Randooooooom....Haven't the slightest clue for a name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 19 degrees here

feels like 10 with windchill

i'm not going outside :no:

arw9797 said:
I saw the trailer for the new Star Wars movie the other night on TV. I just watched it online again :drool:

:heart: Darth Vader :heart:

Yes I admit it. I'm a total Star Wars geek. I have been since I was 3 years old in 1977 and my dad worked in the office at an accountant in a movie theater. He used to take my me and my brother to work with him and leave us in the theater while he worked. I must have seen Grease and Star Wars a 100 times each in the theater......

:shifty: sorry, I forgot I'm not in my journal. :shifty:
:drool: Grease...would you like me to recite it for you? :D

Edit: It's not going to get above freezing here tomorrow. :|

Summer lovin'
Had me a blast!
Summer lovin'
Happened so fast!

*hand jive*

Schmeg said:

I knew a guy from New Jersey who said wudder, I thought that was weird.

Rhodey Island English is atrocious but I seem to be quite good at eating my pizzer in Creeeeeanstin!

creeeanstin is cranston, right?

hmm...new jersey? cos maybe it's not new paltz at all...my mom says wudder, she's originally from new jersey. she also says "warsh" instead of wash, which comes from my grandma who's from maryland...so maybe it's the same sort of thing. although i think i used to say wudder too...

and there's "milk" vs. "melk"...

funny thing about wash vs. warsh...when i was in kindegarten the teacher read some story to us called "mrs. wishy washy" but i wasn't there that day, so i had to read the story myself at reading time...and i got really confused by the word wash because all 5 years of my life i thought it was "warsh"...

I'm planning some winter wonderland fun in Minnesota new year's weekend and if the weather holds it's going to be freeeezing :( Bring WARM clothes :sexywink:

No snow yet. :heart:

IWasBored said:

creeeanstin is cranston, right?

hmm...new jersey? cos maybe it's not new paltz at all...my mom says wudder, she's originally from new jersey. she also says "warsh" instead of wash, which comes from my grandma who's from maryland...so maybe it's the same sort of thing. although i think i used to say wudder too...

and there's "milk" vs. "melk"...

funny thing about wash vs. warsh...when i was in kindegarten the teacher read some story to us called "mrs. wishy washy" but i wasn't there that day, so i had to read the story myself at reading time...and i got really confused by the word wash because all 5 years of my life i thought it was "warsh"...
Yes, it's Cranston...the worst of the RI accents! :yikes:

I had a friend from North Providence who said "malk" and we made fun of her endlessly for it. I wonder if my New Jersey acquaintance said warsh? :hmm:

arw9797 said:

:sigh: not a song! Lines from the movie! :mad:
:reject: All I can think of is songs at the moment. Except for the pineapple line.

Beauty school drop-out
Go back to high school...

warsh is definetly the maryland thing, cos my grandma says it, and so do my cousins who live there.

but squash is also squarsh, and so on..it's funny.

I think RI takes the cake by taking R's out of some words (ie: car) and adding them to others (ie: soder). Does Maryland and Ohoi trade their R's in, or is that just the Biggest Little?

the guy who did the lecture talked about adding r's...

this tuner is awful, instead of this tuna is awful.

we don't do that here. tuna is tuna, awful or not.

arw9797 said:
:heart: I love the @U2.com cartoon when she does Lil U2 :heart: Edge is wearing an "E" tshirt! :cute:
I thought that was cute too!!! I love the Ipod page of that. :combust: That IS a beautiful bono picture!

arw9797 said:

:| notice how she's ignoring that post too. She must not want anything! :madspit:
:shifty:

I really don't but I'm not supposed to tell you that! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom