Randooooooom: come on in...if you dare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You're lucky she's back to work, Mike!

:shame: :laugh:

:tsk: am I really that predicatable?

My beloved Rock Rocks poster of The Edger is safely hidden in a spot in my bedroom that no one would ever think to look and they'd have to spend an awful long time in my room before they found it....:reject: After all of the talk last night I just could leave him on the wall for any one to view or borrow :mad: : paranoid: So I moved a different picture over there.

The freaks are done painting but I'll wait a day or two just to be on the safe side. :shifty:

arw9797 said:

:tsk: am I really that predicatable?

My beloved Rock Rocks poster of The Edger is safely hidden in a spot in my bedroom that no one would ever think to look and they'd have to spend an awful long time in my room before they found it....:reject: After all of the talk last night I just could leave him on the wall for any one to view or borrow :mad: : paranoid: So I moved a different picture over there.

The freaks are done painting but I'll wait a day or two just to be on the safe side. :shifty:

:laugh: Now THAT is funny. I would probebly do something similiar though. :shifty:

All I have to say about the people that run the three buildings is :der::der::der:

I went in on my way back from lunch to give them my new set of apartment keys to get a copy made so they had a set and I had a set. She told me that the elevator guy was acutally here performing the monthly inspection. That was fast. Yesterday he wasn't going to be here for a few weeks. So she said to stop back tonight to see if they had my keys otherwise they would make copies another day.

Then not even 5 minutes later she calls my cell phone and said that she was now in possession of my keys. Again...that was fast! I asked her both in the office and on the phone to make sure I wasn't going to have to pay for anything. She said nope both times.

I just went to the office and she was outside smoking. She opened the door for me and turned her back to continue smoking. Her buddy she was talking to told her to turn around. She opened the door and I said "I don't live in this building!..." She asked me if I was picking up a package. :sigh: :der: I told her I needed my keys!

Then we exchange keys and she told me that the elevator guy was so nice and he wasn't really doing the inspection. He was in the neighborhood and felt bad that he knew someone lost their keys and he was the only one that could get them so he stopped to find them for me free of charge.

I love how from the second I lost my keys until now I've gotten about 20 different stories. I honestly do not know what is true. If he really was just in the area and wanted to do a good deed I would love to write him a thank you note but who knows at this point what the truth is. All I know is I have my keys and I didn't have to pay for anything :kiss:

Blue Room said:

:laugh: Now THAT is funny. I would probebly do something similiar though. :shifty:

:reject: we had a fire alarm a few months ago and I almost grabbed it off the wall! I figured that was a little psycho until I saw what other people took. It's the one thing I own that I don't think I'll ever be able to replace. I've looked for it on ebay countless times since I got it just to see if anyone is selling one in mint condition that's not folded. I've never seen it again. It's my most favorite thing in all of the world...aside from my iPod :drool: But I could replace that if anything happened to it.

arw9797 said:

:reject: we had a fire alarm a few months ago and I almost grabbed it off the wall! I figured that was a little psycho until I saw what other people took. It's the one thing I own that I don't think I'll ever be able to replace. I've looked for it on ebay countless times since I got it just to see if anyone is selling one in mint condition that's not folded. I've never seen it again. It's my most favorite thing in all of the world...aside from my iPod :drool: But I could replace that if anything happened to it.
True Confessions:
During the recent tornado scare I packed my U2 tickets, my Paul McCartney Tickets, my passport, other important cards, my cell phone, my iPod, a portable battery operated radio and a few other little things into a backpack style purse I have.........I could grab and go with the purse if need be.........:reject:

shari schultz said:

True Confessions:
During the recent tornado scare I packed my U2 tickets, my Paul McCartney Tickets, my passport, other important cards, my cell phone, my iPod, a portable battery operated radio and a few other little things into a backpack style purse I have.........I could grab and go the purse if need be.........:reject:

:D I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

shari schultz said:

True Confessions:
During the recent tornado scare I packed my U2 tickets, my Paul McCartney Tickets, my passport, other important cards, my cell phone, my iPod, a portable battery operated radio and a few other little things into a backpack style purse I have.........I could grab and go one if need be.........:reject:

Shari's a woman with her priorities in order! :up:

If something happens my no brainer items are:

Mia
Larry's stick
iPod
my U2 tickets
my White Stripes ticket
my journal

My priorities would be:

My dog and then probebly something U2, not sure what though. :hmm:

Those of you listing tickets, are you talking tickets for upcoming shows? Because if you charged them online, you can get them replaced. :shrug:

:yawn: I could use a nap!

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I have another work lunch to go to. Thankfully it's not a meeting, just free food for the hell of it from Buca :drool:

Blue Room said:
My priorities would be:

My dog and then probebly something U2, not sure what though. :hmm:

Those of you listing tickets, are you talking tickets for upcoming shows? Because if you charged them online, you can get them replaced. :shrug:

*adds "old ticket stubs" to list of stuff to run screaming out of her apartment with*

*adds "old ticket stubs" to list of stuff to run screaming out of her apartment with*

:hmm: My old ticket stubs would probebly be one thing I would think of. Mainly because several of them are signed and are in poster frames for the tour they belong to. It would be which one to pick though. Probebly my Popmart tour poster with all the stubs in it. It has an Edge pick from Detroit 97 and several autographs in it.

So I guess it would be my dog, and my framed Popmart tour poster with stubs and pick.

Blue Room said:

I guess I look at it as one less thing to have to do/worry about. In case of fire, tornado or other disaster I have a feeling that I would have a few other things on my mind other than replacing tickets......:shrug:

shari schultz said:

I guess I look at it as one less thing to have to do/worry about. In case of fire, tornado or other disaster I have a feeling that I would have a few other things on my mind other than replacing tickets......:shrug:

I agree, I know my dog would be the only thing that would cross my mind immediately. Its hard to say what I would think if the situation presented itself for real.

We know what arw would do though!! :eyebrow: :laugh: :wink:

arw9797 said:
:| I see the tshirt that I almost died over at Croke Park is now conveniently on sale at U2.com :down: It's ok...when I wear my Croke Park shirt at least I'll know that I stood in the scariest line ever and almost got crushed to death to get the shirt and didn't order it from a website. :cute:
:lol: I forgot about the scariest line ever! The guy behind me was WAAAAAAAAAY to close :)yikes:!!!) but at least he was kinda comfrotable to lean on.

I kind of wish they had a different shirt available online so you'd know who was really there and who wasn't, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

:lol: Sorry, I have a funny picture in my head of you running screaming from a burning building now.

I wonder if I could take 20 picture albums? I need an emergency escape plan for my pictures. :crack:

:yawn: I'm so tired :crack: I've been so busy at work the last few days with doing my work plus taking time to help the newbie that by the time she leaves at 4:00 I can't think. :crazy:

She leaves an hour early, too? She sounds like such an amazing helper. :|

My feet hurt and I'm dizzy. What's up with the dizzy? I had to hold on to the cashwrap for dear life a few times tonight. That's not cool.

On a positive note: putting every Mysterious Ways I have on my computer into iTunes was one of the best ideas I've ever had! :up: :dance:

Schmeg said:
She leaves an hour early, too? She sounds like such an amazing helper. :|

:| Oh did I forget to mention that she has special hours? Yep :| She works 7-4 instead of 8-5 like everyone else. The plus side is our sales reps are in TN so she's going to be there the same times they are since there is an hour time difference. The bad side is I'm stuck with anything and everything the last hour of the day. Oh and also no matter what she can't ever stay late. EVER. Other than the last day of the month :| Her husband works all sorts of weird hours but is in charge of getting the kids to daycare. One is around 4 and the other is an infant so they go to different daycares which means not only does she have to check in with 2 different daycares a few times a day but she calls her husband to update him. :crazy: Oh and since her husband works all sorts of weird hours including having to go on business trips when she has to drop the kids off at daycare she doesn't get to work until 8:30, like today. But she still gets to take an hour lunch at 1:00 instead of noon and then she's back at 2:00 from lunch and leaves at 4:00. She doesn't have to make up the times at all because my boss thinks that the days she might have to skip lunch or the rare times she is able to stay late, on the last day of the month, it all evens out since we're salary. And....her husband is off the last week of the year so she thinks she's going to request a few days off to be with him and the kids. No one...NO ONE...gets the last few weeks of the year off. It's year end so everyone wants to close out any open deals so it's super busy and we don't even get to leave for lunch. They bring it to us. We don't get a holiday party until the summer because it's too busy! But she already asked before she accepted the job and was tentively told it was ok :|

Am I bothered by all of her special treatment? Not yet....but when she's all up to speed and I have to cover for her because of all of her needs then I'll be bothered :madspit:

I'm bothered by all her special treatment and I don't even work with her. :huh:

Schmeg said:
I'm bothered by all her special treatment and I don't even work with her. :huh:

I know...the whole personal call thing is what bugs the crap out of me the most. I email everyone I know all day long but I can start and email and spend all day working on it in between WORK. Plus she still has to go through any calls she gets from her old dept and transfer. Instead of just transfering the call she'll call the person to say she has a transfer and then chat.

Today.....:mad: Our tax department is upstairs, on her old floor. I sent her up there to get a tax exemption certificate approved. She was gone 10 minutes. I go up all the time for that. It takes more time to walk to the steps than it does to for the tax person to approve the form. So I say to myself :hmm: I bet she's over talking to her buddies.....later on in the day I send her up again but the second she left I thought :mad: I shouldn't have done that. FIFTEEN minutes later she returns. Both times I needed that form back asap to get the deal over to the next dept for processing. She has absolutley no sense of urgency in anything. She really did a lot today, because I made her. Things that took her hours to do on Friday and yesterday took a few minutes today because I made her sit with me and do them. She's in for a rude awakening next month end when she actually has her own deals and has 20 different people coming at her all at once. :evil: My old supervisor, who I tell everything, can't wait either :evil:

Back
Top Bottom