Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #526
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
I'm just in such disbelief right now. I'm watching MSNBC now and just want to cry.

I will miss him so much, especially this November. It just will not be the same without him.........
I am crying on and off.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #527
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
I am just floored about Tim Russert
I couldn't believe it when I turned on the radio and the DJ said that he was a little late giving the lounge tip due to hearing about Tim's passing. I was like "did I hear that right?". I had gotten into the habit of turning on Meet The Press when I would be getting ready on Sunday to go to Job 2. It's going to be odd not seeing his white boards during the election. From what everyone has been saying about him he must have been a really great guy.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #528
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
So I've been spending my free time this week getting together a bunch of stuff to contribute to a yard sale tomorrow. I think I'm ready except I can't decide if I should take nickels for change since the lowest price I have on something at the moment is .25.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #529
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
She lasted about 2.5 songs with KOL and thought they were more boring than painful
Kelly, that is *so* funny!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 AM   #530
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
I am just floored about Tim Russert
And he's so young--only 58. It makes me very sad to think that he bid farewell to his wife this morning and left for work, and they had no idea it was the last time they'd see each other. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:10 AM
Quote:
. I'm watching MSNBC now and just want to cry.

They just had Yogi Berra on the phone talking about Tim. Something about the way he spoke about him was really moving. It made me want to cry.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #532
arw
Blue Crack Addict

went to the Diamondbacks game tonight. They got their asses kicked. The Twins, however, pulled one off in the 12th. I spent more time watching the scoreboard for that game than I did for the D-backs. It was fun going to a different stadium but the game was a snoozer.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #533
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's currently 110 degrees out right now but according to yahoo weather it feels like it's "only" 103.

The doggie has a groomer appointment in 30 minutes and no one else is home so it looks like I'll get to be the one to take her. It's going to be a real treat trying to get her to go into the place once she realizes where we are. She's fine once she's in the room and then happy as can be, prancing around like she owns the place (because she knows how pretty she looks ), once she's done, but I've heard horror stories from my roommates about how uncooperative she can be once we're in the building.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #534
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The Twins, however, pulled one off in the 12th.
yes, they did
Avoided the sweep today, though.

It is stunningly gorgeous here, right now. 79, non-humid, sunny (not a cloud in the sky).

I have MSNBC on in the background (I have actually had it on the whole weekend; to watch anything but Tim Russert seems wrong) while I clean.
I have gone thru a lot of kleenex.................

I bought Big Russ & Me from itunes and put it on the ipod to listen to at work ~Tim does the reading. I am not ready to not hear that voice anymore
Old 06-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #535
arw
Blue Crack Addict

my sister got home just as Roxy and I were about to leave so thankfully, I didn't have to take her alone. She fell to the ground and wouldn't move the 2nd we got to her groomers room. But now she looks pretty and has a cute little bandana around her neck Both the girls got new treats too.

I'm watching an encore presentation of Meet the Press from last Sunday. It's still so weird. I watched a bit of today's show online but I had to turn it off to leave with Roxy so I'll go back later.

And..... I forgot the Twins played WI last night
Old 06-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #536
ONE
love, blood, life

Our air conditioning went out today and it feels like a sauna in my room. For once it was actually enjoyable to do laundry in the basement since it's way cooler down there. So now I have to add contacting the landlord to have someone come out to look at it into the long list of things I have to get done in 2 hours tomorrow morning which includes a doctor's appt. so it's basically and hour for all the other errands.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #537
ONE
love, blood, life

[QUOTE=arw;5223431]it's currently 110 degrees out right now but according to yahoo weather it feels like it's "only" 103.

QUOTE]

That's what it feels like with the air not working. I have the windows open and a fan on right now so it's not so stuffy but we're supposed to get some storms tonight and the rain always hits the large window so I'll have to shut at least one of them.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #538
arw
Blue Crack Addict

broken a/c If our a/c broke in this heat I would stay at work until it was fixed!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #539
arw
Blue Crack Addict

so I was going to do the movie thing alone today except there's nothing appealing out right now. I've seen Sex and the City. The only other one I thought I'd like is Indiana Jones but my sister's boyfriend already has a copy so that leaves me with horror or children's movies. There's What Happens in Vegas, which a few coworkers saw and enjoyed, but that's not playing at a theater near me or at a time I'd want to see it. The only option I have is Narnia #2 but I haven't seen #1. I swear I read one of the books for a children's lit class in college because the storyline of 4 London kids and magic animals feels like something I had to read and write about. There's not a whole lot out right now that seems worth spending money on. What happen to the days when tons of movies were out for the summer? I felt like this last summer too. So now I have nothing to do today
Old 06-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #540
ONE
love, blood, life

Sorry 'bout the broken AC. Haven't used any so far this year, fans yes, air conditioning no.

Back to work today. Vacation went so fast. A month until the next one , not that I am counting down or anything