Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #736
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Quote:
Pack want Favre as backup?
A Brett Favre comeback plan? Looks more like a backup plan.
The Packers legend asked the team for his unconditional release on Friday, but the organization has no intention of granting that request, FOXSports.com has learned. If anything, sources say, the team is prepared to welcome Favre back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers has worked as the team's starter for the last five months and Green Bay has been operating under that assumption since Favre announced his retirement in the beginning of March. Favre re-affirmed his decision to retire at the end of March.

At this point, Green Bay would trade Favre before releasing him, sources indicate. The team has the cap space to take on Favre's huge salary, but it would rather deal him than give him up for nothing, if those were the two options.

Friday's letter asking for his release is just the latest in what has been quite a soap opera involving Favre and the team this offseason.

As word of his desire to play leaked out, the team has treated the news largely as hearsay, as this is not the first time this offseason that Favre has made such a request.

In late March during the NFL Owners Meeting Favre informed the team he wanted to play again, multiple sources have told FOXSports.com. Not only did he insist he was returning, both head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson agreed that he still had something left and they would welcome him back. Despite the fact that those close to Favre have stated Thompson did not want Favre back, Thompson was the deciding factor in agreeing it was not too late to have him un-retire at that time and start for the Packers in 2008.

In fact, team brass went as far as chartering a jet to fly to Mississippi to make it official later that week. The agreement was that the NFL's all-time leading passer would return for the year but help make it easier and palatable for Aaron Rodgers, who would have to wait another season to take the helm.

The group was set for this huge move when Favre suddenly phoned the team two days before the meeting was to take place and informed McCarthy that he had changed his mind yet again and was staying retired. While team officials were stunned by Favre's reversal, they made the decision to move on and draft his replacement, a move that Favre at the time understood. The Packers selected two quarterbacks in April's draft, Louisville's Brian Brohm in the 2nd round and LSU's Matt Flynn in the 7th round.

Then, a few weeks ago, Favre phoned the team stating he had that "itch" again to play. However, since he had jilted the Packers in March, the team simply took his latest request with a grain of salt. In addition, the team has put considerable time and attention into making Rodgers comfortable as the heir apparent.

The bottom line at this point is the soap opera is unfortunately growing and likely won't die any time soon.
Dude, you can only cry wolf so many times

Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #737
ONE
love, blood, life

glad you survived the week, kelly. Think Ireland

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #738
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
I feel the same way about some of the people I went to school with!
Okay, good! I'm glad it's not just me! I want to ask her but then I think she WILL make fun of me!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #739
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I had quite the day today. I'm really tired of my coworkers interupting me when I ask a supervisor a question. Apparently it's perfectly ok for people in this industry who are a level or two higher than me to think they're my boss. I had a conversation with a supervisor at 10 am. I had a follow up question for him at 2 pm, 4 full hours later, and someone that just got that right at 2 pm felt the need to answer for him and then belittle me like I was some stupid ass for asking the question. Yet it made perfect sense to my supervisor who stood there staring at her like WTF are you talking about. I blew up and asked if her name was S...if not then do not answer for him. He agreed and then we continued our conversation while she tried to again interupt and act like I asked a dumb question. She spent the next hour of my shift slamming things on the tables. It's daily with this particular girl. She thinks because she's worked in this industry since high school that she's all that. Somedays I really hate that I work in a place with so many people. I almost wished I would have gone smaller when finding a job. People at my work really don't know how to keep their mouths shut and keep to themselves. Another coworker who has been there for over 10 years said the group that works there now is the worst she's ever seen in any kitchen. /work rant.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #740
ONE
love, blood, life

^ about the interupter and to you for standing up to her
score arw 1; interupter 0 (esp. since the supervisor agreed). She is not too bright if she did it again after the first admonishment. Me thinks she feels threatened by someone with more talent.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #741
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I am absolutely, completely, totally exhausted....physically and mentally. The 2 months of being slammed with work day in day out at job 1 officially started this week. I've done OT the last 3 days and am already commited for 2 hours each Mon/Tues. I actually have the whole weekend off and I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done so I'm going to try to cram it all in tomorrow so I can do nothing at all on Sunday.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #742
ONE
love, blood, life

Renaissance Faire Sunday
Old 07-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #743
Blue Crack Addict

Big storm already this morning. I was enjoying lazing around in bed listening to the thunder until there was a really BIG crash which I've learned to mean lightning has struck a tree within a few blocks. That got me up.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariann View Post
I actually have the whole weekend off and I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done so I'm going to try to cram it all in tomorrow so I can do nothing at all on Sunday.
I understand that completely. I have been so on the go lately I just needed a day to do nothing. It was great, but now I have to catch up again.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

We had a guest instructor or substitute or something for my kickboxing class this morning. He decided we weren't going to do much kickboxing- he was more into Boot Camp. He had us run around the gym and up and down the stairs.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

BR!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #747
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
Dude, you can only cry wolf so many times
I heard this on the radio coming home from work yesterday and I wondered what you thought of it. What if he goes to Chicago or Minnesota?? YIKES!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #748
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg View Post
BR!

That same storm came through here this morning also. My one sleep in morning and it woke me right up!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #749
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
for beig insured. I kept my plan the way it was;they tried to get us to drop it down to a lesser one. The lesser one meant having to get referrals from the internist to go to any other Dr. I like the ability to just be able to make an appt. with anyone, any time.

New schedule came out.............When I get done with my 8 days straight I will have 5 days off . I only asked off for the weekend................I got off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday then I work 1 day and then have a day off. I then work 3 and then begin vacation. Too much time off, lately.

Got my $150 gift card for my anniversary today . I also got a pin with the amount of years worked.

Belated anniversary wishes for you

I am on holidays

No work for me until August 7th...

We leave on Monday and I have packed nothing
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #750
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg View Post
Big storm already this morning. I was enjoying lazing around in bed listening to the thunder until there was a really BIG crash which I've learned to mean lightning has struck a tree within a few blocks. That got me up.
Something rolled thru here in the wee small hours cuz the weather alert radio went off ..........the warning was for Jefferson County. I swear that that county is just gonna start floating this way............and also that Mother Nature is still trying to mess with my plans since that is the way J drives to get here (of course if it starts to float this way J can just turn off the car and save some gas .