Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at work today I did the following:

1. burned my arm on the oven door while closing it. :der: That's the 3rd time this week I've burned myself in a stupid way. It's only fun when I'm doing something complicated. It makes the burn seems valid for some reason while the ones this week were all because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

2. Walked into the ice cream machine while carrying a large container. The corner of the container went into my arm. The container was empty or I would have had a mess. My arm is green right now. I'm sure it will be a lovely shade of black and blue in another few hours.

3. I had to go to another kitchen for an emergency fruit run. Someone left a rolling cart in the middle of the pastry shop because they're a lazy ass that couldn't put it away. The cart is about knee high to me. As I was walking back into the pastry shop with the 3 flats of fruit, I walked into the cart, tripped, dropped the flats on the ground. Nothing opened. 5 people were in the pastry shop at the time and no one saw this. Right now my knee has a lump on it and is bright red. It hurts when I try to straighten it out.

I got yelled at by some stupid brat ass girl that thinks she's above me because she's been there longer. I should have moved the cart out of the way instead of leaving it there for her to trip on it as well. I'm sorry but I was too busy trying to pick up the fruit off the floor. This girl drives me nuts. She thinks she's entitled to be treated with more respect than one would treat someone else just because she's been there for a whole year. Big damn deal. :mad:

I had to get that out. I feel better now. I'm going to take some drugs for my injuries.

so it was a good day for everyone...............NOT!

arw ~ OUCH! On counts 1,2 and 3. May I suggest lots of ice and elevation for the knee *well versed in this*. As for the brat ass girl, I hate it when people have that sense of entitlement thing going on........Does she pull this crap when the boss is around? *dagger eyes at brat ass*

I am watching my plans for tomorrow float out the window............one person down (as is no, I can't make it), one to go and they are not answering the e-mails :grumpy:

Sorry about your plans, shari :hug: Is it something you can go to by yourself if the other person doesn't come through?

Ice and lots of advil, arw :yikes:

I got my plane ticket receipt (big letters on envelope - "NOT AN ACTUAL TICKET", duh) for Ireland today :dancing:

Just for fun, I decided to actually look at my passport (which I've never used before).

On pages 6 & 7, under "Important Information", I found this helpful nugget:

9. DISASTERS AND CATASTROPHIC EVENTS - If a catastrophic event occurs, call home to let family and friends know you are okay.

Why thank you U.S. government. I would have never thought to do that on my own :rolleyes:

Ireland :hyper: soon :hyper: soon :hyper:
Nice tip from the Govt. ~ would never have thought to do that/sarcasm.
A friend and I were down in Disney during the threat of Ivan. Was part of history cuz Disney shut down for the first time ever.....................The worst of it missed that area so I didn't call home to tell people I was ok( I was lazy).........I figured it was on all the news channels and the weather channel so the people back home would know what was up. I got home and got "yelled" at by the parents and the co-workers for not calling :der: ~ felt guilty for about a week.

Summerfest is do-able by yourself, it is just more fun with friends..................Concert is at 10 pm and really don't want to do that by myself at that time of night...........

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm still alive :|

In the last 12 days I worked 4 regular shift and 5 overtime shifts.

I go back to work tomorrow - 12 days until my holidays :dance:

The mini fahs finished school for the summer yesterday and today I heard "I'm bored" :banghead:

Nighty night :wave:

well there it is. plans cancelled. :| Glad I have 4 days off.

"Let's go July 2 or 3"..........um well no because I work and the plans were for this weekend." /bitchy venting

I just got my ass kicked for an hour and a half. *collapses*

Sorry about your plans, shari :hug: Is it something you can go to by yourself if the other person doesn't come through?

Ice and lots of advil, arw :yikes:

I got my plane ticket receipt (big letters on envelope - "NOT AN ACTUAL TICKET", duh) for Ireland today :dancing:

Just for fun, I decided to actually look at my passport (which I've never used before).

On pages 6 & 7, under "Important Information", I found this helpful nugget:

Why thank you U.S. government. I would have never thought to do that on my own :rolleyes:

Kelly, when are you going to Ireland? Are you going on a guided tour, or on your own? I'll be very interested in hearing all about it and seeing pictures. My brother, my sisters, and I have been talking for years that we need to go before we get too old to walk around and enjoy it; and we're getting there. :lol: I've just about decided if I can't get them moving (some of them don't even have passports yet!), I may just have to go by myself next summer. :grumpy:

My flight leaves 7/25 and I get back home 8/3.

I signed up to go with the Disney travel group, because my sister didn't want to go with me and it looked like the best option of all of the group travel tours:

Ireland Family Vacation | Adventures by Disney

It's ridiculously expensive, but

- the mouse has never done me wrong before :wink:
- this is probably the only time I'll ever get to go
- and hey, we get to stay in castle!

I decided to go a day before the "group" part actually starts, so I can sleep off the jet lag and maybe try to find HQ.

Like I said, this is probably the only time I'll ever go to Ireland, so I gotta try to find it right? :reject:

My flight leaves 7/25 and I get back home 8/3.

I signed up to go with the Disney travel group, because my sister didn't want to go with me and it looked like the best option of all of the group travel tours:

Ireland Family Vacation | Adventures by Disney

It's ridiculously expensive, but

- the mouse has never done me wrong before :wink:
- this is probably the only time I'll ever get to go
- and hey, we get to stay in castle!

I decided to go a day before the "group" part actually starts, so I can sleep off the jet lag and maybe try to find HQ.

Like I said, this is probably the only time I'll ever go to Ireland, so I gotta try to find it right? :reject:

well no it won't be because they'll be on tour next year :flirt: I'm going. Even if that would be the only concert I get to go to. It's Dublin or nothing. Plus I desperately want to go to France to see French pastries so while I'm in Ireland I plan on taking a few days to go to France.

I didn't click your link. Are you going all over the country or just Dublin? I hope you get to the Cliffs of Moher. I think out of anything that's the one place that has really stuck with me about my trip to Ireland.

The studio is super easy to get to. We actually stayed in an apartment virtually across the street from it.

Kelly your trip sounds very :drool: - worthy!

Walked down to the village to check out Leahy's Luck last night (Irish band that plays at Irish Fest). Irish stuff is good, didn't care for the bluegrass stuff they did.

So ya gotta love a radio tease for tomorrow. "They are a staple at.............(mall I work at), a big chain, are they in financial trouble?" :der:
Now I am gonna have to set the alarm for buttcrack of dawn on my day off just to hear who it is...............*prays it is not us*

Gonna go crawl under the covers now and hide from real life for a bit.

morning :)
Survived the icky weeked :yippie: and it was Steve & Barry's the radio station was talking about so I am breathing again

I want to go to one of the bigger Barnes and Nobles to study some cookbooks today. That's about all I can come up with to keep myself busy. Yesterday was real fun....my sister and I went to Super Target so I could apply for a 2nd job. We got there to find all 3 employment computers were in use and a line of about 2 people waiting. So after we shopped and checked out, the line was gone but the computers were all still in use. Two of the three people on the computers were the original people we saw at least a half hour earlier. I had already lost interest when I saw 5 people at 10 am applying for jobs. So then I sat on my ass until about 7 and then decided to go to Sprouts, which is kind of like Whole Foods/Trader Joe's. That was my day :boring:

The sucky thing is I work tomorrow and then have two more days off of nothingness. The roommates boys will be here again today thru Thursday so not only do I have to be forced into taking days off but I have a 7 year old and 5 year old ruining my peace and quiet. It's too hot out to get motivated to go anywhere plus I really don't want to spend any money. I'm scared to see what the next schedule is like. I think it's going to be another 3 days of work. My sister has a friend from MN coming to visit for the weekend plus we have a cousin coming to visit on Sun/Mon so at least I'll have someone other than 2 loud little boys to talk to. If I do have Friday off, then I'll hang out with my sister's friend while my sister is at work. I hope I work though. :barf:

:drool:went to Bath and Body works today. They had a 90% off table!!!!!!!! :faint: I found 7 items and the most expensive thing was $1.20! I also found stuff on the $2.00 table. In total, 9 items for barely $8.00. Some of the shower gels were .35 cents! They're the smaller travel size, which work great for taking on the planes when I don't check a bag. I wasn't going to spend any money today when I went out but I couldn't pass that up, especially since I'm running low on stuff.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get to go to Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher and the Rock of Cashel are two "musts" for me. :love:

:up:You've GOT to go MsPurrl! It's gorgeous! You will never be the same after a trip to Ireland. It's more than 40 shades of green and there are so many different areas to see, so much to experience and do. Too bad it's so expensive! I can't wait to go back. Next time, 2 whole weeks there. :applaud:

Yep, I've pretty much decided that if I can't get any of these hosers to go, I'm going to go on a guided tour next summer or early fall. I bet I will cry the entire time I'm there, though. :D

So I spent the morning raking up the trimmings from bushes *hot, sweaty*
I am such a girly, girl when it comes to that kind of stuff :yuck:
Don't mind cutting the lawn, but anything else :yuck:

I'm going to go crazy over this whole not working a full 40 hours a week. Most people would probably enjoy the time off. Here's why I don't:

1. I basically had an entire year off of not working while I was in school. That was boring enough.

2. I love going to work each day so much. I learn a lot each day that I'm there. Being there makes me one step closer to my goals of moving back home to MN then moving to St Paul, teaching at a culinary institute while also working part time in a French bakery. One day.......

3. It's too hot out to do anything outside. I don't know anyone here so if I go somewhere while my sister is at work then I go alone. My sister's boyfriend's kids are going to be here a lot this summer (here right now) and take over the entire house. I have no where to go other than my tiny room.

September can't come quick enough. Then I'll be back to working at least 45 hours a week again.

I just went to a site and converted $ to Euros..........................just a little depressing

Does anyone you work with call in sick? Do they replace them when they do? Can you request to be called if that happens. Sorry that you are getting so much downtime.

I start 8 days in a row tomorrow. Most of that time will be spent working alone :( thanks to vacations and hour cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom