Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #766
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:13 PM
it's raining again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #767
ONE
love, blood, life

Home from Ren Faire ~ Perfect day

Will, as in Shakespeare, said he loved me *hee*
Watched some acrobats
Saw quite a few musical acts that I don't see when I go with N.
Saw the Falconer and the final joust of the day and encouraged J to spend $$$$$$$. We both liked the same necklace; J bought it.
Vegetable tempura and some outrageous maple walnut fudge ( I just bit into a piece of fudge with a whole walnut ~ OMG, heaven!) also had a iced coffee drink with whipped cream and chocolate sauce that led a music performer to say, "you, the one who just sat down in the front row, you are evil"............the coffee was .

I am so tired

Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #768
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
so I don't get why they won't release him.
The fear of having to play against him is what it seems to come down to. Fan support is also part of it. There are Packer fans who respect Favre and thank him for what he has done but are ready to move on and then there are Favre fans who put Favre first above the Packers. There are actually rallys scheduled to support Favre and drive TT and MM into bringing him back as a starter ~ damn Aaron Rodgers is there attitude.

I have a feeling Favre will be back............I have to keep telling myself it is a business, it is a business, it is a business.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #769
ONE
love, blood, life

Bed now, Advil too.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #770
ONE
love, blood, life

CC Sabathia hits home runs and wins games with his pitching
ok now I am going......................
Old 07-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #771
ONE
love, blood, life

wow. At least he speaks. But FOX news? Really? Iknow she is a WI native and a Packer fan, but really? FOX news?

Quote:
FAVRE TO SPEAK ON FOX NEWS
Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2008, 3:03 p.m.
Packers quarterback Brett Favre will end his silence regarding the recent events surrounding his unretirement via an exclusive interview with . . . Greta Van Susteren?

Seriously.

Favre was interviewed on Monday by Van Susteren, who likely doesn’t know whether you put air in a football or give it a facelift, and who hosts an evening show on the Fox News Channel.

In a crypic blurb on her show’s web site, Van Susteren says that Favre “accepts” the decision of G.M. Ted Thompson not to grant his release, but she also reiterates Favre’s desire to exit the Packers.

The interview will air Monday night on Fox News Channel at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (Even Keith Olbermann will be watching.) In a photo on the Van Susteren site, Favre is seen talking to her in his normal appearance — unshaven, gray T-shirt, and camo shorts. Amazingly, however, he is wearing shoes. And socks.

Regardless of the potential impact of Favre’s words on his football career, the selection of FOX News and Van Susteren will raise eyebrows with folks like Chris Mortensen and Peter King and Jay Glazer and Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald and others who undoubtedly have tried to put themselves in position to get this “get.”
Old 07-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #772
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I got a promotion and a raise today. It came out of the blue too. We had a very stressful few days due to tastings and visitors. My Chef was a madman. I was really dreading going today and it ended up being worse than I expected. However, today is the last day until August that I'll work with him because he's on vacation now. So when I left I said goodbye and he turned around and hugged me and then said he put in for a status change and a raise for me. It's actually long overdue. I should have at least gotten a little bump in pay after 90 days but he didn't think I was ready. That wasn't due to my perfomance but because he kept rotating me around that he felt I was actually a little behind where he thought I should be. That's because just when I got an area down he would move me So anyways....it was a nice way to end today. I'm not too thrilled with the amount he gave me but it'll do. I thought it would be a tad more but I wasn't expecting this for at least another month so I won't complain. And now I'm off until next Monday so I have time to relax, clean, shop for an outfit for my cousin's wedding next month , and then go to Vegas for a few days.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #773
ONE
love, blood, life

^
Old 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #774
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
I got a promotion and a raise today. It came out of the blue too. We had a very stressful few days due to tastings and visitors. My Chef was a madman. I was really dreading going today and it ended up being worse than I expected. However, today is the last day until August that I'll work with him because he's on vacation now. So when I left I said goodbye and he turned around and hugged me and then said he put in for a status change and a raise for me. It's actually long overdue. I should have at least gotten a little bump in pay after 90 days but he didn't think I was ready. That wasn't due to my perfomance but because he kept rotating me around that he felt I was actually a little behind where he thought I should be. That's because just when I got an area down he would move me So anyways....it was a nice way to end today. I'm not too thrilled with the amount he gave me but it'll do. I thought it would be a tad more but I wasn't expecting this for at least another month so I won't complain. And now I'm off until next Monday so I have time to relax, clean, shop for an outfit for my cousin's wedding next month , and then go to Vegas for a few days.
Congrats!! Any raise is a good raise!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #775
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post

I think that same storm came through here this morning, too. I love sleeping during thunderstorms.
I found the tree that was stuck by lightning! It was on my commute to work this morning, and it was pretty much split in half.

Enough of the severe thunderstorms, please. My friend's parents told him this is the worst year they've had since they moved here 30 years ago. SO glad I'm here to experience it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #776
Blue Crack Addict

And...

OMG REAL old friends have found me on Facebook. Amanda, you started a happy trend this week in which people I actually WANTED to find me were found. A bunch of my old skater girls have appeared!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #777
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg View Post
And...

OMG REAL old friends have found me on Facebook. Amanda, you started a happy trend this week in which people I actually WANTED to find me were found. A bunch of my old skater girls have appeared!
facebook is crazy. One of my cousins married a girl that was a grade younger than me. They didn't know each other when I knew her; they met in college. She friended me the other day which led to someone else and that someone else has well over 500 people on their list. I think I know like 15 people and I'm related to most But honestly, most of my really close friends from home are not on there. Plus I text and email with them so often that why do we need facebook?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #778
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg View Post
Congrats!! Any raise is a good raise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
^
thanks!

I still can't get over that I hugged my Chef today.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #779
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
facebook is crazy. One of my cousins married a girl that was a grade younger than me. They didn't know each other when I knew her; they met in college. She friended me the other day which led to someone else and that someone else has well over 500 people on their list. I think I know like 15 people and I'm related to most But honestly, most of my really close friends from home are not on there. Plus I text and email with them so often that why do we need facebook?
Because! Now you can send flowers and eggs that hatch candy and take surveys and quizzes and have flair boards and see pictures and stuff!

And it's something to kill time on break at work.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #780
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
^ I'll stick to Catster

Congrats on the raise arw

How long until Vegas?

The family is back home now (I can tell by the lovely smell of cigarette smoke wafting out from the living room - welcome home, mom!)