Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys :wave:

Just got back, had a fabulous time, really exhausted :lol:

I'll post pictures (and videos) and write more later, but while I was away the cat puked up on my laptop keyboard while Kerry was using it (long story), so I've got to take that in to the Apple store on Tuesday for repair (I'm using Dad's computer to type this).

Highlights: Cliffs of Moher, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's cathedral, sheep farm, signing the wall by the studio, Rock of Cashel, Ross Castle, Dromoland Castle and the super aggressive ducks . . .

The tour was fun, but I think when I go back again (arw's right, I have to go back ;) ) I'd do it without a tour group because now I know what I like and what I'd skip, plus there's still a few things I didn't get to see.

flight_track_mapBrettisonhisway.gif

It's real, it's happening.......................

Brett should land just as the Family Night scrimmage begins................so yes indeed.........there is a *vulture* in the form of Brett in a jet circling Aaron Rodgers........wow.

Right now the rumor is that he will compete for the starting quarterback position.

Hi guys :wave:

Just got back, had a fabulous time, really exhausted :lol:

I'll post pictures (and videos) and write more later, but while I was away the cat puked up on my laptop keyboard while Kerry was using it (long story), so I've got to take that in to the Apple store on Tuesday for repair (I'm using Dad's computer to type this).

Highlights: Cliffs of Moher, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's cathedral, sheep farm, signing the wall by the studio, Rock of Cashel, Ross Castle, Dromoland Castle and the super aggressive ducks . . .

The tour was fun, but I think when I go back again (arw's right, I have to go back ;) ) I'd do it without a tour group because now I know what I like and what I'd skip, plus there's still a few things I didn't get to see.

:hyper: I'm glad you had a good time!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics.

You got to the studio! :love: did you take the bus tour that day too?

We're going next year for the tour Randoooomers, so start saving those pennies! :yes:

And :yikes: about the laptop.

flight_track_mapBrettisonhisway.gif

It's real, it's happening.......................

Brett should land just as the Family Night scrimmage begins................so yes indeed.........there is a *vulture* in the form of Brett in a jet circling Aaron Rodgers........wow.

Right now the rumor is that he will compete for the starting quarterback position.

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers so I'm glad to see they aren't handing the job back to Brett, if the rumor is true. What happens if Brett loses his job to Aaron?

I'm so happy they didn't cut him loose to sign with my Vikings. Of all teams! :no: Still....that would have been super weird to see him in a purple jersey.

I have tags for displays to type up and I don't feel like doing it........

I am going to try to go see Batman sometime this week.........I have been watching Batman Begins when it is on tv.

A Milwaukee U2 tribute band is playing the local festival on Friday night :hyper:

Kelly, wasn't the Rock of Cashel magnificent? I think that was my favorite place when I was there years ago, that and Newgrange, the big burial mound near Dublin.

Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories!

Are you feeling better, arw? Is Lily eating?

yes and no. I've gotten the dizziness under control with sudafed and a nasal spray but I have a horrible headache that won't go away. I have to call my insurance co tomorrow to ask if I can see an allergist or if I need to go to a regular dr and then get a referral. I don't have any sinus infection symptoms other than the headache but I'm sure I have some sort of sinus related issue. Another reason that stresses me out about not being at home. I could just call up my allergist and tell them my symptoms and get drugs over the phone. But not anymore. :(

Lily ended up eating all of her food last night and this morning. She's currently in the window, her normal spot when my sister is gone. She's probably waiting for her mommy to drive up so she'll eventually give up and eat. Roxy on the other hand has barely eaten a bowl since yesterday. She was find on Friday night and then ate nothing all day. I had to bring her food into the family room for her, which is something my sister has to do a lot. But even that didn't work. Now she looks all teary and is in her little snoozie (bed) curled up with her two piggies. She doesn't even wag her tail when I call her name. You'd think I was some sort of crazy lady describing these two girls but they really are obviously upset. It affects my sleeping habits when they don't sleep because they both wake me up all night. So I cannot wait for my sister to come home.

I have tags for displays to type up and I don't feel like doing it........

I am going to try to go see Batman sometime this week.........I have been watching Batman Begins when it is on tv.

A Milwaukee U2 tribute band is playing the local festival on Friday night :hyper:

you do that at home? I used to have to type out stuff on my computer at home when I worked at a tj maxx store. That stopped when the store manager left. Instead of paying me for supplies out of petty cash on top of logging in an hour here and there, she would just pay me an extra hour for every hour that I said I worked. It usually was about 2 full hours a week. Once she left and the other managers found out my arrangement with her they but an end to it. They said it shouldn't take me that long to type up signs and letters and other stuff and also that it doesn't take that much ink on my computer so they shouldn't have to pay for it. They got mad when I declined to help that anymore. :happy: Whatever......

After talking to one of my coworkers today about Batman, I do have to admit that Heath Ledger really was amazing in it. I did enjoy his performance but the movie itself wasn't all that.

Are you going to the tribute band?

I'm watching the preseason game on NBC. :drool: :love:

I found a job that I really want in MSP. I updated my resume and cover letter and sent it off to my proof dept (my brother!) for review. He could write resumes and cover letters for a job. It's perfect timing if they're interested because I'll have 10 days that I can find time to meet them. Otherwise I'm calling a few hotels in Mpls to see if I can transfer. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day of phone calls. :happy:

flight_track_mapSafelanding.gif
\
Brett is back in Green Bay. Honest to God it was like watching a shuttle land :lol: They followed the plane from when they could first see in come into airport range to the landing and the taxi-ing to the full stop and finally Brett stepping off the plane. He had a nice turn-out of fans at the airport. More probably would have shown up but it is scrimmage night at Lambeau so the city is there...............Scrimmage is on hold due to storms.

Fried dough with sugar and cinnamon :drool:

Oh and
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V
He seems to be back........tonights family scrimmage night should be interesting.........wonder if he will go. I find it interesting that yesterday the reports started about how unhappy the coach was with the offense.............today Brett is *back*

Those sound yummy..like those mini donuts but bigger :hmm:

you do that at home? I used to have to type out stuff on my computer at home when I worked at a tj maxx store. That stopped when the store manager left. Instead of paying me for supplies out of petty cash on top of logging in an hour here and there, she would just pay me an extra hour for every hour that I said I worked. It usually was about 2 full hours a week. Once she left and the other managers found out my arrangement with her they but an end to it. They said it shouldn't take me that long to type up signs and letters and other stuff and also that it doesn't take that much ink on my computer so they shouldn't have to pay for it. They got mad when I declined to help that anymore. :happy: Whatever......

After talking to one of my coworkers today about Batman, I do have to admit that Heath Ledger really was amazing in it. I did enjoy his performance but the movie itself wasn't all that.

Are you going to the tribute band?
I hate having to find new Dr.'s. *shudder*

I made some tags at work on the computer there but the format for the sign is kind of big for some of the pieces.........not to mention it only makes two tags on the sign paper and it won't let you make 2 different signs.......they are both the same. You end up wasting 3/4 of a sign with nothing on it plus the extra un-needed sign.
I have a program (Print Shop) that lets me do a full sheet of tags plus I can change styles on that sheet.

Whatever day I am off I am going to try my darndest to get to Batman.

I plan on heading down to the village to see U2 Zoo. I will see if N or J want to go .................don't think N can cuz her bro and his family are visiting from DC.

YouTube - u2zoo streets

I gotta restart my computer............it is old and dragging.........

arw - GOOD LUCK on the job!..............this seems to be great timing :yes:

fah -I would send you a elephant ear but you would only get crumbs, sugar and cinnamon by the time it got to you ..........not that that is a bad thing ;)
"Last Supper" of chinese food.......................SOOOOOOOOOOO dramatic :giggle:

flight_track_mapSafelanding.gif
\
Brett is back in Green Bay. Honest to God it was like watching a shuttle land :lol: They followed the plane from when they could first see in come into airport range to the landing and the taxi-ing to the full stop and finally Brett stepping off the plane. He had a nice turn-out of fans at the airport. More probably would have shown up but it is scrimmage night at Lambeau so the city is there...............Scrimmage is on hold due to storms.

I was on the phone when they showed him landing so I didn't hear what was said.

Computer seems to be running better now............
They really didn't say anything more than Brett is back in GB and the reinstatement takes hold at noon Monday.
He is expected to be at practice Tuesday........

Now all of that is barring anything else dramatic happening.

I have to convince myself to sleep now. Alarm is set for 5:30, jeans and t-shirt is the dress code for tomorrow :up:

Night all :wave:

Can't wait to see your pics kelly :)

Morning :yawn:
Up a half hour earlier that I planned :grumpy: Lots of lightening moving this way so had to hit the shower earlier.......oh well.

arw, they were just talking about how GB and MN were in trade talks as of Friday ........so trade possibilities are still alive and well. No one knows what is truly going on..........................the statement read that Brett would be back for a 17th season but this is also the team that said no, Brett couldn't compete for the quarterback position.........so no one trusts what is coming out of GB.

If a trade happens now, after the welcome back from the fans and at Lambeau (Brett did end up going to the Family Night scrimmage, he was shown smiling like crazy and waving..........gotta say it made me tearfully :hyper: to see how excited he seemed)
Again, can you trust what you see? Well for now and for all the anger and drama I had towards him I am now ok with it (Aaron didn't look so hot last night ~sorry Aaron).........
:reject:

:hyper: I'm glad you had a good time!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics.

You got to the studio! :love: did you take the bus tour that day too?

We're going next year for the tour Randoooomers, so start saving those pennies! :yes:

And :yikes: about the laptop.

Yes, studio and the bus tour were the first full day in Dublin:

Picasa Web Albums - kelly - Ireland 2008 ...

Click here to watch Band-on-Grafton-Street

Click here to watch Chorus-on-Grafton-Street-singing--Molly-Malone-

Click here to watch familiar-sign-on-the-streets-of-Dublin

Kelly, those are great! Have to ask you (being a Disney employee) -- was the tour "too" Disney? That would be my greatest fear ..... Having taken a driving tour of Ireland 15 years ago with an ex-boyfriend, I don't think I could take the Disneyesque tour .. maybe some other tour company ...

They gave us a Disney pin each day (related to Ireland) and on the bus all the movies were Disney, but other than that it wasn't too bad.

Now that I've been there though, next time I would like to go on my own and not with a tour group. It was great for being there the first time, but the next time it would be nice to have more time at the places I like (for example, I felt we were rushed at The Cliffs of Moher - we had about an hour -, I could have stayed for another 30 minutes at least). and skip the things I thought were boring (the viking exhibit was cheesy, imho).

I understand what you mean. I was there for a week, driving, and each roadpost had such intriguing invitations ... you just didn't know where to turn. We circled the country -- started in Shannon, visited Clifden, Dingle, Navan (almost N. Ireland border, where the High Hill of Tara is), Newgrange, Wexford, etc. It was a lovely trip I'd like to repeat, but the "whole fam damily" is talking about going and I can't imagine organizing a multi-car outing. It'd have to be every car for itself!

I think you definetly got to see more of Ireland than I did, but driving in Ireland does seem to be a challenge :lol:. I would never drive in Dublin, that was crazy. The rest of the country wasn't so bad, but the roads are very small, as I'm sure you remember. Even our bus got side swiped by a truck on the way from Killarney to Kenmare:yikes:. Luckily, only the bus driver's side window was damaged, and it was double sided safety glass, so it didn't impact the trip and everyone was okay - one of the kids even said that that was their favorite part of the trip! :lol:

Pics from day 2:

Picasa Web Albums - kelly - Ireland 2008 ...

Yeah, you'd be going up over a mountain pass with no guard rail on the side, etc. Yikes!!! :ohmy::ohmy: We got lost in Dublin -- we'd not planned to go to Dublin, but you couldn't bypass it coming from the north. Of course, I was in charge of the map so it was all my fault. :angry: We stayed at lovely B&B's all over the country. It was a great trip.

I loved your pics kelly! More?
They wouldn't let you take pics in The Clarence........nice little sneak manuevering to get a few.
Did I see a figment of my imagination?
The green, green grass with the sheep :up:
Gotta watch the videos :yes:

Looks like they're doing some restoration work at the Rock of Cashel, eh? I loved that place. That was probably my favorite spot. I was amazed at the big arch of the cathedral and wondered how they made it.

And where you're standing with the ruins down behind you -- that's Hore Abbey. :wink:

Both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets have been involved in trade talks for Favre, but Favre was quoted as having said he wanted to play for an NFC North team so he could play against the Packers.

Trade rumors to MN are getting louder..............:sad:

He can't, he just can't.................*has done a 180 on whole trade him now stance*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom