Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Img214070809.jpg

img.171482_t.jpg

610x.jpg

synchro_supreme.gif

One is an Olympic sport, one is not. I love synchronized swimming and appreciate the difficulty of what they do, but I'm not convinced synchronized skating shouldn't be its Winter sister sport.

:wave: fah
It is official, I am the only person not to have seen the Dark Knight :sigh: Am thinking of going myself.

I haven't seen it and I really have no desire to, but I think we might be seeing it on Imax Monday night.

Img214070809.jpg

img.171482_t.jpg

610x.jpg

synchro_supreme.gif

One is an Olympic sport, one is not. I love synchronized swimming and appreciate the difficulty of what they do, but I'm not convinced synchronized skating shouldn't be its Winter sister sport.

Good point.

They just had a story about the marathoner who was pushed out by that crazy guy in 2004 and still got the bronze. That was a lot more uplifting than I thought it would be.

schmeg, I thought of you this afternoon when I saw the Syncro swimming. You have a good point.

I haven't seen it and I really have no desire to, but I think we might be seeing it on Imax Monday night.

I haven't seen it, either . . . nor the X-Files movie . . . nor the new Mummy movie. I am so lame. It seems like the weekend gets here, and I'm so exhausted and burnt out from the work week (which gets increasingly more hectic and out of of control :sad:) that all I want to do is stay in the house, keep cool, and just hang out.

I do, however, hope to see "Burn After Reading" when it comes out September 12; the trailers look pretty funny. Who knew George Clooney and Brad Pitt had such a flair for goony comedy?

I haven't seen it, either . . . nor the X-Files movie . . . nor the new Mummy movie. I am so lame. It seems like the weekend gets here, and I'm so exhausted and burnt out from the work week (which gets increasingly more hectic and out of of control :sad:) that all I want to do is stay in the house, keep cool, and just hang out.

I do, however, hope to see "Burn After Reading" when it comes out September 12; the trailers look pretty funny. Who knew George Clooney and Brad Pitt had such a flair for goony comedy?
Sorry about the work week. I haven't seen any of those flicks either :(

:angry::angry::angry:

The Vikings lost in the last seconds of the game :mad: They were ahead the entire game :angry::angry::angry::mad:

The Packers won

:faint: Oh my god.....

If I wouldn't have been home this week, this letter probably would have gone unnoticed. I'm shaking.....ok so my insurance co (along with the rest of the world) thinks I still live in MN. I got a letter saying that they have been charging me too much on my car for a few years. So I got a refund check. It says something like if the amount is under $10 they'll credit my account otherwise a check will be enclosed. I didn't read it correctly and only saw the $10 and thought to myself "great...I'm getting a crappy $10 check. Too bad it's not for a few hundred...." Um....it's enough for me to buy a Mac laptop. :faint: Of course I won't. I'll be good and put it towards one of my annoying credit cards. I'm shaking. I had to run upstairs to my dad to have him read the letter and the check to make sure it's legit! :love:

I found a penny face up today on my way to the fair. Good, but very minor, things happened to my friends at the fair today. They both joked that my penny was only good for them and not me. I guess not. :faint:

:ohmy: The check is dated 8-8-2008.

That is awesome....if only something like that would happen for me!

Also to those who haven't seen Dark Knight....neither have I. I've wanted to but it's hard to find a good time to go to the movies.

I finally had an entire weekend off. :dance: Yesterday did go to our work event which was fun until it got way too hot and humid to really enjoy anything. Wandered around with CF for a bit after that and caught up on some sleep. Today it was laundry day....bleh.

:wave: kariann, feeling better?
Just found this:
The almanac's 2009 edition, which goes on sale Tuesday, says at least two-thirds of the country can expect colder-than-average temperatures this winter, with only the Far West and Southeast in line for near-normal readings.
"This is going to be catastrophic for millions of people," said almanac editor Peter Geiger.
The almanac predicts above-normal snowfall for the Great Lakes and Midwest, especially during January and February, and above-normal precipitation for the Southwest in December and for the Southeast in January and February. The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions will likely have an unusually wet or snowy February, the almanac said.
:|

Gonna go fall asleep to the closing ceremony now. How can weekends go so fast?

:wave: kariann, feeling better?
Just found this:

:|

Gonna go fall asleep to the closing ceremony now. How can weekends go so fast?

When I am king, the weekends will be three days. We just get to feeling almost human again after the two days, but then we have to get up and start all over again. :sad:

We opted to watch "The Return of the King" instead of the closing ceremonies. I don't care how many times I see the LOTR movies, I will always watch them again. They are just beyond words.

great pics! I wish I could have been there. My friend did go but wasn't able to compete. Her daughter is also on the team and competed (that just kills me that she's old enough to be on the team. She was born exactly 3 weeks before we graduated HS!!!! :eek: ) . If I would have known they were going to be there I probably would have tried to get there somehow.

Someday I'll get there......

and :madspit: on you Packers!!!

That is awesome....if only something like that would happen for me!

Also to those who haven't seen Dark Knight....neither have I. I've wanted to but it's hard to find a good time to go to the movies.

I finally had an entire weekend off. :dance: Yesterday did go to our work event which was fun until it got way too hot and humid to really enjoy anything. Wandered around with CF for a bit after that and caught up on some sleep. Today it was laundry day....bleh.

yeah it was a great feeling to see my name on that check. however.....I did a big payment on my credit card with it last night so it's all gone now :( That card is almost paid off now. I think I'll appreciate it more once I get my next statement. When the tax man comes next Winter, the card will be gone!!!! :love: Now I just have 4 more left to pay off :scream: I kept $100 of it in my account. I may order the U2 box set or just save some of the money to put towards Under a Blood Red Sky next month.

Glad you had some time off. I know you're working a lot of lately.

: ohnoes:^

It is Harley week! Only gonna get louder around here...................some of that noise will probably be from me. It will come in the form of wailing. Ebay calls me for Springsteen tickets.............don't want to spend $$$$$$$$$ plus I am paranoid about buying tickets off of ebay:shrug:. I still hold that since I could hear Elton John outside the venue last time, I will certainly be able to hear Springsteen so it is like being right there, inside ..........................*hopefully*

: ohnoes:^

It is Harley week! Only gonna get louder around here...................some of that noise will probably be from me. It will come in the form of wailing. Ebay calls me for Springsteen tickets.............don't want to spend $$$$$$$$$ plus I am paranoid about buying tickets off of ebay:shrug:. I still hold that since I could hear Elton John outside the venue last time, I will certainly be able to hear Springsteen so it is like being right there, inside ..........................*hopefully*
:reject: I just spent $$$$
BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippie:
:reject:

I don't think I am gonna breathe until I have those tickets in my hand and am in the Roadhouse on the Lakefront staring at the stage. I have never purchased tickets to a concert off of ebay...........person had 100% rating and lives near here.......but still...........*nerves*

I don't think I am gonna breathe until I have those tickets in my hand and am in the Roadhouse on the Lakefront staring at the stage. I have never purchased tickets to a concert off of ebay...........person had 100% rating and lives near here.......but still...........*nerves*

it's fine. I've been both buyer and seller for tix on ebay and all has gone smoothly.

I'm jealous! You'll have to call me :flirt:

:yuck: on the barfing :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:

One phone call coming up :D
I am actually :hyper: and :sick: at the same time about doing this.
I bought them before asking J if she wanted to spend the $. :shifty: If worse comes to worse, I will just foot the bill. I figure that we just got 2 tickets for what we just spent on one each in March :shrug:
Rationalizing :angel:

:drool: thunder and lightening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :hyper::hyper::hyper:

It's super windy right now and the rain is coming down in buckets. Too bad it's still 100 degrees out :|

:yuck: on the barfing :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:

One phone call coming up :D
I am actually :hyper: and :sick: at the same time about doing this.
I bought them before asking J if she wanted to spend the $. :shifty: If worse comes to worse, I will just foot the bill. I figure that we just got 2 tickets for what we just spent on one each in March :shrug:
Rationalizing :angel:

I've had to pay the entire bill before too but it's soooooooo worth it! :yes:

Just spoke to J. Played true confessions about spending her $$$$$$ :angel: She seemed very cool with the idea
Found in Backstreets
The curfew in Milwaukee is 11 p.m. on fridays and sats, but it only applies to minors. Vets park in not in a residential area, so there is no issue with noise. Besides, one rock band and 40,000 people will be nothing compared to 125,000 Harleys going until the wee hours.

:lol:
On tv they just showed the stage being assembled and some of Springsteens stuff has arrived~ OMG

it is 70 degrees and breezy and all the fresh air pouring in is making me sleepy.
i am sick of work drama. every friggin day, something new. too lazy to hit caps on keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom