Randoooooooom Randooooooooominess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Red Sox,

You are playing TAMPA BAY.

TAMPA.
BAY.

That is all.

Love and chewed fingernails,
Meg

I actually worked today and had planned to stay until 5, but got so sick to my stomach I left early. Last day tomorrow.
I slept for 1 1/2 hours and now I can't fall asleep again and still feel icky. Sore throat is now added to the mix..........co-worker and her family have colds, I hope she didn't share...........simply sleep time.
Have drawn a quick floor plan for above mentioned co-worker to help her out next week while I am on vacation. Boss mentioned to me that visual from another store is coming in Friday to tweak............I had to remind boss that I begin vacation Friday .........anything I draw to help co-worker out next week might not be the same by the time other visual is done on Friday...........LALALALALALA...............:sigh:
ok, rambling again time for simply sleep induced sleep *hopes*

:grumpy: So tomorrow is Roxy's day at my sister's work. I told my sister last week I would pay for 1/2 if she wanted to take her to the groomer and wash her ourselves. She said that Roxy didn't need to go....even though she really does. She sheds so she doesn't get a cut but she really needs a bath. She's a white dog plus she gets so stinky from being outside. I LOVE going to the groomer. I would work there part time if they were ever hiring. She decided the other night to take her tonight and is paying twice as much to have someone wash her. :sad: I have to work. :mad: I love picking her up when she's all clean and fluffy. She so gets so excited when we come to pick her up. Maybe she'll still be cute and happy when I get home later. I'm just sad I can't go and buy her fun treats at the little doggie bakery. :angry:

:drool: I applied my big windfall from my insurance co to a credit card. I just checked the balance on it and it's now to a very comfortable low amount that hopefully will be paid off by the end of the year. Now if only the rest of my cards were in the same situation. I'm just really thrilled with this card because the interest was incredibly high even though I've always paid on time and more than the minimum. It's my U2 concert card. I can't believe it took this long to pay it off. :yikes: Soon I'll have extra money to put towards the rest of my evil debt.

Wishes for a cute and fluffy Roxy for you
I love paying off debt :drool:

The evil lab that said my lab work wasn't covered by insurance sent me a check for what I paid. We had gone several rounds and it ended up with them insisting I owed and me saying no I don't................I was right :D ~gloats and wants an apology~

:drool: Have I missed something? ^

Listening to The Rising tonight as I write up some last minute instructions for left behind elves next week

:hyper: vacation :hyper:

If the boss asked one more time if I had plans, if I was going anywhere :madwife:
I think there was a hint for me to come in on my vacation .............just a gut feeling. Yeah, sure, right = no way

I have more than kept up my end of the bargain in this Trim set up from hell. Vacation is MINE!

arw, HarleyFest will be burned tomorrow for you. It will either go out tomorrow or Saturday............more than likely Saturday :)

:drool: Have I missed something? ^

Listening to The Rising tonight as I write up some last minute instructions for left behind elves next week

:hyper: vacation :hyper:

If the boss asked one more time if I had plans, if I was going anywhere :madwife:
I think there was a hint for me to come in on my vacation .............just a gut feeling. Yeah, sure, right = no way

I have more than kept up my end of the bargain in this Trim set up from hell. Vacation is MINE!

:hyper: vacation :hyper: DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE IF YOUR WORK CALLS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

The Rising :love:

I sent you the album.....if not me know and I'll send it again! :D

And thanks for the CD. I cannot wait to have something new for the car!

I called my sister earlier tonight to tell her that she had to sleep with her door open tonight so Roxy would come out when I got home. Sometimes she does that anyways but lately not. Roxy is so flippin cute as she runs all the way down the hall when I get home at night. :love: She's all fluffy, shiny, and smells like a clean puppy! :drool: Plus she got a really cute new collar. The groomer's always put a funky bandana on her so now she has a pink on hot pink polka dot collar and a purple and white polka dot bandana. She's too cute for words! I'm going to miss our morning walk tomorrow though :sad: but she has a good time at work so I'm glad she gets to go again.

Tomorrow would have been our grandma's 89th birthday :sad: so my sister picked that date as some way to say "Happy Birthday Mana!" :kiss:

going to the grocery store tomorrow morning might be a good idea. It would be nice to have food in the house. I'm starving :scream: We get free meals at work so I sometimes forget that I am home more than I'm at work and should probably go to the store. I have fake chicken :barf: and a plum plus a freezer full of sugar free frozen treats :yuck: I was going to go after my morning walk with Roxy but then we both decided a nap was a better idea. Even Lily agreed and curled up next to me. :tsk:

well I just had quite the feast :rolleyes: upon digging through my sister's boyfriend's cabinet in the kitchen, I found some fat free saltines that hadn't been opened yet (he's been out of town since the 4th of July - 2 weeks home in Aug so who knows how old some of his crap is). There's tons of boxes of mac and cheese but we have no milk or margarine. :der: After finding the crackers I was really excited to have something to put the peanut butter on since we're out of bread.......oh and peanut butter :happy: I swear we just bought a jar last weekend but maybe not. I did find a fresh package of red pepper hummus. Not my favorite; too weird of a texture for me but it was all I had. So crackers, hummus, and a plum. Grocery store first thing tomorrow, definitely.

I'm still up........why?!?!?! :scream: I just looked at the time and realized that in about an hour most people I know in MN will be getting up for work and I haven't even moved from the couch since I got home at 11 pm. :crazy: I should probably scoop up Lily from her hiding spot and crawl into bed......

There was almost literally nothing to do at work today, so for the first time since diesel hit $4.50 a gallon it was suggested that one of the underwriters go home early. After some hemming and hawing and chagrined laughter as the other underwriter had requested today off but did not get it, I got to be that underwriter. This is good and bad. Good, as I need to clean my house and I have no attention span for lots of cleaning, so now I can space it out (and space out!) over 4 days rather than 3. Good as I HATE the long afternoons after we've finished all the work for that day and the next day. Bad as we had to use 4 hours of sick time and I only had 8 left. But I never get sick. *knocks on all things wooden*

I already have 1 set of sheets in the wash, the next lined up to go, and I am about to bust into a box of shower gifts I've been afraid to look at for awhile as I have no idea where I'm going to put them.

What in the phrase "certain death" don't people understand? Galveston peeps, GO NOW! The window to do this is going downhill quickly.
Watching Ike coverage..........a co-workers son lives in Houston.

People who want to protect their property just baffle me..........what about your family? They mean nothing?
CNN Reporter: why did you wait so long to get out
idiot: I, um, er, well, I don't know...........it wasn't that bad................
CNN: Do you understand it is going to get worse?
idiot: yes.

Some fool jet-skiing????? seriously :| how do you justify innocent people having to risk their lives to come out and rescue you. I have no tolerance for that.

What in the phrase "certain death" don't people understand? Galveston peeps, GO NOW! The window to do this is going downhill quickly.
Watching Ike coverage..........a co-workers son lives in Houston.

People who want to protect their property just baffle me..........what about your family? They mean nothing?
CNN Reporter: why did you wait so long to get out
idiot: I, um, er, well, I don't know...........it wasn't that bad................
CNN: Do you understand it is going to get worse?
idiot: yes.

Some fool jet-skiing????? seriously :| how do you justify innocent people having to risk their lives to come out and rescue you. I have no tolerance for that.

I never understand those crazies who go to the beach "to watch the waves" during hurricanes. I'm a big fan of huge, wild surf myself...but I am also a fan of living, and an even bigger fan of not drowning.

We always had bags packed and ready to go during hurricanes back home in case they evacuated us. Nothing really terrible hit RI after Carol in '54, but we were all raised on the grandparents' stories of The Hurricane of '38 in which most of Providence was under water.

I always liked the nervous excitement of the preparations and then going for a walk after the storm had passed to survey the damage. We even had fun when the power was out for three days after Gloria in '85. We had a gas stove and my dad pulled out the tongs and a loaf of bread and toasted the bread over the flame. We called it "cook" instead of "toast." I thought that was the funniest thing ever. The lights came on for like 2 minutes in the evening of Day 2, but it was a tease.

People at work think I'm nuts that I miss our little hurricanes, but it's only because I remember having fun before and after and that we were lucky that the Atlantic is chilly up toward New England. And three days of hurricane party planning sure beats running for the basement when you hear a tornado siren.

My favorite was the idiot I saw on the news who said he wasn't evacuating for Ike because he didn't want to deal with "the traffic" :rolleyes:

You know what I wouldn't want to deal with . . . the drowning. Yeah.

Especially since Ike seems to have spend up. I thought it wasn't supposed to hit until early Saturday morning, but the weatherman just said it would be in Galveston in two to three hours. One of the reporters said 40% of the people in Galveston stayed. Wtf? I hope I heard that wrong. It's not like New Orleans, where there was a large urban population that didn't have their own personal transportation. This is an island, I imagine a beach resort type town. These people have cars.

Sorry for dropping the name of the resort arw :reject:. At least there's more than one called that :wink:

Earlier Friday evening, MrPurrl said he saw an update on the weather channel about "certain death" for those who didn't evacuate. WTF?? And I personally saw a huge gust of wind/rain topple Mike Bettes (on the weather channel) into a bunch of bushes. Idiots!

The roomie told me he heard a report that the chief of police in Galveston told those who were staying to write their social security numbers on their arms in water-proof marker so they'd be easier to identify later. :eek:

Also in "Omg, how stupid can people be?" news:

MSNBC just should some local guy in Galveston who rode out the storm. Lucky for him, he survived. But he doesn't have any water, because it got shut off from the storm. And he didn't buy any before hand (hurricane supplies).

But he's not worried. He's sure "the neighborhood will help each other".:doh:

Oh, the neighborhood that also has their water shut off? Good luck with that, local yokel.

I just need to vent for a moment.

I have this friend, C. I know she was raised very differently from me. I know that she was very, very sheltered until the age of 30. We always had fun chatting and playing kickball and drinking and one time the team went dancing after losing and drinking and she was the one who 80's-knotted my big CCA Kickball t-shirt under my ribs to show my belly button. After she disappeared from the kickball scene, I found her on Myspace, and we friended each other. We each have lots of pictures, and she is wearing bikinis and hanging over guys and pole dancing, and she even has a few album of some modeling pictures which I'm sure are supposed to be sexy. I have pictures of baseball games, trips, and family; I am fully dressed in all of them, and, truth be told, I was never into the belly button showing thing to begin with.

This same girl cannot think any more differently from me if I tried to be the least conservative person in the world. I have vented in the past about her anti-Hilary bulletins. Her newest is from a blog (which was a hilarious read in general for this liberal-minded person) about a flight crew crashing a brand-new plane into a retaining wall. This story seems like it would be pretty funny, since no one was really hurt...if it had just been "A flight crew got into a plane and did all this crazy stuff before takeoff and they crashed into a retaining wall!" But we can't just tell a story. We have to make sure we know what color skin this flight crew had so we start judging even before we get to the story. Her bulletin title is "Arab Flight Crew" and the title of the blog is "The Tale of the Arab Flight Crew."

I guess what I'm upset about is that I did start judging based on the titles. I started judging my friend, this person I thought I knew pretty well a year ago. I can't believe someone so close to my age can think so differently. C is a complete mystery to me. She presents herself as this wild and crazy early-30-something looking for a good time, and she might be...but there's another side of her that is completely the opposite. And she is my polar opposite from the way she behaves to the way she thinks. I wish that was what bothered me the most...if I hadn't just learned that if her bulletin had been about a nice white American flight crew, it would have been a funny little anecdote.

Vent over.

Also in "Omg, how stupid can people be?" news:

MSNBC just should some local guy in Galveston who rode out the storm. Lucky for him, he survived. But he doesn't have any water, because it got shut off from the storm. And he didn't buy any before hand (hurricane supplies).

But he's not worried. He's sure "the neighborhood will help each other".:doh:

Oh, the neighborhood that also has their water shut off? Good luck with that, local yokel.

:yikes:

Saturday afternoon ramblings...

1. I have to leave for work in 8 minutes and I'm hardly ready

2. :hyper: today is my Friday :hyper:

3. The dog and cat can't be any cuter sleeping on the floor than they are right now

4. Drinking a pumpkin spice drink from Starbucks in the desert feels weird

5. The Vikings game is on at TEN AM tomorrow morning :crack:

6. the number of minutes until I have to leave

7. Chef's choice in the cafeteria today. :barf: That means nothing will go together so now I need to fit in packing dinner into my 5 minutes

8. I still did not get my ebay purchase today that I won last week at this time :mad: I bought a Colette Peters cake decorating book :hyper:

9. I get to go home 1 month from tomorrow :drool: I *might* have an interview at a new hotel lined up in a few days for next month :drool:

10. see ya...:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom