Randooooooomers In Their Summer Clothes Shining Like Stars In The Summer Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

Just got back home a little while ago. Glad to hear that Wesley is feeling better. I was worried about the little guy :hug:.

thanks! He's much better....little troublemaker slept in the bathroom last night as he's not allowed to roam the house while we're sleeping. Lily could do whatever but he's still a baby that causes trouble. He wouldn't let me sleep so the only way to get him to calm down was to put him in the bathroom. I put his water and his favorite mouse in there with him. After a few minutes of crying he slept. I figured that was the safest place since his litter is in the closet in there. :crack: He did just fine and as awful as I felt about locking him up like that it just might be a nightly thing if he can't settled down when I need to sleep.

Glad you had a fun trip! Going to look at the pics tomorrow!

Home. Air show canceled today due to inclement weather, but pilot safety first. We are heading back downtown tomorrow.
Herb Hunter, narrator, sounded pretty down hearted when he had to announce the formal cancellation. He said it was only the 2nd time that this happened in his career.
It was still a fantastic day. Being w/ a friend by the beach and going crazy taking pics of scenery and seagulls. People watching was :up:
After the hike back to the car off to Outback we went. Mojito :drunk: Chicken wasn't bad either and the bloomin' onion :drool:
I bought and am wearing a Blue Angels T-shirt :nerd:

Bummer! I know how much you look forward to the show each year. Hopefully you'll see something tomorrow!

My pic of the low ceiling this morning was re-tweeted by the Air Show............:bows: Ok the nerd :nerd: is heading to sleep.
Thanks for the wishes about tomorrow. It will still be cloudy but they seem to think the ceiling won't be below 1,000 feet

Am slowly turning into a lobster. Interesting burn lines on feet and leg, shoulder and neck. Sandals and crop pants and short sleeves have caused this. I will be striped all summer :happy:
Yes, I am wearing suntan lotion.

the noise at the World Cup is making me dizzy. Why can't they block that out? I'm going to have to watch on mute :barf:

:drool: had dinner tonight at a restaurant that does a hummus trio platter and fresh pita chips :love:

my little boy is going to wear me out :crazy:
Everyone is complaining about the noice at the WC. The horn drives me nuts during recaps :crack:
Glad ya had a yummy dinner, I did too. Thai food :drool:
Wesley must be feeling better :UP::up:

I took 323 pics on the one camera and about 100 some on the other :reject:
I am uploading them now and can't wait to see what turned out.
The Raptor :faint:
The Blues :combust: # 5 hit a bird and had to go back to the airport. The Fire Dept was standing by. He landed safely thank God. Last year a Thunderbird hit a bird and had to go back. The dark skies and showers held off until the end of the air show and the Blues made it back to the airport w/out getting caught in it.
The Red Bull helicopter rocked. It flies upside down.
Lima, Lima, the Firebirds, the Wing Walker...........I could go on. Just amazing.

They are leaving the area now. I apparently missed the Blues leaving. Jen and I went to Target after dinner. I got home sat down and heard a roar...........I wonder if it was the Raptors.

I am gonna miss the noise. I can't stand the horn from the World Cup, but can't get enough of the Blues and the Raptor roaring above.

glad you got to see your show! I was wondering if they were going to be able to fly today while looking around outside here. It was really dark and creepy looking all day. :(

there's an epidemic going on in MN this spring/summer. Way too many kids have been killed riding their bikes. I swear there's been one a week in the news lately. I have to say that I can't really place the blame on the drivers. The kids in my neighborhood do not look before strolling, running, skateboarding, biking, across the street. The parents of 4 houses, 2 and 2 on each side of the street, act like it's a crime to drive down the street while the kids are out. They never try to stop the kids or teach them to look both ways. I don't get it. So the more I read about these deaths the more I think the kid that died probably just thought they were entitled to bike in front of the car and didn't think they had to stop. :tsk: I always think about the friends of the kid that died. What a way to start your summer break by finding out a buddy died. This happened to one of my classmates when I was in 7th grade. He and a few other friends were rollerblading across a busy intersection and went when they shouldn't have. Everyone made it across but one. He died. I still remember the day, where I was when I found out, who I was with and everything like it happened yesterday. :(

:barf: going in to work today for a few hours so I can make Wed my last day. Not looking forward to this but I will be happy on Thursday when I don't have to get up to go into that awful place :D

there's an epidemic going on in MN this spring/summer. Way too many kids have been killed riding their bikes. I swear there's been one a week in the news lately. I have to say that I can't really place the blame on the drivers. The kids in my neighborhood do not look before strolling, running, skateboarding, biking, across the street. The parents of 4 houses, 2 and 2 on each side of the street, act like it's a crime to drive down the street while the kids are out. They never try to stop the kids or teach them to look both ways. I don't get it. So the more I read about these deaths the more I think the kid that died probably just thought they were entitled to bike in front of the car and didn't think they had to stop. :tsk: I always think about the friends of the kid that died. What a way to start your summer break by finding out a buddy died. This happened to one of my classmates when I was in 7th grade. He and a few other friends were rollerblading across a busy intersection and went when they shouldn't have. Everyone made it across but one. He died. I still remember the day, where I was when I found out, who I was with and everything like it happened yesterday. :(

I have noticed that pedestrians in general have this sense of entitlement lately. It doesn't matter what color the light is or whether or not the "Don't Walk" sign is on, they go.

I can't imagine being the driver that hits the kid. I don't think I would ever drive again. The girl I work with who got hit by a car walking into work didn't sue for more than covering her medical bills (which are still coming...she may need back surgery) and time out of work and stuff because that lady has to live with the sound and watching someone fly 10 feet off her bumper. That's punishment enough.

I think I'm in love with Guy Fieri. He was just waxing poetic about New York System hot wieners in Rhode Island. They showed the signs of the place he went to and I sat up and cried, "Olneyville New Yawk System!!" And it WAS!

Tired from the weekend. I am quite burnt too. Several people commented on my redness today at work.
It is supposed to be rainy here tomorrow and I am so very ok w/ that. I have some major cleaning to do. I was gonna do some last week but I spent the first few days sick and then it became all about air show planes flying over house and the air show itself.

I have noticed that pedestrians in general have this sense of entitlement lately. It doesn't matter what color the light is or whether or not the "Don't Walk" sign is on, they go.

I can't imagine being the driver that hits the kid. I don't think I would ever drive again. The girl I work with who got hit by a car walking into work didn't sue for more than covering her medical bills (which are still coming...she may need back surgery) and time out of work and stuff because that lady has to live with the sound and watching someone fly 10 feet off her bumper. That's punishment enough.
I saw a classmate get hit by a car. I can still see her flying thru the air :sick:. Was heading to confirmation class that afternoon........said so many prayers that day.

I never knew of anyone who got hit by a car until I met zoney. He drove me around his old neighborhood one day pointing out where people he knew got hit by cars...at least 4 friends and his sister. Then L got hit by the pickup truck walking into work last May, and last week one of my Indy skating friends got hit while she was on her bike. That guy didn't even stop, which is just infuriating, even though she's okay. He has even sort of gotten hit twice in the last year; once just being the Patron Saint of Crosswalks, and once crossing a parking lot exit downtown. Indy drivers aren't so good at paying attention sometimes...

the accident over the weekend was an 18 year old driver that killed a 14 year old boy on his bike. If she's 18 I'm sure she just graduated high school and was looking forward to her summer break before going off to college. :( I was in a car accident a long time ago and it took me a good week before I would drive again. I missed school and work because I was too afraid to get into my car. The driver that I hit (he stopped abruptly on an off ramp instead of just slowing down) was on his way home after picking up his car from the shop because he hit someone a few weeks prior and the car needed major repair. My front end was a mess and needed $1000 worth of repair but nothing was wrong with his van. He knew he caused the accident by being overly cautious about ruining his newly redone car but since I hit him it was "my" fault and I had to pay to get my car fixed. :|

I'm going to be sore tomorrow. :( I told my mom I would help her and my aunt at our great aunt's house. I had to carry up luggage and furniture from the basement to the garage for the sale this week. Plus one of my cousins and his wife came over to get an antique desk so I had to help take it apart and carry it out. It wasn't heavy but just really awkward so it made it hard to carry.

Two more days of work....Wed is a double day with both jobs and then I'm free til Monday when I start my new job :crack: As much as I'm really looking forward to it I'm just not really ready to be the new gal again. :barf:

So are you sore^?

I am sick of road construction around here and it is just starting :crack:
At 6:30 this morning they were dropping things off........THUD! THUD!!!!!

^surprisingly no. I do think I jammed my finger but other than that it's all good. It's the same finger that I sprained in AZ that puffed up to twice it's size. I don't think that ever fully healed because it doesn't take much now for it to lock up on me :happy:

Road construction projects start here but then stop asap because of the rain so it's dragging on forever. :barf:

One more day of work. :hyper: The sous chef told me today that he and the chef (my worthless boss that doesn't really know how to cook) are supposed to take over my job from now on as they are not allowed to hire anyone. Don't you think if you were my boss you would ask me to stay on part time in some capacity? He's not a very good manager on top of being an awful chef. The sous chef said he didn't really care anymore because he's 2 interviews into 3 and it sounds like they want to hire him regardless of how his 3rd interview goes, which is a cooking interview. If he leaves and my coworker the bread baker leaves then I think my boss might just have a nervous breakdown because he doesn't know anything :shrug: He was hired because he works for cheap. Sad but true story.

^really sounds like a fantastic place to work ~ NOT!

We have a downpour and a bit of thunder :drool:

I like that....The Adventures of Wesley :cute:

the SUN IS OUT!!!!! :faint: I'm too tired and have too much crap to do to go for a walk outside. :grumpy: But I'm hoping to get in a walk or two this weekend, rain or shine. We're having a sale at the St Paul house at the end of the week. That is my favorite part of town in all of MN so I plan on wandering the neighborhood. Someday I will live there full time. :drool:

Dear Mother Nature,
Okay. You're good at thunderstorms. We get it.
Love,
Central Indiana

Dear AT&T U-Verse,
Kiss my ass.
Love,
Meg

Back
Top Bottom