so it's really hard now that I live away. He could probably take this into his shop and get it done for half the price. Certainly the test would be free. I have to drive my sister's new car ( ) to work tomorrow because their truck is a Yukon, which is huge, and won't fit in the parking ramp at work. It might but I doubt it. I see a lot of huge trucks from guests outside in the regular parking lot, not the ramp. I can't park in the lot so I'll have to take the car while she drives the truck.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #869
ONE
love, blood, life

YouTube - Brise Soleil
Watch what the cool building does at 10 a.m. and at noon and then again when the museum closes
Thank you Santiago Calatrava
I finally bought a book about how the city and Santiago Calatrava and the builders worked together. They done good!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #870
ONE
love, blood, life

car expenses