Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #511
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:29 AM
ya know, I would like to go on a roadtrip with my friendto see a local band that we both enjoy lots without having to take ponchos, a change of clothing, a weather alert radio, a flashlight, extra batteries etc.......I just want to take me. I was ok with going until the breaking news mentioned above...........now I am just kind of freaking out. Is it possible to have a touch of something close to PTSD? Just have to wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Oh yeah, gotta take the little teeny tiny tv/radio combo..................we used that last year to watch out for the severe weather and could see a radar of the area on the drive up and back.
Maybe it would be a good idea for the Oshkosh people to change the name of the event from Waterfest to something with a sunny, dry suggestion

Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #512
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
So the choices are go in the basement and possibly drown, or get to high ground and possibly be blow away to your death/struck by lightning?

Nice.
Oh BTW, they have changed that tonight. They have gone house to house and told the people that haven't evacuated, that they would come tell them or call them if something happens.
They finally saw the of their idea ( )

Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #513
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
ya know, I would like to go on a roadtrip with my friendto see a local band that we both enjoy lots without having to take ponchos, a change of clothing, a weather alert radio, a flashlight, extra batteries etc.......I just want to take me. I was ok with going until the breaking news mentioned above...........now I am just kind of freaking out. Is it possible to have a touch of something close to PTSD?
The guys on the radio were just discussing the same thing! I guess it is possible, weather basketcases
Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #514
ONE
love, blood, life

e-mailed venue and they have only canceled 1 show in ten years so it looks like we will be heading up. Asked how they notify people in case of changes or cancellations and was told to tune to internet radio station sponsoring event *tuned to it now*

Have fun at your Pearl Jam concert, Kelly! Two words for how to deal with KOL, ear plugs
Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #515
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
e-mailed venue and they have only canceled 1 show in ten years so it looks like we will be heading up. Asked how they notify people in case of changes or cancellations and was told to tune to internet radio station sponsoring event *tuned to it now*

Have fun at your Pearl Jam concert, Kelly! Two words for how to deal with KOL, ear plugs
I agree! They opened for U2 in Chicago 5/9/05, and we were right behind the stage. They hurt us bad!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #516
ONE
love, blood, life

Was at the 5/7 show and seats were upper level and right next to stage..........it still hurt *re-lives horrible flashback*

Still not completely sure we are going. Storms cover the road between Madison and Milwaukee, which is how J would get here. For added fun a tornado watch is in effect until 8....................where we would be going there is rain and some thunder but no sever storms (yet ?)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #517
ONE
love, blood, life

just sent "white flag" text to J. Told her to just stay home...............
The best part is that Oshkosh isn't in the tornado watch box...........So where we would be heading, it isn't as bad. Oh well.
Tornado sirens went off again *barf* want this weather to be gone! More coming this way I hate the word rotation. Now it sounds like J is going thru it where she lives.
On a lighter note, now Johnny Depp has experienced a tornado warning cuz it went right over downtown where they are filming.......welcome to my world, Johnny.

J just called, she wants to go yet.....................so do I but my nervous nellie stage is kicking in
Old 06-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #518
ONE
love, blood, life

ok, I just canceled on J. Now it is moving into the area we would travel thru..........just too risky.
I hope she doesn't hate me for doing that.
Mother Nature

Official announcement: Waterfest canceled for the night.........only the second time in its 10 year history
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #519
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Sorry your show got cancelled, but it sounded dangerous, so I hope you're okay

Pearl Jam were great and I had a really fun time Kerry said she had fun too. She lasted about 2.5 songs with KOL and thought they were more boring than painful We were on the club level, so we just went and sat at a table outside until they were over.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #520
ONE
love, blood, life

Thanks kelly Glad your show was good (and that you both survived KOL)

June 28th at Summerfest is the next goal (apparently a lot of other peoples goal too, since this got canceled, but the more the merrier).
Old 06-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #521
ONE
love, blood, life

I am just floored about Tim Russert
Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #522
Blue Crack Supplier

Me too
Old 06-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #523
ONE
love, blood, life

When I told my father that Tim Russert died he looked at me, cocked his head and said, "you mean Big Russ". I said "no I don't", very quietly and he turned his head slowly away from me and tried to take it in. Sunday ritual for my father is church and then Meet The Press.
I cannot imagine being the person to tell his wife and son this news over the phone
and I most certainly cannot imagine having to tell Big Russ

I had so much respect for him.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #524
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I am just floored about Tim Russert

Me too. I'm totally speechless right now. I just got home from work about 10 minutes ago and opened up yahoo and gasped so loud when I saw the headline. I'm just in such disbelief right now. I'm watching MSNBC now and just want to cry.

I will miss him so much, especially this November. It just will not be the same without him.........
Old 06-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #525
Blue Crack Supplier

I had just woken up from a nap and my sister told me. I couldn't believe it.