Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this on the radio coming home from work yesterday and I wondered what you thought of it. What if he goes to Chicago or Minnesota?? YIKES!

I am just thrilled (read: angered) by this crap. I am sick of him doing this. Do I believe he is the way to get closest to the Superbowl, yes. Am I ready to see what Aaron (I just can't call him A-Rod like other do) Rodgers can do? The answer is also yes.
If he comes back, it is a commitment for the remainder of his contract and he has to compete with Aaron R for the job.................even then I am not terribly thrilled.
I don't know what exactly went on behind closed doors/texts/phone calls but I am getting sick of some fans blaming TT and MM for everything............Brett is a adult and accountable for his actions and all this coming out in public after Aaron made the "shut up and get onboard" comment makes me think that Brett took advantage of the timing.
If he is traded, it will be hopefully to a team the Pack doesn't play unless it would be in the playoffs.
My feelings are all over the place. It was a amazing run during Brett's time here and I am thankful for all the fun provided, but I am ready to move on too.

Did any of that make sense? *blames rambling response on lack of sleep and dull migraine coming on*

I think the Favre family should just stop being Brett's mouthpiece. Brett should be a man and stop hiding behind his mom, brother and his agent. If you got a problem with TT, come right out and say it.

Sounds like Brett has the ego problem. By the way, TT is his boss. Even though Brett makes astronomically more than TT, TT still calls the personnel shots and Brett appears not to grasp that fact.

You know who I don't want to hear from anymore? Favre's brother. Add to this his mother, his uncle, his third cousin, that guy who bags his groceries, etc. I'm sick of Favre talking through other people. I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected
Packer forums are turning against BF.................this is all so sad :(

Now this:
Can't keep track with all the threads.

But King says this in his latest article.

"The reason the Packers will not give Favre his freedom is simple. His team of choice is Minnesota, in my opinion, in large part because Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is a good friend of Favre's dating back to the three years (2003-05) Bevell was his quarterback coach in Green Bay."

Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'. If they want a SB badly enough, hey go for it. As much as I hate those purple a-holes, being able to say (if they won it all) that it took 4 ex-Packers added to the roster to FINALLY get it done in MN would be a small but very real consolation, add to that since they couldn't beat him they had to join him.

That first game of the season could be :crack:

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:42 pm Post subject: Pack: Come On Back ... As A Backup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN - Packers GM, coach say team won't release Favre despite request - NFL

Packers GM, coach say team won't release Favre despite request

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach say they don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for his release.

GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy told The Associated Press on Saturday that the star quarterback was welcome to rejoin the team but would have to be a backup.

It was their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week. Favre held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6.

Thompson and McCarthy did not want to discuss a possible trade. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries as of Saturday morning.
Here we go

I just found another person who thinks tomorrow is spelled "tomarrow." We need to put an end to this epidemic, NOW.

Hi BR and fah :wave:

Today was a shopping day, buying clothes. It is wrong that 7 bras cost more than 4 shorts, 2 slacks, 2 capri pants and 9 pairs of socks combined :reject:

No. Bras are expensive, and never go on sale unless you want something visible under a shirt or that offers no support. All that other stuff goes on sale, especially now that fall lines are arriving at stores.

No shopping for me until we (fah family) hit the stores in Oregon...

The mini fahs (who aren't quite so mini anymore) are exciting about AE and Quicksilver shopping for clothes.

Me, I need a new pair of jeans badly :help:

and now for my next trick, N and I will play phone tag ~ she's it!

Bra shopping :crack: I think that is part of what my anniversary gift card will be spent on.

I just found another person who thinks tomorrow is spelled "tomarrow." We need to put an end to this epidemic, NOW.

While we're at it, can we also put an end to the epidemic of headlines such as "Boy fractures his skull at Cubs game." This was even on yahoo news, but I've seen such things other places, including our local newspaper. Come on, people--the boy didn't fracture his skull; his skull was fractured. By a foul ball.

I think that same storm came through here this morning, too. I love sleeping during thunderstorms. :)

I'm going to Virginia on Thursday for my mother's family's reunion (we lost Mom in 2001, but her sister and one brother are still with us, as well as a buttload of cousins--as long as her sister and brother are alive, I want to be sure to see them all I can), so I'm doing laundry and some packing this weekend so I won't be freaking like Daffy Duck on Wednesday evening, trying to get ready after three days of what will be stress at work.

Shari is confuzzled too.

Favre retirement timeline
By Tom Silverstein
Saturday, Jul 12 2008, 06:06 PM
The following is a timeline provided by Packers general manager Ted Thompson of the off-season dealings with quarterback Brett Favre. All of the information comes from Thompson and several sources close to Favre did not return phone messages seeking verification of Thompson's account.

Jan. 20, 2008 - The Packers lose in overtime to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship Game. Both Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy speak briefly to Favre before he returns home to Hattiesburg, Miss.
Jan. 30 - McCarthy and Favre are both at the Super Bowl media center in Phoenix to collect post-season awards and spent about an hour chatting. The two talk again when McCarthy is at the Pro Bowl in Honolulu and later when McCarthy returns home.
Feb. 22 - Sometime during the scouting combine Thompson calls Favre because he had heard reports that the quarterback was mad he hadn't called him. "I called him and he said, 'Well I don't know where you're getting that from, because that's not true.'" Thompson said he reassured Favre he was wanted back and told him McCarthy would be the one communicating with him most often.
Feb. 25 - McCarthy calls Favre on trip back from combine and discusses how he might be able to lesson the quarterback's load and whether Favre can commit 100%.
Feb. 29 - Favre calls McCarthy and tells him if he had to make a decision now, he would retire. McCarthy tells him to think about it over the weekend and both think Favre will play. "Mike talked to him about, ‘Well, what if we change (reduce) some reps or off-season things' and things like that and he was pretty sure that he wanted to retire."
March 3 - Favre calls McCarthy at a function in Austin, Texas, and tells him he's retiring. McCarthy asked if he needed more time and he said no. Favre tells him he can't commit 100%. McCarthy flies back to Green Bay.
March 4 - Thompson, McCarthy and public relations director Jeff Blumb are in Thompson's office and Blumb reaches Favre on his cell phone. "Jeff spoke for a few minutes and then I talked to Brett for I don't know, 20 minutes, 15 minutes, something like that. We got to the point where he wanted to go ahead and make the announcement here and then I think Jeff got back on the phone and then they worked it out that he would come up here and do the press conference."
March 6 - Favre conducts retirement press conference.
Week of March 24 - Offensive line coach James Campen, who is visiting Louisiana, stops in to see Favre at his Mississippi home and is asked by Favre whether he thinks the Packers would take him back. Campen reports the conversation to McCarthy and Thompson. McCarthy calls Favre and hears the same things Campen did.
March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy decide they would be fine with Favre returning even though Aaron Rodgers is set to begin off-season workouts as the starter, and they inform Favre. "Mike said, ‘Ted and I talked and we said, fine.' But we'd like to come see you, and Brett was kind of excited that we were coming to see him." In preparation to leave for the owners meetings in West Palm Beach, March 30-April 3, they arrange to meet with Favre and wife, Deanna.
March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg on April 1 to make plans for Favre's return. McCarthy is leaving for evening Mass when Favre calls to inform him he has changed his mind. "We were all set for them, but Brett called back and that he and Deanna had a long talk about it and they were going to stick with their original decision."
May 6 - Thompson is down South and decides to pay a visit to Favre at his home. "I called him and said I am thinking about seeing you, I don't have any agenda or anything. So I did, I went and visited. Had lunch sat out on the veranda. We had a long talk and good talk. Nothing really came up other than like with any retired player, you could tell there were a few things that he would throw in there; 'there might be some doubts, I may change my mind,' or something like that. And that was that."
June 8 - Campen goes to Favre's home and has a long talk with Favre and leaves feeling Favre wants to return.
June 20 -- Favre calls McCarthy and the two have a 45-minute conversation in which Favre tells him he might want to play again. "There was more wondering, you know, what ifs." McCarthy and Thompson go on vacation for the July 4th weekend.
July 4 - Thompson receives a text message from Favre and sends a message back at about 8 p.m. back telling him he's traveling and can they talk on Monday? "By Monday I hadn't heard back from him. I sent him back a text saying, ‘Haven't heard from ya, hope you're getting these messages, can we talk Tuesday at noon?' He got back to me and said 'OK,' that it would be better sooner, but I was kind of doing some other things so we set up a conference call."
July 8 - Favre and his agent, James (Bus) Cook ask Thompson for Favre's release during the conference call. It's understood Favre won't be the starter in Green Bay. "There were, I think, conversations with Mike where both parties acknowledged that time had gone by and the Packers had been asked to move on, or move forward, or whatever. That's what they were thinking there (about asking for his release)."
July 11 - Thompson receives a letter from Favre and Cook formally asking for Favre to be released.
Filed under: Brett Favre
To sum up:
Brett threw a interception in the NFC championship game that lost them the game. Brett was tired and emotional and announced his retirement. Brett changed his mind and wanted to come back ~Packer Org. said ok. Brett changed his mind and stayed retired. Brett got the itch and wanted to come back again~ Packers said yes. Brett changed his mind and again remained retired. Brett changed his mind and wanted to play again ~Packers are ok with this, but inform him that he will be back up for Aaron or has to compete for job. Brett asks for unconditional release from Packers so he can play again somewhere since the Packers clearly don't want him anymore. :crack::banghead::crack:..............................Never once was he told no, you can't come back. All that talk about Sterling Sharp, Javon Walker, McKenzie not being team players.......................Look in the mirror Brett. Pot/ Tea Kettle.

Just like a man with PMS :huh:

Perfect day for the Ren Faire

The way the whole Brett Favre thing is going, I see him back in a Packer uniform. I don't know how to feel about this...............:confused::headspinning: Now it is being reported that Ted Thompson was misquoted when it was reported that Brett would be welcome to come back as a back-up to Aaron. Now the spin is that Ted said he would be welcomed back to the Packers ~ no specified position.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
From Packer Rats Forum:
I had a theory that because he was already under contract, that he didn't need Bus Cook involved if he just wanted to return to the Packers. I still have my suspicions that he wanted out of GB all along. That's why Bus is involved. And that's why he welched on his March deal to come back.

But it's just a theory.
:scratch: I am beginning to wonder

Shari is confuzzled too.

To sum up:
Brett threw a interception in the NFC championship game that lost them the game. Brett was tired and emotional and announced his retirement. Brett changed his mind and wanted to come back ~Packer Org. said ok. Brett changed his mind and stayed retired. Brett got the itch and wanted to come back again~ Packers said yes. Brett changed his mind and again remained retired. Brett changed his mind and wanted to play again ~Packers are ok with this, but inform him that he will be back up for Aaron or has to compete for job. Brett asks for unconditional release from Packers so he can play again somewhere since the Packers clearly don't want him anymore. :crack::banghead::crack:..............................Never once was he told no, you can't come back. All that talk about Sterling Sharp, Javon Walker, McKenzie not being team players.......................Look in the mirror Brett. Pot/ Tea Kettle.

Just like a man with PMS :huh:

so I don't get why they won't release him.

Home from Ren Faire ~ Perfect day :)

Will, as in Shakespeare, said he loved me *hee*
Watched some acrobats
Saw quite a few musical acts that I don't see when I go with N.
Saw the Falconer and the final joust of the day and encouraged J to spend $$$$$$$. We both liked the same necklace; J bought it.
Vegetable tempura and some outrageous maple walnut fudge :drool: ( I just bit into a piece of fudge with a whole walnut ~ OMG, heaven!) also had a iced coffee drink with whipped cream and chocolate sauce that led a music performer to say, "you, the one who just sat down in the front row, you are evil"............the coffee was :up:.

I am so tired :yawn:

so I don't get why they won't release him.
The fear of having to play against him is what it seems to come down to. Fan support is also part of it. There are Packer fans who respect Favre and thank him for what he has done but are ready to move on and then there are Favre fans who put Favre first above the Packers. There are actually rallys scheduled to support Favre and drive TT and MM into bringing him back as a starter ~ damn Aaron Rodgers is there attitude.

I have a feeling Favre will be back............I have to keep telling myself it is a business, it is a business, it is a business.

CC Sabathia hits home runs and wins games with his pitching :heart:
ok now I am going......................

:huh: wow. At least he speaks. But FOX news? Really? Iknow she is a WI native and a Packer fan, but really? FOX news? :huh:

FAVRE TO SPEAK ON FOX NEWS
Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2008, 3:03 p.m.
Packers quarterback Brett Favre will end his silence regarding the recent events surrounding his unretirement via an exclusive interview with . . . Greta Van Susteren?

Seriously.

Favre was interviewed on Monday by Van Susteren, who likely doesn’t know whether you put air in a football or give it a facelift, and who hosts an evening show on the Fox News Channel.

In a crypic blurb on her show’s web site, Van Susteren says that Favre “accepts” the decision of G.M. Ted Thompson not to grant his release, but she also reiterates Favre’s desire to exit the Packers.

The interview will air Monday night on Fox News Channel at 10:00 p.m. EDT. (Even Keith Olbermann will be watching.) In a photo on the Van Susteren site, Favre is seen talking to her in his normal appearance — unshaven, gray T-shirt, and camo shorts. Amazingly, however, he is wearing shoes. And socks.

Regardless of the potential impact of Favre’s words on his football career, the selection of FOX News and Van Susteren will raise eyebrows with folks like Chris Mortensen and Peter King and Jay Glazer and Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald and others who undoubtedly have tried to put themselves in position to get this “get.”

:love: I got a promotion and a raise today. It came out of the blue too. We had a very stressful few days due to tastings and visitors. My Chef was a madman. I was really dreading going today and it ended up being worse than I expected. :tsk: However, today is the last day until August that I'll work with him because he's on vacation now. So when I left I said goodbye and he turned around and hugged me :huh: and then said he put in for a status change and a raise for me. It's actually long overdue. I should have at least gotten a little bump in pay after 90 days but he didn't think I was ready. That wasn't due to my perfomance but because he kept rotating me around that he felt I was actually a little behind where he thought I should be. That's because just when I got an area down he would move me :angry: So anyways....it was a nice way to end today. I'm not too thrilled with the amount he gave me but it'll do. I thought it would be a tad more but I wasn't expecting this for at least another month so I won't complain. And now I'm off until next Monday so I have time to relax, clean, shop for an outfit for my cousin's wedding next month :barf:, and then go to Vegas for a few days. :D

:love: I got a promotion and a raise today. It came out of the blue too. We had a very stressful few days due to tastings and visitors. My Chef was a madman. I was really dreading going today and it ended up being worse than I expected. :tsk: However, today is the last day until August that I'll work with him because he's on vacation now. So when I left I said goodbye and he turned around and hugged me :huh: and then said he put in for a status change and a raise for me. It's actually long overdue. I should have at least gotten a little bump in pay after 90 days but he didn't think I was ready. That wasn't due to my perfomance but because he kept rotating me around that he felt I was actually a little behind where he thought I should be. That's because just when I got an area down he would move me :angry: So anyways....it was a nice way to end today. I'm not too thrilled with the amount he gave me but it'll do. I thought it would be a tad more but I wasn't expecting this for at least another month so I won't complain. And now I'm off until next Monday so I have time to relax, clean, shop for an outfit for my cousin's wedding next month :barf:, and then go to Vegas for a few days. :D

:applaud: Congrats!! Any raise is a good raise!

I think that same storm came through here this morning, too. I love sleeping during thunderstorms. :)

I found the tree that was stuck by lightning! It was on my commute to work this morning, and it was pretty much split in half.

Enough of the severe thunderstorms, please. My friend's parents told him this is the worst year they've had since they moved here 30 years ago. SO glad I'm here to experience it. :grumpy:

And...

OMG REAL old friends have found me on Facebook. Amanda, you started a happy trend this week in which people I actually WANTED to find me were found. A bunch of my old skater girls have appeared! :D

And...

OMG REAL old friends have found me on Facebook. Amanda, you started a happy trend this week in which people I actually WANTED to find me were found. A bunch of my old skater girls have appeared! :D

facebook is crazy. One of my cousins married a girl that was a grade younger than me. They didn't know each other when I knew her; they met in college. She friended me the other day which led to someone else and that someone else has well over 500 people on their list. :crazy: I think I know like 15 people and I'm related to most :der: :reject: But honestly, most of my really close friends from home are not on there. Plus I text and email with them so often that why do we need facebook?

facebook is crazy. One of my cousins married a girl that was a grade younger than me. They didn't know each other when I knew her; they met in college. She friended me the other day which led to someone else and that someone else has well over 500 people on their list. :crazy: I think I know like 15 people and I'm related to most :der: :reject: But honestly, most of my really close friends from home are not on there. Plus I text and email with them so often that why do we need facebook?

Because! Now you can send flowers and eggs that hatch candy and take surveys and quizzes and have flair boards and see pictures and stuff!

And it's something to kill time on break at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom