Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #466
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:55 AM
When we were evacuated to the tornado shelter area at work and I looked out the window and saw pitch black, I thought this is it, we are actually gonna get hit. I have never ever seen day turn into night like that..............Customers wanted to be allowed to shop (yes, you bet, I will sell you that polo shirt )or go outside and we all hunkered down in our shelter area. The sirens were going off, funnels were being sighted, hail the size of golf balls was being reported (we knew all of this courtesy of Ken and his wonderful cell phone)
Unreal day.

They just showed Chicago and the tornado/funnel that went thru that area. It would touchdown and then go back up............it went right over the heart of the city they said.

One of our stores was closed at 4:50 because they were in the line of a funnel that was headed towards the zoo, the Domes, Miller Park, then downtown and finally UWM college campus.

I can't imagine all of that being gone, just can't

Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 06:55 AM
I can't believe people still wanted to shop. Well, yes I can, some people are idiots

Hope you guys make it through the bad weather okay .

My sister and I were in Orlando Friday night and yesterday. It was so hot. Not as hot as where arw is, but close.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #468
ONE
love, blood, life

Ok, computer will be shut down once again.................
Emergency alerts going off again on the radio, tv and weather radio is going nuts again. More flooding potential and 80-90 mph winds possible *woot*

My vacation project was to clean off the extra hard drive and burn the downloaded torrents.......................it isn't gonna happen if the bad weather keeps up
Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #469
ONE
love, blood, life

Orlando sounds wonderful right now, hope you had fun! What did you do? Disney? Universal?
Old 06-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #470
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Universal
Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #471
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
When we were evacuated to the tornado shelter area at work and I looked out the window and saw pitch black, I thought this is it, we are actually gonna get hit. I have never ever seen day turn into night like that..............Customers wanted to be allowed to shop (yes, you bet, I will sell you that polo shirt )or go outside and we all hunkered down in our shelter area. The sirens were going off, funnels were being sighted, hail the size of golf balls was being reported (we knew all of this courtesy of Ken and his wonderful cell phone)
Unreal day.

They just showed Chicago and the tornado/funnel that went thru that area. It would touchdown and then go back up............it went right over the heart of the city they said.

One of our stores was closed at 4:50 because they were in the line of a funnel that was headed towards the zoo, the Domes, Miller Park, then downtown and finally UWM college campus.

I can't imagine all of that being gone, just can't

you've had quite the year of weather in WI haven't you?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #472
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I saw Sex and the City today. I never once watched the show but my sister really wanted to see it so I went. Plus I have been craving movie popcorn all week I'm not sure where that came from.

Anyways, I thought it was actually really good for never seeing the show and not knowing the characters. The opening does a good recap so you don't feel lost on what's going on. It was good but a little too long. I was ready to be done when there was still close to an hour left. It certainly doesn't make me want to run out and rent all of the episodes but I'm glad I went.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #473
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
you've had quite the year of weather in WI haven't you?
Yes *whimper*
Storms last night with more heavy rain = water in the basement. Mother Nature seems to have other plans for my vacation. It seems that the sump pump just can't handle all the water.........the ground is just saturated. Even with that problem I feel amazingly lucky. The subdivision next to us had flooding and I mean FLOODING. People walking in chest deep water
One of my father's friends lost everything in his basement

The heavy, heavy rain seems to be over.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #474
ONE
love, blood, life

I watch Sex In The City every once in awhile on tv...............it is one of those tv shows I mean to rent and watch but just don't
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #475
arw
Blue Crack Addict

oh happy day.................

I was going to call the phone co to find out why I couldn't get the cd to work on the laptop. I have been dreading calling but today was going to be the day. Well...looks like my sister's boyfriend either knew how to do it himself without calling or he called because I'm online on the laptop in the living room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! No more waiting for the boyfriend to leave his room so I can be online. He's the one that installed the cd when they got the laptop last year but he told us he had to call because he didn't understand how to do it. We're a great computer team between the 3 of us. I just came out to the living room to see where the phone # was for the phone co and I noticed the laptop was open and on a webpage.

It took 4 weeks and 1 day to fix this thing.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #476
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I could sit here all day

I do need to find a 2nd job today All of the places I thought I'd like to work for are not hiring or not hiring for my availability so........not I don't know where to go. The mall is too far away for me to work. I don't want to drive too far out of my daily loop with gas the price that it is. I really want to work at a bakery but unfortunately most of the people I work with have worked at all of the bakeries near the resort and don't have a lot of positive things to say about the places, which is why they found the resort to work at. Plus, the Scottsdale Culinary Institute is not too far from me so I'm sure there's a lot of students out there looking for the same jobs I am. The same thing happened to me last year in MN. There is a gourmet grocery store nearby that I love but I don't think they are hiring in the bakery. I want a cake decorator job so I can get good at writing on cakes and making borders for the rare cakes at work that I get to make.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #477
ONE
love, blood, life

Congrats on the fixed computer............
Good luck on the job hunting.

Back to the basement for me
Lake Delton (up by the Dells) overflowed, created a sinkhole and ran into the WI river. When it did that it took 3 houses with it. People at a resort are just watching as pieces of the houses go by. Another video showed people standing too close to another house that had gone into the water.............the house is still moving and the ground is just collapsing

I will take a little bit of water in the basement, thankyouverymuch.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #478
ONE
love, blood, life

I seriously just want to cry watching those houses fall into the lake, river?
They just said Lake Delton is gone...............it drained into the sinkhole and the river................That lake is SUCH a part of WI Dells......... they said the water ski shows are no more,
Old 06-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #479
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
I seriously just want to cry watching those houses fall into the lake, river?
They just said Lake Delton is gone...............it drained into the sinkhole and the river................That lake is SUCH a part of WI Dells......... they said the water ski shows are no more,

I remember seeing the water show as a kid at the Dells. I can't believe how hard you are getting hit while a few hours away in the Twin Cities, my parents are getting light rain and occassional hail and that's it.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #480
arw
Blue Crack Addict

it's so hot out today. Currently it's 99 but I think it's supposed to be close to 105 soon. My sister says that's nothing.