Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS Online: Rushing flood waters drain Lake Delton

23035_large.jpg

deltonhouse2.jpg

I think that she was in RI this weekend..........don't know about the roomy, I assumed the roomy went too. Getting home might be a challenge, though.......
They said a third of the IN was underwater :(.

The local news just interviewed one of the people that lost their home in Lake Delton.......everytime he tears up, I do too.
Not only are you talking losing houses, stuff...........you are talking jobs and lost money in a already poor economy.

:angry: I just turned on the news to find what is becoming a daily event....a child drowns in a pool due to lack of parental supervision. I just don't get it. My parents watched when we were in our little kiddie pools in the backyard! I can't imagine just letting my tiny little kid outside to use the pool without watching them. Unfortunately most of the time when they show a grieving family member being interviewed, English is a 2nd language. Everything else around here is bilingual so I can't imagine pool warning signs aren't in English and Spanish. It just blows my mind to see this as a top story all the time. :tsk:

^That is so sad. My parents watched me like a hawk, too, when I was in my kiddie pool.
While I feel sad for the family, I also feel :mad:. Is it laziness or a "it will never happen to us" attitude or what? Common sense where are you? Meanwhile a little kid has lost his/her life :( I don't have any tolerance for that kind of stupidity.

It is somewhat comforting to know that many other people cannot comprehend that a lake that was there yesterday at this time, is gone today, and in fact was gone in 20 minutes

Wondering if J and I should even attempt the trip up to Oshkosh on Thursday for the concert. The whole southern part of the state is in a state of emergency. More rain coming for Thursday :sigh:

Just got an e-mail from J, she is still up for going soooooooooooo I guess we are gonna try.

It is somewhat comforting to know that many other people cannot comprehend that a lake that was there yesterday at this time, is gone today, and in fact was gone in 20 minutes

Wondering if J and I should even attempt the trip up to Oshkosh on Thursday for the concert. The whole southern part of the state is in a state of emergency. More rain coming for Thursday :sigh:

Just got an e-mail from J, she is still up for going soooooooooooo I guess we are gonna try.

Just be careful and don't try to drive through any standing water :hug:

So did you sleep or were you too excited? Enjoy RI............say hey to the Ghosthunters if you see them :p
Have a really good time :)

I slept for like 4 hours, and then had a great time. I really didn't want to come back. It's really hard when I get to see a bunch of extended family members and friends. But Jim is coming here this weekend, and as long as The Great Flood doesn't try to happen again this weekend, there will be kickball playoffs, and the summer season starts Thursday...I will like Indy again Thursday, I'm sure. Right now I wish I was in Newport.

It's crazy how many tornadoes there have been so far this Spring. I always get nervous when sirens go off and being kind of geeky I think of what I would grab if I had to run to the basement.

I'm the same way. I got nervous when a storm knocked out the power yesterday and tried to plug a radio into the wall.

:der:

When we were evacuated to the tornado shelter area at work and I looked out the window and saw pitch black, I thought this is it, we are actually gonna get hit. I have never ever seen day turn into night like that..............Customers wanted to be allowed to shop (yes, you bet, I will sell you that polo shirt :|)or go outside and we all hunkered down in our shelter area. The sirens were going off, funnels were being sighted, hail the size of golf balls was being reported (we knew all of this courtesy of Ken and his wonderful cell phone)
Unreal day.

They just showed Chicago and the tornado/funnel that went thru that area. It would touchdown and then go back up............it went right over the heart of the city they said.

One of our stores was closed at 4:50 because they were in the line of a funnel that was headed towards the zoo, the Domes, Miller Park, then downtown and finally UWM college campus.

I can't imagine all of that being gone, just can't

Holy shit!! I would probably throw up if we got evacuated to the tornado shelter at work. I thought it was going to happen Wednesday when the sky turned an evil shade of green, but whatever it was passed over. What do you do with customers? Do they go to the shelter area, too?

I think that she was in RI this weekend..........don't know about the roomy, I assumed the roomy went too. Getting home might be a challenge, though.......
They said a third of the IN was underwater :(.

The local news just interviewed one of the people that lost their home in Lake Delton.......everytime he tears up, I do too.
Not only are you talking losing houses, stuff...........you are talking jobs and lost money in a already poor economy.

We were both in RI while Lake Indiana was developing. I do NOT like watching one home on CNN from another home. The White River is literally one block away and there were flood warnings before we left; we could only imagine what we were going to come home to. After the storm that knocked out the power and freaked me out to the point of trying to plug in a radio, we went for a walk to see how high the river is...and we have a few inches of rain to go before we need to get nervous. They're building a flood wall along the street between our condos and the river, and that should help.

I have never seen such destruction from storms. Every time one blows through, we not only get leaves and small branches scattered around, but entire trees down.

Glad you had a good time, Schmeg :)

As for the geeky weather stuff............I am the queen. I have had a backpack packed and set to go since the Friday tornado warning.

The evacuation at work- Yeah, I am with you on the wanting to throw up. Kinda knew something was coming when I was in the stockroom and saw the dock guy run to the elevator and then I heard him ask the maintenance gal if she knew where the tornado shelter area was. I headed right out to the selling floor and sure enough 2 minutes later...........

In the shelter area I bounced between my dept. gals chatting and then to Ken with the cell phone radar picture........The tension headache was alive and well. The customers were coralled and brought down with us. They milled around the men's dept. while the associates clumped together in the far corner................we took it a bit more seriously than they did, clearly. I like that the cosmetics gals took over the fitting room; no fooling around there.

Schmeg, hope you have no flooding issues. It is scary to be that close.
The destruction has been overwhelming and I am ready for it all to be over now.

Not only have we lost Lake Delton in its entirety we are poised to lose a whole community (Gays Mills) and now another dam is on the verge of going which would drain another lake in the process.
I don't know if my heart is in traveling on Thursday............ severe storms with 1 -2 inches of rain are predicted thanks to the weather system causing 12 inches of snow in Montana.

As of 7 pm the westbound lanes of 94 out by Johnson Creek are being shut down until further notice. Water is coming very close to the road (6 inches). J would be coming east over that road..............I guess the eastbound lanes are higher so they are not closing those as of right now. To get home she would have to take a rather large detour. *nervous nellie worrying about my friend*

Can completely understand the freakout and the plugging in the radio even though the power was out.

Ok, just got back from a trip to Walgreens to purchase a rain poncho. Had one last year but used it for Gaelic Storm Irishfest show and well, the poor poncho met its match in Mother Nature last year.

I just opened it and it has 2 pockets on the outside of the poncho with no closure.......not real helpful. Ingenious ~ not!

Ok it is 57 degrees right now, rain in the forecast, annoying headache in progress, and now the air show in July was cancelled :grumpy: Top Chef is on tonight, the finale.........the way the day is going Lisa *yuck* will prolly win :grumpy:
In reality I am happy with Stephanie or Richard

Last edited:
I would love 57 degrees right now :drool:

Pearl Jam show tomorrow night. I hope I'm not to tired to do this :rockon:

Kings of Leon are opening - I'll never be able to escape them, will I? :reject:

I told Kerry I don't mind if we're a little late and miss most of KOL, but I want her to "experience" at least one KOL song. If I had to suffer for 5 U2 shows, she needs to understand a little why I kept going on about the singer sounding like a tortured pig making random vowel sounds*

*apologies to any and all KOL fans. They're just not my cup of tea (obviously)

Kerry has to experience KOL...............I would recommend at least 3-4 songs, one song isn't enough. You can hide out in the bathroom or getting beverages.
*not a fan either*
BTW, accurate description of lead singer :lol:

ok, so a community in the area has told their people if you hear the tornado siren it means the dam has broke.
Severe storms are coming tomorrow...............not so sure the tornado siren is a good idea

~sending 57 degrees to kelly~
All I ask for is at least 70 degrees at this point.
I would be sobbing uncontrollably if I lived in Montana with all the snow.

ok, so a community in the area has told their people if you hear the tornado siren it means the dam has broke.
Severe storms are coming tomorrow...............not so sure the tornado siren is a good idea

So the choices are go in the basement and possibly drown, or get to high ground and possibly be blow away to your death/struck by lightning?

Nice.

Kerry has to experience KOL...............I would recommend at least 3-4 songs, one song isn't enough. You can hide out in the bathroom or getting beverages.
*not a fan either*
BTW, accurate description of lead singer :lol:

Who could forget that great song "Sooooooooahweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" - that's what he sounded like to me :lol:

After a point, I did start hiding in the bathroom :reject:

our cold water is burning hot right now. It's so hot that I can't even touch it. With what I do for a living, I can handle excessive heat on my hands but this is ridiculous! :madwife: At first I was giving the dog and cat ice in their water when the water was warm but now it's too hot to give them so they're going to have to get bottled water. :| I supposed we could put hot water in the fridge but there's no room :happy:

It's over 100 this whole week and it's only going to get hotter. I can't even imagine how good 57 degrees must feel. I had to make ice cream yesterday for one of the restaurants and it was melting as it was coming out of the ice cream machine because it's so damn hot in the kitchens at work. :yuck:

your cold water is burning hot :huh: wat the? Will share the 57 degrees with you too
Just got this breaking news alert:
Four people were killed when a tornado struck a Boy Scout camp in western Iowa, a state safety official says.
:sigh::(
All this crappy weather needs to be OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom