Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
well I answered my own question by clicking the link. Looks like a great time and you are going to the Cliffs
If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go to Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher and the Rock of Cashel are two "musts" for me.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #617
ONE
love, blood, life

morning
Survived the icky weeked and it was Steve & Barry's the radio station was talking about so I am breathing again

Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #618
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
morning
Survived the icky weeked and it was Steve & Barry's the radio station was talking about so I am breathing again
Old 06-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #619
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I want to go to one of the bigger Barnes and Nobles to study some cookbooks today. That's about all I can come up with to keep myself busy. Yesterday was real fun....my sister and I went to Super Target so I could apply for a 2nd job. We got there to find all 3 employment computers were in use and a line of about 2 people waiting. So after we shopped and checked out, the line was gone but the computers were all still in use. Two of the three people on the computers were the original people we saw at least a half hour earlier. I had already lost interest when I saw 5 people at 10 am applying for jobs. So then I sat on my ass until about 7 and then decided to go to Sprouts, which is kind of like Whole Foods/Trader Joe's. That was my day :boring:

The sucky thing is I work tomorrow and then have two more days off of nothingness. The roommates boys will be here again today thru Thursday so not only do I have to be forced into taking days off but I have a 7 year old and 5 year old ruining my peace and quiet. It's too hot out to get motivated to go anywhere plus I really don't want to spend any money. I'm scared to see what the next schedule is like. I think it's going to be another 3 days of work. My sister has a friend from MN coming to visit for the weekend plus we have a cousin coming to visit on Sun/Mon so at least I'll have someone other than 2 loud little boys to talk to. If I do have Friday off, then I'll hang out with my sister's friend while my sister is at work. I hope I work though.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #620
arw
Blue Crack Addict

went to Bath and Body works today. They had a 90% off table!!!!!!!! I found 7 items and the most expensive thing was $1.20! I also found stuff on the $2.00 table. In total, 9 items for barely $8.00. Some of the shower gels were .35 cents! They're the smaller travel size, which work great for taking on the planes when I don't check a bag. I wasn't going to spend any money today when I went out but I couldn't pass that up, especially since I'm running low on stuff.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #621
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the boys are here. they are sooooooooooo loud
Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier

I have two words for you: ear plugs. Works for *me*!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #623
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go to Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher and the Rock of Cashel are two "musts" for me.
You've GOT to go MsPurrl! It's gorgeous! You will never be the same after a trip to Ireland. It's more than 40 shades of green and there are so many different areas to see, so much to experience and do. Too bad it's so expensive! I can't wait to go back. Next time, 2 whole weeks there.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Yep, I've pretty much decided that if I can't get any of these hosers to go, I'm going to go on a guided tour next summer or early fall. I bet I will cry the entire time I'm there, though.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #625
ONE
love, blood, life

So I spent the morning raking up the trimmings from bushes *hot, sweaty*
I am such a girly, girl when it comes to that kind of stuff
Don't mind cutting the lawn, but anything else
Old 07-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #626
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 11:40 AM
I got some currency exchanged today.

Euros are pretty. The exchange rate is not
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #627
ONE
love, blood, life

that good, huh?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #628
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
I got some currency exchanged today.

Euros are pretty. The exchange rate is not
I still have a purse full of Euros. I thought about cashing them in but then I decided they must be spent in Europe so I'm not giving them up until I go again
Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #629
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to go crazy over this whole not working a full 40 hours a week. Most people would probably enjoy the time off. Here's why I don't:

1. I basically had an entire year off of not working while I was in school. That was boring enough.

2. I love going to work each day so much. I learn a lot each day that I'm there. Being there makes me one step closer to my goals of moving back home to MN then moving to St Paul, teaching at a culinary institute while also working part time in a French bakery. One day.......

3. It's too hot out to do anything outside. I don't know anyone here so if I go somewhere while my sister is at work then I go alone. My sister's boyfriend's kids are going to be here a lot this summer (here right now) and take over the entire house. I have no where to go other than my tiny room.

September can't come quick enough. Then I'll be back to working at least 45 hours a week again.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #630
ONE
love, blood, life

I just went to a site and converted $ to Euros..........................just a little depressing

Does anyone you work with call in sick? Do they replace them when they do? Can you request to be called if that happens. Sorry that you are getting so much downtime.

I start 8 days in a row tomorrow. Most of that time will be spent working alone thanks to vacations and hour cuts.