Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soooooooooooo pissed right now. The resort is DEAD this weekend. Completely dead so now I'm on a 3 1/2 day weekend. Only 1 1/2 days of that is unpaid. I have PTO to cover it but I'm planning a 10 day visit home in August so I wanted to save it.

Does your PTO work where you accrue so many hours of PTO for the hours you work? Ours works where you get a set number for every 40 you work. When I hit the 10 year mark next month I'll get close to 5 hours for every 40.

Well, now that you mention it, one of our city's possible solutions to the budget problem is to get rid of our 911 call center and let the county take it over :reject:

I have heard that people often have to wait on hold when calling the local 911, and they were thinking of increasing its budget to hire more workers. :lol:

Does your PTO work where you accrue so many hours of PTO for the hours you work? Ours works where you get a set number for every 40 you work. When I hit the 10 year mark next month I'll get close to 5 hours for every 40.

That is sweet.

Will you still get a gift for the milestone anniversary, or did they do away with those? I was very sad when they did away with the numbers; I really wanted a big silver 5!

I am doing some laundry and I discovered that my roomie definitely washed some pants with a book of matches in the pocket. :huh:

:hug: kariann
venting is good. Randoooooooom therapy. Hang in there.

Mom just got notice for jury duty. Since I am on vacation that week I told her that I would go with her.........she goes to jury duty, I go to the museum next door.......

I'm not really sure how our PTO works at all. What's even more confusing is that during my 6 week externship I was considered a part time temporary employee even though I was working well over 40 hours a week. They were able to adjust me to a part time status for those 6 weeks once I was hired full time. So for those 6 weeks, I was only eligible for 1/2 of the PTO that I really should have been. It just finally showed up on my last paycheck for the first time and it was close to 12 hours. My Chef said I get almost a full day for each paycheck but I'm not going to take his word until I see my paycheck next Friday to see how much it went up. He's kind of a scatterbrain so I don't always take his word for it! :der: We do get a few extra hours a year because we're open 365 days a year 24/7 so obviously not everyone will get the holidays off. I've never had PTO before so I'm a little confused. My Chef thinks I'll have close to 50 hours by the time August hits and I want to take my vacation plus he said I'll have a lot more by the end of the year. I should have asked if it rolled over. I doubt it.

The new Coldplay album was only $9.98 at Target so I bought it today. I wasn't going to since I'm missing hours at work this weekend but I couldn't pass it up since the sticker on it said $14.99. It's not bad. I wasn't too thrilled with their last album but I've heard a lot of good things about this one so I wanted to hear it.

the boyfriend's kids are here. The animals are a mess right now. We can't find the cat. The dog never comes into my room or the kitchen for whatever her strange reasons are. I woke up today to my sister opening my door for Roxy to come in. Not only did she want to come in but she snuggle up with me in bed for a while. Then a little bit ago she was sitting in the kitchen. Poor baby. Between having to spend the whole day at my sister's work yesterday and then then boys this weekend, she's just completely out of sorts right now.

The take your dog to work pic is :cute: Hope Roxy has a chance to 'chill' for awhile.
I bought the Coldplay CD but haven't listened to it yet...............the Bruce Springsteen 30th Anniversary Born To Run box set (has concert DVD and documetary DVD included) arrived so that is on the agenda after finishing up the Netflix Sopranos that I have at home.

That is sweet.

Will you still get a gift for the milestone anniversary, or did they do away with those? I was very sad when they did away with the numbers; I really wanted a big silver 5!

Yep...we get a very nice watch that I believe is of the pricier variety. I saw the mens version last month in person and it was really nice so I'm actually looking forward to getting mine next month. I'll have to get links taken out to size down but I'll just run to the jeweler next door to job 2 on a break for that. Instead of the 5's they give little pins now and you still get the certificate in the clear frame. I'll be replacing the certificate with a black and white of NYC from the Empire State Building I took last Fall.

I'm not really sure how our PTO works at all. What's even more confusing is that during my 6 week externship I was considered a part time temporary employee even though I was working well over 40 hours a week. They were able to adjust me to a part time status for those 6 weeks once I was hired full time. So for those 6 weeks, I was only eligible for 1/2 of the PTO that I really should have been. It just finally showed up on my last paycheck for the first time and it was close to 12 hours. My Chef said I get almost a full day for each paycheck but I'm not going to take his word until I see my paycheck next Friday to see how much it went up. He's kind of a scatterbrain so I don't always take his word for it! :der: We do get a few extra hours a year because we're open 365 days a year 24/7 so obviously not everyone will get the holidays off. I've never had PTO before so I'm a little confused. My Chef thinks I'll have close to 50 hours by the time August hits and I want to take my vacation plus he said I'll have a lot more by the end of the year. I should have asked if it rolled over. I doubt it.

It sounds like you do have some sort of accrual and if it's similar to ours at all once you get a hang of how it works it's awesome. Last month was a slow month and we had opportunites to leave early on Friday's plus I had to go in later for a few doctor appts and each week what I accrued equaled out to what I took PTO for so I haven't lost anything by leaving a few hours here and there. Those days are over though because July/Aug/Sept are basically our big season and we'll be crazy busy. I'm actually hoping for some OT.

oy vey what a day........we met the boyfriends dad at some sort of raceway park place. It was over 110 degrees and not one single ounce of shade to be found anywhere. Thankfully for everyone else, I'm obsessed with suntan lotion so we all covered up before we left. The two boys are a little pink but not nearly as bad as they would have been. It was miserable. We got there at 4 to see the cars before the race and also let the boys play on the little kids area that they had set up. Neither wanted to play and I don't blame them. We went through a ton of water and gatorade before the sun finally went down. It was definitely a crowd I'm not accustomed to :tsk: Lots of mullets and other interesting hair styles and the choice of clothing had to have come straight out of the latest Kmart catalog. :snob: It was a rotten day. If we would have gotten there later on, closer to race time, it wouldn't have been so bad. But the poor little guys were a mess and the adults weren't too far behind them. We went to see some gigantic robot/dinosaur thing but the boys were exhausted and we left before it even came out. I did take a few pictures of it earlier in the day. It was massive.

I did have a lovely vegetarian talk with the grandpa. He's been a vegetarian since he was a kid too. I'm always amazed when I meet people 20 or more years older than me that have been veggies since around the time I've been one. It's nice to see that they're healthy and still happy with their decision. He told me he's been one for at least 45 years.

Ok so the air conditioning is soooooooo not fixed. It was indeed working Friday after the guy left and part of the day yesterday it. I had noticed that it hadn't come on for a bit but I figured that my mom must have set the temp higher and I really wasn't in the mood for a potential debate so I just let it be. Then last night she came up to tell me that something was wrong with it...and she was right. While before barely any air would come out now it's not even coming on at all! Doesn't matter if it set for air, fan or heat.....nada. It's actually pretty comfortable with the windows open and fan on but now I have to get up and make another call about it before work tomorrow. My mom said she would do it but then started talking like it was going to be the hardest thing to explain so I gave in and told her I would handle it. :sigh:

Ok the air is fixed. I called this morning and they were here in an hour. I never really understood what my mom was trying to tell me was not working with it and I swear at one point she said that they (my parents) did something with the unit in the basement. She did say that the guy here on Friday left without putting the door back on the unit which they didn't realize until he was gone. All I know is that everything air, heat and fan stopped working on Saturday evening. A different guy comes out today and the only thing that was wrong was the door wasn't on the unit. He said that it won't do anything without the door on it as a safety precaution. I asked him if it would have worked at all without it and he said no. Sooooooo although both of my parents say they didn't do anything to it I wonder if they did....it was working on Friday and part of Saturday. :eyebrow:

This is the I work every other day week :crack: Word is when Bon Ton takes over scheduling scheduling will become even more interesting :happy::crack:

Ok, leaving all that crap behind today.........just got back from a walk to the post office and some errands ~ so beautiful outside today.

Did you ever just have a 'feeling' that someone was going to back out on plans you have made.............don't know why, but that is the feeling I have going on about this weekend :shrug: I hope I am wrong.........If it happens, there is a nice little Irish band playing at the gazebo this weekend.

Yep...we get a very nice watch that I believe is of the pricier variety. I saw the mens version last month in person and it was really nice so I'm actually looking forward to getting mine next month. I'll have to get links taken out to size down but I'll just run to the jeweler next door to job 2 on a break for that. Instead of the 5's they give little pins now and you still get the certificate in the clear frame. I'll be replacing the certificate with a black and white of NYC from the Empire State Building I took last Fall.

I could have gotten the watch for #5 but moving and job-hunting and life in general distracted me and I didn't get it. I have my three pin on my shelf in my room in RI.

Was it you who I was talking about the numbers they gave out, and they should give you the 5, and then a 1 and a 0 for 10, and then at 15 just instructions to replace the 0 with the 5?

I should go to bed. Here is a random picture for youz all:

Illinois-area.jpg

Last edited:
:sad: the new schedule came up today at work. I'm off FOUR days next week. :scream: We all are. Of course I got the crappy schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off, then 1 day on, then 2 more days instead of all 4 days in a row like everyone else. Like I'm really going to be motivated on that 1 whole day next Tuesday to come in and work. It's completely dead next week and the week after. There goes my Macbook that I was only $300 away from buying. :angry::sad:

:(......................I have had that kind of schedule...........working every other day is not fun either. What about working at the local WM?

Our new schedule came out and I will be working 8 days in a row ~off 4 days and then.........work Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Weds............off 4 days.

:yawn: warm and humid weather while trying to sleep = groggy feeling during the day.

I applied to WM almost a month ago and nothing. I stopped back last week to ask about an interview but the manager was "too busy" to come out of the office to talk. Whatever.

I think maybe Super Target is where I'll go this weekend.

My Chef is beyond upset over this schedule. I guess in years past when it's been slow and he's had to cut hours, he was able to give everyone an extra day so they could come in and practice on things they needed to work on. But our new Executive Chef said no way. My Chef has been walking around with his head down since he put the schedule up yesterday. I know it's not his fault at all, and he really truly feels awful for all of us with the way he's acting, so I'm trying not to let him know I'm upset. I guess it'll be like this for at least another month.

In other news......my sister wants to fly to Vegas in a few weeks instead of driving. :lmao: I don't even know if I'll have any extra money to help with the bills in another month if I don't find a 2nd job. So if we do go to Vegas, we'll drive. It's not any farther away than JT and gas really isn't that much more than it was a month ago. I spent $80, if that, round trip. So we'll drive. We have a free place to stay. I want to check out a few French bakeries for ideas for work.

The Red Box at the grocery store charged me late fees for more days than my movie was late. I'm not amused. It was a movie for the boyfriends little boys and they didn't even watch the damn thing.

I could have gotten the watch for #5 but moving and job-hunting and life in general distracted me and I didn't get it. I have my three pin on my shelf in my room in RI.

Was it you who I was talking about the numbers they gave out, and they should give you the 5, and then a 1 and a 0 for 10, and then at 15 just instructions to replace the 0 with the 5?

The 10 year watch is alot better than the 5. From what A said the 5 year was decent but hers ended up breaking or something. She's still bitter that I was in the last group to get to pick from Tiffany's and she was in the first for the watches.

Yep that was me!

Add me to the group of people whose parents are driving them insane.

I love how my sister's problem with handling her money becomes my responsibility and an excuse for my father to yell at me.

He overheard me asking her to pay me for her half of the Coldplay tickets I'm planning on buying tomorrow :yikes:. Nevermind that the show isn't until November and that's not the reason if she runs out of money this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom