Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh what a totally lame holiday. We spent the morning doing nothing. Then about 1:00ish we decided to go to a pizza place I've wanted to check out since I got here. The owners also have a fine dining restaurant and one of my coworkers also works there. So I've just been curious about both but mainly the pizza place since it's more affordable. Anyways...totally not worth it. The food was ok but the portions were small for what they charged. We all left a little hungry and disappointed. After lunch we stopped at Borders and then came home. We've been here ever since. :( :mad: My sister's friend has been here so many times that the last thing she wants to do is go sightseeing. She'd rather sit on the couch and talk to my sister or help my sister's boyfriend build his pool table that he's putting in the living room :happy:

I work for the next 4 days in a row, which will be hard after having almost a week off. Well with the exception of working on Tuesday. I'm sure it's going to be really slow, which means all we do is clean. My Chef is a madman right now over cleanliness in the bakery. If anything is out of place he flips out on everyone, even if we actually were busy that day. He goes on vacation next week for the rest of the month :hyper: As much I really do like him about 90% of the time, I'm really looking forward to his long vacation. I think a lot of people are.

Happy July 4, y'all, no matter what you are doing. My brother's youngest son's birthday is today (the kid was about 5 before he realized that the fireworks weren't for him! :lol:)--they usually have a cook-out at their house but are doing something different this year. My brother and his wife bought some land out in the country along a river. They and two other family units in our extended family have towed their "campers" up there last night and set up. I guess one of the young 'uns even set up a frame with a sheet on it and back-projected the movie "National Treasure II" last night. They are really "roughing it." Anyway, it sounds like fun! Just wish my sister who moved to Florida two years ago could be here, too.
:up: My kind of roughing it. I really enjoyed National Treasure II

I worked all day. Deader than dead in the afternoon. Time stopped at around 3. Scarfed down food when I got home. A friend picked me up and we headed back to her place. We then walked over to the mini golf place, played a round and then watched the fireworks (which are right next door).
They are always good there but I think they did some cutting back. Not as many unique fireworks.

:yawn: tired and heading to bed. I can sleep in tomorrow :up:

Amazing Discovery:
*When you go at your own pace during Kickbox Cardio rather than try to keep up with the instructor, you survive until the end, don't think you're going to pass out after have an hour, and even have enough left to go walk the treadmill for 20 minutes.

My 4th of July was pretty low-key, too...slept in, did some laundry, ran some errands, watched part of the Twilight Zone marathon and got creeped out on the way downtown that there was NO ONE in our typically hopping neighborhood (we normally cannot drive down the street Thursdays through Sundays as it is narrow anyway and people park on both sides of the street for bars, the bike trail, etc...there wasn't a single car on the road last night), went to PF Chang's, watched the Freedom Blast off the Regions Bank building. Not bad. The 4th is on a Saturday next year and a Sunday the year after...I want to go to Boston!!

It was a great time out at Camp Walter Raleigh--that's what they decided to name the little gathering--Walter for my brother, whom we say reminds us of the character Walter in "The Big Lebowski", and Raleigh for his son, whose birthday it was. Lots of good food (ate too much, as usual :reject:), good people. The three "campers" were arranged in a U shape, with two mesh-sided tents for the food as the fourth side, and the fire pit in the center. Two more sleeping tents on the outside of the square. Volleyball and croquet set up in the open. Down the hill toward the "bottomland" and the river was where "Walter" had the big grill set up--burgers, dogs, and brats. Awesome fireworks display, then Rals's birthday cake, and the movie: the latest "DieHard."

I feel very lucky and blessed to have this wonderful group of family nearby. The only ones missing were my sister and her hubby who moved to Florida two years ago, and her daughter who has been in Florida since 1994--I really miss them at gatherings like this.

let me add something to your day : wash hair :)

I'm home ~ day 4 of 8. Needs to be day 8 of 8. By Thursday I am not going to be able to move :( Chat with new boss on agenda when he comes back from vacation..........I work no more than 5 days in a row.

there's a U2 poster on ebay that I've been searching for at least 5 years. Outside of Red Rocks Edge (that's at my parents house :sniff: :sad: ) it's the one U2 poster i've wanted. Now that I found it, I can't convince myself to buy it :der: Do I need it? :hmm:

:angry: I should know better not to go to ebay when I have no extra money.

my sister's boyfriend is building a pool table in the living room. Whatever he's spraying is upsetting the dog, cat, and me. :mad: It's a strong smell. I can't wait until he's done.

:grumpy: my sister's friend from home is in town this weekend. Of course I practically had all of last week off with nothing to do and then have to work all weekend. They just went out to the bars. We've only gone out once since I've been here. Part of it's because neither of us don't ever want to spend money. But I would have gone tonight since we have company. I have to work bright and early tomorrow.

I love how 4th of July fireworks always seem to take place on the days following the 4th as well as the 4th. Especially if the 4th is on a weekend. It was really noisy about a half hour ago and now all I can here is helecopters. :shh: Someone needs to go to bed now! :madwife:

Note to self: Make sure you close the cap on your B & B sea island cotton body lotion.

Got home and plopped on one side of the bed, straightened out my legs and all of a sudden I could smell the lotion. Looked under the folded comforter and there was the lotion :der:

Had a freaky dream last night. Me and some co-workers were at a funeral(don't know whose)..........my pastors were there also, as was the Milw. Archbishop T. Dolan. I am not Catholic so this was a bit out of the norm when paired with my pastors :shrug:. We all went downstairs to a reception afterwards. Banquet tables were set up with chairs...........I sat down and looked down the table and Mary Ann (the lady in our dept. who passed away very suddenly in January) was smiling and waving at me.................I told the co-workers who I was sitting with that Mary Ann was down on the other end of the table waving..........they looked and couldn't see her. I would then kind of become one of them and not be able to see her............I would then fade back into me and see her smiling and waving at me again.
It was so real and left me feeling a bit freaked out.

Your MN lake, arw? Niiiiiiiiiice. Did you change your signature a little before 10 pm? Your 9:51 and earlier posts don't have that picture. Another new feature? I think Live Journal is like that..............old avatars stay when you change over to a new one............

^ That's freaky :yikes:

But at least she was happy in your dream.
that is what a co-worker said. I am trying to take it as kind of a "hi, I am fine" thing..............she was such a wonderful person. The co-worker then asked me if I have any health problems....................:yikes: Well thanks for freaking me out again.....
I told her nothing new that I know of. Thankyouverymuch.

So day 2 of Home Alone?

I gotta go find the end of Wimbeldon online somewhere. A co-worker and I were watching during lunch and he was rooting for Nadal. The co-worker got his hopes up only to have Federer come back..........Before he left for the day he asked me if I had heard what the outcome was. I didn't. About 15 minutes later he calls from his cell and is joyous........Nadal won.

Note to self: Make sure you close the cap on your B & B sea island cotton body lotion.

Got home and plopped on one side of the bed, straightened out my legs and all of a sudden I could smell the lotion. Looked under the folded comforter and there was the lotion :der:

Had a freaky dream last night. Me and some co-workers were at a funeral(don't know whose)..........my pastors were there also, as was the Milw. Archbishop T. Dolan. I am not Catholic so this was a bit out of the norm when paired with my pastors :shrug:. We all went downstairs to a reception afterwards. Banquet tables were set up with chairs...........I sat down and looked down the table and Mary Ann (the lady in our dept. who passed away very suddenly in January) was smiling and waving at me.................I told the co-workers who I was sitting with that Mary Ann was down on the other end of the table waving..........they looked and couldn't see her. I would then kind of become one of them and not be able to see her............I would then fade back into me and see her smiling and waving at me again.
It was so real and left me feeling a bit freaked out.

I agree that you had a visit, and I think that she was just letting you know that she's okay! :hug:

I am laying in bed with a heating pad wrapped around my knee ( not fun when it is 77 degrees and humid) because a knee cramp hit just as I was nodding off..............I am also cursing my new boss for putting me on 8 days straight

Last edited:
thunder :drool: (no flooding please)
ETA my tv just turned off :uhoh:

The Brew Crew are renting a pitcher for the remainder of the season ~ Sabathia

So day 2 of Home Alone?

Wimbledon (that was one long match :lol: )

Day three sucks so far:
van at work is having mechanical problems, guy called in sick so I had to shuffle stuff to arrange coverage so I could go to a meeting, after which the meeting got cancelled. The seniors seem to have gone on strike for Mondays until we move back to our regular rec center. And I found out that when I cashed a check my sister had written to me on Saturday, the teller messed up and took the money out of my account instead of hers.

^vent for the day . . . and it's only lunch time :wink:

thunder :drool: (no flooding please)
ETA my tv just turned off :uhoh:

The Brew Crew are renting a pitcher for the remainder of the season ~ Sabathia

This is a much wiser choice than Gagne. :uhoh:

Not that I have much to talk about with my current favorite bullpen lately...Tampa Bay?!?

I am reliving the Summer of SUPER! now that I can view all my "blog" entries again. I forgot how bad it was, but it's so funny now that there's 3 years and 1000 miles between then and now...

I am bored and just went to a website of funny signs and this was on the front page and I didn't get it:

128-93.gif

This is in Massachusetts, and we take it to get to my aunt's house. There's a good reason why it's 93 North/128 South at the same time but I can't remember; something about making Boston easier to get around (irony in sooooo many ways). I had to think about why it was funny for a minute.

The roomie went to his new gig in another city a night early and literally ALL of our friends were out of town all weekend and I think I'm going stir crazy from spending so much time wit myself.

Last edited:
I am reliving the Summer of SUPER! now that I can view all my "blog" entries again. I forgot how bad it was, but it's so funny now that there's 3 years and 1000 miles between then and now...

I forgot about "super!" I have a coworker that says that all the time too but in a more sarcastic tone when she's making fun of people. She also talks like the movie "Fargo" because apparently I sound like I should have been in that movie. :angry: :mad: Don't even get me started.......

I deleted all of the entries in my ARW journal after reading them for the 1st time in years. Mine was 5 years ago. It was amazing to see how many times over the time span of that journal that I said I should go back to school and do what I always wanted to do. I rarely ever mention the words "pastry chef" though. Almost like I was afraid of what would happen if I did.

Your MN lake, arw? Niiiiiiiiiice. Did you change your signature a little before 10 pm? Your 9:51 and earlier posts don't have that picture. Another new feature? I think Live Journal is like that..............old avatars stay when you change over to a new one............

yes it's my beloved Lake Calhoun and yes I added the other night. How I desperately miss my lake more than words could ever say. I did this to myself so I can't be too mad that I'm missing walking season. I'll be back next year. :yes:

5 weeks and I'll be home for 10 days :love: :drool: :hyper:

my sister has been a little a sick lately so she went to the dr today. They said she needed to monitor her blood pressure. The nurse boyfriend is going to MN tomorrow for a few weeks (jealous!!!) so he just gave me a lesson on how to check her pressure. :yuck: Creepy. I remember doing that in health class in high school and it creeped me out then too.

2 things annoying me right now:
1. The fact that I can sleep in today and I have woken up early and can't seem to fall asleep again.
2. Favre. If you are having second thoughts about retiring, come out and speak for yourself. Don't have your mommy, your brother or your agent do it for you. He has really put the Packers in a bad situation by doing this and I have lost some respect for him. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom