Randoooooooom: So I guess we can start arguing about politics now . . . - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Tru Dat 'bout the shovelin

sorry your summer only lasted a day. 60 degrees and the sun showed up here

My Gaelic Storm concert on local PBS

Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
My week off has come to an end. CF had time off as well since she's in job transition so we decided to go to NYC for a few days. It will be awhile before she'll have the chance to go somewhere like that again with the changes. The part that sucked is that I ended up getting a cold and still have it. I'm even more in love with NY than I was before. When we left my dad asked if I would be coming back or not.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #153
ONE
love, blood, life

New York ~ I would love to go back some day. Glad you had a good time

I just peeked into the Math thread.........................*ran screaming from the thread* Math challenged here

Went to a local custard stand today to try pancakes and syrup custard ........................holy crap was it good That, my dear randooomers, was the highlight of the day............totally lazy for the rest of it............eating custard and being lazy are not a good mix
Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:30 AM
Shari, we were at the Reds/Brewers game today. I'm really, REALLY sorry about GagMe- I mean, Gagne.

The Reds fans were taunting him in the bull pen...it was actually quite amusing.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

On behalf of the state of WI and Brewer fans everywhere I accept your sympathy.
Serving up back to back homeruns / sarcasm
Old 04-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life

very quiet randoom
Hope your concert was wonderful kelly
I am sure it was quite emotional.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #157
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Concert was good. I'm kicking myself for not going to the Tampa show though - I think that one was probably better (imho - Tampa setlist looked awesome, it had more of my personal favorites). I'm more of a "greatest hits" Springsteen fan . If I was as obsessed with Springsteen as I am with U2, I'm sure I would have been more impressed with all of the rare, older tunes . It was still good, but I didn't know quite a few of the songs. I posted a little more in the Springsteen thread.

The band seemed to be in a really good mood, so I think they got out a lot of the sadness at the previous show.

Clarence is just the coolest dude ever . There was a roar from the crowd every time he had a sax solo - awesome

I need sleep though. For some reason, I had bad heartburn after the show once I got back to the hotel (must have been the three excedrins I took ), so I didn't really get to sleep until 3 a.m., and then I got lost in downtown Orlando this morning trying to get home
Old 04-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #158
arw
Blue Crack Addict

today is day 9 of my 10-12 hour shifts. I'm soooooooo ready to be done! Everyone else has 3-4 more days of it left before they get a break. I feel really bad for my team that I'm leaving them at the end of all of this but I have to go. I ended up getting a full day off on Friday, which pisses me off to no end because I could have booked an early morning flight. I was told I needed to work until noon so I booked a flight on an airline that only flies to MSP once a day. I land at 10 pm MSP time tomorrow night :wasteofday: Oh well.......at least I won't be at work
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life

kelly ~ Glad the concert was good. I do not know Bruuuuce's songs like I know U2 songs, but I fell in love with the "unknowns" at my concert..............and as a result for the most part it has been "all Bruce all the time" lately............except for when the evil co-workers chant the B-52's Rock Lobster at me.........makes me wanna and all at the same time.
Agree about Clarence. Same crowd thing happened here. Sorry about the heartburn

Hey arw was wondering how things were going with you. Yay for surviving it! Have a safe flight home and maybe you can catch some of the Spring storms we are getting tomorrow . Inhale deeply too. I can smell the flowering trees around here when I do that....................heaven
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
^ Yeah, I really like "Out in the Street" now, that's my new unknown favorite "Lost in the Flood" was good too.

arw, is this the graduation trip home?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #161
arw
Blue Crack Addict

yes this is the graduation trip home! I will be home for all of about 36 hours but it's better than nothing! It's going to be rainy and cool all weekend spring rain
Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #162
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I feel weird not working today. In the last 3 weeks I've only had 2 days off. In the past week, I've worked at least 10 hours a day, sometimes 12. One day it was 13. I looked at my hours on the timeclock last night because the pay period ended yesterday. I worked a grand total of 115 hours this pay period. I'll get time and a half on 35 of those hours It will be about an extra 1/2 of one normal paycheck......all of it's going into my savings, along with the tax check I'll get next month, to put towards my new computer
Old 04-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #163
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I want to leave!!!!!!!!!!!! The shuttle is coming to pick me up in a little over an hour.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
yes this is the graduation trip home! I will be home for all of about 36 hours but it's better than nothing!
I love 36 hours back in the old home state! It's better than 27! Someday I would like to actually be home long enough to go to Providence AND Newport. Problem is, whenever I go home, it's like I'm on break from school again, and I just relax so much I spend half the time asleep on the couch. I used to spend the first 2 or 3 days home from school asleep on various floors or pieces of furniture or under Christmas trees, and now that house has that same "AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh" [insert sound of deep relaxation] vibe to it again.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

This was the longest week ever at work for some reason and I'm SO glad it's Friday! I had the same fight with the same guy 3 times and this whole afternoon I panicked every time my phone rang. He didn't call, and now we have dinner plans, and we're going to the Cubs/Nationals game in DC Sunday, and life is good!