Randoooooooom Says Bring On Pumpkin Bread! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Someone was on CNN earlier...a past or current politician, I didn't pay attention...and she was thanking the government for all their help and saying the President was doing a great job. This was after they showed people in the convention center without food and water, clips of snipers shooting at rescue helicopters, looters, and talked about a mall burning down.
I'm not even going to go there. Did you see the clip where they were talking about how bad it was at the convention center and showed the elderly woman that passed away and they just covered her with a blanket in a wheelchair and there was someone in a sheet next to her. That made me cry. There was a man on the other day that lost his wife that had me in tears each time I saw the clip.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #32
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I know. I'm the same way. I've seen stuff that has made me teary and I cant believe that when people are left with nothing...not home...no job...maybe lost loved ones that there are people going around shooting, stealing and creating more chaos. It really makes you wonder.
It was always one of those places on my list of places to go. I wish I would have so I would have a visual now of what's missing.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

he's doing a great job 1000 people died in Iraq yesterday so I'm sure he's too busy dealing with them to worry about his country.
Gotta love W.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

Ugh. Bush talk in Randoooooom.

I can't watch any more coverage of that, it's too heartbreaking.

I'm going to go watch Kurt & Courtney now.

umpkinbread:
Old 09-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Quote:

he's doing a great job 1000 people died in Iraq yesterday so I'm sure he's too busy dealing with them to worry about his country.
And we don't actually need armed forces in our own country when there's a disaster like this. They should definitely be over there so there's a very limited number to help out people who need it.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

It was always one of those places on my list of places to go. I wish I would have so I would have a visual now of what's missing.
Since we were there almost a year ago it really hit me. I'm glad that I was able to see it as its was and sad for those who didnt because it was truly unique compared to the rest of the US and was one of our oldest cities so there is alot of history that is lost. There we buildings there going back to the 1700's. They can rebuild it all but the character would be lost...for me at least. The place I keep thinking about is Cafe Du Monde...yeah its a coffee place but that was one of my favorite memories...sitting outside with a cafe au lait and beignets. I would have loved for all of us to go there and go there just to go there for the beignets.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

umpkinbread:
umpkinbread: huh...................?
Schmeg, maybe you would like that.
for the record my vote on pumpkinbread is

New Orleans was also on my list of places to go.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:48 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm not even going to go there. Did you see the clip where they were talking about how bad it was at the convention center and showed the elderly woman that passed away and they just covered her with a blanket in a wheelchair and there was someone in a sheet next to her. That made me cry. There was a man on the other day that lost his wife that had me in tears each time I saw the clip.
Yeah, I saw that.

My mom had been complaining all day about how I'm living out of the living room and the kitchen (even though she TOLD me to put all my stuff in there for the carpet cleaning and the repainting!!!) and we watched a lady pick up the pieces of her house a few hours ago. I don't think she'll be complaining much about the living room now.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

umpkinbread: huh...................?
Schmeg, maybe you would like that.
for the record my vote on pumpkinbread is

New Orleans was also on my list of places to go.
umpkinbread: looks good to me! Maybe I'll have to try to acquire a taste this fall and then I'll always associate pumpkinbread with U2. Espeically since I seem to be in the minority here!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

I realized that I had been starting to watch too much CNN when I thought....Anderson Cooper...not bad.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

It was very nice for the Tennesee Titan to throw the ball to a Packer, they should do that more often
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I realized that I had been starting to watch too much CNN when I thought....Anderson Cooper...not bad.
Like attractive, not bad?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #44
arw
Blue Crack Addict

People on the radio this morning were saying that they dont' feel bad or consider the people left as "victims" because they were too stupid to stay My 90 year old grandpa lives a half hour away from us. If we were forced to leave in a rush like that it could take hours to get to him and by then it could be too late. I have a feeling a lot of 90 year old grandpa's were left behind over the weekend Plus what about the people that did leave only with a few days worth of clothes thinking they were coming back home in a few days? They have no home, no personal belongings, no job, no money, nothing. I just dont' get why it appears that NOTHING is being done to help anyone down there.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
It was very nice for the Tennesee Titan to throw the ball to a Packer, they should do that more often
A Patriot did that to a Giant. They got their asses kicked.