Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What she said.

I don't know, though, saying hi in passing is challenging :rolleyes:

I nearly do it instinctively after a decade of retail. :lol: I can't imagine it being a challenge to say hi.

I think it's not the fact that they are saying hi to someone but the fact that saying hi makes it seem like they are trying to be nice or that they actually care about the guest or the fact that it's part of our job to give the guest 110%. One girl said she hates the "how are you" question and never asks it to anyone because she genuinely does not care how the other person is doing. :happy: :up:

:sad: the voice of Snoopy died. Yes...Snoopy had a voice. Of course being a dog he couldn't actually speak but he was very vocally expressive in other ways. He was able to laugh though and a fine laugh it was.

RIP voice of Snoopy! :sad: I'll have a chocolate chip cookie and a frosty mug of rootbeer in your honor.......

Yankees? I read that sentence and then re-read it............:faint:
Go Yankees I guess.......wow, that just feels wrong.

:sad: the voice of Snoopy died. Yes...Snoopy had a voice. Of course being a dog he couldn't actually speak but he was very vocally expressive in other ways. He was able to laugh though and a fine laugh it was.

RIP voice of Snoopy! :sad: I'll have a chocolate chip cookie and a frosty mug of rootbeer in your honor.......
:( Will do the chocolate chip and frosty mug of rootbeer thing too .........I loved that laugh.

I fell asleep watching TV around 10 for about a half hour. I've been up ever since. :scream: I woke up at my normal 4:30 am hour but didn't get up until about 8. I start the night shift again on Friday and was really hoping to not make staying up all night a habit but here I am wide awake in the middle of the night.

Lily is to blame for part of this. She usually sleeps with me or at least in my room. My sister changed her food the other day so her little world has been full of stress ever since. She actually mixed it and Lily has barely gotten any of the new food with the old but just the sight of the new food in her bowl is enough to stress her out. She didn't even want to eat the treats in the bowl that were mixed in with the food. She's eaten a little more today, twice, than she has since the big change happened. But tonight for whatever reason she's curled up in a little ball next to me and keeps sighing and shaking her paws. She was laying on her back for a bit and usually when we trying to pet her tummy she claws us but tonight she didn't even move. She's just not Lily right now. I have no idea if this is normal cat behavior when new food is introduced but my sister said this is not the first time she's had to change food so Lily will eventually get over it. I can't sleep when I have this little cat next to me making noises and movements that she normally doesn't do. It's driving me crazy everytime she moves because she's practically laying on top of me. She was in my way of getting comfy in bed so I picked her up and moved her. She didn't even come out of her little ball when I did that. Normally she'll hop of my bed if I even touch her when she's curled up. :( She just ran out of here so maybe she's off to sleep under the bed in the other room with her favorite mouse........she's back.......I hope she sleeps so I can sleep. I don't have the heart to completely kick her out and close my door since she's already upset.

^ sorry.........
and good morning :yawn:

It is cool and the remains of Gustav are beginning to hit............in other words, the perfect morning to sleep in.

Gotta get ready now

My turn to vent :), one of the customer service people left. So they pulled my van driver, who used to be customer service, back to the empty customer service job - until the hiring freeze is over and they can hire a new customer service person. They fixed one problem, but now I'm out a van driver. So now I'm back to driving the van, yay! :| Plus another one of my staff is retiring and trying to use up all of her vacation before she goes, so she's currently off for three weeks.

So basically, the custodian is there with the seniors while I'm out driving.

At least he's a great guy and a hard worker. But still, the senior program is being supervised by the custodian right now :|

You right ahead, my dear :)
oh my...............the custodian. Estimates as to how long the hiring freeze is?

trying out this multi-quote thing

Yankees? I read that sentence and then re-read it............:faint:
Go Yankees I guess.......wow, that just feels wrong.

Doesn't it? So wrong, but I guess now I cheer for two teams...the Red Sox and whoever beats the Rays. :ohmy:

My Cubs got swept by the Astros, at home, no less. :sad:

That was very sad. We have Reds/Cubs tickets Sunday and we'll bring the Cubbies some good luck! Even though it's the end of our Dusty Baker's Dozen of Reds tickets, we will be in full Cubbies regalia. I'm dorkily excited to wear my Cubs hat!

Okay, I guess I root for three teams, then...the Red Sox, the Cubs, and whoever beats the Rays. And I will be a Twins fan by marriage. Pretty soon I'll be a fan of everyone...except those other Sox, the Rays, and the Yankees.

So basically, the custodian is there with the seniors while I'm out driving.

At least he's a great guy and a hard worker. But still, the senior program is being supervised by the custodian right now :|

:yikes:

let's score some runs!

hwl

:cute:

That is odd^ I will get a metallic taste in my mouth sometimes before a migraine
*hopes you don't get a migraine*

Schmeg that hat is too :cute:

today was only one day, right? I swear it felt like 2.

Plan was to work till 1. Got extra hands this morning so I felt like it was going to work out like that. Visual/myself and boss go to Starbucks, his treat.......a thank you. Get back into store and am now 15 minutes behind. Phone call message to call vacationing co-worker. Plan to do this when I get home. Continue filling in floor. Phone call from co-worker. She is getting out from her other job early, would I like her to come in. YES!. Decide to stick around to fill her in on what needs to be done. Take lunch. Co-worker comes in a goes to unpack stock while I finish lunch. Go back to work. Begin filling the floor again. Boss comes over and tells me that vacationing co-worker is on phone and has bad news and she wants to talk to me............boss goes on to say that just let her know that she can have as much time as she needs. I am getting upset as I walk to the phone and am hesitant to pick it up. Deep breath, begin talking. She is crying. Her daughter-in laws brother killed himself. I just let her talk. He had issues in the past but would call his father and father would get him to tell him where he was and he would go get him. He wouldn't say this time. A half hour after this phone call he killed himself. Co-worker said it was on the news.............I said, "on the news?" Yes, he jumped........as soon as she said this I finished the sentence. I was getting ready for work when the news broke.........man jumps off Wells Street bridge onto freeway and lands on truck. Trucker taken to hospital.............I remember talking back to the radio, saying I would thinks so..........maybe not physical injury, but for shock. Wow.
I finish talking to co-worker and am upset and tell other co-workers who have heard what boss said and have watched my reaction as I talked on the phone.
Collect myself. Say prayer. Go to finish. Boss comes up and thanks us again and says he is going to leave..........I say good night. I am thinking I can leave soon myself............then before I know it boss is calling my name. I look up and there with boss is regional director of stores *gulp*. Faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous. We proceed to play 20 questions. He really is pleased with set up and how dept. looks. Thank God. At 4:45 I punch out. 2 hours and 23 minutes overtime. :drool:. Go to World Market to purchase beer. Drinking this now.

Sorry about long post. More beer.

:shifty: true confessions:
Everytime I read the word boss in the above post, I picture Bruuuuuuuce :reject:
I think I need help :help:
According to Backstreets a taper has uploaded Milwaukee............now we wait for it come up on Jungleland or DIME :waiting:

Good news: I subscribed to Backstreets to get more Boss in my life :up: it came today :hyper:
The bad news: As I was getting it out of the mailbox and rejoicing I noticed a wasp in the mailbox. I yanked that priority mail out of the mailbox sooooo fast! I shook out the mail cuz I swore that I saw 2 wasps in the mailbox and was convinced that it was in the mail...........I slowly opened the mailbox and there was a small nest with the other one crawling out of :scream: Did any of you hear that? It was quite blood curdling.
Now I have the heebie jeebies and am convinced there is one in the house, although I have not seen any and both of them were in the mailbox when I screamed.
I keep looking at my mail and shaking it out and there is nothing........
:scream:

I see Brett's team won today.......hopefully tomorrow his former team won't have the same luck :flirt: Now that I work nights again, I had to request tomorrow night off to watch the game. :der: It starts at 4 pm here. How weird to watch Mon football in the afternoon......

I can't decide if I should go home in Oct for a wedding. I do want to go home but I don't think it will be for as long as I had originally thought. :hmm: The ticket is definitely affordable for that week and I really hate to miss a wedding, especially someone in my family, but.....there's also other places I could go in the next few months. I need to send my card in soon. I should just put *maybe* on it so they at least have it.

I'm watching the Cardinals play. I guess they're my "other" team now that I live here. As long as they're not in the nfc north I have no problem cheering on another team. It does feel like I'm cheating a little but I'll never give up my purple pride :tsk:

I can't decide if I should go home in Oct for a wedding. I do want to go home but I don't think it will be for as long as I had originally thought. :hmm: The ticket is definitely affordable for that week and I really hate to miss a wedding, especially someone in my family, but.....there's also other places I could go in the next few months. I need to send my card in soon. I should just put *maybe* on it so they at least have it.

From someone who has been dealing with this in the last few weeks, I think they would prefer a definite answer. Wedding meals are expensive (which is why I didn't complain much when my dad didn't make enough invites), and if I was planning my tables as they RSVP's were coming in, normal non-procrastinaty people are doing the same thing. Just come to an actual decision by the RSVP date, and give them a call or send an e-mail to let them know your response is in the mail, and if you have decided to go and there are meal choices, what your meal choice is.

Although I was recently informed that Minnesotans consider RSVP's optional, so that could be my New England talking, and in that case ignore everything I just said and send your maybe along.

:angel:

I'm watching the Cardinals play. I guess they're my "other" team now that I live here. As long as they're not in the nfc north I have no problem cheering on another team. It does feel like I'm cheating a little but I'll never give up my purple pride :tsk:

I think I'm supposed to consider the Colts my "other" team, and for about a year I did, but for some reason this year i just can't do it.

Not to mention football season means winter is coming and I just don't want summer to end.

Speaking of my other team...Ms. Purrl, I'm sorry the luck we tried to bring to the Cubbies ran out in the bottom of the 9th inning. :(

I now have 2 teams, #2 team won today :up: The better Favre does, the better it is for the Packers in the trade deal............Go Jets :)
Tom Brady ~ Ouch! *sympathy* The man is screaming in pain on the field and then he is forced to walk down stairs to get off the field????!?!? WTF?

I worked today, I so didn't want to. The Harley torrent came up so I DL'd that and wanted to convert and listen to it plus I wanted to watch the Jets game........they added Jets games around here once the trade happened.

Tomorrow night :drool:

Although I was recently informed that Minnesotans consider RSVP's optional

I've never heard of that in my life....we always send in our RSVP's in the same manor as New Englanders!

I should have mentioned it's a casual party at the groom's parent's house and not a sit down dinner. The maybe would be perfectly acceptable in this case, especially since a definite answer would follow once I know for sure.

I now have 2 teams, #2 team won today :up: The better Favre does, the better it is for the Packers in the trade deal............Go Jets :)
Tom Brady ~ Ouch! *sympathy* The man is screaming in pain on the field and then he is forced to walk down stairs to get off the field????!?!? WTF?

I worked today, I so didn't want to. The Harley torrent came up so I DL'd that and wanted to convert and listen to it plus I wanted to watch the Jets game........they added Jets games around here once the trade happened.

Tomorrow night :drool:

Amanda needs a copy of that concert! I want to know what all the hype is about :flirt:

Amanda needs to PM shari her address :D
I was just at Jungleland checking out the comments........it is rated 5 stars. A taper in the comments section said that there are 5 *superior* versions out there.........:combust::drool:

Watching Sunday night football and Peter King just kind of updated the Tom Brady injury.......it does not sound good...........I pray it does not include the words "tibial plateau* in any way, shape or form.

Amanda needs to PM shari her address :D
I was just at Jungleland checking out the comments........it is rated 5 stars. A taper in the comments section said that there are 5 *superior* versions out there.........:combust::drool:

Watching Sunday night football and Peter King just kind of updated the Tom Brady injury.......it does not sound good...........I pray it does not include the words "tibial plateau* in any way, shape or form.

:flirt: sent

I think I'm supposed to consider the Colts my "other" team, and for about a year I did, but for some reason this year i just can't do it.

Not to mention football season means winter is coming and I just don't want summer to end.

Speaking of my other team...Ms. Purrl, I'm sorry the luck we tried to bring to the Cubbies ran out in the bottom of the 9th inning. :(

The Colts aren't looking very good tonight. And that Cubs/Reds 9th inning was hard to believe--Saturday night's game was so very cool, guess they just had a melt-down today. We always turn down the sound on the TV and listen to Pat Hughes and Ron Santo on WGM. Last night Ron was saying, "Save something for tomorrow", but I guess they didn't. On to St. Louis Tuesday. :applaud:

:combust: received
at least there is a message that I got a PM..............will check it when I get home tonight.
The 'puter ran amok last night. It insisted I update it................I am now tentively off Thursday so I will prolly burn copies and send out then :).................

Listened to the concert this morning :faint: A couple spots with trouble or missing the beginning VERY minor)............the sound is wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom