Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #541
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Instead of a movie, I decided on a museum. We live really close to both the art museum and science museum. I called my sister to find out how to get to the art museum since there is major construction on the road it's located on. While talking, she suggested I not go to the science museum because it's small and dull and not at all like the one in St Paul that I adore. So off to the art museum I was going to go. I went to their website to find out how much tickets are only to see that they are closed on Mondays! I should have known that from my years of going to the theater; most theaters and museums are closed on Mondays. Then I looked to see if the Imax theater was playing the Grand Canyon movie since we're talking about going to the real Grand Canyon next month. It says there are "no events" today....whatever that means. Usually I spend one day off with my sister and one day alone. But yesterday she and her boyfriend were car shopping, not something I wanted to join them in. Also, today is his birthday so my mom sent me to the mall to buy his gifts. So I already got my wandering around a mall day off out of my system. A day off alone wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't living in the desert where it's 100+ degrees outside, forcing me to do something inside. When I first got here, days off consisted of wandering around the botanical garden or going to one of the mountains. Can't do that anymore.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #542
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:13 AM
When our A/C broke last summer, I chickened out and spent a few nights in a hotel . That was awful (and expensive ).

I have a cold thanks to my sister (she got it first, so I'm blaming her).

Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #543
arw
Blue Crack Addict

so I decided on Narnia afterall. It was a lot better than the reviews gave it and for the most part, I wasn't lost on the storyline. There were a few moments but all in all I really liked it. As of tomorrow, Netflix will be sending the 1st movie to me.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #544
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post

I have a cold thanks to my sister (she got it first, so I'm blaming her).

I hate summer colds way more than winter colds. But I guess it doesn't matter for you with where you live. I always hated being sick when it's 80+ degrees out. It's better to snuggle in at home when it's freezing outside but I guess you have summer all the time.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #545
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
They won't be able to come out to fix the air until Friday. The weird thing is that yesterday no air was coming out of the vents at all yesterday but today there is air and it seems like it's kind of working now. I think I'm going to go ahead and let them come out and look at it since we don't have to pay for it and the fact that it hasn't really worked like it should upstairs since we started using it this Spring. It's supposed to be cooler in the mid 70's day and upper 50's/low 60's at night so it will be good open window/fan weather.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #546
ONE
love, blood, life

I liked the first Narnia movie, but have not seen the second one yet. It will be something I rent from Netflix.
Hope the cold goes away quickly, kelly, Spring/Summer colds are the worst.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #547
ONE
love, blood, life

First day back from vacation and I am ready for my next.
Summary: Some paperwork not complete, boss, office, Trim floorplan discussion (again), make signs, talk to ASM about whole floorplan issue, he agrees that it is not my job.
Will wait to see what happens now.
I suggested he ask boss how he feels about floorplan and if there would/should be any changes...........so that seems to be the approach he will take.

Schedules are a whole other issue that we are having fun with.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #548
Blue Crack Supplier

Saw the Narnia movie this past Saturday, and liked it a lot. But I think I liked the first one more. I got all weepy every time Aslan was on the scene.

We got "Cloverfield" from the library, and it was surprisingly good. I don't know why it was calledl that, though.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #549
arw
Blue Crack Addict

It took me forever to figure out who was the voice of Aslan, which is funny because I own just about every single movie with Liam Neeson until probably about the late 90's. Once he did Star Wars he just never was able to get back to the acting he used to do.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #550
Blue Crack Supplier

When I saw the first Narnia movie, I couldn't place Aslan's voice, either. When I saw the cast/credits: Of course! I loved him in "Rob Roy."
Old 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #551
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 AM
Good Morning Randooomers

Where has June gone?

School is finished next week - what am I going to do with the mini fahs

I am still working a ton of overtime - 3 overtime shifts on my 4 days off this week

I took the mini fahs to see Prince Caspian in the theatre. I thought it was better than the first Narnia movie.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #552
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh I know! June is just flying by! Too fast, slow down, please.............
Good Luck with the mini fahs ~ family vacation?
Are you still so short of help? Is is ever gonna get better.... Overtime is a forbidden word and *experience* where I work..........I miss it
I believe I am working on the 4th of July so at least that is time and a half I will take it
Old 06-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #553
ONE
love, blood, life

I really have to change my location and description under my name now that it finally stopped raining
No idea what to change it too
Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #554
ONE
love, blood, life

Boss came out today with my requests off..............Irishfest weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)...........I think he is trying to get on my good side.
"You know Irishfest starts on Thursday, right?" It looks like I will be getting those days off.........until i see the schedule I won't believe it.

He also verified Aug 30.............I told him that is *stalking Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band day*.............Harleyfest and Bruce at the lakefront, outside...............loud concert and winds blowing correctly = free concert...............
Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #555
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:13 AM
The only good thing about no overtime is that now that I have to clock in and out (which I'm thrilled about ), when eight hours comes around I just say "bye" and leave - so far anyway.

The cold was short lived - I think it just wanted me to spend some $ on Nyquil and then it went away.

fah, do you still work in emergency dispatch (I don't know what they call "911" in Canada )