Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #646
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 10:22 PM
He has the 'itch'........................I say get some hydrocortisone and spread it on.
Rumor was that his agent asked Green Bay to release him so he could go elsewhere.

Quote:
If Mortensen's report is true, Favre's career in Green Bay could end badly, too.


The Packers don't want him back at this point, yet they can't release him and let him go to another team without creating a public-relations nightmare.


Think about it. What would the reaction be if Favre came to Lambeau Field for the regular-season opener as the quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings?


If he came into Lambeau and beat the Packers — with the Vikings or any other team — there wouldn't be enough tar and feathers in Wisconsin for Thompson and McCarthy.


It's possible the Packers could trade Favre to some team they don't play. However, what would happen if the unproven Rodgers failed while Favre was playing well somewhere else?


Once again, the Packers brass would have a lot of explaining to do. Clearly, this is a sensitive issue for the Packers.


More sensitive, it turns out, than Rodgers' wayward quote
__________________

__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #647
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
^
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #648
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
about how much is a monthly membership? There's a few LA Fitness locations near me. Once my hours kick in again I'd like to join a gym. I don't dare go into a place, or even call to find ou,t when I'm not ready. I don't need a sales pitch from them and then the follow up harassment calls. I made the mistake of doing that with Curves. I called from my home phone and they had caller id. I was dumb enough to give them my first name so they called me back a few times in one day.
It's $34.99 a month plus the initiation fee and crap. My friend gave me a coupon that we knew was expired, but I thought I'd try anyway, and I had the new guy signing me up and he was afraid to tell me.

I let him sign me up for the free assessment and that's where I got the sales pitch, for which I am a sucker, and therefore another initiation fee and $40 a month for a personal trainer thing once a month. But I need it as I cannot take a full breath in my wedding dress. I should be there right now but it actually hurts to drive, open doors, and push on a liquid soap pump. I will go tomorrow; they have 4th of July hours.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #649
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
$40 is my max price range so that doesn't seem too bad if you're getting a personal trainer too.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #650
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 10:22 PM
OMG Family Guy take off of Willie Wonka
Willie Wonka ='s chocolate
Family Guy ='s beer
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #651
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 10:22 PM
New Gaelic Storm CD shipped today
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #652
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
New Gaelic Storm CD shipped today
I'm probably going to have to order that. I bought their last one at the Irish Fair because I couldn't find it anywhere in town. The Irish stores usually get it in but then they hike up the price to the point that I might as well order it and another item to get free shipping. I'm sure there's no way anyone in town here would get it in. I might order that and one of the U2 releases at the end of the month. I really can't pick which one I want. I thought it would be War but I don't know now.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #653
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
one more day of cartoons and toys everywhere. It's been a looooooooong and loud week with the 7 and 5 year old boys.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #654
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 10:22 PM
^

Leaving for work soon so excited

(now if you believe that.................... )

The state treasurer (who is still employed with our store) called me yesterday and volunteered to take my Saturday hours . Unfortunately I can't give them away cuz I would be way below my hours and can't afford that plus I wouldn't get paid for the holiday then. I reaaaaaaaaaalllllly appreciated the offer though.
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
$40 is my max price range so that doesn't seem too bad if you're getting a personal trainer too.
No, that's ANOTHER $40. I am having some serious buyer's regret about that, but I've already paid the initiation fee and if I back out now there's a 6-month penalty. So I'm going to go a few times a week and use the machines and take kickboxing and maybe pilates and then have some sadist take away the use of my arms once a month for the next year.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 11:22 PM
I'm about to have the house to myself for 9 days. The rest of the family is going to the beach (I didn't go because I'm taking two and a half weeks off later this month and I don't think work would like that too much if I was gone for most of July ).

So party at my house!

j/k - my idea of rebellion now is getting a box of Dunkin' Donuts when everyone is away

I really would like to go out to lunch right now, but since the 4th of July parade goes right in front of our house, I'm trapped here for a little while longer. At least I only worked 3 hours this morning.
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #657
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeg View Post
No, that's ANOTHER $40. I am having some serious buyer's regret about that, but I've already paid the initiation fee and if I back out now there's a 6-month penalty. So I'm going to go a few times a week and use the machines and take kickboxing and maybe pilates and then have some sadist take away the use of my arms once a month for the next year.
oh nevermind. way over my price range.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #658
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
I'm about to have the house to myself for 9 days. The rest of the family is going to the beach (I didn't go because I'm taking two and a half weeks off later this month and I don't think work would like that too much if I was gone for most of July ).

So party at my house!

j/k - my idea of rebellion now is getting a box of Dunkin' Donuts when everyone is away

I really would like to go out to lunch right now, but since the 4th of July parade goes right in front of our house, I'm trapped here for a little while longer. At least I only worked 3 hours this morning.

that sounds like a great July....9 days alone and then Ireland!!!!!!!!!!


The boys are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't be back for at least 2 whole weeks I really don't mind when they're here and I think it's important for the boyfriend to see his kids as often as possible, but they were here 5 days this time. They were ready to go back to their mommy after 3 days....and so were the animals and me I swear the dog did a happy dance when they left a few minutes ago.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #659
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,683
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Happy July 4, y'all, no matter what you are doing. My brother's youngest son's birthday is today (the kid was about 5 before he realized that the fireworks weren't for him! )--they usually have a cook-out at their house but are doing something different this year. My brother and his wife bought some land out in the country along a river. They and two other family units in our extended family have towed their "campers" up there last night and set up. I guess one of the young 'uns even set up a frame with a sheet on it and back-projected the movie "National Treasure II" last night. They are really "roughing it." Anyway, it sounds like fun! Just wish my sister who moved to Florida two years ago could be here, too.
__________________
MsPurrl is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #660
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
Happy July 4, y'all, no matter what you are doing. My brother's youngest son's birthday is today (the kid was about 5 before he realized that the fireworks weren't for him! )--they usually have a cook-out at their house but are doing something different this year. My brother and his wife bought some land out in the country along a river. They and two other family units in our extended family have towed their "campers" up there last night and set up. I guess one of the young 'uns even set up a frame with a sheet on it and back-projected the movie "National Treasure II" last night. They are really "roughing it." Anyway, it sounds like fun! Just wish my sister who moved to Florida two years ago could be here, too.

that sounds like a really great way to spend the 4th. this is my 1st 4th of July not going to some sort of lake or bbq is the woods. My sister's friend from MN is here and we all felt like we need to do something by water today but really couldn't find much. I think we're about to go for pizza and then do some shopping. tonight we'll probably go to the Diamondbacks game.

I'm glad I'm not home in MN right now because I think i'd be disappointed anyways. My aunt and uncle usually have everyone to their cabin in Northern MN to ride on their boat. All of their kids got married this year or will be married by the end of the summer. I think with their growing family full of in laws there's no room for the rest of us anymore. It's unfortunate that they're being like that because we all used to be so close. I feel bad for my parents because I think they were a little shocked that my aunt didn't invite them up for the weekend.
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com