Randoooooooom on a hot summer's day - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #286
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
That fucking sucks
i paid $20 for demos that were later proven to be fake

__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #287
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i paid $20 for demos that were later proven to be fake

What were they instead?
__________________

__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 AM   #288
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
What were they instead?
someone attempting to sound like duran duran. except for the vocal parts.

the story was simon was sick so john took over. now we all know he's not the best vocalist. but one would wonder, why wouldn't andy do it? out of the rest of the band, if they were pressed for time or something and just HAD to do demos and couldn't wait for simon, they'd pick andy, who's the better singer. john's voice has improved but he sounded like shit back then.

anyway, john was like "wtf that isn't true" when someone played him a song (or maybe they just told him the story). and even so, the vocalist doesn't sound like john.

but it's an interesting item to have since it is a fake.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:01 AM   #289
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
oh, i should add they are the seven and the ragged tiger demos.

the only legitimate demo from this album to surface is of the song seven and the ragged tiger, which i have. this song never made it on the album though. it ended up becoming tiger tiger and the seventh stranger.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:01 AM   #290
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

someone attempting to sound like duran duran. except for the vocal parts.

the story was simon was sick so john took over. now we all know he's not the best vocalist. but one would wonder, why wouldn't andy do it? out of the rest of the band, if they were pressed for time or something and just HAD to do demos and couldn't wait for simon, they'd pick andy, who's the better singer. john's voice has improved but he sounded like shit back then.

anyway, john was like "wtf that isn't true" when someone played him a song (or maybe they just told him the story). and even so, the vocalist doesn't sound like john.

but it's an interesting item to have since it is a fake.
It sucks you paid 20 bucks for that shit though
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #291
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
I'm watching the DVD again. I just spotted an asshole I encountered in the GA line in the ellipse. God, that crowd was so lifeless. The only performance that really got them riled up was All Because of You.
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #292
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
It sucks you paid 20 bucks for that shit though
yeah
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:05 AM   #293
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
I'm watching the DVD again. I just spotted an asshole I encountered in the GA line in the ellipse. God, that crowd was so lifeless. The only performance that really got them riled up was All Because of You.
i hate crowds like that

and that song of all songs?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:15 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i hate crowds like that

and that song of all songs?
Seriously The crowd I was with kicked ass though.

That's what I wrote in my notebook while I was making notes (I'm a nerd ) while I watched the DVD earlier today!

__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:17 AM   #295
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
Seriously The crowd I was with kicked ass though.

That's what I wrote in my notebook while I was making notes (I'm a nerd ) while I watched the DVD earlier today!



awww how cute!! i love your handwriting!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:19 AM   #296
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes



awww how cute!! i love your handwriting!
Thanks
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 AM   #297
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
Thanks
you're welcome
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:23 AM   #298
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Whenever I rip videos from this DVD the audio comes out amplified and bassy
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:24 AM   #299
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Ooh, perfect distraction. MPEG of Dirty Day from Zoo TV Sydney
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 11:04 PM
I have just about every Zoo TV Sydney performance ripped into MPEGs. I can't remember when was the last time I watched my DVD.
__________________

__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com