Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^sorry :(
Has it rained at all since you have been down there? I gotta admit I would miss the rain and the thunder.

Listening to the Bomb Scare Springsteen show from 1975 and
1. He and the band members are loose :lol:
2. Bruce sounds like Van Morrison at times

shari schultz said:
^sorry :(
Has it rained at all since you have been down there? I gotta admit I would miss the rain and the thunder.

yeah it rained and was cloudy almost the whole week my family was here when I first moved :( I felt so bad for them because they really wanted to relax in the warm air. They had about 2 days of nice weather. But not a drop since they left.

I think the Spring that I am missing at home is making me more homesick than the situation here. But that's gotten a little better in the last few days. It's just how we are so I know it'll come and go. I do have CD of thunder and ran so I might just have to sleep with it on :drool:

I went to a culinary store today after work to buy a few neccessites and I got a professional discount :love: I heard rumors of such discounts available so I asked and they said if I had some sort of proof of employement (other than my chef's pants I had on) that I would get a 15% discount on every purchase. So I handed them my punch with my lovely mug shot on it and I saved $8.00 :drool:

Yep. Bomb Scare. So good.
First set interupted by a bomb scare in the theatre.

LITTLE QUEENIE (fades in) (8.43)/ E ST SHUFFLE (intro. 14.20) (song 10.20)/ SAINT IN THE CITY (5.20)/
SHA LA LA (2.49)/ JUNGLELAND (9.41)/ KITTY'S BACK (18.34)/ ROSALITA (10.40)/ DETROIT MEDLEY (4.11)/
4TH JULY ASBURY PARK (SANDY) (6.40)/ QUARTER TO THREE (7.20)

Audience tape of first part of show. The famous bomb scare show (aka "Are you loose?") Entire second set after
clearing the building was put on a soundboard. This is the first known Little Queenie and is hilarious as the band
had been in the bar for about 2 hours. The second set also exists on a audience shot film. CD releases "Milwaukee
Bonb Scare Show" (Mistral Music) & "We Had Too Much To Drink Last Night" (BS).

Review (Courtesy of Wanted Magazine)
Wanted - The Bruce Springsteen Bootleg Guide (Volume 1)

This brilliant show has been previously released on "We Had Too Much To Drink Tonight". Then it was in mono and in
very good soundquality. This release is in stereo and has excellent sound. Unfortunately, the soundquality drops on
disc two. There's suddenly a hiss presenton the first part. It gets a little better along the way. The two discs
feature the part of the show after the band returned to the from their hotel after the place had been searched for
explosives. Here you find the uncut version of the show. (The first version had blanks between songs.) This preserves
the great atmosphere (partly created because Bruce had one drink too many at the hotelbar). Also the songorder has
not been tempered with so you can fully enjoy this of this part show as it was actually performed.
Packaging: 8,5
Sound: 9 (Soundboard)
Collecting Value: 8,5

Review (Courtesy of The Promise)

I am probably in the minority here, thinking that if Springsteen should ever decide to release one entire show it
should be this one. Actually it is not even an entire show, for the opening few songs (mainly from Born to Run) are
missing.

Some time into the show someone called in a bomb threat and the venue, Milwaukee's Uptown Theater, was temporarily
evacuated. This set has been registered after the band returned to the building. And "let me tell you, there they
was" pissed like hell. After spending some time in a bar, Springsteen and the gang reopen the show with a rousing
version of Little Queenie preceded by a hilarious introduction during which Bruce repeatedly asks the audience "Are
you loose"? This version of Queenie is in my opinion one of at least three classic performances from this night.
Following is the set, which technically was perhaps far from perfect, but was played like it was the band's last
performance ever, or last live show on Earth for that matter. E Street Shuffle lazy and chatty as ever and full of
soul, Saint in The City with some chilling guitar licks, then Bruce calls for "moment of silence, Steve's guitar
broke": Sha La La follows played at punk speed. Fine performance of Jungleland closes the first disc.

The best version of Kitty's Back known to this reviewer opens the second disc. It is jazzy, it is messy and drunk,
yet just when you think the whole composition is going to fall to pieces it explodes and returns again, and again,
and again. Classic number two on this great disc. Rosalita together with an early and fine ("the favorite song in the
world!") Detroit Medley are next and then the main set closes with an always beautiful version of Sandy.

As for the classic performance number three from this night it has to be Quarter to Three. It is played with passion
and the a capella part seems extra long. At some point the band stops and Bruce has some fun with the audience asking
if they "don't wanna go home?" Bruce ends the song with his famous confession: "I am just a prisoner of rock'n'roll."
After hearing this show you will be one too.

Soundwise, this is a soundboard, but not a perfect one, for there is some distortion in the beginning of Kitty's Back
and the louder passages are a bit muffled. Still the sound is clear and bright, very "live," whatever that may mean.
I guess the best way I can describe it is that as far as live recordings are concerned, this one makes you feel like
you were there in the first row. Boy, I wish. If you are going to own one live recording in your life this has to be
the one.
PM address if interested in a copy :)

Listening to the CD of rain and thunder sounds comforting and like a good idea

Professional discount :up:

I cannot stand AI so I am hoping Bono's part will be posted somewhere. My former boss asked if I was going to watch him and I told her no and her jaw hit the floor.
I will be watching Ghosthunters too. :yes:

I hope that by the time I leave Indiana, I will have convinced my mother that we do not get the New England Sports Network out here. :crack:

Mom: Are you watching the Red Sox?
Meg: No, we don't get it out here.
Mom: Why not?!

We will have this conversation at least 6 more times during baseball season.

shari schultz said:
Gagne ~ take him back now. He almost screwed things up the other night again.

:no: No, really, we don't want him back. Let's ship him off the the Yankees!

Another one of my polar bears died. :( I remember when this guy was born in Providence; he was so cute and furry and the inside joke among the docents was that he was not bright. They were throwing watermelon chunks into his pool one day and he was just playing with them and one called, "Triton, honey, don't play with it!" I didn't even know he'd moved to Indianapolis; I would have visited him!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080410/NEWS/80410054

kellyahern said:
My sister passed by a bad accident when she was out driving today. She said it was a head on collision and that when she drove by it looked like the ambulance had just gotten there. She saw someone on the ground having CPR performed on them :yikes:
:(
my mother passed an accident on the way home from a trip on Monday. She thought it was a policeman lying on the ground......tons of police cars off to the side of the road.

Lila64 said:
Gagne was good when he was with the Dodgers. Then I think he got hurt. My memory is hazy.

I guess he had surgery or something. I never got the full story; I just knew that every time the Red Sox were on tv out here and he was the closer, he would blow the save. Variations of "GagMe" were used in Red Sox Nation.

kellyahern said:
My sister passed by a bad accident when she was out driving today. She said it was a head on collision and that when she drove by it looked like the ambulance had just gotten there. She saw someone on the ground having CPR performed on them :yikes:

That is scary. I've seen that before, too. It used to scare the crap out of me when I was driving 60 miles a day; I always felt like my turn was coming up.

arw9797 said:
I went to a culinary store today after work to buy a few neccessites and I got a professional discount :love: I heard rumors of such discounts available so I asked and they said if I had some sort of proof of employement (other than my chef's pants I had on) that I would get a 15% discount on every purchase. So I handed them my punch with my lovely mug shot on it and I saved $8.00 :drool:

I found a cute little culinary store last week that I had no idea existed and thought of you. It was closed so I didn't have a chance to go in and check it out.

I would like to thank my co-workers for putting Rock Lobster by the B-52's in my head..............thanks ken and katie............I owe you...........:lol::crack::lol::crack:

With this sort of medical breakthroughs I wonder how long our human race can survive!!!!!

An Israeli doctor says 'Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for work in six weeks.'

A German doctor says 'That is nothing, we can take a lung out of one person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.
A Russian doctor says 'In my country, medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have them both looking for work in two weeks.'

The Texas doctor, not to be outdone, says 'You guys are way behind, we recently took a man with no brains out of Texas, put him in the White House for eight years, and now half the country is looking for work.'

I have 2 days off after 7 days straight :drool:

HOWEVER..........as of Wednesday I'm on the night shift for a few weeks :sad: My inner clock will love the 2-10:30 shift but I think I'm going to miss getting off at 3ish each day.

I work 2 days of the new shift and then Passover starts. The hotel is booked solid for the holiday so everyone has to work 12 hour shifts the entire holiday. I'm scheduled 11-11 from Friday to Thursday. I get to work the AM shift on the following Friday so I can go home to graduate. I almost didn't get the weekend off because of the holiday. If I didn't have the excused abscence then I would be work almost 2 weeks straight without a day off and almost all of it would be 12 hour shifts. Tons and tons of OT to be had by all but it's going to an absolute nightmare each day. I'm kind of glad about the switch in hours now vs after the holiday because the morning shift is 5-5 :yuck: I have a hard enough time getting up to be in at 6. Plus.....the morning people have to help serve breakfast and I'm not a friendly morning person at all :tsk:

:crack: :crazy: I have a headache thinking about what I just wrote. All I know is that every single cent of my OT money is going into my savings. :love:

I've been in bed for almost 14 hours :crack:

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend 4 days in San Diego by the ocean in July or go someplace I've never been to which would cause me to go into sightseeing mode the whole time and not get a single moments rest. The flights to SD are really cheap from here and I get a very generous discount at hotels trough work so it would be a fairly cheap trip to go to SD. The only problem is the hotels available are the lower budget kind where I'd normally stay vs the nicer hotels that I normally couldn't afford if I didn't get the discount. I was hoping for the big fancy hotel with a gigantic pool. :hmm: My sister doesn't seem to care where we go as long as the flight is under a certain amount. So now I have to decide. :huh:

Nicer hotels are available in LA but nowhere near the ocean. Plus if we go to LA then we'll have to call the family and let them know we are in town. It's not that I don't want to see them but I'll see them in MN in August and I also don't want to be tied down to a lot for this weekend.

I don't know what to do......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom