Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bored and just went to a website of funny signs and this was on the front page and I didn't get it:

128-93.gif

This is in Massachusetts, and we take it to get to my aunt's house. There's a good reason why it's 93 North/128 South at the same time but I can't remember; something about making Boston easier to get around (irony in sooooo many ways). I had to think about why it was funny for a minute.

The roomie went to his new gig in another city a night early and literally ALL of our friends were out of town all weekend and I think I'm going stir crazy from spending so much time wit myself.

Just caught the new gig thing............same company, new position?
Sorry about the sitr crazy-ness

New Gaelic Storm arrived today :heart:

2. Favre. If you are having second thoughts about retiring, come out and speak for yourself. Don't have your mommy, your brother or your agent do it for you. He has really put the Packers in a bad situation by doing this and I have lost some respect for him. Sad.

I hate it when athletes retire, make a big deal out of it, then unretire, then retire again, then unretire . . . annoying.

I found out this afternoon that one of the seniors who comes to the center everyday had died. Actually, he had been found dead in his apartment today by some friends who had been trying to get in touch with him. They found him in his lounge chair.

I feel awful - he was just at the center yesterday morning. He had heart problems and was way overweight, but he wasn't that old (he was in his seventies).

This sucks :(

Just caught the new gig thing............same company, new position?
Sorry about the sitr crazy-ness

New Gaelic Storm arrived today :heart:

Same company, TWO positions! He is now the manager of a smaller station, and a manager in Indy. He chose schmoozing with the airport manager of the new place in a suite at their AA baseball team's stadium over me, can you believe it? :angry:

...and the thunder is starting. I think we're under a tornado warning. Not cool.

I no its too late but, im thinking of applying for uni this year. Im told there is still some time left but it could be very hit or miss.
My plan was to take a year out working but it looks like nothing might come up so i might just bite the bullet and go uni this year.

What do you all think.

It might be too late though, they might think im not taking it serious.

I no its too late but, im thinking of applying for uni this year. Im told there is still some time left but it could be very hit or miss.
My plan was to take a year out working but it looks like nothing might come up so i might just bite the bullet and go uni this year.

What do you all think.

I did not take a year off, as I would have liked, so I ended up dropping out of college twice. I did graduate but got a worthless degree that I'm still trying to pay off the loans for. I ended up going back for what I really wanted to do last year. So I say if you don't know what you really want to do with your life, take the time off to think about it. But just make sure you make a committment to yourself that it will only be a year. I've seen too many people decide to take that year off and then they never end up going at all. School is important but it's an expensive committment so don't rush it unless you have some sort of major in mind.

^ Cheers for the advice. I know a lot of people too who have dropped out without even doing a year and have loads of loans to repay.

I found out this afternoon that one of the seniors who comes to the center everyday had died. Actually, he had been found dead in his apartment today by some friends who had been trying to get in touch with him. They found him in his lounge chair.

I feel awful - he was just at the center yesterday morning. He had heart problems and was way overweight, but he wasn't that old (he was in his seventies).

Kelly, that is so sad! We can only hope that he went in his sleep (like we all hope!), with no pain. It makes me sad to think that he might have been in pain, all alone. Waaaaaaaaaaa! :sad:

I hate it when athletes retire, make a big deal out of it, then unretire, then retire again, then unretire . . . annoying.

so sad :( It is hard to grasp death at all but when it is so sudden it really doesn't seem real.............it is hard to put into words :hug: All my co-workers and I spent weeks expecting Maryanne to come into work and we all knew better...........

Day 8 done, finished, finito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Just in the nick of time too. Migraine last night that carried over into today. Got home from work last night and the ice bag hit the head and I was out.

Instant credit crap at work making for some really low morale. I begrudgingly have to give my new boss a bit of respect for his views on a way to get them...........he doesn't believe in bribery..................unlike a certain cosmetics dept. in the store. they can do it but no one else can :down: Needless to say, it is causing a lot of hard feelings in the store..........we are quite divided. :happy:

so sad :( It is hard to grasp death at all but when it is so sudden it really doesn't seem real.............it is hard to put into words :hug: All my co-workers and I spent weeks expecting Maryanne to come into work and we all knew better...........

Yeah, I saw a guy with a similar build outside of the center and I had to do a double take because at first I thought, "Oh, there he is."

We are officially on a hiring freeze at work now. And we may get "bonuses" instead of raises - which is fine for now, but since raises are based on percentages, we'll get screwed in a couple of years.

Sorry about your migraine :hug:

I just watched Wife Swap because one family was from Rhode Island. :der: I think I killed about 100 brain cells. But I'm pretty sure they live in TheBucket- I mean, Pawtucket.

I missed this yesterday- that's so sad. :( Seventies is not old at all these days.

I just watched Wife Swap because one family was from Rhode Island. :der: I think I killed about 100 brain cells. But I'm pretty sure they live in TheBucket- I mean, Pawtucket.

I think of you everytime I watch The Family Guy. Not that there is any resemblence between you and the characters, it is set in Rhode Island.

I have just spent the better part of the knight, er I mean night, watching trailers of The Dark Knight :drool: . That looks freakin' A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!

We are officially on a hiring freeze at work now. And we may get "bonuses" instead of raises - which is fine for now, but since raises are based on percentages, we'll get screwed in a couple of years.

I have heard the term hiring freeze so often lately. A co-worker had just gotten hired at the local airline and he was thrilled. They called a week later and rescinded the offer...............hiring freeze. His sister works for that airline as a counter agent and put the feelers out for another job at another airline only to be told that they had a hiring freeze.
It is scary out there.

:sad: I also missed this post. how sad.

today I need to:

go to the grocery store :angry:
clean the kitchen
cook a healthy meal
finish my laundry, fold it all, and put it away

OR

I could just stay put on the couch and do absolutely nothing.

:hmm:

ok so I went to the store but so far I haven't been able to put anything away other than the frozen items. :lazy: I just can't get motivated to do anything today.

you know facebook is an odd thing. No one I know is on it. The few people I do have as friends have tons and tons of people on their lists. I've searched for just about everyone in the world I can think of and no one comes up. I'm really surprised about my class from school more than anything.

ok so I went to the store but so far I haven't been able to put anything away other than the frozen items. :lazy: I just can't get motivated to do anything today.

Sounds like my day.

It is warm and now a "S" is moving towards us from MN. Storms.

I was a good girl and made a Dr. appt for the middle of Aug. ~biggest accomplishment all day.

This weekend was supposed to be the air show. Thunderbirds no more.
Now to have a air show experience I will have to sit outside and watch the flight paths of the planes coming in and out of Mitchell Field. Not quite the same.
The Chicago Air and Water Show with the Blue Angels is Irish Fest weekend *snarl*

you know facebook is an odd thing. No one I know is on it. The few people I do have as friends have tons and tons of people on their lists. I've searched for just about everyone in the world I can think of and no one comes up. I'm really surprised about my class from school more than anything.

I have a reunion place that somehow got me on their e-mail list...........not interested.

I think of you everytime I watch The Family Guy. Not that there is any resemblence between you and the characters, it is set in Rhode Island.

I have just spent the better part of the knight, er I mean night, watching trailers of The Dark Knight :drool: . That looks freakin' A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!

Other than the character Meg who kinda looks like me at 14? :wink: There was an episode where Peter was mad at Meg and every time they said her name he's blow a little raspberry. The next day at work was fun...every time someone said my name the guy at the bank whose job I got would do the same thing.

There are long, serious, INSANE debates over which RI city Quahog is supposed to be. They analyze the oder of the buildings in the Providence skyline in the background, they debates, "Well, in episode 24, scene 3a, Peter said he was taking Route 10 South to get to Providence so CLEARLY they are in Pawtucket!" and it goes on.

Let me know if you want to know who their schools are named after. :nerd:

One of my newest "friends" has sent me messages and wrote on my FunWall (which I'm not sure how I got or how to use)...and the thing is, we were friends for like part of 7th grade before she started picking on me, and then she stole my lunch in 9th grade and ate it right in front of me. And now she's like, "OMG, my BFF! How did we lose touch?!?!?" She must think I'm someone else.

ok so the kitchen is sort of cleaned up. Well at least the dishwasher was emptied and then filled again. The groceries are put away. Fruit is washed and cut up. The laundry is folded or still in the washer and dryer. So I feel some sort of accomplishment for today. I still have to make dinner. My sister and I usually have some sort of pasta/veggie salad mixture of somesort in the fridge. That normally gets us through dinner the first night and a few lunches the next. I suppose it doesn't matter for her since tomorrow is Friday but it's my Monday and I can't stand cafeteria food on the weekends so I need to make something. The offices at the resort are closed on Sat and Sun so that means the rest of us don't get to eat good food. We get "Chef's choice" which usually consists of 4 different hot items that don't go together in anyway. :tsk: Yeah.....gotta get back to work.

One of my newest "friends" has sent me messages and wrote on my FunWall (which I'm not sure how I got or how to use)...and the thing is, we were friends for like part of 7th grade before she started picking on me, and then she stole my lunch in 9th grade and ate it right in front of me. And now she's like, "OMG, my BFF! How did we lose touch?!?!?" She must think I'm someone else.

I had one of those too!
Best friends, drifting apart, she hooked up with another gal, made my life a living hell, we graduated, she contacted me to be a bridesmaid :|...............yeah, well, no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom