Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:08 AM
I am not responsible for my actions if the storm coming here for later in the week turns out to be a snowstorm

Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

his solution was to resign????!
Not having worker's comp people help made workers comp happy I bet..............A gal who had the same kind of fracture I had has had nothing but battles with WC but she refuses to give them an inch..........it's working out for her *GO SAM!*
I told him he needed to go to HR and try to get this straightened out before he took the step of resigning. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow

Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

^ oh, that's good.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
I am not responsible for my actions if the storm coming here for later in the week turns out to be a snowstorm
The Winter Storm Watch we had got canceled
We are still gonna get snow, but not the 5-8" "or more".................the storm track better not change for the worse (threatening Mother Nature is prolly not a wise thing)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #20
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm sooooooooooo bored It's too hot out right now to take the dog for a walk. I should have done that this morning before running errands.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

So what I want to know is where was hulu.com when I was stuck in bed with my leg up for 12 freakin' weeks?
I could become addicted.................not good.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

bought a new shredder today
Tempers are flaring up here. In the parking lot a man bent over to tie his shoe and a car that was coming down the aisle started honking his horn madly (and constantly). The shoe tie-er yelled and gave the guy the finger..........the driver opened his car door and began to get out.........the shoe tie-er went over to the driver and then they just screamed at each other........... Parking lot rage
Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

hot sounds good right now..........just a taste of it would be nice
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #24
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the parking lot ragers should come to Phoenix and try driving on side streets. People are crazy drivers here. I'm afraid of the main roads. The side streets are bad enough. I generally get to work about 5:50ish because I have a little walk to the time clock. I know I'm not late at that hour so neither is the person riding my ass to the employee levels at the ramp. It happens every single day where someone drives on top of me through a ramp and then it's always another member of the culinary staff, who does not work until 6 either!

It's 86 and we don't have the air on. My sister said pretty soon the air will be on nonstop fo the next 6 months. I'm melting.

I went to the grocery store today and debated on buying some beer. The grocery stores have full liquor stores in the aisle here. :weird: That does not happen where I'm from. So I decided to just buy limes and diet coke because my sister has a gigantic bottle of Bacardi from a party and neither she or the bf wants it. So I just made myself little cocktail and it wasn't good at all. I think it's cold beer season instead. But we are going out to dinner tonight so I'll get one then

I'm watching Red Rocks on a 42 inch flat screen tv

ok I think that's all I have for now..........
Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

86 and air not on yet

Red Rocks on a big flat screen .

Ghosthunters is on right now. I hope this week's episode is good. Last week's was kind of boring.

arw, the job scammer that you sent me a long time ago is supposed to be sending me a check for "David Howell Evans"

The check is mailed to a "drop box" operated by another baiter, so the scammer doesn't have my address.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #26
arw
Blue Crack Addict

ok serious decision time...........

I had requested this coming Sunday off of work. It will the 1st full weekend day off that I've ever had at the resort. My Chef was nice enough to call me today on my day off to let me know the new schedule is up and I am off on Sunday. So what to do?

1. I've been dying to go to Joshua Tree since I left there 2 years ago. We were planning on leaving on Saturday when I get home around 3:00. It's about 4 1/2 hour drive from where I live.

2. Drive to Sedona really early on Sunday morning just for the day. It's a little less than 2 hours away.

3. Go to the Renaissance Festival that ends on Sunday.

ok so here's where I'm at with all 3 ideas.....

1. Now that I've been in a desert setting for 6 weeks I'm not sure I'm in the mood for a 4+ hour drive 2 days in a row just to see more desert......even though it would be to Joshua Tree with a possible swing through Palm Springs.

2. I'm not exactly sure what Sedona is and why we should go there other than everyone around me says it's absolutely beautiful and I need to see it.

3. If we go to the Renaissance, we'd probably only be there for a few hours and then would have nothing to do. My sister says it's about 30-45 minutes away and she doesn't know what else is around there for us to do, other than Superstition Mountain which I've been to and she was just there last month with the parents and doesn't want to go again.

so...........I think #3 is out even though I really want to go to the festival. More than likely I'll be in MN in August for a week as it will be dead at the resort so I could always go to mine. But I really wanted to see a different one.

I do want to to go JT really bad but it's the driving and spending money at a hotel. It's too late for me to get my discount on one. They need at least 2 weeks in advance to book an employee room.......so do I just take a chance and spend my one and only weekend day off going to a place I've never been to and don't have a clue why I should go or do I go to a place I've been to 3 times but absolutely love?

My sister said it's my day off so it's my decision. Also, I have to drive no matter where we go so she could care less what we do...........
Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

1. Sedona is supposed to be gorgeous and my parents' friends try to get there every year.

2. They sell liquor EVERYWHERE here- grocery stores, Wal-Greens, CVS...everywhere. I think it's a law in New England that you can only sell liquor in the liquor store (or the "packie" if you're a native of RI or New Hampshire). However you can't buy alcohol from any of these places on a Sunday, so Saturday nights scansions come out to block the aisles. Or, at Trader Joe's, customers pretend they don't understand it's a state law and they beg the employees to go against "store policy" and sell it to them, or to let them take it home and they'll come back and pay the next day. Long story short...I still get surprised seeing booze at a CVS.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd see what Sedona looks like online and if you like it, pick that
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #29
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
1. Sedona is supposed to be gorgeous and my parents' friends try to get there every year.

2. They sell liquor EVERYWHERE here- grocery stores, Wal-Greens, CVS...everywhere. I think it's a law in New England that you can only sell liquor in the liquor store (or the "packie" if you're a native of RI or New Hampshire). However you can't buy alcohol from any of these places on a Sunday, so Saturday nights scansions come out to block the aisles. Or, at Trader Joe's, customers pretend they don't understand it's a state law and they beg the employees to go against "store policy" and sell it to them, or to let them take it home and they'll come back and pay the next day. Long story short...I still get surprised seeing booze at a CVS.
yes that sounds like MN vs AZ. You can't buy liquor past 8-10 depending on the liquor store, nothing on Sundays, and the liquor must be sold in a seperate store. At World Market they had a "Wine Shop" where it was only open from 10-8 M-Sat even though the rest of the store was open 9-10 M-Sun. Plus you have to be 21 to even enter the wine shop. I almost fell over my first time in a World Market here because the wine and beer is just everywhere. I think I saw liquor at CVS here too but I can't remember. People in MN drive to WI on Sundays for booze but the state patrol for both states hang out on the border and if they see an MN car crossing the border in either direction it's a good chance they'll get pulled over. Crazy.

I think we're going to Sedona. I went to Barnes and Noble today and briefly looked at a book. It didn't take too many pictures to figure out why I need to see the place. So Sedona it is. The hotel rooms are very expensive compared to Joshua Tree so I guess a day trip will have to be good enough. I'm excited to have a day off with someone instead of all by myself. My one and only buddy at the resort works at night but usually has the same days off as me. I asked her if she wanted to hang out on one of our days off this week but I guess she took Wed thru Sun off to go home to TX. I'm getting tired of being alone

anyways............back to Chess Titans. I really have no clue how to play but I think I'm starting to figure it out.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #30
arw
Blue Crack Addict

oh and today Roxy had a big day.....we walked then we went for a drive to the bookstore. It was in the morning so still cool enough for her to sit in the car with the windows down. Poor thing was shaking so bad in the car. She's such a nut. Then after we got home I could see that it was already too warm in here for the animals because poor little Lily was laying on her back under the dining room table. So I brought my gigantic fan from my room into the living room. Lily loved it but Roxy ran to the kitchen doorway and stood there with her tail down. She doesn't actually go into the kitchen. We think she's afraid of the tile. So she stood there until I got her a treat and put it close enough to the fan that she'd have to get close to it to eat it. Now she's sleeping closer to the fan than the kitchen door so she must but somewhat comfortable with it. This is the strangest dog I have ever been around.