Randooooooom: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but we could use one if you're looking to get rid of one...:shifty:

I didn't recognize you with the evil avatar there...but at least I know I know someone named IWasBored!! /bitterness over stuff that happened months ago in disappeared threads

evil avatar hehehe.

blood for blood/anything to do with rob lind (despite the fact that he's nuts) has been elevated to 'favorite band' status as of...yesterday? i have no idea. i've been listening to them for a while, and one day i just really felt like listening to b4b and now their latest album is not leaving my cd player. and don't even get me started with the sinners & saints album.

wait, what happened in disappeared threads?

i missed something.

a joke for you:

During his visit to England, George W. Bush met with the Queen. He asked her, "Your Majesty, how does your country operate such an efficient government?
Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."
Bush frowned. "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"
The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."
The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"
Tony Blair walked into the room. "Yes, your majesty?"
The Queen smiles "Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister.
Who is it?"
Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me."
"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.
Back at the White House, Bush asked to speak with vice president Dick Cheney.
Dick, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child.
It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
"I'm not sure," said the vice president. "Let me get back to you on that one.
Dick Cheney went to his advisors and asked every one, but none gave him an answer. Finally, he ended up in the men's room and recognized Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.
Dick shouted, "Colin! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy. It's me!"

Dick Cheney smiles "Thanks!".
Cheney went back to the Oval Office to speak with Bush. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle.

It's Colin Powell."
Bush got up, stomps over to Cheney, and angrily yelled into his face, "No, you idiot!..

It's Tony Blair!"

IWasBored said:
wait, what happened in disappeared threads?

i missed something.
i changed my avatar and my sig all at the same time and that's one thing, but then you said you couldn't figure out who this new Schmeg person was. :madspit: The bitterness is coming back!!

Joke: :lmao: Nice!!

Schmeg said:

i changed my avatar and my sig all at the same time and that's one thing, but then you said you couldn't figure out who this new Schmeg person was. :madspit: The bitterness is coming back!!

Joke: :lmao: Nice!!

:reject: i don't remember that. i don't recognize myself when i change shit, if that makes it any better

p.s. don't go anywhere for a couple minutes...i'm trying to create something funny

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

i just found out by accident that the sinners & saints cd has computer video stuff on it!!!!

:faint: :heart: :hyper: :love:

rob.jpg

Is there one of him telling someone to shut up because of it? :hyper:

hahaha

he wasn't actually saying anything about peeing in that video that that picture is from

the piss thing is on the other cd

i'll go find it...

no, wait...i was the one who was going to tell people to shut up

:der:

what the hell just happened?

On 26 October, I was at the Boston Back On The Map Tour with Slapshot, Blood for Blood and The Bluebloods in Hof ter Lo in Antwerp. I had prepared interviews for both Slapshot and Blood for Blood. I had some precious hope that I would be able to talk to Rob Lind too, so I had some questions especially for him. Ian, the bass player of Blood for Blood told me that it wasn't likely that I would be able to talk to the guy, but while I was standing in the hallway backstage, Rob passed by and I asked him if he would like to do an interview, the answer was "Yeah, why not".
Normally I am not that impressed by a person as I was of the person Rob Lind (Blood for Blood, Ramallah and Sinners and Saints). Therefore I can't make up which questions I should scrap from the interview I did with him. It might be a little long, but it is the way it was:

With Ramallah, Sinners and Saints and Blood for Blood you must have pretty much to think about, How do you combine these bands in your daily life?

Right now, I don't know… it is hard to say… Right now I am mostly looking forward to do a full length for Ramallah, that's the band which I've got the most material for, that's the band with the new material that I am most excited about. I think whatever label I end up putting the full length on, it is going to be something significant, not the label, but the Ramallah full length is gonna be something else, it's gonna be really important. I've been working on the songs now for well over a year and a half.
But as far as which band is the most important to me, that will probably be Blood for Blood and Ramallah right now, Sinners and Saints is kind of on the back, my Brother works fulltime and he hasn't got a lot of time to do touring and shit like that, and we were having a hard time touring with Sinners and Saints anyway, because nobody really knew what the fuck kind of music we were.
So we're not really emo, we're not really like, you know, turbo Negro or something like that. Nobody knows what the fuck Sinners and Saints was. We were having a hard time finding shows anyway, so now we headline our own shows every once in a while just for fun.
But it's probably between Rammallah and Blood for Blood. Right now I am more excited to do a Ramallah full length then I am to do a Blood for Blood full length.

You write kinda all the songs, how do you decide when you're going to write a song for Ramallah or when you're going to write a song for Blood for Blood?
I don't know, that's a funny question, I just know what's right, which one goes with which, Blood for Blood to me has a very specific sound and style and attitude, and Ramallah has a different sound, style and attitude so they just seem right.
Blood for blood is recording an EP on the 20th of November for Bridge 9, and while I was getting the songs ready for the Blood for Blood release, I noticed that a couple of Ramallah songs got cropped up in the Blood for Blood list. I got rid of them because I don't want any crossing up the two bands.
I don't think they've got anything in common whatsoever, Blood for Blood has nothing in common with Ramallah and Ramallah has got nothing in common with Blood for Blood except that both bands are aggressive and heavy, that's it.

And you.

And me yeah, that's true.

You don't have a job beside the bands, do you?

Not right now no, I've been out of work for quite a while, about a year. The band hasn't been helping out that much. I mostly just back on that, and bills and shit like that.
I've been wrestling with a serious drugs problem for about a year and a half now, but things are starting to come together now, I guess. I want to pay off some of the bills with the tour, I guess, I don't know. No, I haven't had a job for quit a while.

When you've got a job what do you normally do?

Load trucks mostly, shit like that mostly, just typical meathead work.

Just something to do?

Just something to do exactly.

You did recordings with Kurt Ballou for the 7 inch, how did they go?

They went really well! Kurt's really creative. He is fun to throw ideas at because he often responds with an idea immediately. We got to do some cool stuff with guitar sounds and guitar effects and vocal effects and vocal styles and shit like that, and it was really fun.
When you work with somebody like Jim from The Outpost, who Blood for Blood usually works with, everything's gotta be like one way. It comes out sounding great, it comes out sounding professional and big budget, but he doesn't let you fuck around a lot. Everything is kind of black and white, it either works or it doesn't work, but with Kurt, you can try anything, the guy doesn't know how to say no, it may not work, but at least you get to try, where it is with the Outpost, it either works or it doesn't and it's either in or it's out, and that's about it.

Are you going back to the studio to record more or is it finished?

I am looking for a label for Ramallah right now; I don't know who the hell it is going to put it out. Blood for Blood like I said is going in, on November 20th, to do an EP for Bridge 9. Just four songs, outside of that I don't know who is going to do the Blood for Blood full length, I don't know who is going to do the Ramallah Full Length, we'll see, I guess I'll take it as it comes.

I've got some opportunities, two choices, and I would like you to choose between them.
If you had to choose between an anarchistic state or the American dream what would you choose?

See it's funny like I probably lean towards the Chomsky socio anarchist sort of perspective, but if the American dream would truthfully adhered to, and if it were honestly pursued, that would be the best way for the world to live, I think.
I truly believe in democracy, I believe in one person, one vote, one voice, one say it, one person can make a difference.
That would be in the case I would like to believe in the American dream, but unfortunately the American dream as it stands right now, it's fucking dead!Because unless you've got loads of money, you DO NOT count in the United States of America, you DO NOT fucking matter unless you are rich, the wealthy are the only people that matter in the United States of America! End of fucking story!
MONEY dictates policy, MONEY dictates death, MONEY dictates destruction, cooperate greed dictates how we behave in the Middle East which in turn affects how Islamic fundamentalists in their turn behave in the United States and kill civilians, and it is always the US civilian that's the one that's got to die for all the bullshit that the companies, the cooperation of power, has to deal with. It is people like me and the guy next to me on the train, who have got to die for their fucking greed. Cause WE are the ones that have to go off in war and WE are the ones that die.
So as it stands, the American Dream, right now, is dead. But I would like to see it live, and if I had my choice: that is my choice. I WOULD Chose democracy and I WOULD choose what America at least stands for on paper in the Constitution.
I swear by the Constitution, as does Noam Chomsky, and Howard Zinn, and Michael Moore and Edward Saïd, God rest his soul.

Do you consider yourself as counting in American society?

I definitely DO NOT count in American society. Me, my family, my social equals, we are all WORTHLESS, we are forgotten.

White trash?

Yeah, definitely, and I am just ignored and forgotten! And there is loads of social equals throughout the country who are just sort of pushed out to the fence and forgotten about. I do not believe I count, and I do not stand up for America. I will not stand up and say; "yeah", you know, "go USA". Fuck that, I mean, see it my way for a change.

Next Choice; Music or Unity?

Music, I don't give a fuck about Unity.

Friendship or Brotherhood, if there is a difference?

I guess technically there shouldn't be a difference. The two words are pretty much synonymous.
I don't have any sense of family, so brotherhood is out, I guess I found my family which are my friends, so I guess I gotta go with Friendship.

God or Allah?

I think they are all the same, Jawe, fucking Jehovah, Allah, they're all the descendent from the God of Abraham, and they're all various interpretations of monotheism, so to me there ain't a change at all, they are all the same. Ideally, they all offer humanity the same pieces; peace and security, and love for the fellow man, but, when in the wrong hands, it can be so easily twisted and corrupted.
I don't know what to make about religion in general, I know it has been a huge driving force throughout sociology, sociological history and human history, but I don't support one or the other, I think monotheistic religions are ultimately the same. They can be corrupted or they can be adhered to, but they are very rarely adhered to. They are mostly corrupted and mostly twisted, that's all I really have to say about that. That's a complicated subject I might need more time to discuss that…
…well, I'll say one last thing though, in relation to the last subject, right now, this is difficult, I am treading on slippery stones here… Right Know I would say, that the Muslim religion, the religion of Islam is probably the most beset throughout the world, it is probably the most beleaguered, that's all.

Which people do you hate most, a group, one person, whatever?

It is funny, I would say that I hate the average MTV watching American, but those idiots are everywhere. They're in every society. They are in every culture, the mindless sheep, the masses, whatever, I don't know.
It's funny like I am kind of an misanthropist, but whenever I meet individual people, I generally like them love them. I can empathize with anybody, I understand why people are the way they are.
I don't know, I don't understand my own feelings on humanity, I hate it, I love it. It's all there is, we don't have anything else do we…

We can't do with them and we can't do without them?

Yeah, there is no real choice, we're all stuck with each other I guess, we are not getting along though. Things are not working out.

Some people say that you are shy because you normally are not really present at gigs, you stay in the touring buss till the beginning of the gig, and after the gig you go back again to the touring buss.

Yeah that's true.

Have you got a reason for that?

Yeah, I am afraid of people, and I am afraid of the world, and being out of my house, and..
I don't know why, I've tried to find reasons my whole life I don't know what. And I've found some reasons, and some of them seem to work, but ultimately, I find life very unpleasant to live. I find just existing painful. I don't know why, I've tried to figure it out, I wish I knew, maybe it is genetics, maybe it is the way I grew up.
So I find it very difficult to be around people and strange places and shit like that. I hide from that sort of situations, so yeah, I come out and then we play, and then I go back and I hide again.
That's basically it.

How can you manage to be in a band being scared of the world?

Drugs. I medicate myself. It is the only thing that I have found, which makes life palatable for me, is drugs and alcohol. I drink heavily since I was eleven years old, and over the past 3 years I found like hard, hard, hardcore drugs. Without them I cannot function. That simple. I can't come out, I can't come out of the house, I wish it was different. I really wish it was different, Like I cannot stand living this way, and I don't know how much longer I can go on and doing it, but it's where I am, I don't know.

How old do you think you're going to get?

How old? I ain't going to make it to 32. I'll be dead within the next two years. Everybody that I talk to tells me that I speak as though I have not much time left. I don't think I do. And I don't know if I wanna stick around, but I would give anything to not feel this way. I just would love to find some way to just not feel this way, I am just very tired of it.. that's all…

You've got a girlfriend don't you?

Yeah I've got a girl who I am very close to, yes.

Does she know about you thinking like this?

Yeah, but she doesn't understand the drug addiction, she thinks when I run off and do drugs, I am, you know, cheating on her or something like that. It ain't like that, anybody that has stayed with an addict before will tell you, don't align yourself against the addiction. It is not fucking personal! It is choosing between pain and not pain, and you can't expect somebody to choose pain, they choose the path of lease resistance. People choose what's less painful.
It is just survival for me. I don't think there is anything cool about drinking, I don't think there is anything cool about drugs, I just fucking need to do them to just be able to breathe comfortably, because otherwise I would go and blow my fucking head off and I probably will, I've been thinking about it for a year or two…

I could say you shouldn't, but that probably won't make a difference to you.

No, I just can't help it.

Is there anything people should know about you?

Not really, I don't think so. I don't know. Yeah I can say one thing, that I would like people to know about me, I am not an ignorant hick, uhm. The drunken loudmouth that comes out in Blood for Blood, that's just what it is. It's a small part of me, that's it. I am not a fucking idiot; I just stretch the imagination.

Then I think that's it.

Thank you very much, that was a good interview

Last edited:
i suppose i could fix that up and put stuff in bold or something...i fixed the tags atleast.

:sad: I missed the defective tags.

That's too many words for this hour. :uhoh: Remind me later: page 24!!!

I forgot you were the one telling people to shut up. :shifty:

yeah, i was telling people to shut up cos they were standing between me and the bathroom, and he was just announcing that he really had to take a leak.

page 24. i've got the link saved (well, not really, but i know where the thread on the board i saw it is).

it is a lot of words.

i keep forgetting to mention ramallah in my list of stuff i've been psyched about since...yesterday. and i still odn't understand how this works, it really is random that i all of a sudden get hooked on a band. this is why i can't get rid of anytrhing! never know when i might fall in love with it.

I should go to bed...suddenly it's 2. :yawn:

I think it's raining...

It's raining REALLY hard!!

I just got distracted by a search for REM tickets in Boston. Ticketmaster is listing the 11/1 show, but not the 10/29 show? :eyebrow: What the hell?

Must...get...tickets...

i think they go on sale on the 11th...or that's what i wrote down. i don't think i made it up :scratchhead:

i wish there was a way i could design a chip that would go in my brain and play this album (the sinners & saints album) in my head while i tried to go to sleep.

:heart:

:crack: Okay various brokers are also not listing 10/29 Boston...what's going on???

I think that means I should sleep. :yawn:

IWasBored said:
i think they go on sale on the 11th...or that's what i wrote down. i don't think i made it up :scratchhead:

i wish there was a way i could design a chip that would go in my brain and play this album (the sinners & saints album) in my head while i tried to go to sleep.

:heart:
They do, according to you and the Fleet Center page, but the show doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. The Mohegan Sun one, too, and I KNOW that exists...unless Kariann was scamming me for $85...:shifty:

That would be a great brain chip!! I'd buy one.

:wave: Good night!

wow, i read 'i think i should go to sleep' as 'i think i should go to SHEEP'

:shifty:

goodnight!

i'm going to sleep as soon asi can pry myself away from this cd.

Schmeg said:

They do, according to you and the Fleet Center page, but the show doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. The Mohegan Sun one, too, and I KNOW that exists...unless Kariann was scamming me for $85...:shifty:

That would be a great brain chip!! I'd buy one.

:wave: Good night!

i thought the REM site had the tourdates too....

i have no idea. all i know is i'm getting boston tickets whether ticketmaster likes it or not.

my new project: learning to tell the difference between rob lind and mark lind vocals in sinners & saints songs

i'm only 2 years behind the times...it took me forever to get this album :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom