Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #601
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Today at work today I did the following:

1. burned my arm on the oven door while closing it. That's the 3rd time this week I've burned myself in a stupid way. It's only fun when I'm doing something complicated. It makes the burn seems valid for some reason while the ones this week were all because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

2. Walked into the ice cream machine while carrying a large container. The corner of the container went into my arm. The container was empty or I would have had a mess. My arm is green right now. I'm sure it will be a lovely shade of black and blue in another few hours.

3. I had to go to another kitchen for an emergency fruit run. Someone left a rolling cart in the middle of the pastry shop because they're a lazy ass that couldn't put it away. The cart is about knee high to me. As I was walking back into the pastry shop with the 3 flats of fruit, I walked into the cart, tripped, dropped the flats on the ground. Nothing opened. 5 people were in the pastry shop at the time and no one saw this. Right now my knee has a lump on it and is bright red. It hurts when I try to straighten it out.

I got yelled at by some stupid brat ass girl that thinks she's above me because she's been there longer. I should have moved the cart out of the way instead of leaving it there for her to trip on it as well. I'm sorry but I was too busy trying to pick up the fruit off the floor. This girl drives me nuts. She thinks she's entitled to be treated with more respect than one would treat someone else just because she's been there for a whole year. Big damn deal.

I had to get that out. I feel better now. I'm going to take some drugs for my injuries.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #602
ONE
love, blood, life

so it was a good day for everyone...............NOT!

arw ~ OUCH! On counts 1,2 and 3. May I suggest lots of ice and elevation for the knee *well versed in this*. As for the brat ass girl, I hate it when people have that sense of entitlement thing going on........Does she pull this crap when the boss is around? *dagger eyes at brat ass*

I am watching my plans for tomorrow float out the window............one person down (as is no, I can't make it), one to go and they are not answering the e-mails

Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #603
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:23 PM
Sorry about your plans, shari Is it something you can go to by yourself if the other person doesn't come through?

Ice and lots of advil, arw

I got my plane ticket receipt (big letters on envelope - "NOT AN ACTUAL TICKET", duh) for Ireland today

Just for fun, I decided to actually look at my passport (which I've never used before).

On pages 6 & 7, under "Important Information", I found this helpful nugget:

Quote:
9. DISASTERS AND CATASTROPHIC EVENTS - If a catastrophic event occurs, call home to let family and friends know you are okay.
Why thank you U.S. government. I would have never thought to do that on my own
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #604
ONE
love, blood, life

Ireland soon soon
Nice tip from the Govt. ~ would never have thought to do that/sarcasm.
A friend and I were down in Disney during the threat of Ivan. Was part of history cuz Disney shut down for the first time ever.....................The worst of it missed that area so I didn't call home to tell people I was ok( I was lazy).........I figured it was on all the news channels and the weather channel so the people back home would know what was up. I got home and got "yelled" at by the parents and the co-workers for not calling ~ felt guilty for about a week.

Summerfest is do-able by yourself, it is just more fun with friends..................Concert is at 10 pm and really don't want to do that by myself at that time of night...........
Old 06-28-2008, 03:06 AM   #605
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm still alive

In the last 12 days I worked 4 regular shift and 5 overtime shifts.

I go back to work tomorrow - 12 days until my holidays

The mini fahs finished school for the summer yesterday and today I heard "I'm bored"

Nighty night
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #606
Blue Crack Addict

I am starting a kickboxing class today!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #607
ONE
love, blood, life

well there it is. plans cancelled. Glad I have 4 days off.

"Let's go July 2 or 3"..........um well no because I work and the plans were for this weekend." /bitchy venting
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #608
Blue Crack Addict

I just got my ass kicked for an hour and a half. *collapses*
Old 06-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #609
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
well there it is. plans cancelled. Glad I have 4 days off.

"Let's go July 2 or 3"..........um well no because I work and the plans were for this weekend." /bitchy venting
That really sucks.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #610
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
Sorry about your plans, shari Is it something you can go to by yourself if the other person doesn't come through?

Ice and lots of advil, arw

I got my plane ticket receipt (big letters on envelope - "NOT AN ACTUAL TICKET", duh) for Ireland today

Just for fun, I decided to actually look at my passport (which I've never used before).

On pages 6 & 7, under "Important Information", I found this helpful nugget:

Why thank you U.S. government. I would have never thought to do that on my own
Kelly, when are you going to Ireland? Are you going on a guided tour, or on your own? I'll be very interested in hearing all about it and seeing pictures. My brother, my sisters, and I have been talking for years that we need to go before we get too old to walk around and enjoy it; and we're getting there. I've just about decided if I can't get them moving (some of them don't even have passports yet!), I may just have to go by myself next summer.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #611
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
My flight leaves 7/25 and I get back home 8/3.

I signed up to go with the Disney travel group, because my sister didn't want to go with me and it looked like the best option of all of the group travel tours:

Ireland Family Vacation | Adventures by Disney

It's ridiculously expensive, but

- the mouse has never done me wrong before
- this is probably the only time I'll ever get to go
- and hey, we get to stay in castle!

I decided to go a day before the "group" part actually starts, so I can sleep off the jet lag and maybe try to find HQ.

Like I said, this is probably the only time I'll ever go to Ireland, so I gotta try to find it right?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #612
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I signed up to go with the Disney travel group, because my sister didn't want to go with me and it looked like the best option of all of the group travel tours:

[url=http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/destination?name=IrelandLandingPage]Ireland Family Vacation | Adventures by Disney[/ur

I decided to go a day before the "group" part actually starts, so I can sleep off the jet lag and maybe try to find HQ.

Like I said, this is probably the only time I'll ever go to Ireland, so I gotta try to find it right?
Yes, you are right!! And I don't think you can go wrong with Disney (speaking with the "authority" of maybe 50+ visits to Disney World over the years and a Disney cruise, which was amazing!) . A few months ago, there was an article (with lovely pictures) in the AAA's "Home and Away" magazine by a mom and daughter who went on a Disney tour of Ireland. Sigh . . . .

That's less than a month away!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #613
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Ireland Family Vacation | Adventures by Disney

well no it won't be because they'll be on tour next year I'm going. Even if that would be the only concert I get to go to. It's Dublin or nothing. Plus I desperately want to go to France to see French pastries so while I'm in Ireland I plan on taking a few days to go to France.

I didn't click your link. Are you going all over the country or just Dublin? I hope you get to the Cliffs of Moher. I think out of anything that's the one place that has really stuck with me about my trip to Ireland.

The studio is super easy to get to. We actually stayed in an apartment virtually across the street from it.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #614
arw
Blue Crack Addict

well I answered my own question by clicking the link. Looks like a great time and you are going to the Cliffs
Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #615
ONE
love, blood, life

Kelly your trip sounds very - worthy!

Walked down to the village to check out Leahy's Luck last night (Irish band that plays at Irish Fest). Irish stuff is good, didn't care for the bluegrass stuff they did.

So ya gotta love a radio tease for tomorrow. "They are a staple at.............(mall I work at), a big chain, are they in financial trouble?"
Now I am gonna have to set the alarm for buttcrack of dawn on my day off just to hear who it is...............*prays it is not us*

Gonna go crawl under the covers now and hide from real life for a bit.