Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
went to Stillwater for about 2 hours. My mom bought me a gigantic serrated knife at the chef's store. :love: I always have to borrow one at work so now I have my own. It has a wooden handle too :drool:

My sister is at the airport on her way back already :( I'm glad for the animals that she's coming home. If my experience alone with them for 5 days was any indication of how they are when they are really all alone with just someone popping in 2 times a day to feed and walk the dog, then they've been a mess since Wed night when everyone left. Roxy is probably curled up in a tight little ball in front of her little bed and stuffed piggies, with watery eyes and deep sighs. Lily has probably been in the front window or on a chair she knows she's not allowed to be on....also curled up in a tight little ball making loud sighs. Those poor little girls. :sad:

:mad: I called my top 2 hotels about transferring. My HR dept said to call up the HR dept of the location I want to transfer to instead of looking online because it's not up to date. So the 1st hotel I called was pretty rude and said that either she can look online and tell me or I can do it myself :huh: I introduced myself as a pastry employee with the company currently looking to transfer and let her know what my HR dept said about looking online. She said it wasn't the case with their location. So after I hung up I did go to the main website and look. Sure enough this location had plenty of jobs listed but none for my line of work. So then I called #2. The person was so much nicer. She said they had something a while back but filled it last month. I gave her the same speech about who I was and let her know the 1st location said to go online, my current location said not to so I asked how would I find out when a position is available with them. She gave me their job hotline #. I have 2 locations left to call and then that's that. I know next month is going to be a much different story as all of these places will start to hire for the Fall and Winter holidays. I just figured as long as I was home maybe I could meet with the Pastry Chef. I suppose I still could do that and also tour their kitchen. I should have asked....especially location #2. :angry: Damn. People tour our kitchen all the time when they're looking for work, even when we're not hiring.

I have an unexpected day off with pay *confuzzled*
Went in early for a couple hours work then had Dr. appt. at 10:15 and then was going to go back in for the afternoon.
Boss came in and heard that I had done stuff at home.
I mentioned the dr. appt and that I would be back afterwards. He said no I wouldn't. He got the paperwork together that gave me the rest of the day off with pay. It was very nice of him and I appreciate being compensated for my time but there is a literal ski hill of mdse. just sitting there not being worked on. Tomorrow another ski hill of mdse will show up :happy:

Dr. news ~ It's offiicial. the numbness and tingling that I have constantly in my toes, foot ankle and lower leg is nerve damage *woot*. I don't like hearing the work sciatic nerve mentioned in conjuntion with *the nerves that run in that area that you fractured are part of the sciatic nerve* :happy:
To quote a co-worker when things get icky, "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!".

One work day left.

Looking back on the past years that I have had trim, this is easily the worst. ASM asked what percentage of stock is in and I told him that I have no idea. We are still unwrapping stock from the first deliveries.............all of that stock got buried by the new stock each day. I have no blessed clue what is back there in the pile.

One person most days, 2 people once in awhile, is not enough to do things correctly. Minimum is 3 people, 4 people even better.

:happy: I am still oddly calm thru all this..............exhausted, but calm.

Countdown to Aug 30 and listening to Bruuuuuuce and E-Street band from outside the venue as they play at the Harley Anniv. Party at the lakefront :up:................It better not rain.

MIF2008614.jpg

:whistle:

:heart:

Not mine. I will post the pics I took last weekend, this weekend....................I wish I took that one^

To cheer shari up, I've come up with lyrics to NBC's olympic theme song that they play every night:

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis the o-lym-pics theme song
Yes it's the song that starts ev-ry olympics shooooooow
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis the o-lym-pics theme song
That's all there is, now let's go and watch some spooooooorts

I'll miss the olympics :sad:

Last edited:

I already miss Michael Phelps.

My coworker had a dream the other night that she had to choose between her husband and Michael Phelps.

Back for the '88 Olympics a local radio station would play a parody of the Olympic theme song I've been trying to find but can't. It went something like,

This is the Olympic theme song
Even though you do not know the words
Run in and light the torch
Wave all the flags
And then release the birds.

I'm good at lyrics, even when they're 20 years old. :reject:

To cheer shari up, I've come up with lyrics to NBC's olympic theme song that they play every night:

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! :heart:

I already miss Michael Phelps.

My coworker had a dream the other night that she had to choose between her husband and Michael Phelps.

Back for the '88 Olympics a local radio station would play a parody of the Olympic theme song I've been trying to find but can't. It went something like,

This is the Olympic theme song
Even though you do not know the words
Run in and light the torch
Wave all the flags
And then release the birds.

I'm good at lyrics, even when they're 20 years old. :reject:

Ummmmm, who did she choose in her dream? :shifty:
These lyrics are also :up:

It's been ages since I've been here and thought I would check in and see what was going on! I've been working like a crazy woman since it's still busy for us. Bad thing is that this week it just made up for time I took off to take my dad to the doctor one morning and then going to pick up some alterations. I've been sick the past couple days and all I want to do this weekend is sleep!

Kelly, you made me laugh out loud! :lol: After the week I've had (and it ain't over yet), I needed that--thank you!

:faint: Oh my god.....

If I wouldn't have been home this week, this letter probably would have gone unnoticed. I'm shaking.....ok so my insurance co (along with the rest of the world) thinks I still live in MN. I got a letter saying that they have been charging me too much on my car for a few years. So I got a refund check. It says something like if the amount is under $10 they'll credit my account otherwise a check will be enclosed. I didn't read it correctly and only saw the $10 and thought to myself "great...I'm getting a crappy $10 check. Too bad it's not for a few hundred...." Um....it's enough for me to buy a Mac laptop. :faint: Of course I won't. I'll be good and put it towards one of my annoying credit cards. I'm shaking. I had to run upstairs to my dad to have him read the letter and the check to make sure it's legit! :love:

I found a penny face up today on my way to the fair. Good, but very minor, things happened to my friends at the fair today. They both joked that my penny was only good for them and not me. I guess not. :faint:

:ohmy: The check is dated 8-8-2008.

It's amazing how much of a mess I can make in 10 days. My room and bathroom were both disasters that I just had to clean up. :yuck: One more night in my nice comfy bed and then I'm back on the pull out couch. That bed isn't too bad with all of the mattress pads we bought for it. It's good enough to keep me comfortable while I'm there but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed for a while....

See ya from the desert! :wave:

:faint: Oh my god.....

If I wouldn't have been home this week, this letter probably would have gone unnoticed. I'm shaking.....ok so my insurance co (along with the rest of the world) thinks I still live in MN. I got a letter saying that they have been charging me too much on my car for a few years. So I got a refund check. It says something like if the amount is under $10 they'll credit my account otherwise a check will be enclosed. I didn't read it correctly and only saw the $10 and thought to myself "great...I'm getting a crappy $10 check. Too bad it's not for a few hundred...." Um....it's enough for me to buy a Mac laptop. :faint: Of course I won't. I'll be good and put it towards one of my annoying credit cards. I'm shaking. I had to run upstairs to my dad to have him read the letter and the check to make sure it's legit! :love:

I found a penny face up today on my way to the fair. Good, but very minor, things happened to my friends at the fair today. They both joked that my penny was only good for them and not me. I guess not. :faint:

:ohmy: The check is dated 8-8-2008.

Isn't *surprise* money nice? :love: I am still truly, madly, deeply in love with my companys audit dept.

8-8-2008 :cool:

It's been ages since I've been here and thought I would check in and see what was going on! I've been working like a crazy woman since it's still busy for us. Bad thing is that this week it just made up for time I took off to take my dad to the doctor one morning and then going to pick up some alterations. I've been sick the past couple days and all I want to do this weekend is sleep!

It sucks when you finally get time off and wind up doing stuff you have to do rather than stuff you want to do :hug:

I hope you're getting good overtime though :)

I finally started listening to the remastered Boy cd in my car and for the first time I can really tell something has been remastered :lol:

Usually, when everyone says "Oh, this cd sounds a lot better now that it's remastered", I can't tell the difference. But with Boy I can.

Although maybe it's just because I haven't listed to Boy in a long time :reject:, but I'd rather convince myself that I've finally bought a remastered cd that's made a difference :D

arw, if you do wind up getting your mac, make sure and get the full bells and whistles warranty. And never spill anything on it. Or leave it open when Lily's around. Or let her puke on it. :reject:

I have been playing with my Irish Fest pics.
I can barely keep my eyes open so I am calling it a night ( I am old).

I forgot :reject: that there was a Packer pre-season game on tonight.

Last edited:
Is it really August 22nd :ohmy:

Where has my summer gone???

Hello again Randooooomers :wave:

Back to school shopping is wiping me out :help:

Between school supplies, clothes, shoes and replacement sports gear my Mastercard is waaaaaaaaaaay higher than it should be :uhoh:

On the fun side we've been going to the beach and movies and I haven't been working any overtime. Saw Mamma Mia and Sisterhood with the mini fahs and the Dark Knight with Mr fah. :up: :up: :up:

I am about to trade in some airmiles for a new microwave and maybe a new flatscreen tv with an iPod dock :hmm: :shifty:

:wave: fah
I know what you mean about summer. WHOOOOOOOOOOSH and it is going, going, gone.
Too fast. Leaves are beginning to turn color here.

No overtime? Good for you :)

mini fahs aren't so mini anymore, are they? It is official, I am the only person not to have seen the Dark Knight :sigh: Am thinking of going myself.

Airmiles for stuff :up:

Last night it looked like Aaron Rodgers couldn't decide what incarnation of The Edge he wanted to be. He has a Fu Manchu mustache and then he had a little beanie............Pop or current Edge~ that is the question

Just have to add that it is still odd to see him and not Favre playing quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom