Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
I don't like drama at work.
3 salaried positions bumped down to hourly today
1 manager position eliminated (happy I never took the job, otherwise I would be unemployed as of the 17th)
re-alignment of other mngrs coming up ~Friday announcement
Happy, happy, joy, joy

Plus at JC Penney's associates were picketing and hanging signs on the signs at the mall entrances that read something about corporate greed................what the hell happened at Penney's
At the staff meeting yesterday, we were told that next year was going to be baaaaaad budget wise.

Things that are on the table as possibilites (besides the "no overtime" thing already in effect):

- hiring freeze
- no raises
- discontinuing the city's dispatch center and having the county handle all of our 911 calls

Good times

Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:18 AM
^also not fun.

I have sent out e-mails to co-workers (not on a regular schedule) this morning to keep them updated. When my company was bought by the other company, they bit off more than they could chew. Our customers even have said it..........they have noticed the changes.

The "good times" are why as much as I want to go somewhere for a vacation, I don't think I will. I just feel like I shouldn't be spending money. I am not exactly helping the economy.......my rebate check will go into the bank.

It has the potential for being a very unexpensive/boring summer. Really all I am truly planning on doing is 1 Bodeans concert (cheap, $10) and Irish Fest. Fun.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #213
ONE
love, blood, life

Half an hour before I leave for the not happiest place on earth
Old 05-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #214
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

It has the potential for being a very unexpensive/boring summer. Really all I am truly planning on doing is 1 Bodeans concert (cheap, $10) and Irish Fest. Fun.

I have a wedding to go to on Aug 16. That means I'm going to miss my Irish fair by a week. Plus.......Gaelic Storm is NOT playing the MN fair this year So I think I may try to talk one of my friends into driving to Milwaukee for the concert on the 17th.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

At the staff meeting yesterday, we were told that next year was going to be baaaaaad budget wise.

Things that are on the table as possibilites (besides the "no overtime" thing already in effect):

- hiring freeze
- no raises
- discontinuing the city's dispatch center and having the county handle all of our 911 calls

Good times
I am an underwriter for a trucker's insurance company. We are having a fuel crisis, it costs $1200 to fill a diesel tank so truckers are abandoning their rigs and not paying their bills, and I have been there the least amount of time, and my supervisor and the senior underwriter who have 12+ years of experience are both worried about their jobs. I finally find a friggin' job I enjoy with great people out here, and I'll be lucky if diesel stays under $5 a gallon!

On the good side, we're going to try a flex time schedule for the summer...
Old 05-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Also:
Gorgonzola cheese is the greatest thing ever invented.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #217
ONE
love, blood, life

arw, Gaelic Storm isn't playing your Irishfest? Odd. I asked off for the Irishfest weekend today. Am hoping I get Friday, Saturday and Sunday.........with all the changes coming up nothing is being promised...........I will at least be going on the 16th........You would love the Milwaukee Irish Fest

schmeg, I saw a news report about the truckers and the cost of diesel . Yeah, you will be lucky if diesel stays under $5. I think I saw a sign here that read $4.35 for diesel.
Oh, and Gouda cheese is the greatest cheese ever invented
Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #218
ONE
love, blood, life

Flipped on the tv and caught the Brewer vs Cub replay on WGN.
I saw Yovani Gallardo jump and land and his knee went..............off in a odd direction. I audibly yelped and grabbed my knee. Sympathy pains. Holy crap how did he not injure it????!! It was similar to what my knee did.
Gagne actually saved the game...........woot!

The Thunderbirds are listed as coming to Milwaukee in the Middle of July FREE AIRSHOW Asked off for that too. I don't ask off for much so I am hoping I get everything.

the only people allowed to wear Crocs are the shoe dept people.......huge promotion. Redrocks would love the giant Croc decals on the floor outside the shoe dept........they go all the way up the aisle and around the corner toward the display rack...........I wish I could take a picture. I thought of him immediately when I walked in and saw it..........my co-workers were wondering why I was giggling I need to find shoes now So much for not spending $$$$$$$$

The JC Penney people are still picketing.............they have some help in some Kohl's associates too Still don't know what is going on.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
schmeg, I saw a news report about the truckers and the cost of diesel . Yeah, you will be lucky if diesel stays under $5. I think I saw a sign here that read $4.35 for diesel.
Oh, and Gouda cheese is the greatest cheese ever invented
You have no idea the busy work I had to come up with today.

Actually cheese is just the greatest thing ever.

Anybody else watch The Office and see what appeared to be an Interference journal on Andy's computer screen tonight, or have I been on the blue crack too much lately?

Also I meant to go to bed 45 minutes ago but I came online to check one thing and then found out a friend from work had Myspace stalked me so I looked at her pictures and then came back here. Oops.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Dammit, I didn't know that changing my location would lose my sig. Someone in this house who takes partial credit for that rule is in trouble.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Flipped on the tv and caught the Brewer vs Cub replay on WGN.
I saw Yovani Gallardo jump and land and his knee went..............off in a odd direction. I audibly yelped and grabbed my knee. Sympathy pains. Holy crap how did he not injure it????!! It was similar to what my knee did.
Gagne actually saved the game...........woot!
Baseball players tend to stretch more than vacationers.

He SAVED the GAME?! If I remember correctly, the Brewers were up a few runs the other night in the 7th inning and the roomie was nervous, and I told him not to worry because it was getting close to the Gagne inning. We are going to Boston for the Sox/Brewers game in a few weeks and I SOOOOO hope Gange pitches because I just want to hear all those Bostonians heckling him. If Cincy fans were merciless, Boston fans will be pure evil.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #222
ONE
love, blood, life

Maybe I will have to go to hulu.com and check out The Office episode.
~moment of silence for schmeg's old signature~
Yes, Gagne saved the game. I would bet that you will see Gagne in Boston. Enjoy Everyone here is talking about the "knee that isn't meant to go that direction" ~ *twitch*

I am off today, yet heading towards work to see if any of the changes were announced..........Worked with a manager last night who was awfully interested in my work schedule I left work thinking that he will be our manager. I can also see first hand the Penney's picketers on the mall road.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #223
ONE
love, blood, life

Home. No news.

Bought open toed sandals with straps across the back. Will see how these work. I am quickly becoming the shoe queen ~ I am not known for my love of shoe shopping. Before I killed my knee I was getting into kitten heels and have several pair that are just sitting in the closet. Have to purchase another pair of Asics too ~ mine have been worn to death and have very little support left.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #224
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Baseball players tend to stretch more than vacationers.

He SAVED the GAME?! If I remember correctly, the Brewers were up a few runs the other night in the 7th inning and the roomie was nervous, and I told him not to worry because it was getting close to the Gagne inning. We are going to Boston for the Sox/Brewers game in a few weeks and I SOOOOO hope Gange pitches because I just want to hear all those Bostonians heckling him. If Cincy fans were merciless, Boston fans will be pure evil.
Quote:
HOUSTON -- The relief expressed by Brewers right-hander Yovani Gallardo on Thursday was painfully short-lived. Gallardo has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that likely will require surgery and could end his season.....
stretch yes, but they are not that bendy *cringe*
Old 05-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

stretch yes, but they are not that bendy *cringe*
Ouch.