Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
^oh by the way, give me back Tom Crean. Thanks to him I followed Marquette Basketball more than I ever followed basketball ~which is to say not a lot. He is a good guy. I work with some people who are really not happy with him leaving. Indiana
*pouts*

Explaination of dislike of basketball:
My birthday always fell during playoff season in the high schools. Family would come over and "celebrate" my birthday by watching high school b-ball tourneys on tv. Par-tay!
__________________

__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #62
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 01:50 PM
is this being a huge crybaby.....

My sister and her boyfriend want to go on a trip for a week in June. I'm not thrilled with the idea of staying here completely alone. It's not just that I'll be all alone all day every day after work and my weekend but it's the fact that it sort of freaks me out that what if my car broke down or I had an emergency. I wouldn't have anyone to call. It's not like I'd have to be here to watch the animals since they used to go out of town all the time and have plenty of people to come over. So I think I want to go home. Not for the whole time. Since my weekend can be anytime during the week I thought I'd ask for Wed & Thursday off as my weekend for that week and since our schedules start over on Fridays, I'd take Friday and Sat off. They're planning on being gone Monday through Saturday so I'd only be here a few days alone.

Tickets home that week are in the mid $200's where it generally is and I do have some extra money I saved just in case I was going to be unemployed.........so..........

I just think my sister is going to be mad for some reason if I decide to go because then she'll have to find an animal-sitter. Plus I think her boyfriend thinks I'm a big baby about staying here alone.
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Ya know I can't say I heard a lovefest about him this morning on the radio. Far from it.
He's sooo awesome. What a fierce closer. If I was facing him at the bottom of the 9th with 2 men on and 2 outs, I would just wait until he hangs that fastball as he always does.

I don't really follow the whole college basketball thing, so you can have Tom Crean back!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
is this being a huge crybaby.....

My sister and her boyfriend want to go on a trip for a week in June. I'm not thrilled with the idea of staying here completely alone. It's not just that I'll be all alone all day every day after work and my weekend but it's the fact that it sort of freaks me out that what if my car broke down or I had an emergency. I wouldn't have anyone to call. It's not like I'd have to be here to watch the animals since they used to go out of town all the time and have plenty of people to come over. So I think I want to go home. Not for the whole time. Since my weekend can be anytime during the week I thought I'd ask for Wed & Thursday off as my weekend for that week and since our schedules start over on Fridays, I'd take Friday and Sat off. They're planning on being gone Monday through Saturday so I'd only be here a few days alone.

Tickets home that week are in the mid $200's where it generally is and I do have some extra money I saved just in case I was going to be unemployed.........so..........

I just think my sister is going to be mad for some reason if I decide to go because then she'll have to find an animal-sitter. Plus I think her boyfriend thinks I'm a big baby about staying here alone.
Don't know if it is being a crybaby...........I think I would call it more of not being fully comfortable with new surroundings Do you have AAA in case of car emergency? Could you call one of your sisters friends down there in case of emergency?
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg


He's sooo awesome. What a fierce closer. If I was facing him at the bottom of the 9th with 2 men on and 2 outs, I would just wait until he hangs that fastball as he always does.
Oh joy
Radio announcers are saying, "don't panic"
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Oh joy
Radio announcers are saying, "don't panic"






















I'm sorry. Really I am. I'd only wish him on Yankees Nation. I think he only gave up 1 run at the White Sox game we went to last August...And I guess he was really good when he pitched for the Dodgers. He does have a World Series Ring...even if they didn't let him pitch a single inning, if I recall correctly...
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #67
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Don't know if it is being a crybaby...........I think I would call it more of not being fully comfortable with new surroundings Do you have AAA in case of car emergency? Could you call one of your sisters friends down there in case of emergency?

I don't have AAA and yeah I could get the #'s of her friends or even a few people at my work. But I don't want to be all alone at home for 5-7 days.

A friend from home is thinking about coming out that week but if not then I'll go home. My mom is more than thrilled with the idea that I want to come home for a few days in June because otherwise I won't be home until August. I have the money and the time off and I think by June I'll need a break at home anyways. I'm just scared to tell my sister. I think she's going to make a big deal about nothing.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #68
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 01:50 PM
I spent $7.77 at the grocery store tonight. I think I need to buy a lottery ticket now!
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #69
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 01:50 PM
speaking of baseball...........this saddens me:

the Diamondbacks are in a different division or whatever it is than the Twins My sister can get free tickets to work for basically any game so the other night we looked to see when they play the Twins in AZ and they do not. I don't follow baseball even close to the way I follow my Vikings but I'd still love to go to a game here if the Twins played. We'll still go to see some games but I'm disappointed it won't be against my hometown team
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
























I'm sorry. Really I am. I'd only wish him on Yankees Nation. I think he only gave up 1 run at the White Sox game we went to last August...And I guess he was really good when he pitched for the Dodgers. He does have a World Series Ring...even if they didn't let him pitch a single inning, if I recall correctly...
Some random quotes~
1. "Gagne sputtered a little," Yost said. "But things like that happen."

No one got to hear what Gagne had to say about it because the seven-year veteran left the clubhouse before any reporters could catch him.


2. Gagne was bothered by the muddiness of the mounds in the bullpen and game. While warming up in the bullpen, he had someone come out and throw Diamond Dry on the mound to give him better traction.

While he was in the game, he kept clicking his heels (ETA: there is no place like home, there is no place like home, no place like home)to knock the mud loose from his cleats, something Kendall and bullpen coach Billy Castro noticed.

"It looked like he couldn't get his footing," Castro said. "He was throwing pretty good in the bullpen, but he couldn't get his footing down there."

3. None of the players seemed worried about that, though. Turnbow, who acknowledged that he knew what Gagne's struggles were like, said it just was unfortunate that Gagne's first blown save happened in his Brewers debut.

And if any of the coaches had real concerns about Gagne's outing, they didn't show it.

"I don't put much stock in the first game," Castro said. "Anybody can have a bad game. He just happened to have it in his first one.

"He'll be fine."
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
I had kind of drifted away from baseball but for some reason it is singing to me this year.....................I watched the game this afternoon. We are still undefeated

I don't know if I am developing a real interest in it again or if I am just really looking forward to the "season" ~ summer, warm/hot weather Time will tell.
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:50 PM
arw, maybe play up the scared to be alone part when you talk to your sister, or maybe offer to help pay for boarding of the pets/animal sitters/food for the animals if that's possible?

I've gone to one baseball game (Devil Rays) when I took the seniors there on a field trips. I was bored out of my skull

Football I love. Soccer and hockey are boring on tv, but interesting in person. Baseball, sorry, boring both ways to me I'm always thinking, "Oh just hit the ball already!"
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #73
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 01:50 PM
i talked to her tonight. of course she acted like I was being a big baby about it. One of her friends at work is basically a dog sitter on the side anyways. She's always watching an animal plus they have another friend that has stayed here for the week while they've been out of town. Whatever....if my friend can't come out then I'm going home and not just because I don't want to be here alone for a week but because i'm not dealing with being away from my life in MN too well lately so I think having options to go home this summer more than once will help.


in other fun arw news........my Chef called me at home tonight to ask (tell) me about a charity event tomorrow night he wants me to work AFTER my regular shift. So basically he scheduled me from 6 am to 9 pm tomorrow on the plus side, I'll get time and a half after 2:30.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
^ that is a long day, but the time and a half sounds loverly
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 01:50 PM
I just want to crawl back into bed and sleeep. Coughing jags in the middle of the night suck.
Gotta get ready for work
__________________

__________________
shari schultz is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com