Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one of those too!
Best friends, drifting apart, she hooked up with another gal, made my life a living hell, we graduated, she contacted me to be a bridesmaid :|...............yeah, well, no

We weren't even best friends. We sat at the same table in art class, and we giggled and had fun, but then I had to switch tables when she got mean. :huh: Part of me is convinced they're all still making fun of me...but that was 15 years ago. Who the hell even cares anymore?

Off to kickball...late game tonight!

The people I went to high school with, really I could care less about seeing them again.

The people in college were great though. I wish they had college reunions - have all the people in your major that you graduated with, something like that. There were some cool people in college.

Storm over. The neighbor gal was outside watching some clouds (I won't do that anymore cuz a WI boy was just killed by lightening while watching a storm come in). I was watching those clouds too. I thought I saw a little bit of swirling a.k.a. rotation but wasn't sure. I became a little more certain when she called for her cousin and father to come take a look at the clouds......................a very short time later the local weather gut came on tv and showed the radar............he mentioned rotation being spotted over our area. That was the excitement for the night.

I just spent an hour on the phone with my former, former boss. I truly love that lady :heart: Her granddaughter has been in the hospital for a week............bleeding on the brain. They can't find the cause. They have run CT scans, angiograms, and all sorts of other tests. She lost the ability to move the right side of her body :(. No tumor was found in any of the tests. They moved her out of ICU a couple days ago so she seems to be doing better. Em is now in physical therapy learning how to walk again.

I just spent an hour on the phone with my former, former boss. I truly love that lady :heart: Her granddaughter has been in the hospital for a week............bleeding on the brain. They can't find the cause. They have run CT scans, angiograms, and all sorts of other tests. She lost the ability to move the right side of her body :(. No tumor was found in any of the tests. They moved her out of ICU a couple days ago so she seems to be doing better. Em is now in physical therapy learning how to walk again.

:yikes: how scary? How old is the granddaughter?

It is absolutely pouring out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :drool: :love: They always say it's going to rain but I've really yet to see it since I moved here. It rained the first week, then a few days in April and then nothing since. I'm so excited right now. I have the blinds open in the living room to watch. :love:

In other fun news....the rain has knocked out Dish so we now have no TV to watch :angry:

Thanks for everything but I can't help but feel a little bit angry at the flipflopper

:mad:

Feeling a little a lot spiteful here.

Unconditional release my ass..............get something for him.

Screw this do not release him or trade him. If he wants to play he plays in the Green and Gold. We can just have a REAL expensive third stringer
^found on a Packer forum
:hmm: in the mood I am currently in, I like this.

He still isn't speaking for himself :mad:
This kind of crap bugs the hell out of me. One small interview with the local tv station in MS with Brett saying, I want to play again is all that would have needed to hear.............but no, it is still his agent, brother, mother.
I know you have a voice, Brett, try using it now. I want to have a little respect for you.
From retirement press conference:
"It's demanding. I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge
sooooooooo learning another teams playbook isn't challenging? :huh:

Statement From The Green Bay Packers Organization

posted 07/11/2008

The Green Bay Packers are aware of the latest developments regarding Brett Favre.

Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms. We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion.

Brett's press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement.

The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team.

As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team.

As with all Packers greats, Brett's legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions.

Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.
:up:

I'm really glad this (work) week is over :sigh:

Like I said before, players who make a big deal out of retiring, then "unretire", really annoy me. Plus, I'm sure the Packers were tired of his "will I/won't I" play that occurred at the end of the last few seasons.

Pack want Favre as backup?
A Brett Favre comeback plan? Looks more like a backup plan.
The Packers legend asked the team for his unconditional release on Friday, but the organization has no intention of granting that request, FOXSports.com has learned. If anything, sources say, the team is prepared to welcome Favre back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers has worked as the team's starter for the last five months and Green Bay has been operating under that assumption since Favre announced his retirement in the beginning of March. Favre re-affirmed his decision to retire at the end of March.

At this point, Green Bay would trade Favre before releasing him, sources indicate. The team has the cap space to take on Favre's huge salary, but it would rather deal him than give him up for nothing, if those were the two options.

Friday's letter asking for his release is just the latest in what has been quite a soap opera involving Favre and the team this offseason.

As word of his desire to play leaked out, the team has treated the news largely as hearsay, as this is not the first time this offseason that Favre has made such a request.

In late March during the NFL Owners Meeting Favre informed the team he wanted to play again, multiple sources have told FOXSports.com. Not only did he insist he was returning, both head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson agreed that he still had something left and they would welcome him back. Despite the fact that those close to Favre have stated Thompson did not want Favre back, Thompson was the deciding factor in agreeing it was not too late to have him un-retire at that time and start for the Packers in 2008.

In fact, team brass went as far as chartering a jet to fly to Mississippi to make it official later that week. The agreement was that the NFL's all-time leading passer would return for the year but help make it easier and palatable for Aaron Rodgers, who would have to wait another season to take the helm.

The group was set for this huge move when Favre suddenly phoned the team two days before the meeting was to take place and informed McCarthy that he had changed his mind yet again and was staying retired. While team officials were stunned by Favre's reversal, they made the decision to move on and draft his replacement, a move that Favre at the time understood. The Packers selected two quarterbacks in April's draft, Louisville's Brian Brohm in the 2nd round and LSU's Matt Flynn in the 7th round.

Then, a few weeks ago, Favre phoned the team stating he had that "itch" again to play. However, since he had jilted the Packers in March, the team simply took his latest request with a grain of salt. In addition, the team has put considerable time and attention into making Rodgers comfortable as the heir apparent.

The bottom line at this point is the soap opera is unfortunately growing and likely won't die any time soon.

Dude, you can only cry wolf so many times

:lmao: I feel the same way about some of the people I went to school with!

Okay, good! I'm glad it's not just me! I want to ask her but then I think she WILL make fun of me! :D

:angry: I had quite the day today. I'm really tired of my coworkers interupting me when I ask a supervisor a question. Apparently it's perfectly ok for people in this industry who are a level or two higher than me to think they're my boss. :rolleyes: I had a conversation with a supervisor at 10 am. I had a follow up question for him at 2 pm, 4 full hours later, and someone that just got that right at 2 pm felt the need to answer for him and then belittle me like I was some stupid ass for asking the question. Yet it made perfect sense to my supervisor who stood there staring at her like WTF are you talking about. I blew up and asked if her name was S...if not then do not answer for him. He agreed :yes: and then we continued our conversation while she tried to again interupt and act like I asked a dumb question. She spent the next hour of my shift slamming things on the tables. It's daily with this particular girl. She thinks because she's worked in this industry since high school that she's all that. Somedays I really hate that I work in a place with so many people. I almost wished I would have gone smaller when finding a job. People at my work really don't know how to keep their mouths shut and keep to themselves. Another coworker who has been there for over 10 years said the group that works there now is the worst she's ever seen in any kitchen. /work rant.

:angry::angry::angry:

^:yikes: about the interupter and :applaud: to you for standing up to her
score arw 1; interupter 0 (esp. since the supervisor agreed). She is not too bright if she did it again after the first admonishment. Me thinks she feels threatened by someone with more talent.

I am absolutely, completely, totally exhausted....physically and mentally. The 2 months of being slammed with work day in day out at job 1 officially started this week. I've done OT the last 3 days and am already commited for 2 hours each Mon/Tues. I actually have the whole weekend off and I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done so I'm going to try to cram it all in tomorrow so I can do nothing at all on Sunday.

:uhoh: Big storm already this morning. I was enjoying lazing around in bed listening to the thunder until there was a really BIG crash which I've learned to mean lightning has struck a tree within a few blocks. That got me up.

I actually have the whole weekend off and I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done so I'm going to try to cram it all in tomorrow so I can do nothing at all on Sunday.

I understand that completely. I have been so on the go lately I just needed a day to do nothing. It was great, but now I have to catch up again. :(

We had a guest instructor or substitute or something for my kickboxing class this morning. He decided we weren't going to do much kickboxing- he was more into Boot Camp. He had us run around the gym and up and down the stairs. :huh:

:up: for beig insured. I kept my plan the way it was;they tried to get us to drop it down to a lesser one. The lesser one meant having to get referrals from the internist to go to any other Dr. I like the ability to just be able to make an appt. with anyone, any time.

New schedule came out.............When I get done with my 8 days straight I will have 5 days off :crack:. I only asked off for the weekend................I got off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday :sigh: then I work 1 day and then have a day off. I then work 3 and then begin vacation. Too much time off, lately.

Got my $150 gift card for my anniversary today :up:. I also got a pin with the amount of years worked.

Belated anniversary wishes for you :hug:

I am on holidays :dance:

No work for me until August 7th...

We leave on Monday and I have packed nothing :ohmy:

:uhoh: Big storm already this morning. I was enjoying lazing around in bed listening to the thunder until there was a really BIG crash which I've learned to mean lightning has struck a tree within a few blocks. That got me up.

Something rolled thru here in the wee small hours cuz the weather alert radio went off :crack:..........the warning was for Jefferson County. I swear that that county is just gonna start floating this way............and also that Mother Nature is still trying to mess with my plans since that is the way J drives to get here (of course if it starts to float this way J can just turn off the car and save some gas :shrug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom