Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote would be Sedona. A co-worker went and adored it.

WI sells liquor 7 days a week and it can be found in grocery stores (in special depts and scattered around the store with whatever food goes best with it), WM, OSCO Pharmacy and of course liquor stores. Nothing at Walgreens yet, at least the ones by me.

I just wanna hug Roxy. Poor thing. I can remember watching the dog whisperer and he helped a dog that was afraid of the tile.

we're going to Sedona for the day.

I always give Roxy a big hug and tell her she's a good girl. She wags her tail so I hope she knows what I mean by that. I've never been around a dog that seems so sad all the time. She's very happy when my sister is home but otherwise she looks like she's sad and unhappy. I try to take her out as much as I can. I guess it's all things to make me feel better since I don't know if she's actually really sad or if that's just how she is.

ugh...."sunday" nights are always so hard. I feel like I didn't accomplish anything I wanted to today and now I'm scrambling to get everything ready for work tomorrow. :angry: It's really pathetic at how little I really don't have to do compared to a few years ago and I still can't get it all done. I have a uniform that's cleaned for me at work and I don't have to worry about breakfast or lunch but I still feel like I have a million things to do before bed. Staying online instead of getting ready is sooooo much more important :yes:

:reject:

I have spent the better part of my day prepping my house for painting.

To be exact, the main floor is getting new paint.

It's been a while since I painted and I can't believe how much work there is when you have to move tons of stuff. For instance, our buffet and hutch had to completely emptied so that we could move it out from the wall. Tomorrow I have to tackle my 2 cd towers (which are full) so that I can move them out from the wall.

On the plus side, I have picked some gorgeous colours: medium gray for the hall/bathroom, light brown for the living room and dark green with blue tones for the family room/kitchen. I wanted to go red in the kitchen but was vetoed by every member of my family.

It's time for bed :yawn:

I found out this afternoon that I was officially hired at the resort. I wasn't so sure the other day after a conversation I had with my Chef if I was hired or if he just wanted me to stay on for another few months. But today when one of the assistant Pastry Chefs got there he asked if I had talked to our Chef about staying on and I told him about my confusion. He said to be confused no more because they want to keep me as long as I want to stay! :love:

I miss home soooooooooooo bad and want to go back but I have to do this for now. If I stay for 6 months then they will automatically transfer me to any hotel in the company without having to start over with benefits and stuff. If I were to leave before 6 months, they'd still help me find a place but I wouldn't get all of my benefits.....which is completely lame. But for now I'm very happy that I have a full time job, with benefits as of mid May. None of my friends at school got hired on from their externships so I'm very, very lucky.

arw9797 said:
I found out this afternoon that I was officially hired at the resort. I wasn't so sure the other day after a conversation I had with my Chef if I was hired or if he just wanted me to stay on for another few months. But today when one of the assistant Pastry Chefs got there he asked if I had talked to our Chef about staying on and I told him about my confusion. He said to be confused no more because they want to keep me as long as I want to stay! :love:

I miss home soooooooooooo bad and want to go back but I have to do this for now. If I stay for 6 months then they will automatically transfer me to any hotel in the company without having to start over with benefits and stuff. If I were to leave before 6 months, they'd still help me find a place but I wouldn't get all of my benefits.....which is completely lame. But for now I'm very happy that I have a full time job, with benefits as of mid May. None of my friends at school got hired on from their externships so I'm very, very lucky.

Thats awesome! Woo Hoo!

arw9797 said:

:hyper: Congratulations! :D

Being away gets easier, trust me. Let yourself be homesick every now and then. When you do go home, it'll feel so nice and relaxing.

thanks all. I'm excited that I have a job and when I do want to leave I'll be able to put down more than 6 weeks on my resume like most of my friends.

We just picked up Roxy at the Wagon Wash. She just had a bath and was fluffed up a bit. She sheds so they don't have to cut her. She looks soooooooooooo pretty! They put a cute pink and white doggie paw print bow on her. :cute: :love:

arw9797 said:
We just picked up Roxy at the Wagon Wash. She just had a bath and was fluffed up a bit. She sheds so they don't have to cut her. She looks soooooooooooo pretty! They put a cute pink and white doggie paw print bow on her. :cute: :love:

:cute:

Pics ???

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

arw9797 said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful stepping stone. So happy for you :)!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I was late to the party

Stupid head cold :madspit: I called in yesterday (and to really make my day the person who took the message forgot to put it in the book so my boss called around 11:15 going "um are you ok" my response, "I feel miserable and I called in early and spoke to J" ~ I think I came off a little crabby :reject: cuz I got a silence a kind of stumbling and a feel better ~ must have had the "tone" my friends say I get :shifty: )

The excitement for today was church and now I shall go crawl into bed again

ok I'm bored.

I have tried sleeping but everytime I nod off the phone rings with w/ a recorded "vote for me" speech..........:mad: If, out of spite, I decided not to vote for anyone who woke me up, I would not be voting on Tuesday

So then I got up and did a little bit and my head began pounding and I sneeze unendingly :coocoo: so I end up laying down again (which brings on this wonderful coughing attaack).
Tomorrow should be interesting at work if that pattern keeps up :happy:
I so SO want the warmer weather to stay around and not volley back and forth

Pounding head so :wave:

shari schultz said:
ok I'm bored.

I have tried sleeping but everytime I nod off the phone rings with w/ a recorded "vote for me" speech..........:mad: If, out of spite, I decided not to vote for anyone who woke me up, I would not be voting on Tuesday

So then I got up and did a little bit and my head began pounding and I sneeze unendingly :coocoo: so I end up laying down again (which brings on this wonderful coughing attaack).
Tomorrow should be interesting at work if that pattern keeps up :happy:
I so SO want the warmer weather to stay around and not volley back and forth

Pounding head so :wave:

:hug: feel better! Just think..........it's spring where you are and pretty soon you'll have lots of spring rain :drool: and then everything will be green and beautiful :love:

^Thanks and I'm
trying...................I am gonna be so hopped up on cold meds.
We had thunderstorms last night :love:

I know Wrigley Field has a lot of history but why oh why would you schedule the opening game there when they are playing a team (the Brewers) that has a covered stadium. I predict rain-out today in Chicago.

It's gonna be a long day till 6:30 :sigh:

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thought we had some freak storm or earthquake here last night. Apparently it was just a family of raccoons on the roof :ohmy:

Lila~ The raccoons :yikes:. BTW your kitty sig. makes me smile :)
fah~ So how is the painting coming? I am glad someone has sunshine :up:

I am off to work and reaaaally looking forward to 6:30 again.

shari schultz said:

I know Wrigley Field has a lot of history but why oh why would you schedule the opening game there when they are playing a team (the Brewers) that has a covered stadium. I predict rain-out today in Chicago.

Well I was wrong.................not exactly a first.
We won! ~ Undefeated :yippie: wooo hooo

shari schultz said:
fah~ So how is the painting coming? I am glad someone has sunshine :up:.

The painting will be the easy/fun part :lol:

I/we are still doing prep work. I accidentally made a huge hole in a wall when I was taking the face plate off where the vacuum hose hooks up :ohmy: Mr fah needs to do some repair work but needs some gyproc ~ it's a small hole really :yes:

And the packing of china/crystal so that we can move the buffet/hutch is proving to be way more work than I thought too.

And we have even starting sanding the trim so that we can repaint that.

I'm thinking we will be finished by the end of April ~ I've got 30 days :hyper:

shari schultz said:
^Thanks and I'm
trying...................I am gonna be so hopped up on cold meds.
We had thunderstorms last night :love:

It's gonna be a long day till 6:30 :sigh:

I know the Brewers won, but I was wondering if you already love Eric "Gagme" Gagne as much as Red Sox Nation did already??? :happy: I have to say I don't miss him giving up three-run leads!

kellyahern said:
We had a thunderstorm.

That's the most interesting thing that happened today :reject: Which I guess, in a way, is good.

We had several last night. :drool: I love thunderstorms that don't come with tornado warnings.

Schmeg said:

I know the Brewers won, but I was wondering if you already love Eric "Gagme" Gagne as much as Red Sox Nation did already??? :happy: I have to say I don't miss him giving up three-run leads!
Ya know I can't say I heard a lovefest about him this morning on the radio. Far from it. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom