Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:
it's going to be 97 today :crazy:

and at 6 pm..........it's 97 degrees :crack:

It's actuall not that bad. It's hot but it's dry heat so it doesn't feel as horrible as it would if this was mid July in MN.

One of my fans died today. :sad: It used to be my desk fan at work when I worked office life and sat in a warm cube all day long :barf: :yuck: so I'm surprised it lasted this long. I'll have to replace it soon because I'll miss it. For those that know.....I bought it at a certain Walgreens in Chicago on the 1st "U2" visit I had there in 2001 only I didn't have tons of rum and coke before that visit :flirt:

yeah......i'm bored. :(

arw9797 said:

and at 6 pm..........it's 97 degrees :crack:

It's actuall not that bad. It's hot but it's dry heat so it doesn't feel as horrible as it would if this was mid July in MN.

One of my fans died today. :sad: It used to be my desk fan at work when I worked office life and sat in a warm cube all day long :barf: :yuck: so I'm surprised it lasted this long. I'll have to replace it soon because I'll miss it. For those that know.....I bought it at a certain Walgreens in Chicago on the 1st "U2" visit I had there in 2001 only I didn't have tons of rum and coke before that visit :flirt:

yeah......i'm bored. :(

Umbrella shopping after drinks is always a good time! That $5 drunk umbrella lasted me through exactly one half of a small-craft advisory a few weeks later. :lol:

Tons of OT ~ I miss it :scream: Things are so (SO) controlled at work I am lucky to get it once or twice in the Christmas season.

If the only thing that matters to your sister on this trip is the cost of the flight, I say do what you really want to do. I say, right now, go for SD. Relax and enjoy. This time you would have the ocean and not a pool. If you stay with this company, you will be able to use the hotel discount at a "premium" hotel in the future.

97 is hot but you are right it is more tolerable without the humidity dragging you down.

~moment of silence for the fan~

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

Umbrella shopping after drinks is always a good time! That $5 drunk umbrella lasted me through exactly one half of a small-craft advisory a few weeks later. :lol:

mine still exists somewhere in a messy closet in Minnesota. :drool:

shari schultz said:
Tons of OT ~ I miss it :scream: Things are so (SO) controlled at work I am lucky to get it once or twice in the Christmas season.

If the only thing that matters to your sister on this trip is the cost of the flight, I say do what you really want to do. I say, right now, go for SD. Relax and enjoy. This time you would have the ocean and not a pool. If you stay with this company, you will be able to use the hotel discount at a "premium" hotel in the future.

97 is hot but you are right it is more tolerable without the humidity dragging you down.

~moment of silence for the fan~

this is the biggest event of the year at our hotel so everyone will be on mandatory OT, not just the kitchen staff. I'm worried there won't be enough places to park in the ramp with all the extra people. No one in my dept has a single day off for the holiday and everyone is scheduled 12 hour shifts. Someone told me that I'll basically earn more than an extra paycheck if I do indeed work all the hours I'm scheduled. I guess they do let people come in late and go home early once they see how the week is going to turn out but for now it's 7 12 hour days plus a half day of pure hell.

There's a resort near Palm Springs that's very pricey but I could get rooms for $90 a night. It's a few hours from the ocean but it has tons of pools. It's also not too far from a drive around Joshua Tree. It will be mid July so I'm sure the resort will be very quiet as it will be miserably hot out. I'm not sure if this is the place. I really had my heart set on a nice hotel with a gigantic pool near the ocean but it looks like all I'm going to get for this, or any July weekend, is a crappy hotel with a tiny pool a few miles from the ocean :sad: I even looked into other hotel chains to see if I could find something on the ocean in our price range. Nothing :tsk: There's an adorable hotel on Venice Beach in LA that Kariann and I stayed at but they don't have a pool or I'd go there again. :scream:

I wish I could go back to San Diego. I really liked the city when I went there for the U2 opener (and met you guys an the Irish pub :) ).

I stayed in the Holiday Inn right by the arena because I had (and still have) a phobia of driving in places I've never been before :reject:.

I'm in full Bruuuuuuuuuuce countdown mode now (I took Friday off so I could rest up the day before the show :wink:. The one time I saw him before I was exhausted 20 minutes into it :lol: ).

I'm not sure how everyone else works but my inner clock is very loyal to time. It's one of the reasons why I was never good at the random retail shifts of working mornings and nights. So I totally got used to my night life schedule with school last year. It took me a good 2 weeks to get used to going to bed at 9 and getting up at 4:30 am for work when I first got here. I desperately tried the past few days to stay up late and sleep in. It didn't work at all. Yesterday I was up by 6 and today was really no different. I did force myself to stay in bed late yesterday, take a nap today. I'm ready for bed but I have to stay up so I can sleep in late tomorrow. I start working 2-10:30 tomorrow. :sad: I'm looking forward to the change of people and work (they do different types of items at night) but I think it's going to take a while now for me to be able to switch back again. I'll still have an hour and a half left to work when I'm normally going to bed. By the time I get used to this schedule I could be getting ready to go back to the morning shift. :huh:

Now kelly make sure that you rest up on Friday...............nothing too strenous.............you need to save your strength for the dancing, screaming and singing along at the concert :)

Hope your new shift went ok, arw :up:

Last edited:
We're getting a hotel room tomorrow night and Saturday night. I learned from my previous Bruce experience that advance rest is required :lol:. He's playing Monday night in Tampa, but there's no way I could work, go see the show, then get to work the next morning.

arw, that sucks about the schedule change but I'm glad you get the OT.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the night shift. The people are certainly a lot better. I told them how the morning crowd treats me and they said they're not like that at all. So aside from giving up my nights again, I think I'll like this shift better.

Saturday April 19th, 2008 - 7:00 pm

Student Operations 2008
"A Night with Gaelic Storm"
Channel 36
The U.S. based Irish band Gaelic Storm performs electrifying Celtic rock tunes at Milwaukee's Pabst Theatre before an enthusiastic audience. Pat Murphy fuses his rousing vocals with the skillful guitar playing of Steve Twigger, swiftness of Jesse Burns' fiddle playing, stirring bagpipe melodies of Peter Purvis, and Ryan Lacey's brilliant percussion playing for a unique and engaging performance. Recorded March 14, 2008. (Student Producer, Ryan Casper. Student Director, Brian Kasprzak)
01:26:46 #3328 MPTV

:hyper: :yippie:

Hey, Midwestern Randoomers- anybody else feel that earthquake this morning? :uhoh:

Schmeg said:
Hey, Midwestern Randoomers- anybody else feel that earthquake this morning? :uhoh:

I am happy to report that I slept through it.
I will say that I had a empty DVD box leaning against the lamp and it was not standing up anymore it was laying flat.

shari schultz said:

I am happy to report that I slept through it.
I will say that I had a empty DVD box leaning against the lamp and it was not standing up anymore it was laying flat.

I have been amused to no end all day, actually, which isn't very sensitive to those who actually experienced the earthquake a little closer to the epicenter. The morning news named it The Indiana Earthquake while showing pictures of the Illinois epicenter and damage in Louisville, KY. People were calling in to the radio stations, sharing the Earthquake Stories...talk radio, morning dj's, it didn't matter, they needed to talk about their beds shaking and their windows rattling. My friend at work is from southern California and she was politely keeping her mouth shut all morning until I asked her if she was laughing at us and she could no longer hold it in and about fell off her chair.

And I got this text message from the roomie: "I hope Bono is okay!"

Springsteen show got rescheduled for next Wednesday. Hopefully I can get the time off work (I should). Kerry can't though :(

And my dad is being an ass about different stuff :mad:

eta: I feel less guilty about Kerry now that I just got her Stevie Nicks tickets for June. Stevie Nicks is to Kerry as U2 is to me, so that's good at least.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

I have been amused to no end all day, actually, which isn't very sensitive to those who actually experienced the earthquake a little closer to the epicenter. The morning news named it The Indiana Earthquake while showing pictures of the Illinois epicenter and damage in Louisville, KY. People were calling in to the radio stations, sharing the Earthquake Stories...talk radio, morning dj's, it didn't matter, they needed to talk about their beds shaking and their windows rattling. My friend at work is from southern California and she was politely keeping her mouth shut all morning until I asked her if she was laughing at us and she could no longer hold it in and about fell off her chair.

And I got this text message from the roomie: "I hope Bono is okay!"

Lots of "did you feel the earthquake" stories going on here too.
Coming home Uecker was chatting about it during the Brewer broadcast.......they felt it in Cinci.
Why didn't I think to send that text to you :lol: ~Love it :)

kellyahern said:
Springsteen show got rescheduled for next Wednesday. Hopefully I can get the time off work (I should). Kerry can't though :(

And my dad is being an ass about different stuff :mad:

eta: I feel less guilty about Kerry now that I just got her Stevie Nicks tickets for June. Stevie Nicks is to Kerry as U2 is to me, so that's good at least.
Wow that was quick rescheduling. Feel bad about your sister not being able to go :(.
Great timing with the dad stuff.

I went over to Springsteens site and watched the Indy video. :sad:

shari schultz said:

Wow that was quick rescheduling. Feel bad about your sister not being able to go :(.
Great timing with the dad stuff.

I went over to Springsteens site and watched the Indy video. :sad:

We thought seriously about going to that show and I signed up at work to try to get tickets (my company has a deal with Conseco Field House but I never get shit); it just seems really weird to me that that was the keyboard player's last show. :(

Summer has come to Indianapolis- the Broad Ripple Brew Pub has started brewing Red Bird again. :drool: I had two tonight. It's my favorite beer they brew but it's seasonal, and I don't know what to order between October and April.

fah said:
It's snowing here :censored:

It's April, my tulips are now buried under snow.
:hug:

I think I will flip out if we get any more snow............you all can visit me at the place with padded walls if it happens.

shari schultz said:

:hug:

I think I will flip out if we get any more snow............you all can visit me at the place with padded walls if it happens.

I've heard you don't have to shovel the snow yourselves in those places. :up:

It's no longer summer here today; it's chilly and looks like rain. It's only spring during the week lately, and the weekends are crappy. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom