Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I am in the mood for Charlie Chan movies. Don't know where that came from but whatever.............
Can't find any on Netflix that stream so I am watching the next best thing.
Murder By Death. Off to Wang world I go :)

Oh funny that you bring up M by D.....one of my friends always says 'ello, 'ello. Actually she always speaks like she's british but she for sure says 'ello. So I asked her if she has ever seen Murder By Death. She said she's never heard of it. :huh: I think she needs to see Mr Perrier pick up the phone and say "ello, ello. I'm saying to you ello, ello...." Looks funny typed out :huh: but I always found that little bit funny. I know there's more to it than that but I haven't watched it in a while. Might have to do that this weekend. :drool:

:|

The cat I wanted is now on adoption hold by someone that has until close tomorrow. WTF :angry: I knew he would be gone by next Friday. Just knew it. :happy: So now I'm back to square one with the kitty search. :( Maybe this person will change their mind and not come back tomorrow.

:|

The cat I wanted is now on adoption hold by someone that has until close tomorrow. WTF :angry: I knew he would be gone by next Friday. Just knew it. :happy: So now I'm back to square one with the kitty search. :( Maybe this person will change their mind and not come back tomorrow.

Noooooo :( That is your cat
:hug:

Noooooo :( That is your cat
:hug:

no he's someone else's boy :( I'm way more shocked by this than I thought. What I really liked about him is the fact that I know he lived in a house so this wouldn't be unfamiliar territory for him. I liked that I was able to view him in his daily environment of a room vs living in a little cage. All of the other cats I've taken out of their kennels have been so relieved to get to walk around a bit that they don't care about me. But Dock got to wander all day so he was able to show me how he really was.

I think I'm now convinced I want a boy. I thought all along I wanted a girl until I started looking at boys. They are so much sweeter than girls. Lily is a meanie and I don't want that again. There aren't too many boys on the website that are within my 2-3 year age range and shorthair. Also, I really wanted a gray and white cat so I thought for sure this guy was meant to be. Plus he lives in St Paul in one of my favorite areas so I really just thought that next week at this time I would have a cat named Doc but now Dock could be going home tomorrow to someone else. If he doesn't get adopted, they are closed for Memorial day and Lil is leaving on Friday so the earliest I could put him on hold is Friday afternoon. So if he shows up on the website again it's going to be a long week.

I was so shocked to see his pic missing from the site that I called to find out if he was adopted or moved to the sick ward. That's when I was told he's one hold til tomorrow. :sad: Damn, damn, damn.

So here is my day:
Get up, get ready, go to work. Work, work, register bride, bride goes to scan, I work, work, bride finishes scanning, brings scanner back and has some modifications she wants. She leaves, I do modifications. I finish and go to check. No registry, I check again :|, nope. Panic. I check other registry sections. I find it in Baby. Baby???! OMG. I go to manual. Look up change of registry type. I then go to screen on computer. 008 is no longer there :ohmy:. WTF? Corporate you *just* updated the manuals! :banghead: Breathe...................................
Ok I will just re-register bride in the right category. Ok, done. Now bride is coming up in both categories :happy:. I go to change date in baby registry and then name. At first I think of typing in *mistake*. *Mistake* as a name in the Baby registry........um no. Not good. I then think of *oops*. Also no good :lol: Both those words have certain conotations in the world of babydom............I settle on Smith.
I check on the baby registry and voila it is gone and the only registry that exists in the registry world in that name is the Bridal Registry.
Yes, I need a vacation.

I just spent the past half hour looking for a memory stick that I thought had a document on it that's not on my main PC stick that has almost my entire PC on it. Somehow (and by somehow I mean someone named Lily knocked over a penholder) it fell underneath my desk. I looked everywhere and then decided to check behind my desk to see if it fell and sure enough it was sticking out from under the penholder that I didn't even notice was off my desk. Anyhoo....no such luck with this document or a few other things on this stick. Bummer. Makes me wonder what else was on my PC that I didn't save in time. :(

vacation next week right?
June 5 -13

So gorgeous out now.
Work soon :sigh: gotta be there till 7:15
Work till 5 tomorrow. Time and a half at least.

I requested off for July 4. I worked it for the past 2 years. I would like it off this year. Will see if I get it.

I think I'm now convinced I want a boy. I thought all along I wanted a girl until I started looking at boys. They are so much sweeter than girls. Lily is a meanie and I don't want that again

I've never really heard of a grouchy male cat either.

I'm sure whatever cat you do wind up adopting, it will be the one you are meant to get :hug:

So it was eye candy for gals winning the Indy 500 and then eye candy for the guys celebrating w/ him.
Seems fair :)
Equal time.

My co-worker talked me into Starbucks. Probably not a good idea, esp. since I didn't sleep well last night. Now I am a tired hyper. Thanks V :cute:

I've never really heard of a grouchy male cat either.

I'm sure whatever cat you do wind up adopting, it will be the one you are meant to get :hug:

I really felt that way about Doc. This was a little unexpected especially since my sister told me a few days ago that she would be able to get into her new house a few days earlier and if I didn't mind then she could take Lily earlier. So that meant I was going to be able to adopt Doc on Tues/Wed. To think that he was adopted the day before I could get him (they're closed for the holiday tomorrow) just really sucks. He was so sweet and had such a unique look about him. There's another boy that I really want to see at the same location that Doc lived in. It will be strange going there now without him. :(

I saw this pretty little girl today. She's an Australian cattle dog. Roxy is a Blue Heeler but I've always been under the impression that's the same this as an Australian cattle dog. I've only ever seen a black and white or red coloring. This dog is chocolate brown. I can't afford to adopt a dog right now or I would reconsider the whole cat vs dog thing because I really liked her. She had the exact same mannerisms as Roxy. Very calm and didn't bark like the rest of the dogs. I love everything about Roxy so I would get a Heeler/Australian cattle dog anyday...

Screenshot2010-05-30at122115PM.png

here's Roxy (my favorite pic of her)
IMG_1578.jpg

^ :cute: on both counts *melt*

thanks! Roxy was over for about 10 minutes today so I got a few seconds of Roxy lovin. :love: :drool: I really want to get that dog! I'm about $100 short....well I could raid other funds but $100 short in my animal fund so it's probably better that I just focus on getting a cat for now.

My sister brought out Lily's kennel from the closet so she has a few days to look at it and think about the fact that she'll have to go in it soon. We've found it's better to let her see it in advance than just take it out when we need to put her in it. I'm so sad she's leaving. :(

thanks! Roxy was over for about 10 minutes today so I got a few seconds of Roxy lovin. :love: :drool: I really want to get that dog! I'm about $100 short....well I could raid other funds but $100 short in my animal fund so it's probably better that I just focus on getting a cat for now.

My sister brought out Lily's kennel from the closet so she has a few days to look at it and think about the fact that she'll have to go in it soon. We've found it's better to let her see it in advance than just take it out when we need to put her in it. I'm so sad she's leaving. :(
Good idea about the kennel. Not as traumatic then...............hopefully.
I saw my village beagles today on the way to work. Too cute. One was standing on a barrel near the fence w/ his tail a-waggin' :cute:

untitled-6-1.jpg

This extended forecast better be wrong :mad:
That is air show weekend.
I don't care about the temps, I care about the rain and clouds. Show is rain or shine, but w/ clouds that means low show for the blue angels.

Enjoying those walks to and around the lake quite a bit. So peaceful.
Except for Mr. Reggae blasting his music in the parking lot :mad:

:barf: time for interview #2.....it was supposed to be on Sat after interview #1 but the other chef was busy and asked if I could come back today. It's about to pour and by the time I'm done with my interview it will be rush hour traffic. :happy: But I'm ready for a new job so I have to do it.....

Oh and Dock is still not back on the HS website. I know they take their sweet old time returning profiles so he could still be there. There's no other cats out of 259 cats that I want to look at :|

Back
Top Bottom